• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's to launch Mac Jr. and Grand Mac this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDCowboy

Yup, my thoughts too... The idea is appealing to me though. If it feels barely more than a mcdouble then not sure how regularly I'll be getting it.

I don't think I'll ever understand McDonalds current pricing structure. It's like the how the 10pc McNuggets costs the same as the 20pc. Or all soda sizes costing the same price. It just makes zero sense to me.

Jebusman

Banned
I'm surprised they would go to the trouble of coming up with a new size of patty for the Grand Mac rather than just introduce something like the Double Big Mac (like up here in Canada).

DOWN

Banned
How much does the Mac Jr cost?
Varies but most places have it at $1.99
Does the Grand Mac use the Quarter Pounder patties?

my problem with the regular big mac is that the meat is so small
It's total meat weight is 1/3 pound, so it has more meat than a quarter pounder but less that a double quarter pounder
they just need to toss out the useless middle bun and it would be great
I just say "no middle bun" when I order

Arkeband

Banned
It's weird that the promo burgers used in the OP are kind of "normal" looking, as in they're kind of drooping and uneven, a far cry from the perfectly brushed and primped Big Macs you usually see in ads.

Magnus

Is the term 'American cheese' supposed to distract from the fact that it's basically melted yellow plastic instead of the real thing? Always bugged me

ZOONAMI

Is the term 'American cheese' supposed to distract from the fact that it's basically melted yellow plastic instead of the real thing? Always bugged me

American cheese is American because it's delicious on cheeseburgers.

White American cheese from a deli is actually pretty solid (not plasticy).

Shoulda been Little Mac

po45.png

segasonic

Big Mac is such a strange product. Who ever thought: There's not enough bread in the burger, let's add a middle layer made of bread!

And I hate the sauce. Tastes like pure vinegar to me...

Phu

Banned

Saying American cheese isn't the real thing is like saying meatballs aren't real meat. By legal definition, American cheese is made from a blend of cheeses, usually cheddar.

Lee

Used to get a McDouble +mac sauce +lettuce for like a $1.25. I imagine that's exactly what a Mac Jr. is. Someone should put in two orders, the one above and then one for a Mac Jr. and do an un-boxing un-bunning video.

Saganator

Ah man, we used to have the big and tasty.

I guess it's basically a deluxe quarter pounder so it makes sense they got rid of it as you can still order it with lettuce tomato and onion.

I remember the Big N Tasty also had mayo on it, right? I miss the Big N Tasty :/

I bet the Grand Mac is the size the Big Mac used to be before it shrank over the years.

I'm the the mini is going to be the regular size within 10-20 years.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks "why isnt there a fast food op for this stuff" when i see a thread like this.
same goes for trump tweets.

LOLCats

Banned
mac jr is good, had one yesterday. Now i dont have to pay 5$ for a BigMac when i really want a small big mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom