• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition on ps5 looks fantastic!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I played the original trilogy back in the 360 days. They cleaned up some textures and outputting the game at 4k 60 fps.

There are some odd facial animations left over but very minimal. The environments and lighting looks fantastic. It looks better than a lot of current games.

Well, that's it. I've heard many people talk about Mass Effect this week and I've been trying to resist the urge to replay it, but I think I have to now. I need some Biotic explosions in my life.

jonnyp

I played the original trilogy back in the 360 days. They cleaned up some textures and outputting the game at 4k 60 fps.

There are some odd facial animations left over but very minimal. The environments and lighting looks fantastic. It looks better than a lot of current games.

Really? Pretty lazy remasters if you ask me. Slightly better textures which they used AI upscaling to do.

Just played the Mafia remaster, now that's a proper remaster - at least visually.

Duchess

Looking toward to Mass Effect 4.

Or would it be 5? The last game was numbered, so they could call it 4. I imagine they'll save 5, though, just to avoid confusion.

nowhat

Really? Pretty lazy remasters if you ask me. Slightly better textures which they used AI upscaling to do.
Yeah, especially with the first game. As none of the geometry of the models was updated, everyone seems to be wearing wetsuits.

Dr.Morris79

EA has been turning it around recently.

Excited for new ME and DA.
I wouldnt get too excited about 'new' stuff. The reason the remasters are great is because they already existed and were made by past creators.

Now look at modern entertainment written by people now. It's not even close.

There are a hell of a lot more 'boxes' to tick now before being creative. It's even being crammed INTO remakes, look at Resident evil 4 with Ada. Dont you dare have a white woman do the voice anymore, thats evil, instead have a worse actor because 'reasons, racist!'. And lets not forget Dead Space and it's inclusion :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Creativity is dead.

But i'm sure they'll be great. I loved the new Saints Row.

begotten

I wouldnt get too excited about 'new' stuff. The reason the remasters are great is because they already existed and were made by past creators.

Dead Space Remake was fantastic and Jedi Survivor has really glowing previews, coupled with the changes to their multiplayer and liveservice goals - I think we're in a era of them finally putting the resources and care they should have been this whole time into quality single player games.

Easily excited for ME4 & DA Dreadwolf.

Dr.Morris79

Dead Space Remake was fantastic and Jedi Survivor has really glowing previews, coupled with the changes to their multiplayer and liveservice goals - I think we're in a era of them finally putting the resources and care they should have been this whole time into quality single player games.

Easily excited for ME4 & DA Dreadwolf.
I truely hope so, believe me. I'm hoping Jedi survivor has a bit more guts to it than poncho finding as I did enjoy the 1st (Apart from the jedi snowbording sections)

As for Mass Effect and DA, the jury is still out on them. The last two games were.. different, but not in any good way. We can only hope.

RavageX

Just played the Mafia remaster, now that's a proper remaster - at least visually.
Mafia was done VERY well, but some of the gameplay.....

On a different note, with Dragons Age i dont understand the dislike for inquisition. Played the complete edition a long while back and enjoyed it. Some of the writing felt odd but 2 was something terrible in just about every way and was the worst of the 3 games.

jonnyp

Mafia was done VERY well, but some of the gameplay.....

On a different note, with Dragons Age i dont understand the dislike for inquisition. Played the complete edition a long while back and enjoyed it. Some of the writing felt odd but 2 was something terrible in just about every way and was the worst of the 3 games.

Yeah, the gunplay was especially bad. They could've bothered to update that a bit.

SCB3

Considering that it belongs to EA, I was surprised how much effort went into the remastering of the whole trilogy and released in one package and not individually.
In EA's defence they really don't do a lot of Remakes/Remasters, which is a surprise to me and the ones I have played (ME, Burnout and Dead Space) were all really good

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

But Mafia destroyed Tommy as a character. He is a gruffy gangster from the get go which destroys the whole story.
Music and shooting kinda sucks too. but its a good game overall

Skifi28

I think they could have been a little more ambitious, but what they did improve was quite decent. I suppose 3 games in one didn't help.

jonnyp

But Mafia destroyed Tommy as a character. He is a gruffy gangster from the get go which destroys the whole story.
Music and shooting kinda sucks too. but its a good game overall

I kinda liked the story that way but agree on the shooting, don't know why they didn't make that better and more fun.

Umbasaborne

Banned
EA has been turning it around recently.

Excited for new ME and DA.
Yep, im genuinley more excited about their output now than i have been in a decade. Me legendary is an excellent conversion, the dead space remake was fantastic and jedi survivor looks to be another win. Im even excited about pga tour. Seems like andrew wilson had a change of heart regarding single player games, and its worked out great so far

RAIDEN1

I've got the original trilogy for the 360, so for this collection I decided to get it for the PS4 Pro instead....Part 3 is on my pending list to start for only my 2nd ever playthrough of it....(rarely do I go through a game again...but the Mass Effect series is the exception!) and to consider this will be all we have for a good while yet...I'll be surprised if we get the next installment by 2025

Top Bottom