• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Trailer

patapuf

Did anyone actually play the OT with a default Shep?

I did.

My femshep playthrough were also default femshep exept the hair and eye colour.

I don't like spending more than 5-10 mins in character creators and if the default looks good, i'll take it.

Not looking forward to this at all. Combat aside it looks like DA:I in space. Facial animations are god-awful, Turian and Asari character design look way worse. I mean this:

tumblr_o8oexncV661tt3wuco2_540.gif

Is still WTF. They've also taken the worst part of The Witcher 3, which was the scanning. Hope that's not a part of every quest.

Still gonna buy it though because I'm a masochist.

KageMaru

I'm actually more impressed by the trailer than I thought I would be. Wasn't a huge fan of the female model used but I'm sure you'll be able to customize your character. Now to decide whether I want to get this on the PC or PS4. Generally that would be an easy decision but if the game has a good multiplayer mode, I'll want to play with my friends who are on the PS4.

Robot Pants

Gotta say this looks really bad.
The last trailer seemed completely different. It made me excited. This however is not looking too hot

qcf x2

Nothing about the disarming scene makes any sense, it's Disney levels of unrealistic. Also, plz make her eyes do something. That they are 100% static during that moment is as bad as her disarming a weapon by softly pushing the alien's arm down, as if that would prevent one from pulling a trigger (especially when she removes a hand to unholster her own weapon).

Nameless

Male shepherd, along with several cast members (Kaiden, Miranda), is a real life model. His face has unique textures and detail that isn't possible through the character creator. Not sure how that can look super generic given how he clearly looked better than every other human in the game by quite a long way.

His model just came off as the standard military cut, tight jawed, white bro hero. I noticed the lower quality textures with my FemShep but still preferred her look to the default models.

Again I was out of the loop for most of this stuff and was genuinely asking.

Also the scanning mechanic is so fucking played out now.

I never want to take out a scanner and follow a path ever again in a game. Lazy game design.

That goes for you, CDPR, with the "Witcher senses"!

Zyae

ME1 combat was RPG roots to the core and that's what made me fall in love with it. ME2 and ME3 completely went away from that and caused me to hate the series. That's my personal preference and I hope this was just a flash trailer for excitement sake.

Lol. I love Mass Effect, one of my favorite series ever. Dude the combat and gameplay in ME1 was hot trash.

Also total nitpick, but what really bugs me about the scanner is how the outline doesn't get obscured by the arm. Goes against the whole visual idea of a laser scanning the environment.

The body itself obscures it, so I hope this is just a bug that gets fixed until release.
I believe it is doing this
SeyIDu4.png

The soundtrack!

Game is looking amazing

edit: LOL yeah scanning in gaming is getting ridiculous. It makes sense a little bit in a game like this atleast

Alastor3

I never got into Mass Effect because I just find it so bland. I loved Bioware before EA and hate it after EA.

Anyway, Andromeda looks kind of cool but I wonder if I could play it without having done any other mass effect even if it's like 600 years in the future.

Looks like Mass Effect to me. Although I was hoping for a significant number of new alien races to replace the Hanar and the Elcor. Something imaginative. Something other than Turian 1,000 and Krogan 2.0.

Anyway, Andromeda looks kind of cool but I wonder if I could play it without having done any other mass effect even if it's like 600 years in the future.
Yes.

That is literally the point of Bioware setting this in another galaxy. It's a soft reboot to avoid the fallout of ME3 and to get new people into the universe.

theWB27

I never got into Mass Effect because I just find it so bland. I loved Bioware before EA and hate it after EA.

It is its own story.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
This game looks like my memories of Mass Effect. Which means this probably looks 10x better than Mass Effect.

Maledict

The fact they brought krogans still irks me. It makes absolutely no sense at all, on any level. Not only that, but for a dying species whose home world is a radioactive wasteland there seem to be a large number of them around!

I do want to start seeing new species. I hope we get more aliens that just the remnants and the Ket (sp). Taking us to a new galaxy, framing the game as a huge exploration junket, and then having almost all the species in the game be the same ones from the original tilogy seems a real missed opportunity,

kadotsu

Banned
The art direction looks messy. We have flora that feels out of place in the environment they inhabit and everything feels like it has one or two too many design passes on it. I also don't like that the brief story moments that are shown are focussing on badassery when the best ME moments were about detective work or support of people in need.

theWB27

That's cute
2705806-me3+running+animation+01.gif

I remember when people said the same thing about this

What? An Asari could've had that same animation. You know they aren't hiring real aliens and motion capturing their authentic running animations in these games right?

Plus...this isn't that game. It's a different game in the same series. That isn't done. No matter how much one scene history wants to gif.

The fact they brought krogans still irks me. It makes absolutely no sense at all, on any level. Not only that, but for a dying species whose home world is a radioactive wasteland there seem to be a large number of them around!

I do want to start seeing new species. I hope we get more aliens that just the remnants and the Ket (sp). Taking us to a new galaxy, framing the game as a huge exploration junket, and then having almost all the species in the game be the same ones from the original tilogy seems a real missed opportunity,

There is another race mentioned in the trailer and one we havent seen before actually shown. We dont know if they are one in the same.

Jingo

Wow, i liked what i saw, from someone who never played a mass effect, can someone explain me what type of game is this? Like a dead space without the horror?

Oh God yes, scanning! LOVE doing it in the Witcher 3 so I'm glad I'll be able to do it in this game too.

Said no one ever.

Apart from that it looks great. Gameplay looks fun, and the environments looks beautiful, as expected. Facial animations still look a little iffy, though.

Wow, i liked what i saw, from someone who never played a mass effect, can someone explain me what type of game is this? Like a dead space without the horror?

An multi-open-area action RPG.

Blinck

God damnit.. many of my fears, apparently, came true. It has too much influence from DA:I. I like DA, but I don't think ME will work well in this gameplay formula...I much prefer a more focused experience.
The "giant worlds" probably full of god damn bandits and side quests that don't mean anything. Random beasts to hunt or whatever. Stuff to harvest...and a fucking scanner.

One of the worst recent designs in gaming are the fucking scanners. It's so boring... and you feel like you constantly have to use them or you might be missing something..

Everything basically seems more disperse and less focused.
Also, while the graphics look amazing, there is a slight shift from the original art direction that I'm not very fond of.

Fucking scanners.

One last note...what the hell is wrong with her nose?!

BumRush

It's a 3rd person shooter with RPG mechanics (point allocation, etc). There's a heavy emphasis on exploring new planets and civilizations. Combat is guns plus biotic powers (think force push type stuff)

theWB27

God damnit.. many of my fears, apparently, came true. It has too much influence from DA:I. I like DA, but I don't think ME will work well in this gameplay formula...I much prefer a more focused experience.
The "giant worlds" probably full of god damn bandits and side quests that don't mean anything. Random beasts to hunt or whatever. Stuff to harvest...and a fucking scanner.

One of the worst recent designs in gaming are the fucking scanners. It's so boring... and you feel like you constantly have to use them or you might be missing something..

Everything basically seems more disperse and less focused.
Also, while the graphics look amazing, there is a slight shift from the original art direction that I'm not very fond of.

Fucking scanners.

One last note...what the hell is wrong with her nose?!

I'm in bizarro world. That's been in since ME1. Driving that Mako and doing those side missions with the very samey corridors is nothing new. You also scanned crap in ME2.

What exactly is going on here.

Top Bottom