• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Saying Cena wasn't on the show really isn't a viable excuse as they never announced he wasn't there so people would have kept watching anyway to see him show up. People are just not interested in the Big Show vs Cena feud and general lack of enthusiasm for Raw as a whole. Raw viewership was down a large amount last week with Cena on the show almost an entire hour. Just the rating didn't really change as tv viewership was down as a whole. Say what you want about Brock and it might have taken a couple of weeks for it to happen, but he did cause ratings to go up to a 3.3 for the show before Extreme Rules and after Extreme Rules. They'll have HHH on the show again next week to try and pop a rating.

DKehoe

Typical Davie Richards. Even his retirement plan goes too long and has so many spots the audience is numb to it all.

If his retirements get more and more realistic then people are going to start caring at some point, right?

I like how I used the plural of the word retirement here. I will probably only ever need to do that in relation to wrestling

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Why the laughter at RAW doing a 2.7? Vince sees RAW posted horrible ratings this week. Vince sees John Cena wasn't on the show this week. Vince will see RAW ratings rebound next week. Vince will see John Cena on RAW next week.

It's the worst possible scenario.
The best news would be if the Punk/Bryan match did great, ratings wise.

Also, the show started with a Big Show promo, what did they expect? Lol.

DMczaf

w2jFP.jpg

The mic was also let go.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
See that, the Memorial Day RAW that our hero John Cena didn't show up, and it's the lowest rating EVER.

You can't argue facts, people.

G-Fex

Oh hey man that's great, can't wa-----

Hey yo.

FWtpe.gif

You thought I gave a damn about your virtual wrestling organization, chico? Think again. My allegiance has and always will lie with the MMA-GAF red and black.

5S5Gw.gif

You'll never see me degrade myself by participating in your virtual fun again. We're taking over, and there's not a damn thing you smarks can do about it.

w99sol.gif

1YrYJ.jpg

TOO LATE HEEL I WAS ONTO YOU FROM DAY ONE.

twas the best part, I played you like a damn fiddle, even better when you thought you were playing me.

Now I'll have even more incentive when my E-fed wrasslers completely bury your MMA division and send you back to oblivion, bloodied noses, califlowered ears and broken ACL's and all.

And the best part, I AM legit interested in MMA so therefore I've not only infiltrated you guys, YOULL NEVER GET RID OF ME. Dream and Chamber and Capt in the thread will have no choice but to deal with me!

This isn't the end Heel, the REAL Game has just begun.

AlG1ul.jpg

I wish people would throw their drinks and beer cups and whatever trash.

And throw it at those kids and their mom and dad.

Too bad they don't throw stuff anymore.

I was watching the Best of WCW Monday Nitro on Netflix the other morning and forgot how they basically happened almost every NWO segment. It's glorious watching Kevin Nash walk out and get pelted with a cup of beer immediately walking to the ring.

G-Fex

I was watching the Best of WCW Monday Nitro on Netflix the other morning and forgot how they basically happened almost every NWO segment. It's glorious watching Kevin Nash walk out and get pelted with a cup of beer immediately walking to the ring.

Heh, yeah, tons of junk was always thrown.

Oh man, I take a nap and wake up to 2.7 Raw rating and Orton suspension news :eek:

Meltzer was talking the other night how he thinks they were setting up Ziggler to face Orton with Jericho out... wonder that match'll be now :p if anything

It was a glorious WCW tradition (lol tradition bites).

Pelting the ring with whatever you can find, 10 points if you nail Scott Norton or Syxx with a cup of liquid.

Fans actually caring enough about what the bad guys were doing to be angry.

Then omg Sting from the top, omg popcorn flying in excitement everywhere.

Those were the days. :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
In less than a week, Brock Lesnar re-signed with UFC, they lost Chris Jericho, and they lost Randy Orton.

That's gotta be some kind of record.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
In less than a week, Brock Lesnar re-signed with UFC, they lost Chris Jericho, and they lost Randy Orton.

That's gotta be some kind of record.
Actually, regarding UFC 146:
Yet another big story from the show didn’t involve a participant on the show. Lesnar, with a purpose that perhaps only he really knows, texted Dana White about ten days before the show, asking him if could come, and schedule a meeting to talk potentially about returning.

White said Lesnar wanted to keep his attending a secret, so he never spoke about it. The day before the show, we had heard rumors that feelers had been sent by the Lesnar camp about returning, and questioning what that meant about his WWE relationship. Lesnar didn’t show up until right before the main event started. He was shown on camera, and had Mir actually won the title, we perhaps would have seen even more.

At the post-fight press conference, White explained the details of Lesnar coming, said they were going to have a meeting later that night. He expressed interest in Lesnar returning, posing the question as to whether Lesnar, who turns 35 in July, could still be a top five heavyweight. He reversed a previous position, saying he was open to using Lesnar even though Lesnar was under contract with the WWE at the same time. White had nixed Lesnar appearing at WrestleMania in 2011, saying he felt it would confuse the audience. He said he believes the audience is smart enough to know the difference between pro wrestling and UFC.

Lesnar’s deal with WWE specifies exclusivity during the year duration, so Vince McMahon would have to approve him doing UFC. Keep in mind Lesnar had a similar deal in UFC in 2010, but still negotiated with McMahon for The Undertaker angle for the 2011 WrestleMania, shooting the first part of it the angle without White agreeing to let him do the match, and the match didn’t happen that year.

At this point one would think that would be the last thing McMahon would want was to risk a planned WrestleMania headliner beating beaten up badly in a real fight while under contract, let alone risking injury. The only exception to that rule would be if McMahon had already soured on Lesnar due to the Extreme Rules numbers and was trying to get out of the deal, but there is no indication that’s the case. While Lesnar could likely draw another big number on PPV, or FOX, he is used to making millions, and he’d have to be able to perform at the top tier level to be able to drive the kind of revenue to earn the money he’s done in the past. But perhaps a comeback fight would be a big deal, as MMA fans are very forgiving of losses, and Chuck Liddell drew big after a string of a lot more knockout losses than Lesnar had.

It appears from the outside this was simply a publicity stunt by Lesnar, that had nothing to do with either McMahon or White, as White, all smiles when talking about Lesnar right before the meeting, indicated the next day that negotiations did not go well.

Perhaps Lesnar was trying to send a message to McMahon that he has options the rest of McMahon’s wrestlers don’t. Perhaps he was just trying to get some mainstream publicity to sell his angle that he’s fired from WWE and having news that he’s negotiating for a UFC return sells that storyline. Clearly, if McMahon was in on it, he’d have acknowledged what happened on his web site and his television show. He did neither. In fact, Lesnar’s name was never spoken on the 5/28 Raw. White isn’t going to put over a publicity stunt by Lesnar to take one iota of media attention away from Dos Santos and Velasquez unless he thought at that moment that he had a good shot at bringing Lesnar back.

From what we’ve been able to find out, McMahon was not behind this, and White had nothing to gain from putting over a McMahon angle. Lesnar, who doesn’t travel anywhere for business unless there is a good reason, obviously had a game plan in mind. And it may not be about now, but may be about April 2013, when his WWE deal expires.

Top Bottom