• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition delayed to 2021

"The publisher originally planned to launch the remastered trilogy, that I first reported on back in May, with an October reveal and release. But now EA and developer BioWare are pushing that release into early 2021, according to people familiar with the development.

"The primary factor holding up development, beyond the pandemic, is the original Mass Effect game. It currently does not live up to the quality of the rest of the package. It would make a poor first impression for new players, and it might disappoint fans who then won’t go on to play and experience the impressive upgrades for Mass Effect 2 and ME 3.

Last edited:
Weeeeaaaaak

I was really looking forward to a release this year. But, with that said and the delay, they better include ME3's co-op.

MrS

Banned
That studio is absolutely dog shit. Where did it all go wrong for Bioware? Put them out of their misery.

T-Cake

I can see a lot of people buying the old versions on Xbox Series X|S if this new one turns out to be duff. I will certainly miss the ME3 multiplayer.

It would be fantastic if MS could work their BC magic and get the originals running at 4K30 or even 4K60 without any patching.

Last edited:

LordCBH

I would rather the first game stay largely the same other than running at higher resolutions and framerates. I really don’t trust Bioware to change up the gameplay.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
impressive upgrades for Mass Effect 2 and ME 3

tenor.gif

Kokoloko85

The one bloody game I wanted from EA this whole gen and they dont release it in 7 years....
They could of made money from it too, but i guess they prefer loot box profits

I haven’t played these yet, but I am interested. I don’t mind waiting. How about EA get on Deadspace And KOTOR collections?

Pallas

Ah the ol’ “delay before even announcing the game” routine.

Wonder if they will keep the unlimited ammo/overheating mechanic or change it to the more traditional system in the later games.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

But ME1 is the only decent game in the franchise.
As someone who recently replayed the trilogy I have to agree. The second one is also decent though, but not nearly as good as the first one. Still, it has its moments. Third one only has Javik.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
Gotta work out them frostbite bugs and add ...microtransactions.

Have you ever wanted a fancy hat for your Shepard or even a silly dress for Tali'Zorah or how about a predator style suit for Wrex. Well, look no further in the Mass Effect Remaster Store you will get all these and more.

Please don't expect the game to work on launch but at least the store will

Rikkori

The rumour he started got a delay?

:rolleyes:

..and then he follows up with..

EA doesn’t plan to include the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer in this package. Something like that would turn this remaster into a live-service game, and that is likely not worth the investment.

Right, EA hates live-service buy a million MTX games because clearly everything isn't already in-place from the old days and them updating the textures totally compromises this & requires significant development.

:goog_rolleyes:

Last edited:

mitchman

Gold Member
"The primary factor holding up development, beyond the pandemic, is the original Mass Effect game. It currently does not live up to the quality of the rest of the package. It would make a poor first impression for new players, and it might disappoint fans who then won’t go on to play and experience the impressive upgrades for Mass Effect 2 and ME 3.
Ah good, certain parts of ME1 was absolutely shit, I hated the driving on the planets.

Ascend

Everyone knew since before ME2 that the ME1 mechanics weren't that well-received. But I guess this was rediscovered now near the end of 2020...? Sounds like an excuse. Maybe this person is making this stuff up, and since things are silent, he's trying to save face by saying it's delayed.

Either that, or changing the mechanics and combining it with the ME1 world is a more daunting task than previously thought.

Andodalf

Banned
Everyone knew since before ME2 that the ME1 mechanics weren't that well-received. But I guess this was rediscovered now near the end of 2020...? Sounds like an excuse. Maybe this person is making this stuff up, and since things are silent, he's trying to save face by saying it's delayed.

Either that, or changing the mechanics and combining it with the ME1 world is a more daunting task than previously thought.

ME2/3 Style combat wouldn't work in ME1, you'd need to recreate every single combat encounter and arena. It'd basically require remaking the game from the ground up.

Top Bottom