• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 Design and Tech video on Bullet Time - OUT NAO

It's subtle but it is definitely still there. I actually noticed it on the back of one of the suits in one of the recent vids.
Possible, but when I see those enemies falling down and their pants are wrinkled one particular way and stay that way no matter how the body is falling, it looks incredibly distracting and definitely not next gen.

Aguirre

Possible, but when I see those enemies falling down and their pants are wrinkled one particular way and stay that way no matter how the body is falling, it looks incredibly distracting and definitely not next gen.

i know what you mean, enemies hair dont even have a seperate proprietary physics engine to simulate windswept hair and stuff

If one of your main selling points is this super awesome slow motion kill cam and bullet time that lets you see everything up close and personal, then yes, stuff like that just looks stupid. The pants don't even look this gen... It's ridiculous really. Mafia 2 did some good stuff with clothing, I don't see why it can't be expected of this game.
Well no shit, this is releasing on current gen consoles.
And PC I would hope.

Simo

Max Payne 3 |OT| I was in a computer game. Funny as Hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

Or an appropiate abbreviation of these sentences.

Funny because I think NotTheGuyYouKill settled on something similar but it was Max Payne 3 |OT| I was in a Rockstar game. Funny as Hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

Here, have another compilation GIF.

max_payne_3_official_sojb2.gif

Awesome stuff!

The OT title I came up with back in... December? was 'Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, I was in a Rockstar game'. A bit truncated, perhaps I should use Simo's longer one.

Edit: Actually early February

http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=34790249&postcount=317

Man, if I put in Urban Rats' idea about the GTA V info in the thread title, I would shoot somebody, I hate those GTA V nuts so much.

But if you guys prefer a different title, just make suggestions and vote on it. We'll use whatever title you guys like best.

Some of the GTA V "fans" are so retarded. This one guy was swearing at the R* Newswire people, and then...

LulzAllDay 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
Cowardly deleting my message, huh? "Abusive behavior"? All I stated were fact's. I guess the truth hurt's, ey? I'm long time fan's of you guy's, believe me - but when you guy's delete my comment for speaking my mind... well that's just not right to me.

@LulzAllDay Coming here and swearing at us and making demands is indeed abusive behavior. Anyone behaving like that will have commenting privileges suspended.

LulzAllDay 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
Like I said, I was not trying to come off as rude. I really am huge fan's of you guy's, but I hate your marketing scheme... it just make's us feel as if we're not important. I know you guy's are pushing MP3 right now, and that only make's sense - but can't you also just give us a little V info? That's all we ask for.

I apologize for swearing and if that is deemed not acceptable here, but I am in no way trying to demand anything - I'd just like answer's to why you do what you do.

@LulzAllDay The rules are pretty clear here. Expressing your opinion, whatever it may be, is fine if you do so respectfully and on-topic to the Newswire story. In this comments thread, your behavior is neither of those things. We’re not interested in debating this further with you, so drop the subject or your privileges will be suspended. But one thing you – and anyone else – need to be absolutely clear on however – is there is no ‘marketing scheme’ at work here. We’ve said this explicitly before: when we’re ready to show and tell more about GTAV we will do so. For now, please be patient. Thank you.

It's worse at the Facebook page where like 75% of people keep going like "Who fucking cares about Max Payne, he's retarded, we want GTA V" over and over and over and over again. This is Rockstar... they're not gonna do shit cause you swear at them in comments or whine over and over again.

I hate those twats. With every fiber of my being.

Simo

The OT title I came up with back in... December? was 'Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, I was in a Rockstar game'. A bit truncated, perhaps I should use Simo's longer one.

Edit: Actually early February

http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=34790249&postcount=317

Man, if I put in Urban Rats' idea about the GTA V info in the thread title, I would shoot somebody, I hate those GTA V nuts so much.

But if you guys prefer a different title, just make suggestions and vote on it. We'll use whatever title you guys like best.

My vote goes for Max Payne 3 |OT| I was in a Rockstar game. Funny as Hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of. Even more fitting after the comedy gold of the GI thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366078&highlight=max+payne+3

Some of the GTA V "fans" are so retarded. This one guy was swearing at the R* Newswire people, and then...

It's worse at the Facebook page where like 75% of people keep going like "Who fucking cares about Max Payne, he's retarded, we want GTA V" over and over and over and over again. This is Rockstar... they're not gonna do shit cause you swear at them in comments or whine over and over again.

I hate those twats. With every fiber of my being.

Fuck, I know right? Since Max Payne 2 Rockstar has delivered Bully, Table Tennis, GTAIV, The Lost & The Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony, Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare and published L.A Noire and yet they've spent only the last 7 months actively talking about and promoting Max Payne 3 and fucktards shit up the comments and Facebook page.

It was pretty funny to see *R lay it down on that guy you posted and quick he changed his tune.

Gav47

There's no stoppin' the cretins from hoppin.

Fjordson

Oh man, those guys desperate for GTA V are so annoying.

In the story on the newswire for the new commercial, the R* guy actually told someone to "stop trolling". The dude had gone on some long diatribe about how Rockstar only cares about Max Payne fans and has abandoned Grand Theft Auto. Lmao. And of course his avatar was the GTA V logo.

I really wonder why R* didn't just wait until the summer to release that trailer. Really makes me wonder if it actually is coming out this year...

Not that I'm too concerned about it yet. MP 3 has my attention for now.

In the story on the newswire for the new commercial, the R* guy actually told someone to "stop trolling". The dude had gone on some long diatribe about how Rockstar only cares about Max Payne fans and has abandoned Grand Theft Auto. Lmao. And of course his avatar was the GTA V logo.

I really wonder why R* didn't just wait until the summer to release that trailer. Really makes me wonder if it actually is coming out this year...

That is funny and pathetic. R* is not going to abandon it's GTA fanbase. This guy seems to forget that R* makes other games too.

Simo

I wished they had just waited for Max Payne 3 to be released before they posted the trailer so all that shit wouldn't have started but maybe they had to appease Take Two stockholders or whatever. It's not like you need to say much about GTAV anyway as the brand is strong enough to sell millions just with those 4 letters.

Awesome week incoming though for Max Payne 3 news. According to Rockstar, on the official site tomorrow PC specs will be revealed along with new PC screenshots, more details on the original soundtrack, the Classic Multiplayer pack in the Special Edition will be detailed and if you like the cover art it should be available for desktops and as a full size poster available in Rockstar's Warehouse.

Also keep an eye on the PayneKillers website as they got invited to play Max Payne 3 over the weekend and will be posting their impressions tomorrow or Tuesday.

GAF may be getting an exclusive PC screenshot too...=)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

KuGsj.gif
We haven't had a Max Payne game in 9 years. How many GTA games have come out in that time period? Anyone who's that incredibly desperate for GTA news is one of those annoying people that only play GTA, Madden, and CoD. For them it feels like forever between GTA releases since those aren't every year.

Jesus. There have been like a dozen GTA games released since Max Payne 2 was released, and all of a sudden they abandoned GTA for Max Payne.

Those people are moronic. I wonder how the R* guys stay sane having to deal with them. I feel bad for the dude who probably has to filter through all the mouthoff@rockstar e-mails from fans screaming about GTA V.

If you guys can think of something more brilliant then

Max Payne 3 |OT| I was in a Rockstar game. Funny as Hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

I'm game. But man, that works on so many levels.

Sethos

Banned
If you guys can think of something more brilliant then

Max Payne 3 |OT| I was in a Rockstar game. Funny as Hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

I'm game. But man, that works on so many levels.

It works indeed but it sounds like something a hater would say :p

It works indeed but it sounds like something a hater would say :p

It's called being ironic, duh.

You know, cause I'm a hipster now. That's the way to a girl's heart. Max agrees with me.

hipstermaxb4z9z.jpg

"I did Valkyr. Before it was mainstream."

"I listened to HEALTH before Rockstar hired them."

"I had a meeting with the Inner Circle. You've probably never heard of them."

"I don't have bad taste. This tie is vintage. You wouldn't get it."

"Where's my Beretta? Those are so 2003."

"Rio? Pft, you would go there."

Fjordson

I wished they had just waited for Max Payne 3 to be released before they posted the trailer so all that shit wouldn't have started but maybe they had to appease Take Two stockholders or whatever. It's not like you need to say much about GTAV anyway as the brand is strong enough to sell millions just with those 4 letters.
That's a good point regarding Take-Two's shareholders. Hadn't thought of that. Seeing as I'm somewhat of a R* fanboy, I've spent way too much time analyzing why R* decided to put the trailer out as early as they did with zero follow up information and Max Payne 3 hot on its heels. This is probably just wishful thinking, but if it was their choice alone, it almost feels like support for a 2012 release. But who knows.

JThose people are moronic. I wonder how the R* guys stay sane having to deal with them. I feel bad for the dude who probably has to filter through all the mouthoff@rockstar e-mails from fans screaming about GTA V.
Haha, seriously, the comments turn into a mess at times. Same goes for their MP 3 material on their YouTube channel. And don't even think about trying to read the comments for the actual GTA trailer...people are losing their minds out there.

I imagine R* North is somewhat encouraged. "Look at all this madness! The fans are dying for this game already!" while the poor guys on the community team are annoyed, having to fend off angry e-mobs daily. I don't know how many people they have handling that stuff, but whoever it is seems pissed off and is starting to lay the smack down on the crazier ones. Loved the "stop trolling" comment. The guy even apologized profusely after, hat in hand, because they threatened to ban him :lol

Mington

Not to be a troll or anything but

I watched the latest max panye 3 video this morning, the bullet time one. It looks so smooth and buttery, just got me thinking about how horrendous and an utter chore the uncharted 3 controls were, fuck that game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Not to be a troll or anything but

I watched the latest max panye 3 video this morning, the bullet time one. It looks so smooth and buttery, just got me thinking about how horrendous and an utter chore the uncharted 3 controls were, fuck that game.

I had zero problem with UC3's controls.

Mington

I had zero problem with UC3's controls.
I've been shooting people in the face on consoles for the best part of 15 years, and obviously all these games control slightly differently and it can take a couple of hours to get accustomed to the handling and what not. But i was fighting the controls all the way till the end, the cross hair just wouldn't move diagonally.

I suppose my point is, i really hope this controls well

I was watching a video on youtube about the gameplay mechanics and I can just tell that it's going to make third-person shooters who don't have these innovations seem obsolete. It really struck me as the next logical step for the third-person genre, the kind of thing that all games are going to have to start using.

UrbanRats

I've been shooting people in the face on consoles for the best part of 15 years, and obviously all these games control slightly differently and it can take a couple of hours to get accustomed to the handling and what not. But i was fighting the controls all the way till the end, the cross hair just wouldn't move diagonally.

UC3 before the patch was a nightmare; after the patch was alright (still liked 2 more).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Pre-patch Uncharted 3 controls were dreadful. I don't even want to know what happened there, after the nice Uncharted 2 controls. Good stuff that they fixed it though.

kaskade

They seem to be stressing this it has the precision of a FPS in a third person game. So I'm guessing it'll control pretty well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My attempt for the thread title, if it isn't too long

Max Payne 3 |OT| I hadn't been in a game for 9 years. Funny as Hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

"Max Payne 3 |OT| Spend less time thinking about the title of this thread, as it's essentially irrelevant and what we'll be discussing for 99% of the time is how good this game is. In fact, it almost makes the last few days of discussion on this very topic seem utterly pointless. Makes you think, doesn't it?"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
"Max Payne 3 |OT| Spend less time thinking about the title of this thread, as it's essentially irrelevant and what we'll be discussing for 99% of the time is how good this game is. In fact, it almost makes the last few days of discussion on this very topic seem utterly pointless. Makes you think, doesn't it?"
blahblah...blah

We're just having some prerelease fun. Relax.

deanrollingeyesoojc6.gif

Top Bottom