• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Sale

Just another quick public service announcement, Gaffers.

The Mass Effect Legendary Edition is currently on sale over on Steam and it's ridiculously cheap.

For £12:49 you get Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3, plus all the DLC (upto 40 pieces of content) as well as some new weapons, armour etc...and all remastered with improved visuals etc...

That's an awful lot of content for 12 quid.

(Edit) it's also available on Game Pass, and comes as part of the E.A Play catalogue (not sure about the higher tier versions of PS Plus), so if you aren't fussed about keeping the games you could sign up for one month and play through.

Last edited:
The first game alone is worth much more than that. Second one also is great.

So get on it.

Bonus purchase: Starfield edition xbox one controller.

RAIDEN1

This thread reminds me to get back into where I left off with M.E 3....(only my 2nd ever playthrough of the game..) makes you wonder when will we finally get a new mainline entry ...its been in the works since the Andromeda shit show...

AJUMP23

Gold Member
If you never played it. Go enjoy one of the best gaming adventures of all time. The story on the first game is streets ahead of most all games.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
yeah I got physical edition for ps4 (5) for 20$ a while back.
Still have not played it.

I remember binging all 3 games back to back on pc back in the day... or 360, I don't remember. But I finished 1st and 2nd game good 3 times each. 3rd game only once.
I plan to replay the whole trilogy. is the ps4 version on ps5 good? I see it received patches

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Also available on both Game Pass and PS+.

No reason not to try out one of the best RPG trilogies of our lifetime.
I'm one of the weird ones who still haven't played it.

I tried Mass Effect 1 at least 2 times but couldn't get past the first 90-120 minutes. I hope to power through it at least once, until the game clicks for me.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm one of the weird ones who still haven't played it.

I tried Mass Effect 1 at least 2 times but couldn't get past the first 90-120 minutes. I hope to power through it at least once, until the game clicks for me.

Have you tried the Legendary version or the original one?

Legendary makes a lot of QoL improvements, including a very nice graphical overhaul, that makes it a lot easier to get into compared to the original.

The strategy of playing Mass Effect 1 on easiest setting and skipping all side missions is still probably the best way to play it.

Noooo ! .. you don't want to miss Garrus, Tali and Wrex's character missions. They're great lore building and factor into ME2's dialogues as well.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
The strategy of playing Mass Effect 1 on easiest setting and skipping all side missions is still probably the best way to play it.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. I earned every trophy in all three games and played all the way through on Insanity difficulty. That made for an overall excellent gaming experience. Now if one just wants to take in the story then sure, nothing wrong with that either.

violence

I wouldn't necessarily say that. I earned every trophy in all three games and played all the way through on Insanity difficulty. That made for an overall excellent gaming experience. Now if one just wants to take in the story then sure, nothing wrong with that either.
i’m going to assume that wasn’t a first Playthru. I played Mass Effect two and three on insanity and it was a great time. I may do it with part one as well. I just wouldn’t recommend that for the first play through

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
and-there-you-463h83.jpg

drganon

I got it for the ps4 on sale earlier in the year already. Got the platinum trophy for all 3 games. It was fun revisiting them years after I first played them on the 360.

Topher

Gold Member
i’m going to assume that wasn’t a first Playthru. I played Mass Effect two and three on insanity and it was a great time. I may do it with part one as well. I just wouldn’t recommend that for the first play through

Yeah, one play through for the Legendary Edition. Not sure why it matters though. The game isn't that difficult even on Insanity.

violence

Yeah, one play through for the Legendary Edition. Not sure why it matters though. The game isn't that difficult even on Insanity.
Maybe you’re right. They did put a lot of work in the the legendary version. The first version was pretty rough and you were better off just putting it on easy. Aiming the sniper rifle at the beginning of the game doesn’t swing all over the screen anymore.

I still think the game is much better when you trim the fat (side quests)

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Have you tried the Legendary version or the original one?

Legendary makes a lot of QoL improvements, including a very nice graphical overhaul, that makes it a lot easier to get into compared to the original.
First time, I tried the original on PC. Then I tried the Legendary on PS5.

Maybe you’re right. They did put a lot of work in the the legendary version. The first version was pretty rough and you were better off just putting it on easy. Aiming the sniper rifle at the beginning of the game doesn’t swing all over the screen anymore.

I still think the game is much better when you trim the fat (side quests)
I understand they made a lot of visual upgrades, particularly in the second and third game.

I'm a big fan of the first game much more so than the sequels and I almost bought this just for some visual upgrades but I heard there are some mechanical changes and whatnot to the first game so I held off - what's the reality of this exactly? 15 USD is a decent deal.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I'm a big fan of the first game much more so than the sequels and I almost bought this just for some visual upgrades but I heard there are some mechanical changes and whatnot to the first game so I held off - what's the reality of this exactly? 15 USD is a decent deal.
Well worth a buy, I rate the 1st game over the others too and bought this collection on day 1, for this price, you cant go wrong (y)

Metnut

Imagine sitting on Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls IP for over a decade without a mainline entry. Brutal.

Great games and we want more.

Top Bottom