• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MaXXXine | First Trailer | In theaters September 16th

YCoCg

Final part of the X Trilogy is finally coming out with this one following the style of an 80s slasher, good cast too going off the trailer.

Edit: it's out July 5th in the US, hope the September date isn't the UK one 😬

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
I enjoyed X, still haven’t watched Pearl yet. I’ll watch this eventually. I take it this is a direct sequel to X?

YCoCg

I enjoyed X, still haven’t watched Pearl yet. I’ll watch this eventually. I take it this is a direct sequel to X?
Timeline wise yeah, this takes place 6 years after X, set in 1985. Pearl is a prequel filling in the backstory of the woman and man who owned the farm in X.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Excellent news. The X / Pearl double bill was one of the best things to come out of horror in recent years. Ti West really knows what he's doing and he's clearly got an amazing chemistry with Mia Goth.

I thought X was a subpar slasher with a lazy 70’s filter. People overrate it because the hornyness of it. I found the whole thing to be mean spirited with a couple fun scenes. Maybe I’ll watch pearl I hear it’s better.

Toots

Gold Member
I wish this was the conclusion of the XXX franchise and the agent this time was this browless zoomer who would not care to do anything since the world is beyond saving anyway.

Forsythia

I do not get the hype for X, it was fine at best. Pearl was much better. Hoping the trend continues with this one.

Top Bottom