• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds Australia's Summer Sides Box has Hash Brown Bites w/ Big Mac dipping sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2016/12/mcdonalds-serving-tater-tots-with-big-mac-sauce.html

McDonald's is serving tater tots with Big Mac Special Sauce for dipping as part of a new Summer Sides Box in Australia (where it's currently summer being in the Southern hemisphere and all).

The limited-time shareable snack box includes 18 Hash Brown Bites (AKA tater tots), eight Chicken McNuggets, 12 Chicken McBites, and three sauces, including the Big Mac Special Sauce.

EXNeZ8J.jpg

Chicken McBites were discontinued in the USA so that may have to be replaced with something else. But I think packaging Big Mac Sauce is a no brainer

Poona

Isn't Big Mac sauce just thousand island dressing?

As taken from McDonald's Australia - Main Food Menu: Allergen, Ingredient and Nutrition Information.pdf:

https://mcdonalds.com.au/sites/mcdo...gen, Ingredient and Nutrition Information.pdf

BIG MAC SAUCE: Soybean Oil (Antioxidant (330)), Water, Relish [ Pickles, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Distilled Vinegar, Corn Syrup, Salt, Thickener (415), Preservative (202), Spice Extract, Emulsifier (433)], Mustard [Water, Vinegar,
Mustard Seed, Salt, Sugar, Colours (100, 150d), Spice], Salted Egg Yolks, Distilled Vinegar, Onion, Thickeners (1442, 415, 405), Spices, Sugar, Salt, Hydrolysed Protein (Corn, Gluten, Wheat, Soy), Colours (160c, 150d, 100), Preservative (211),
Emulsifier (433), Garlic, Antioxidant (385).

Meh, it's probably just essence of beef, like with the fries.

McDonald's Australia doesn't do that. This is their ingredients:

Potato, Canola Oil, Mineral Salt (450), Dextrose, Antifoam (1521)

OR

Potatoes, Canola Oil (Antioxidant 307) Dextrose, Mineral Salt (450), Antifoam (Secondary fatty alcohol, ethoxylated and propoxylated.

Note: Fries are cooked in canola oil blend, salt added.

Kritz

Banned
I'm not a massive maccas fan, but being able to get this + a frozen iced coke for $11au is just some real good value.

I've had two of them in the past month. Cheaper than a large burger meal and feels just as "I shouldn't have eaten all of this shit"-y, so it does all you want from a McDonald's meal.

Edit: but fuck the Big Mac sauce lols

XiaNaphryz

It should be noted that Austrailia is one of the few (only?) places that sold Big Mac Sauce by the bottle:

YDeldbB.jpg

Game Guru

It should be noted that Austrailia is one of the few (only?) places that sold Big Mac Sauce by the bottle:

YDeldbB.jpg

Well, that is perhaps the weirdest way to brand a bottle of Thousand Island Dressing.

It is kinda obvious that there is some X-Factor that makes Big Mac Special Sauce different from Thousand Island Dressing for bottles to be sold of Big Mac Special Sauce when a reasonable person could already buy a bottle of Thousand Island Dressing.

When I read the title, the words "Australia" and "bites" made me think the thread was about some kind of dangerous spiders found in a Big Mac.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I saw this the other day but there's no way I could have eaten this all on my own. And the bf doesn't eat maccas. If it's limited edition maybe I'll take the plunge...

hidys

I usually don't eat at Maccas but I will definitely pick up one of these in the next couple of weeks.

YDeldbB.jpg

I have never seen this is this just at Maccas or is it in the supermarket?

EDIT: This is in fact incorrect. It was only a limited time thing that has now expired.

Kyoufu

YDeldbB.jpg

Is Big Mac sauce made out of special spider juice only found in Australia or what? I'd buy the shit out of these if they were available in UK/Europe.

XiaNaphryz

I have never seen this is this just at Maccas or is it in the supermarket?

EDIT: This is in fact incorrect. It was only a limited time thing that has now expired.

I meant that Australia was one of the few places that sold it by the bottle in any capacity.

ordered a double quarter pounder meal last week, got home and realized they gave me a big mac. hadn't had one in years and i took a bite and realized

big mac sauce is god awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom