• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt Booty and Phil Spencer talk about bolstering first party

Tomeru

When you want someone to match your opinion and call it honesty instead.

What are you talking about? I dont want you to match my opinion. I am just wandering why you answer every console war post with console war post? You know it doesnt change anything, yet you do it every time. You can post xbox news without making passive agressive posts whenever someone attacks xbox. Instead of ignoring those posts you're just making yourself known as the ones you attack/defend against. And for what? For absolutely nothing.

Making the occasional sarcastic/joke post is one thing, but vehemently defending everything xbox is, frankly, beneath you.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
What are you talking about? I dont want you to match my opinion. I am just wandering why you answer every console war post with console war post? You know it doesnt change anything, yet you do it every time. You can post xbox news without making passive agressive posts whenever someone attacks xbox. Instead of ignoring those posts you're just making yourself known as the ones you attack/defend against. And for what? For absolutely nothing.

Making the occasional sarcastic/joke post is one thing, but vehemently defending everything xbox is, frankly, beneath you.
Talking about Xbox in a xbox thread is not console wars buddy.

Aion002

But I also think as we continue to evolve our platform, having a first-party studio voice at the table that is from Asia, whether it’s Japan or another market, would be a good add for us.”

How many years he is saying the same thing?

Do it already!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Is this a joke ? So, far Halo Infinite, Hellblade II, Flight Simulator, Project Mara, Everwild, Medium and Scorn(before the actual reveal event), and only one of them is shooter. The shooter tag does not even apply much to the Xbox One generation but mostly at the Xbox 360.

You missed The Ascent which is a twin stick shooter action RPG set in a Cyberpunk universe. And it's all before Fable, Obsidian's next gen AAA RPG and InXile's next gen AAA RPG. Plus, while not official, I wouldn't be surprised if Bright Memory Infinite ends up being an Xbox Series X exclusive or at least a one year timed exclusive.

Its gonna get worst after price and game announcements. If they hate xbox discussion in xbox threads, they better get used to it

Agreed. Imagine if/when Spencer announces Xbox Series X at $400 while PlayStation 5 is $500?

Consoles don't really do too well in Japan anymore.

Yeah, I don't believe that Sega rumor at all. 95% of Japan is a mobile/handheld market. XCloud will be far more successful there than any Xbox console will ever be even with Sega's name on it. As for Sega, im expecting the announcement to be related to Nintendo and be some sort of multi-game exclusivity deal.

Bernkastel

You missed The Ascent which is a twin stick shooter action RPG set in a Cyberpunk universe. And it's all before Fable, Obsidian's next gen AAA RPG and InXile's next gen AAA RPG. Plus, while not official, I wouldn't be surprised if Bright Memory Infinite ends up being an Xbox Series X exclusive or at least a one year timed exclusive.
I dont believe InXile project will be revealed on July event(or Compulsion for that matter). Bright Memory Infinite is planned for PS5.
Agreed. Imagine if/when Spencer announces Xbox Series X at $400 while PlayStation 5 is $500?
499 is minimum.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I dont believe InXile project will be revealed on July event(or Compulsion for that matter). Bright Memory Infinite is planned for PS5.

499 is minimum.

I'm not expecting InXile's project either but it will be an AAA RPG (as opposed to a shooter). As for Bright Memory Infinite, the Steam demo was a prototype of what the game was going to be in an episodic format. It's no longer episodic and that Steam demo won't be in the full final game. Bright Memory was basically a playable demo in which Zeng Xiancheng wanted feedback in order to improve the game. He then decided to make it a full game instead of going in an episodic direction. That article is over a year old and simply doesn't apply anymore. Zeng is 23, been working in gaming with his specialty being environments since 14 and Bright Memory Infinite has been in development for over five years. The Xbox Series X version is said to be 4K, 60FPS and feature Ray Tracing. While PS5 version is still possible, im not expecting it to be released for current gen hardware. I still also believe that Microsoft paying for it to be a full Xbox Series X console exclusive is still a possibility.

As for the price, im fully expecting $500 as well but if Spencer/Microsoft really wants to make an impact, they would release it at $400 while holding onto Series S until 2022 so they clear out Xbox One completely and then release that for $200. At $500, Series X is one hell of a value but at $400, it's literally a steal that no gamer would be able to ignore. Plus, with Sony already confirming that they will have less units available by March 31st, 2021 then what they had for PS4, Xbox Series X can get off to an amazing start right out of the gate.

Bernkastel

I'm not expecting InXile's project either but it will be an AAA RPG (as opposed to a shooter). As for Bright Memory Infinite, the Steam demo was a prototype of what the game was going to be in an episodic format. It's no longer episodic and that Steam demo won't be in the full final game. Bright Memory was basically a playable demo in which Zeng Xiancheng wanted feedback in order to improve the game. He then decided to make it a full game instead of going in an episodic direction. That article is over a year old and simply doesn't apply anymore. Zeng is 23, been working in gaming with his specialty being environments since 14 and Bright Memory Infinite has been in development for over five years. The Xbox Series X version is said to be 4K, 60FPS and feature Ray Tracing. While PS5 version is still possible, im not expecting it to be released for current gen hardware. I still also believe that Microsoft paying for it to be a full Xbox Series X console exclusive is still a possibility.

As for the price, im fully expecting $500 as well but if Spencer/Microsoft really wants to make an impact, they would release it at $400 while holding onto Series S until 2022 so they clear out Xbox One completely and then release that for $200. At $500, Series X is one hell of a value but at $400, it's literally a steal that no gamer would be able to ignore. Plus, with Sony already confirming that they will have less units available by March 31st, 2021 then what they had for PS4, Xbox Series X can get off to an amazing start right out of the gate.
The article is about Bright Memory Infinite. He also plans to release it on mobile.
XSX would never release below 499.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
The article is about Bright Memory Infinite. He also plans to release it on mobile.
XSX would never release below 499.

I know the article is about BMI but it's simply outdated and majority no longer applies. It was all before he decided to port the game to next gen consoles. As for the mobile version, it was only for that free demo to help with funding. He says it on his twitter account.

Like the saying goes, never say never. :)

Bernkastel

Its gonna get worst after price and game announcements. If they hate xbox discussion in xbox threads, they better get used to it
True. The first page is full of bait posts and he calls me out on console warring for replying to them.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Going to predict that at least one of the studios MS bought will be shut down during the up coming cycle.
I keep this just for people like you
You mean like all of those Sony studios that were closed and faded out of existence.
989 Studios (closed in 2005)
Bigbig Studios(closed in 2012)
Contrail(closed in 2000)
Evolution Studios(closed in 2016)
Incognito Entertainment(closed in 2009)
Studio Liverpool(closed in 2012)
Zipper Interactive(closed in 2012)
Guerrilla Cambridge(closed in 2017)
Team Ico(closed in 2011)
Manchester Studio(closed in 2020)

I keep this just for people like you
Well I was just speaking in terms of MS. I fully know all the studios Sony has closed. So no need to be pedantic on your end with regards to this subject. Especially considering my post is nothing more than a prediction which can just as well not even happen.

I suppose I could have also said that Sony could as well close a studio or two, but the thread is about MS firstly and I posted as such.

Top Bottom