• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda: Meet The Voice of Peebee the Asari

hydruxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAm1WUC7Bcw

mass_effect_andromeda_peebee.jpg

Definitely seems like one of the more interesting squadmates

Tovarisc

VA makes her sound somewhat interesting character, but her design keeps bothering me.

What is up with that midriff she has going on?

Edit: Also I wish they had used her actual name instead of meme material that is "Peebee (& J)"

UberLevi

Peebee seems like she could be a fun character, but between the badass Krogan and the female Turian it's gonna be hard to make space on my team for Peebee during missions. I'll definitely talk to her on the Tempest, but I'm not going to romance her since I romanced Liara throughout the entire trilogy and I'd like to mix it up a little.

Seems cool.

Unpopular opinion time, Sera was one of the best characters in DA:I.

Not unpopular, just enlightened. Most people never seem to have gotten past their personal expectations of Fantasy Elves (eastern-ish nature folk with a stick up their asses). Fortunately, persistence with Sera paid off to learn her character. But goddamn if she did not try to be a wall of annoying at the start.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Bizarre clothing choice for space exploration. Just saying. Not as bad as Jack but still.

Tovarisc

Not unpopular, just enlightened. Most people never seem to have gotten past their personal expectations of Fantasy Elves (eastern-ish nature folk with a stick up their asses). Fortunately, persistence with Sera paid off to learn her character. But goddamn if she did not try to be a wall of annoying at the start.

I never got over her insanely obnoxious personality and bottom tier humor. Fart jokes 24/7, really? We 4yo now?

Yeah, I definitely stuck it out and ended up liking her as a character.

Tovarisc

Was she cockney or whatever elf? She was trash
Peebee seems interesting, I feel like half of gaf is gonna hate her though

I consider giving her a shot if I can give her suit which removes that embarrassing midriff from existence.

Jocund

I consider giving her a shot if I can give her suit which removes that embarrassing midriff from existence.

I think I remember reading that she wears space suits on missions. The midriff clothes are her casual outfit, which to BioWare/EA is assumedly more appealing for marketing purposes.

It's weird, because the way Lakin explains Peebee's character, I'm basically rolling my eyes through the whole thing. But I didn't mind Sera in Inquisition; the only real disagreements I remember having with her were political ones, and probably also she's selfish. So maybe this will work too, who knows.

Tovarisc

I think I remember reading that she wears space suits on missions. The midriff clothes are her casual outfit, which to BioWare/EA is assumedly more appealing for marketing purposes.

So in gameplay trailer where we saw her she was in midriff cosplay because... sex appeal?, while everyone else was wearing actual battle- / spacesuits?

Edit: that trailer was in mission

Jocund

So in gameplay trailer where we saw her she was in midriff cosplay because... sex appeal?, while everyone else was wearing actual battle- / spacesuits?

Edit: that trailer was in mission

Yes. In Mass Effect 3 you had a choice of a couple of outfits for crew members, which usually included a casual outfit (what they wore on the Normandy) and a more appropriate option, which was usually a kind of space suit. They might be taking the same approach here.

And like I said, I might be misremembering, but the precedent is there.

Tovarisc

Yes. In Mass Effect 3 you had a choice of a couple of outfits for crew members, which usually included a casual outfit (what they wore on the Normandy) and a more appropriate option, which was usually a kind of space suit. They might be taking the same approach here.

And like I said, I might be misremembering, but the precedent is there.

They are bringing back loyalty missions from ME2 so I hope they bring back loyalty suits. That would be great way to eliminate midriff and give her actually functioning suit for exploring unknown worlds.

Jack's design also was moronic, but her saving grace was writing. Not 100% sold yet that Peebee is saved by writing.

Tosyn_88

Bizarre clothing choice for space exploration. Just saying. Not as bad as Jack but still.

I suppose they want to emphasise the fact that she's a very young asari. If I remember correctly, asari tend to be slutyy during their maiden years. Obviously it does still look strange but yeah asari tend to be wreckless during their maiden years

Tovarisc

I suppose they want to emphasise the fact that she's a very young asari. If I remember correctly, asari tend to be slutyy during their maiden years. Obviously it does still look strange but yeah asari tend to be wreckless during their maiden years

edit: nvm, got context of what VA said wrong

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I liked Sera a lot in DAI. I understand why a lot of people wouldn't though and PeeBee definitely looks a like a more palatable version of her. Really like her VA, so she looks quite promising so far.

Tosyn_88

I liked Sera a lot in DAI. I understand why a lot of people wouldn't though and PeeBee definitely looks a like a more palatable version of her. Really like her VA, so she looks quite promising so far.

Is Sera the elf? The one who was like a little angry Robin Hood?

Top Bottom