• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - EA/Origin Access trial coming March 16th - 10 hour trial

prag16

Banned
I don't mind a cutoff like dragon age had because I am going to waste at least an hour in the character creator.

Played at a relatively leisurely pace, how far from the start (character creator excluded) was the DA:I cutoff, approximately? Was it anything near 10 hours? 5 hours? Or was it some crap like 1 hour..

Played at a relatively leisurely pace, how far from the start (character creator excluded) was the DA:I cutoff, approximately? Was it anything near 10 hours? 5 hours? Or was it some crap like 1 hour..

No you got to play 10 hours but I believe most of the time was spent in the hinterlands

Does this apply to the PC version? (No disc with that one; it's just an origin code in a box; but same idea...)

One reason I wasn't taking the 20% off deal with Amazon Prime to go "physical" was because I'd have to spend launch night downloading/installing. But maybe I don't?

The 'trial' version turns into the full version after a simple patch, I believe. At least it did for inquisition. And to answer your other question...

The single player for DA:I was the prologue + entire Hinterlands, you could not progress past that point. Most of the multiplayer (or all of it?) was available. We can assume that for Andromeda it will be the same, prologue + first major story area.

No you got to play 10 hours but I believe most of the time was spent in the hinterlands

I think for Dragon Age: Inquisition, the trial was only 6 hours long, and only the hinterlands was available, with other regions being locked. I think the 6 hour timer starts as soon as you start the game. I thought the trail was great, as someone who wasn't sure about DA:I after DA2, it sold me on the game.

Fisty

You'll probably get the Prologue/Intro to play in SP, like the ME2 demo or something. I really can't see them giving more than that away. 8 hours to try out the MP doesn't seem so bad though.

You'll probably get the Prologue/Intro to play in SP, like the ME2 demo or something. I really can't see them giving more than that away. 8 hours to try out the MP doesn't seem so bad though.

When the ME3 demo came out, I think I played through that first mission 3 times (which was maybe 30-45 minutes long), then spent 20-25 hours on the 2 mp maps. This 10 hour trial is going to go fast.

farisr

Well this is their chance to convince me, it'll have to be really good to get me to buy at launch. Right now it's a "buy later when cheaper" especially due to the packed first quarter and persona 5 releasing early April.

ViciousDS

Banned
going to run to my dads house since he has unlimited bandwidth

I'm getting this on my Pro....but I can't wait to just try the damn game

Ralemont

not me
Sadly (in this case) I have a PS4 but if I had Access I'd probably spend those 10 hours on multiplayer, tbh. No fucking way would I want to have to stop playing the story and wait for the full game to unlock.

TheShocker

I wonder if this will be the first look at the XB1 version of the game? Everything else has been PS4/PC footage correct? Curious to see what the differences will be. Might have to sub EA Access finally.

Tohsaka

Haven't decided whether I'll get the game on PC or PS4 Pro yet. I'll probably do the trial and see how it runs on my PC before deciding.

Theorry

The Mass Effect Andromeda Trial offered to EA Access and Origin Access members will provide 10 hours of game time, though progress through the story will be restricted, BioWare producer Fernando Melo has revealed.

"You can play it all in sp if you want, but it is gated (you can't cont story after a point, but can explore or restart for ex)," explained Melo.

Progress made, and experience earned can be carried over to the full game.

Multiplayer is, however, unrestricted, though it counts towards the 10 hour time limit.

The trial will be available from March 16, with the game launching in the UK on March 23. PS4 gamers needn't worry about the trial restrictions because EA Access is not available on the platform.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/mas...gin-access-trial-will-limit-story-progression

Woorloog

Banned
Figures it would be gated. I'd imagine it would be actually possible to rush through the main story in 10h.

For the record, this is very possible in ME1, 2 and 3.

Anyway, 10h of multiplayer sounds very nice.

jesu

Think I'll just save my 10 hours for the multiplayer that weekend.
Don't want to feel like I'm rushing through the character creator!

Also, it's always nice to have the game installed before my disc gets here.

0racle

pardon my ignorance, but can this be played on PC somehow?

I just sold my xbox one and just built a gaming PC.

Only bought EA access this week, annoying because I'd like to carry over the save but I'll definitely want to play the game on the PS4Pro rather than the XB1S. Ah well, I can just play the same bits twice.

0racle

there's an origin access which is the pc version

Is that a paid service for online? Ill have to look into it. I assume its the same as EA access? same titles?

if I have an xbox one EA access does that login work with origin? cross platform?

Bsigg12

Is that a paid service for online? Ill have to look into it. I assume its the same as EA access? same titles?

if I have an xbox one EA access does that login work with origin? cross platform?

No. EA Access and Origin Access are two different things. You'll have to get Origin Access if you want to play during the trial period.

witness

Since there is multiplayer I'll just play that since I'm getting this game on PS4 because I have a Pro and don't want to do the story stuff twice that quickly.

Coxy100

Banned
A post from a while ago says you can get a 1 week trial of ea access by just downloading the app. Is that right does anyone know?

If I start my free 7 days of EA Access shortly before this starts I'm hoping they won't pull some shenanigans and not let me participate.

Top Bottom