• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - EA/Origin Access trial coming March 16th - 10 hour trial

solis74

See stuff like this I love. The experimental opportunities seem incredible. The sheer verticality.

giphy.gif

Must try!! will try!!
:)

Probably. I imagine that first planet is going to be absurdly hard because of the lack of control over your companions, enemy health, and you only having one power for a good chunk of it.

It really really is. 3rd fight (the one set around the crashed shuttle), I must have died like 6-7 times. Fucking brutal.

I love it. Gonna do Insanity in my forreal game too.

Fuck sake! just found out this releases 2 days later than NA for the UK

I got Tuesday off work too : (

There's a guide to doing early unlocks in the Community thread. I'd recommend giving it a shot.

I think the issue with the default Sara face is that her mouth looks like its smirking or slightly smiling at rest. So it makes every conversation feel awkward because it looks like she is smirking at serious shit, or is just so blown away by it all, in her own world. Shit is weird.

Thats the only negative for me so far. I'm finding it hard to get immersed in the story with this girl laughing at everything. Rest of the game is pretty good so far IMO, I'm only a few hours in.

pitchfork

It really really is. 3rd fight (the one set around the crashed shuttle), I must have died like 6-7 times. Fucking brutal.

I love it. Gonna do Insanity in my forreal game too.

There's a guide to doing early unlocks in the Community thread. I'd recommend giving it a shot.

Cheers for the suggestion mate, I get weirdly paranoid about things like that though..

Will wait for Thursday and try and avoid all spoilers

TheYanger

I think what is odd about that timing is that it ends at what is presumably right BEFORE the big call to action for your characters, the reveal of what is going on out there. It'd be like if you got a demo for Mass Effect 1 and it ended right when you were going to activate the Prothean Beacon, rather than right after.

I think what is odd about that timing is that it ends at what is presumably right BEFORE the big call to action for your characters, the reveal of what is going on out there. It'd be like if you got a demo for Mass Effect 1 and it ended right when you were going to activate the Prothean Beacon, rather than right after.

See, for me, I feel like I already got my call to action. I'm already super invested in setting up outposts and shit for the Nexus, I feel like they did a really good job of communicating their plight and I wanna help.

On the main plot front, the
Archon intro
also has me intrigued as hell. So I don't feel like there's a missing call to action here, as such.

GravyButt

downloaded the ea access trial and just decided to digitally preorder it on the xb1. Am I all set come Tuesday or do I have to download more?

Mike.83

Because I am weak I've just stumped up the £4 for a month of EA Access....
I have it pre ordered on PS4 but this might make me change over... depends how my slightly aged PC stands up to the test and how much I enjoy it.

Vetra and PeeBee both have fantastic intros. Gives you a great sense of who and what they are. PeeBee in particular comes off as less "weird for weird's sake" than I was expecting, more... spunky. Great stuff. Cora I didn't immediately take to, but after talking in her cabin I like what I'm seeing. Liam is just too chill to dislike, in my books. Drak I only saw once in the trial, and I'll admit, I wasn't exactly swept off my feet. But hey, it's 2 minutes out of a 100 hour game. Lots of room to develop.

I agree pretty much and was surprised with my reaction to PeeBee, the PR made me hate her and the intro was awkward but I ended up liking her in the end. I think the fact that she seems to be a
scientist and not some goofy rogue type character
helps for some reason. Drak was a boring intro but I look forward to picking his brain about stuff. I like how he seems really concerned about the Kett and the Remnants and is trying to figure things out, not just wrecking stuff because he's Krogan

Starfield

Could it be that the area on Eos where you can explore is enlcosed with high radiation so you can only see parts of the planet in the trial?

oneils

Anyone else having problems connecting on pc? I can't seem to join a multiplayer session. This sucks. I wonder if its sunday morning traffic or what. Hopefully this will be resolved on release.

Could it be that the area on Eos where you can explore is enlcosed with high radiation so you can only see parts of the planet in the trial?

I think once you're able to proceed beyond that door and activate the Remnant technology, that'll likely make the whole area safe to explore.

GeekMarty

Anyone else having problems connecting on pc? I can't seem to join a multiplayer session. This sucks. I wonder if its sunday morning traffic or what. Hopefully this will be resolved on release.
If anything, online connectivity is usually at its worst on release day.

Mike.83

Does this have a key for screenshots? The folder for it on my PC has a screenshot folder but i can't work out how to take them.

thanks, is there one for xbox?

I... don't think so, unfortunately :-/

It *should* be possible to set up a router-level VPN and do it that way, but I'm afraid I don't know how to do that myself.

I agree pretty much and was surprised with my reaction to PeeBee, the PR made me hate her and the intro was awkward but I ended up liking her in the end. I think the fact that she seems to be a
scientist and not some goofy rogue type character
helps for some reason. Drak was a boring intro but I look forward to picking his brain about stuff. I like how he seems really concerned about the Kett and the Remnants and is trying to figure things out, not just wrecking stuff because he's Krogan

Yeah, Peebee having an actual external focus beyond "break the rules, maaaaan!" helped a lot. She's genuinely interested and enthused about studying the Remnant.

Drak, my big issue was that he's just as angry as Grunt and Wrex but didn't really show off any sense of humor like those two had. We'll see how it goes.

I don't think so. This game is p2p so there is no server for it to crash.

Matchmaking servers are still a thing. We've been having day 1 server issues for longer than we've been having dedicated host servers.

So I preloaded the game which was like 43gb. Then I go to play the trial and it wanted me to download another 25gb? Fuck that, I'll just wait until tomorrow I guess.

I think the issue with the default Sara face is that her mouth looks like its smirking or slightly smiling at rest. So it makes every conversation feel awkward because it looks like she is smirking at serious shit, or is just so blown away by it all, in her own world. Shit is weird...

y'know. george bush had this exact same problem :) ...

090114_bush_transcript.jpg

peronmls

wait the sexual acts part. He just said he made a blow job joke. there was no sexual act. There is a weird game of phone going on.

oneils

So i do not to remove the trial because when it becomes the full version this week?

Are you asking whether or not you should delete the game? No, don't delete it. It will unlock on the 21st in North America and the 23rd in EU. You have the full game already installed.

Finally got around to trying the multiplayer and sadly the game crashed completely once when trying to load in, lobbies got dropped for no reason and then a whole game was rubber banding like crazy. Really disappointed to see this but I guess it's what can be expected on P2P hosting. :/ What I did get to play I enjoyed though.

hank_tree

Beautiful. The weather looks great. So conservatively we are looking at at least 50 hours. Bout what I expected. Since everyone is so keen to compare every feature and detail to Horizon (which I loved) I beat horizon in a little over 20 hours.

Ugh. I really hope it's closer in length to the other Mass Effect games. We don't need another DA:I.

Megauap

I just right-clicked the trial on Origin and selected Update (I do it every time before playing the trial) and to my surprise it downloaded 2 updates, a 500Mb one and a 288Mb.
There were no updates yesterday.
No patch notes though...

I just right-clicked the trial on Origin and selected Update (I do it every time before playing the trial) and to my surprise it downloaded 2 updates, a 500Mb one and a 288Mb.
There were no updates yesterday.
No path notes though...

Yeah I just did this too and also got an update.

Top Bottom