• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - EA/Origin Access trial coming March 16th - 10 hour trial

I think it's because MS takes a cut on Xbox while it costs the same on PC but EA gets all the money. Then again Origin access has a lot more games available in its vault.
I'm guessing MS takes a cut out of the latter.

Hmm. Still weird I can't pay a little extra to get access (no pun intended) to both.

It'll unlock today, 15th. EA Access games always drop early usually afternoon GMT time as it starts to hit midnight in locations across the world.

WUT

This is so annoying because I can't not play this but I also want the game for my PS4Pro and don't know if I can stomach doing the same 10 hours twice (especially the tutorial).

Maybe I'll just play it a little bit.

glad for the trial, I am really on the fence on the game but have it pre ordered, I can usually tell within 2-3 hours if a game is for me or not so I do appreciate this, EA.

anddo0

Just bought the monthly card mintues ago. I'll try it on 1070 laptop, surely if all goes well it will be better than the Pro.

So if I buy a month of EA Access, I can play 10 hours of Mass Effect even if I dont have the game yet? I am 100% buying the game but maybe I will do this anyways to play 10 hours.

Chris_C

Wait, PC Origin folks who preordered have been able to preload?

I'm in SEA and preordered, it says it unlocks on the 18th...

anddo0

So if I buy a month of EA Access, I can play 10 hours of Mass Effect even if I dont have the game yet? I am 100% buying the game but maybe I will do this anyways to play 10 hours.
Yes

However.. If you're 100% getting it. I don't see the point in getting Early Access unless you plan to run performance tests.

the 10% discount is just another reason why EA access is worth it.

Yes and no.. I don't buy many EA games.. EA still charges tax, so it brings the cost to PSN levels (even $60). I know Sony will start charging tax in April on PSN. So Access should get the edge soon. But then you have to also take into account GMG and CdKeys.

It will be spent in multiplayer for me. People who came back to playing ME3 has full manifests because ultra rares drop easier near the beginning on the 360 while I have nearly 700 hours in and Best of the Best with still over 100 ultra rares to drop.

Bod

Neo Member
Yes

Yes and no.. I don't buy many EA games.. EA still charges tax, so it brings the cost to PSN levels (even $60). I know Sony will start charging tax in April on PSN. So Access should get the edge soon. But then you have to also take into account GMG and CdKeys.

Mainly talking for console, I do agree with you on pc there are always cheaper prices to be found. which I myself did, but some people are just not comfortable using other key sellers so for them 10% is still 10%

Yes

However.. If you're 100% getting it. I don't see the point in getting Early Access unless you plan to run performance tests.

Yea for some reason EA charges tax in Canada but Steam and every other online retailer does not. Also coupons on GMG and other sites make it $20-$30 cheaper.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Going to remote access my PC from work so I can start the preload. Australian internet and my limited weekend demands it.

Diancecht

So no pre-load for Origin Access? I clicked Origin Access --> Play First Trials and it just says learn more about Mass Effect Andromeda. No indication of pre-load or anything.

Bod

Neo Member
So no pre-load for Origin Access? I clicked Origin Access --> Play First Trials and it just says learn more about Mass Effect Andromeda. No indication of pre-load or anything.

looks like the pre load happens the same time the early access unlocks

Starfield

2 things:

Isn't today the 15th? Why is everyone saying that it unlocks today.

Did anyone else use the 7 day trial offer? Thats pretty dope.

Diancecht

Also how do you actually see this message? I can't seem to find Mass Effect Andromeda (Trial) entry in Play First Trials.

when-does-mass-effect-andromeda-unlock-in-your-region-a-quick-guide.jpg

I think its from people who have the game pre ordered through origin

Thanks again.

Bod

Neo Member
Does anyone know where our impressions of the game in early access are going to go. Are we just using this this thread for it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
have cdkeys handed out codes yet?

Top Bottom