• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds is testing Crab Sandwiches

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Crab-Header_1486658477574_2732439_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.ktvu.com/business/234773326-story

Four Bay Area McDonald’s restaurants will begin selling crab sandwiches on Thursday. The fast-food franchise chain added the sandwich to its menu at four South Bay locations. The sandwich is made with snow crab meat on a sliced sourdough bun with seasoned mayonnaise, celery, lettuce and tomato.

McDonald’s says the new addition is part of a trend to experiment with regional flavors and local tastes. “Top Chef” contestant Ryan Scott worked with McDonald’s to develop their version of a crab sandwich.

According to the San Jose Mercury News, the new menu item will be available starting Thursday at 11 a.m. at four McDonald’s in the South Bay. Three are in San Jose (2191 Monterey Road; 2699 Union Ave.; 4838 San Felipe Road) and one is in Santa Clara (3509 Homestead Road).

Pending positive feedback, the crab sandwich will be available at nearly 250 McDonald’s restaurants across the Bay Area later this year.

According to McDonald’s website, the crab sandwich has 410 calories, 24 grams of fat and 14 grams of protein.

http://thecomeback.com/food/mcdonalds-crab-sandwich-bay-area.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Crab sandwiches are not very common at fast food locations, but McDonald’s is willing to take a risk. And rather than try serving these new crab sandwiches in crab-loving locations like New England or Maryland, it is hoping to catch on out on the west coast. This is part of the fast food giant’s regional favorites campaign, and other regionally-influenced items may soon come to your neck of the woods ,if they have not already

I'm usually down to try anything fast food at least once, but as someone who spent years in Maryland and loves crab, I don't think I can do it this time

MindofKB

I live within 5-7 miles of those three McDonalds locations.

Still not compromising my bowels on that sandwich.

Nope!

Gattsu25

Banned
Yay for cross contamination.

Any contamination will cause a flare up in me. Fatal for my aunt.

Shellfish allergies are serious business.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
They used to have those on the eastern shore in MD when I was a kid. Never tried one for obvious reasons.

Ban Puncher

"They want HOW MUCH for pork?! That's it, no McRib this year. So, what else have they got that's cheap per poorly refrigerated shipping container?"

jph139

I literally gagged a bit.

There's a lot of things I'll trust to fast food, but shellfish is not one of them.

I liked the McLobster but it was too salty.

I don't know why places have to drown fucking everything in salt. I really don't get it. Yeah salt is good, but it has to be right. There's so much fast food I avoid largely because of how damned salty it is.

...call me salty, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom