• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

It is his last G1 it would be nice if they gave him something. Dame with tenzan in last year's G1

Meh... he's in a stacked group with worldclass talent... and Taichi.

Don't need a 50 year old man running wild in BoSJ

He's lost to Ospreay, Scurll, Takahashi and yeah ok Taka.

At most maybe he could have beaten Taka and maybe he should beat Taichi but the rest of his Block is so stacked that to put him over them is nosense.

WWE's joshi raid knows no bounds. William Regal was in Japan today talking to Sareee (very good young prospect) and Arisa Nakajima (really great established star).

Both would be great additions, but they aren't slowing down on talent acquisition.

Foggy

Retiring wrestlers always lose their final matches so it makes sense that Liger would hold his own but fall short. If he goes over, why bother retiring? But I can see them giving him a hero moment like spoiling Taichi from winning the block or something.

WWE's joshi raid knows no bounds. William Regal was in Japan today talking to Sareee (very good young prospect) and Arisa Nakajima (really great established star).

Both would be great additions, but they aren't slowing down on talent acquisition.

Oof, brutal. They've been villainous enough, but permanently breaking up Best Friends? RIP

Breaking News: WWE signs everyone! (and people are happy about it, for some reason). Elsewhere, with no competition and a few million nerds locked in for $10 a month no-matter-what, product continues to be trash - wrestling fans scratch their heads in puzzlement.

miserable

ziggy25s55.png

Breaking News: WWE signs everyone! (and people are happy about it, for some reason). Elsewhere, with no competition and a few million nerds locked in for $10 a month no-matter-what, product continues to be trash - wrestling fans scratch their heads in puzzlement.

Some people only make time to watch WWE/NXT, so they are happy that they can see more talented people that have buzz.

I think that mindset is dumb, but that's the mindset. That's the reason.

Beefy

We can't stop them man.

Slizz

Pay $10 a month to enjoy the talent during their come-up in NXT then crash and burn on main roster. At least you get something

Foggy

The people dig it enough with Billie Kay and Peyton, so I'm not sure they're any wiser to better talent. They just accept what they're given. Not that I believe the Sareee and Nakajima stuff is leading straight to a signing(Nakajima signed with Seadlinnng at the beginning of the year, no idea how ironclad it is). It's probably just networking and due diligence.

klonere

Banned
Regal spending another week in Japan jesus fucking christ.

Fuck right off cunts. I've completely purged the fed from my viewing habits for the last ~3 months (and was an extremely casual viewer before that) but when they go and sign everybody whats the fucking point?

Give back Tozawa at least~

The people dig it enough with Billie Kay and Peyton, so I'm not sure they're any wiser to better talent. They just accept what they're given. Not that I believe the Sareee and Nakajima stuff is leading straight to a signing(Nakajima signed with Seadlinnng at the beginning of the year, no idea how ironclad it is). It's probably just networking and due diligence.

Eh, better talent is always a good thing. Just because people like Kay and Royce doesn't mean they wouldn't also enjoy something better even more.

Foggy

Eh, better talent is always a good thing. Just because people like Kay and Royce doesn't mean they wouldn't also enjoy something better even more.

Better talent is not always a good thing in WWE. It's not even a bad thing. Most of the time, it's just more of a thing. You don't even have to look further than the cruiserweights.

Better talent is not always a good thing in WWE. It's not even a bad thing. Most of the time, it's just more of a thing. You don't even have to look further than the cruiserweights.

I would say when you are comparing to NXT girls, then we use NXT as a standard. And in NXT, typically better talent has been a good thing.

WWE yeah, it doesn't matter as much. Still does, just not as often.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NXT girls where they just recently buried Nikki and Ruby with Asuka pinning them in the kind of manner that, had John Cena done it, people would lose their shit

NXT girls where they just recently buried Nikki and Ruby with Asuka pinning them in the kind of manner that, had John Cena done it, people would lose their shit

They are telling a specific story of Asuka and building her up for a fall to get someone else over, so I'm fine with the story along the way. I trust the ending will pay off.

Nothing that Cena does can be compared to that because he's never being built up for anything other than just winning. I have no faith in the main roster storytelling ability that Cena winning like that would ever mean anything other than a burial of the guys he pinned. There's no long-term.

klonere

Banned
All that said, there is something worse than the WWE.

It's Dragon Gate's TV schedule. Possibly the most infuriating company to try and follow in real time.

Yeah that was bullshit... especially after all the work they did building up cross as a threat starting at TakeOver San Antonio

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They are telling a specific story of Asuka and building her up for a fall to get someone else over, so I'm fine with the story along the way. I trust the ending will pay off.

Nothing that Cena does can be compared to that because he's never being built up for anything other than just winning. I have no faith in the main roster storytelling ability that Cena winning like that would ever mean anything other than a burial of the guys he pinned. There's no long-term.

There's no long-term with Asuka either. Ember's not going to be miraculously over for beating her because Asuka has no heat as either a dominant monster or a loveable babyface. And Ember has proven to be a bust in fan reception so far. She has no babyface heat because none of her opponents are built up well because everyone knows she's going to win and she has no heel heat because they reneged on turning her heel. Ember Moon isn't going to gain anything from beating her in the long-term.

And if she did, Asuka goes to the main roster and now you have one person in the NXT division with the rub. Sacrificing your entire womens roster for that ONE person as they did with Asuka. Unlike the Horsewomen where you had 4 really over women who appealed to all kinds of different people. You have one woman who doesn't seem to be as popular as any of those 4.

Yeah that was bullshit... especially after all the work they did building up cross as a threat starting at TakeOver San Antonio

It's just not the time for Cross. She's a heel and they want a babyface to take the title from Asuka. Now I could see the argument that they shouldn't have pinned her, but they want Asuka to be as strong as she possibly can so her loss means the maximum amount. Having her win a triple threat by pinning both opponents is a good way to do that. Makes her look unstoppable.

There's no long-term with Asuka either. Ember's not going to be miraculously over for beating her because Asuka has no heat as either a dominant monster or a loveable babyface. And Ember has proven to be a bust in fan reception so far. She has no babyface heat because none of her opponents are built up well because everyone knows she's going to win and she has no heel heat because they reneged on turning her heel. Ember Moon isn't going to gain anything from beating her in the long-term.

And if she did, Asuka goes to the main roster and now you have one person in the NXT division with the rub. Sacrificing your entire womens roster for that ONE person as they did with Asuka. Unlike the Horsewomen where you had 4 really over women who appealed to all kinds of different people. You have one woman who doesn't seem to be as popular as any of those 4.

You can't watch their WM weekend match and say they have no heat. That's just an outright lie.

Now, while I agree that it's better to get 4 over than 1, it's too late for that. We're already so far down this path that the smart play is to get as much out of that 1 as they possibly can. And that triple threat finish is a way to do that.

Fantomex

*lends a hand.

We don't leave anyone behind.
maybe blue would. But not me!!

Chuckles

I can't believe the NJPW event in Long Beach sold out that fast. But even more so, I can't believe the planning and specifics were so poorly handled. Box office didnt' get any tickets. parking is at the mercy of the surrounding gougers, and there are currently no refunds or cancellations available. Good thing it's airing on TV.

Top Bottom