• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Massive" Announcement - BioWare MMO Starwars: The Old Republic

Haunted

SPEA said:
biowareinvitationheader.jpg

biowareinvitation2header.jpg
AGAINST

Snaku

Banned
Kagari said:
D:

Sad part is, I'd probably play it too.

I just have a feeling that Bioware isn't going to go the traditional MMO route. I don't see this being a crappy WoW clone with KotOR elements thrown in. A story and character development heavy MMO is just what the genre needs, and I hope Bioware has the vision and balls to make it work.

Snaku

Banned
Mama Robotnik said:
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/mappster106/ktoormmp.gif[img][/QUOTE]

I hope if this turns out to be KotOR 3, you'll do the alternate scene where he hugs him. :D

As much as the idea of a KOTOR MMO sickens me, the thought of a website shamelessy hyping the announcement that we already know is coming makes me want to genuinely gag.

Drive up those hits boys.

Merguson

Banned
It just seems to me that it actually might be KOTOR 3, since that has been rumored for a while. We'll find out tomorrow.

Vark

Merguson said:
It just seems to me that it actually might be KOTOR 3, since that has been rumored for a while. We'll find out tomorrow.

Being made by a bunch of MMO guys in Austin?

If it was a Single player game then it'd have to be from the Canadian studio.

Austin studio = MMO

Cheech

Sho_Nuff82 said:
As much as the idea of a KOTOR MMO sickens me, the thought of a website shamelessy hyping the announcement that we already know is coming makes me want to genuinely gag.

Drive up those hits boys.

HK-47: "Query: Would you rather be caught with contraband that is 'very' illegal, or just a little illegal?"
Revan: "What's the difference?"
HK-47: "About twenty years, master."

phez

Banned
Cheech said:
HK-47: "Query: Would you rather be caught with contraband that is 'very' illegal, or just a little illegal?"

oshit,
spoilers

As Bioware has the golden touch, and Lucasarts learned some painful lessons with SWG, I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt and not shit all over the game before a single screen is even released simply because it's an MMO.

Let's see what they're cooking up first.

I really dislike MMO games, so I am not excited for this at all. It really sucks that they had to get my hopes up by throwing the KOTOR brand name on this game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Cheech said:

*nods head*

Top Bottom