• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's introducing Sriracha sandwich with Sriracha Mac dipping sauce nationwide

RBH

So I went to McDonald's right now and tried the Sriracha dipping sauce with my fries.

It was actually really good.

Ponn

Banned
Yeah. Their sauce game has improved, but those cunts got rid of the hot mustard!

Again? They did several months ago but brought it back. I haven't been there in a couple weeks though so I don't know about recently but I have gotten extra hot mustard since it came back to stockpile in my fridge. If they pull that shit again I'll be ready.

rhino4evr

Wonder how many people here think sriracha is just the Huy Fong brand and not a generic sauce.

The name "Siracha" was never trademarked, only the recipe, so 99% of "Siracha" products are basically just copy cats.

It's a marketing term at this point.

If you want a good siracha dipping Sauce, mix it with honey. Great for chicken and shrimp.

wandering

Banned
The name "Siracha" was never trademarked, only the recipe, so 99% of "Siracha" products are basically just copy cats.

It's a marketing term at this point.

If you want a good siracha dipping Sauce, mix it with honey. Great for chicken and shrimp.

"Copycats" in the sense that ketchup that isn't Heinz or soy sauce that isn't Kikkoman are copycats...

Sriracha is a ubiquitous recipe in Southeast Asia the same way brown sauce is in the U.K.

As much as like Sriracha they really need to be paring the menu down, not adding even more onto it. Did they remove anything to make way for this? Looking at their menu is tl;dr personified.

Gallbaro

Banned
Hey, sriracha has been a standby in all vietnamese restaurants and homes for decades. When did it become a hipstery millennial stereotype condiment?
Siracha had always tasted weak to me and the Cajun side of my wife's family. Infact the only thing that ever got them was Thai food...

el jacko

not too thrilled with kale on a burger though
It's better than it sounds. I had a burger once entirely wrapped in kale, and was extremely sceptical but left completely sold, and now a happy kale eater. Granted, this restaurant was built around seasonal, local, organic ingredients and had a much higher cost window to play around with compared to a McDonalds, but it proved the concept itself as a successful possibility.

LQX

Tried Sriracha for the first time this year. I was not that impressed. I prefer Tabasco and ketchup.

"This'll Turn Our Company Around" Says Increasingly Nervous McDonald's Executive For Seventh Time This Year

1200.jpg

Really though someone should do a study about GAF member's digestive systems compared to the average person and find out just what it is that has them running to the nearest toilet after just a bite.

That's what happens when people who only ate they same 10 things their whole life try something new.

Downhome

I posted this in the other thread, but still, no way this compares to this from CFA.

Have you had the Sweet & Spicy Siracha sauce from Chick-fil-A? It's one of the best tasting sauces from anywhere I have ever had.

img_07054aoga.jpg

snap

Banned
"This'll Turn Our Company Around" Says Increasingly Nervous McDonald's Executive For Seventh Time This Year

1200.jpg

thought we were past this fud.

like a year (two?) ago they started to hit a wall with growth in the US. not worldwide (they kept growing everywhere else), just the US. some bloggers made a bigger deal about that than it ever was, and as a result every McD's thread was filled with posts like "too little too late" or "they're just throwing everything against the wall aren't they??"

they introduced all day breakfast (which got the same reaction here as every other thing they had been doing since the lack of growth began) and it turned things around, they kept growing. people still kept going into McD's threads acting like they were dying and everything they were doing was for nothing. recently that started to die off, and yet we still get some people either completely out of the loop coming back in and making these types of posts. could make a good case study for how negative information spreads throughout a forum-going audience and how the positive follow-up information fails to do the same.

I've been off the Sriracha train for so long it's probably feel new again. I'll give it a shot.

(Note: "Sriracha train" was literally two bottles I purchased and then got disinterested in buying more)

im so fucking done with sriracha y'all

put it all in a metal box with nutella and bury it in the ground as a late aughts time capsule, we dont need it anymore

Have nutella French toast then say this again.

I dare you.

Agree about the rest tho

Lifeline

Save this sauce, it's going to become really popular in a decade when some animated show has a plot point revolving around it.

Top Bottom