• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Spring Sale is live

Solarstrike

Gold Member
I actually just put this on my wishlist not too long ago. It looks very cool, but I'm still not 100% sold on it. The few videos I watched seemed like it was a very involved game. You can take control and play it like a 3rd person game too yeah?

Yes you can control every character/troops (whereas available). You can adjust the camera on the fly to a fps type view, yes. Or third person view. Although kinda jank it's still pretty cool. Many times you'll need to control a single troop/tank to make progress.

How about this one

This one looks really cool. I think I saw Gman do a video on it. Needs to get a bit lower.
New system shock remaster?
I tried the original system shock and did not care for it at all.

I was thinking about Trepang 2. FEAR is one of my top 10 games of all time and I played the demo awhile back and enjoyed it.

Oh and I know it sold like shit but I played the demo for Immortals of Aveum just now and it seemed pretty cool. I know Colin Moriarty loves it.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

This one looks really cool. I think I saw Gman do a video on it. Needs to get a bit lower.

Oh and I know it sold like shit but I played the demo for Immortals of Aveum just now and it seemed pretty cool. I know Colin Moriarty loves it.
Take a look at this one then. Same fantasy shooter style as Immortals of Aveum but none of the issues (and much cheaper):

Last edited:

simpatico

How about this one

Made my Top 5 last year. Amazing game. Long too, 10+ hours and there are no filler levels. Many "oh shit" moments and by the end of it the power fantasy is off the charts. Easy recommend. Equal to more SP content than Doom Eternal. Really has the content quantity of a regular AA SP FPS.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Made my Top 5 last year. Amazing game. Long too, 10+ hours and there are no filler levels. Many "oh shit" moments and by the end of it the power fantasy is off the charts. Easy recommend. Equal to more SP content than Doom Eternal. Really has the content quantity of a regular AA SP FPS.
Did you see they released a DLC for it last year?

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Just picked this one up. Excellent deal. Complete Edition is under $20

Also picked this one up which comes with a bunch of free DLC. Playing along with ultrazilla ultrazilla . Game is a riot! Very detailed, spot on controls. Another great game from Rebellion Studios, their other games in the series are on sale as well!

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Got no more heroes 1&2. Tried 3 on a whim for a hour today since it’s on Xbox game pass and holy shit the style is so damn good. I’ve only ever messed with Let It Die from Grasshopper. Oh and one of their visual novel mystery games.

Needlecrash

Got no more heroes 1&2. Tried 3 on a whim for a hour today since it’s on Xbox game pass and holy shit the style is so damn good. I’ve only ever messed with Let It Die from Grasshopper. Oh and one of their visual novel mystery games.
Get Killer7 if you can. Personally, NMH 1 plays better than 2 but 3 is great too.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Get Killer7 if you can.
Pretty sure I own it already. Played 40 mins once. Got to like chapter 1, and put it down to never come back to it. Recall a like black and white opening and I think I was in some house that was pink or some shit with floors on ceilings having to fight a boss there?

Edit: NVM. I am thinking of a different game.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Pretty sure I own it already. Played 40 mins once. Got to like chapter 1, and put it down to never come back to it. Recall a like black and white opening and I think I was in some house that was pink or some shit with floors on ceilings having to fight a boss there?
It's....an acquired taste. It's essentially an FPS that moves on rails with action/novel elements. It's different but I really like it.

//DEVIL//

Street fighter 6 is tempting. but man so many I am jumping between I am not sure if I jump in.

Right now busy with Final Fantasy 7 rebirth. Tekken 8 online from time to time, Helldivers 2 and COD.
I feel like If i buy this ill not play it much. I am not much fan of street fighter online.

Needlecrash

Street fighter 6 is tempting. but man so many I am jumping between I am not sure if I jump in.

Right now busy with Final Fantasy 7 rebirth. Tekken 8 online from time to time, Helldivers 2 and COD.
I feel like If i buy this ill not play it much. I am not much fan of street fighter online.
Street Fighter 6 will teach you to play from scratch. Online play will match you up with those around your skill level. Online play is the best I've seen in a Street Fighter title.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You know the sale is a bit shit when the top 16 best-selling items look like this

Sozj4S6.png

Three full priced games
Full priced hardware
Three free to play games
Three games 10% off
Four games 33%-50% off
Two live service GAAS games that are 60% and 80% off

//DEVIL//

Street Fighter 6 will teach you to play from scratch. Online play will match you up with those around your skill level. Online play is the best I've seen in a Street Fighter title.
Thank you for making it harder for me to avoid it.

I wanted support but the other way around lol

Cyberpunkd

90s game design, the game.
Peak design then.

Sale is very, very meh. Bought Shipbreaker and having tons of fun, but the key was 2€. Same with all other games, every time I see something interesting it is much cheaper to buy a Steam key from another site. Thinking Dave the Diver or Dredge.

Freeman76

Nearly bought Wartales before realising its on gamepass, what an amazing game that is, 15 hours in 3 days and it keeps getting better

yansolo

i bought halo collection for 15 buckaroos, still pretty cheap but i remember it being around 12 though maybe a year ago. I'll agree with a lot of people the sales are kind of shitty, there are a few ripper deals but a lot of them just seem over priced to me, especially for games that are a few years old now.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Since im leaving the console world im looking hard at Diablo 4. Yeah its not great but I still like to jump in and okay every so often. Otherwise, my backlog is far too large to justify more purchases.
People will hate on it but it’s a massive game with plenty of content! I’ve enjoyed my 27 hours so far and still have half to map to open up

ssringo

Damn, I wish I could've posted this one sooner but I didn't notice until today while browsing the store. This game was removed from Steam apparently due to some bullshit with the publisher. Seems the devs got the rights to their game back a couple months ago and it's available again.

It's a great 2d soulslike. If you enjoyed Salt and Sanctuary its worth giving this a chance. I put 77 hours across several playthroughs a few years back.

Greetings,

We are Glass Heart Studio from Taiwan. Last month, our game "Vigil: The Longest Night" was unexpectedly removed from multiple platforms. We would like to provide an update on the situation:

1. This decision was not made on our part. The authority to publish on platforms is currently held by the former publisher, Neon Doctrine. As early as 2021, when we released an update for "ASOMROF," Neon Doctrine expressed concerns that the term "ASOMROF" was a reversal of "FORMOSA" and could potentially cross political red lines, particularly, China’s. They reported this to Steam, claiming that it contained elements of Taiwanese history which might violate China’s regulations, leading to the removal of the game from Steam's China region.

2. Vigil was a completely self-funded and original creation, with full control of the related content. During our crowdfunding campaign back in 2018, we unveiled our plan to create a "FORMOSA"-derived DLC named "ASOMROF, quite a while before reaching any contract or agreements with Neon Doctrine. This DLC was designed to encompass Taiwanese cultural elements, set against the backdrop of Fort Zeelandia, and offering a unique gaming experience. Our explanation of "ASOMROF" was shared multiple times in news articles and on social media, and Neon Doctrine acknowledged that their team member in Taiwan was aware of it.

3. Subsequently, Neon Doctrine escalated their actions without prior notice, withholding significant revenue, and removing our backend update access. These actions were even further elevated to unauthorized sales of game keys and merchandise on external platforms, including the China Phoenix platform, even when the game itself was removed from Steam China's region. When reported to the authorities and legal action was undertaken, Neon Doctrine’s response was to simply remove these products from the platforms without providing any reasonable explanations or compensations.

We initiated a lawsuit on October 14, 2021; legal victories on our part subsequently led to contract terminations and injunctions with Neon Doctrine, with separate courts overseeing the return of the game, yet ongoing appeals and investigations into unauthorized sales have further complicated the situation. We remain in the dark regarding the recent abrupt removal of the game from all platforms, and are yet to receive any explanation from Neon Doctrine.

Despite the uncertainty of the legal proceedings and their outcomes, we are resolute in exploring all avenues of recourse. Our struggle transcends borders, championing justice and creative freedom globally. While we acknowledge the potential legal ramifications of this statement, we stand by our convictions that gaming integrity and creativity must transcend political disparities and petty nationalism. We kindly request your assistance in spreading this message and would like to express our deepest gratitude for your support and understanding. We hope that one day we can bring "Vigil: The Longest Night" back to you.

Top Bottom