• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's to launch Mac Jr. and Grand Mac this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

see5harp

Man I remember the glory days of being able to order a double cheeseburger with "big mac" sauce for the ultimate ghetto big mac.

SDCowboy

I was at McDonalds yesterday, and I was shocked at how expensive the Jr. Big Mac was. I figured since it only had one patty that it would be like, a buck.

I JUST noticed it yesterday and I've been going to McDonalds quite a bit in the past 4 months. Maybe I'll start getting mac jrs instead of mcdoubles if they're good enough.

DavidDesu

Mac Jr basically a cheeseburger with the burger sauce on it isn't it..?

I'd rather get their Big & Tasty than the Grad Mac. This is in the UK so dunno if that sae burger is elsewhere. It's basically McDonald's answer to the Burger King Angus burger... much higher quality all round, like a quarter pounder patty, proper big slice of beef tomato and a nice unique sauce (that tastes like mayo mixed with brown sauce to me).

(this is the person considering joining a gym and trying to do the 5:2 fasting diet.... I'm doomed)

Negaduck

Wish we got a monster mac.

My hack was always, Mcdouble, No ketchup or mustard, add Mac sauce and lettuce (I prefer leaf).

For that cheaper mini mac.

SDCowboy

I JUST noticed it yesterday and I've been going to McDonalds quite a bit in the past 4 months. Maybe I'll start getting mac jrs instead of mcdoubles if they're good enough.

The McDouble costs almost half the price and has twice the meat, so the Jr. had better be significantly better. lol

I'm down for a Mac Jr.

They really missed the boat not teaming up with Nintendo and calling it the "Little Mac" though. For shame.

"The flavor punch of a Big Mac, now in a smaller package!"

Kaladin

Grand Mac is disappointing actually in that it's just a larger Big Mac.

That being said, the Mac Jr is actually an improvement on the Big Mac as the flavors of the Big Mac aren't muddled like they are with the regular sandwich and everything comes through better. Plus there is less fucking lettuce.

DOWN

Banned
This is months old and has been on GAF before

I'm in to Grand Mac and always order Macs with no middle bun

mackattk

I still see absolutely no reason why I should get a premium full size sandwich instead of just a McDouble. McDouble is like 1.39, a big mac or quarter pounder is like $4. Is there even any difference between the meat other than the size?

Xun

I'd rather get their Big & Tasty than the Grad Mac. This is in the UK so dunno if that sae burger is elsewhere. It's basically McDonald's answer to the Burger King Angus burger... much higher quality all round, like a quarter pounder patty, proper big slice of beef tomato and a nice unique sauce (that tastes like mayo mixed with brown sauce to me).

(this is the person considering joining a gym and trying to do the 5:2 fasting diet.... I'm doomed)
I've unfortunately never managed to get into the Big Tasty.

I've tried it numerous times and was always disappointed with it. I don't think the sauce is really my kind of thing.

The McDouble costs almost half the price and has twice the meat, so the Jr. had better be significantly better. lol

Yup, my thoughts too... The idea is appealing to me though. If it feels barely more than a mcdouble then not sure how regularly I'll be getting it.

ZOONAMI

Ah man, we used to have the big and tasty.

I guess it's basically a deluxe quarter pounder so it makes sense they got rid of it as you can still order it with lettuce tomato and onion.

Chris R

Trump is going to rename it back to McKinley Mac on inauguration day

Fuck him if he does, he needs to leave the Denali Mac alone (and the mountain too I guess)

1/3lb total weight "Grand Mac" or 1/2lb total weight Denali Mac. Only thing the Grand Mac has going for it is the 2nd slice of cheese.

jts

...hate me...
I had a Chicken Big Mac the other day.

'twas ok

chicken-big-mac.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom