• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Massive" Announcement - BioWare MMO Starwars: The Old Republic

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
[MOD POWER ABUSE]

ARTICLE

bioware-mmo-project-untitled-20081021113734269.jpg

[/MOD POWER ABUSE]

From VideoGaming 247

That’s right, pop stars. We still can’t tell you what we’re in San Francisco to see - on pain of death - but tomorrow at 2.00pm PST point your browsers at VG247 for an internet-snapping announcement.

What we can tell you is that you’re going to get screenshots, artwork and full details on a brand new game. That’s your lot.

As well as the announcement assets, we’ll be live-blogging what promises to be a US press conference on an unprecedented scale. The publisher in question has shipped in more than 250 American press, as well as journalists from Europe, to see… “it”.

The conference will last one hour.

So. That’s 2.00pm PST, 10.00pm BST and 11.00pm CET. If you want to know first, you know where to be.

Sorry if old. Any ideas?

FrankT

Bioshock 2. Team ICO? Uncharted 2? Err who knows, but there are few guesses. Actually could be something bigger.

RBH

Hooray for the GAF hype train.

These types of threads are always entertaining in one way or another. :)

bryehn

250 press? Must be sumfin' big. 2 PM Pacific is a tad late, but I'll ride the hype (and ultimately disappointment) train with y'all.

Zophar

Nintendo of America is in San Fran right? Could be Zelda. I can't think of much that could be considered "massive".

edit: I'm a moron, they're in WA

DuckRacer

When's the KotOR MMO supposed to be announced? I'm calling a LucasArts conference: the BioWare MMO, Battlefront 3, and the new Indiana Jones games.

FrankT

Duck said:
When's the KotOR MMO supposed to be announced? I'm calling a LucasArts conference: the BioWare MMO, Battlefront 3, and the new Indiana Jones games.

Oh yea that is right it is supposed to be tomorrow isn't it?

Haunted

Which devs are in San Francisco?

:lol @ all the Japanese games mentioned in here. US event in San Francisco = not a game made by a Japanese company.

Zophar said:
Nintendo of America is in San Fran right? Could be Zelda. I can't think of much that could be considered "massive".

That's just what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure they moved their PR ofices to San Fran but at the same time I also pretty sure they would have shown something like Zelda at their event earlier this month.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Tiduz said:
popstars....

rockband pop edition.

I think that'd be a good idea. A friend's daughter really liked Rock Band and was gonna get it for Wii, but didn't know any of the songs. Sale -1!

If we're thinking of publishers at the location, EA are there and they've got a few secret projects in development at the Redwood Shores place that haven't been announced yet.

I should say I don't know what it is, just putting it forward...

reminder

Duck said:

Yep, this'll be the announcement imo.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
We should see which companies are actually located in SF.

edit: FACTOR 5 AND SECRET LEVEL'S NEXT GAME!

Top Bottom