• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MCV: Mario & Pokemon coming within 6 months of NX launch, 3rd parties, exec comment

MCV said:
Nintendo is putting together a triple-A software lineup to ensure NX flies out of the gate next year.

Developer Game Freak will bring Pokemon to the platform, while Nintendo's first-party titles include the previously announced Zelda game - Breath of the Wild - and a new Mario game. All three products are scheduled to appear within the first six months of the machine's life.

The firm has also been busy securing third-party support with Sega, Square Enix, Ubisoft, Activision and Warner Bros already onboard.
“It’s a nice bit of kit, a bit of a novelty, but a good one,” said one exec that has got hands on with the machine. “It won’t appeal to PS4 fans. Nintendo seems set on trying to upgrade smartphone gamers. That’s going to be a big job for the marketing department.”
Link

WhamABy.jpg

G.ZZZ

I can see this happening only if they are mobile versions. Like a port for Pokemon and a new 3D Land variant. Also what is this MCV?

Zalman

Pokémon is in a strange position right now as they just started a new generation. I wonder what a 2017 NX game would be.

MANUELF

Banned
They all releasing on launch? Nintendo pretty much only launches new mario and pokemon games in the last two or three months of the year and since Sun and Moon only launches like 5 months before the NX does that mean they will be ported?

Kinsei

Banned
Pokémon is in a strange position right now as they just started a new generation. I wonder what a 2017 NX game would be.

D/P remakes? It's the only thing that really makes sense if we assume it's a main title and not a spin-off.

Pokémon would be interesting- I wonder if we're talking a Sun/Moon port, a quick third version, or if they're just going to bite the bullet and put out the 1st Gen remakes that are definitely happening at some point.

Oddish1

I can only think that the pokemon game is either a port of Sun/Moon or a spin off title. A new Mario game is obvious, Nintendo must have been working on one since 3D World.

Rozart

A sun/moon port would be the most probable I guess? But MCV does state that it's 'new'...

Edit: Oh, a new /Mario/ game. The article just states that Gamefreak will bring a pokemon game to the NX. Didn't specify if it's new.

Dystify

Can't wait for New Super Mario Bros. NX and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon NX.

Yeah unless it's Pokemon Sun/Moon I very much doubt a mainline release. Edit: Actually, it could possibly be close to a year after Sun/Moon so maybe it's a 3rd version kinda title.

For Mario I expect a 2D game, but that's still very exciting. 3D would be even better but I guess 2D may move more systems.

Protome

I can see this happening only if they are mobile versions. Like a port for Pokemon and a new 3D Land variant.

When your portable console is also your home console, what's the difference?

I do think it makes sense for Pokemon to be a port though, would be kinda crazy for them to pump out two Pokemon games in such a short period of time.

What's these guys track record on rumors?

MCV is a trade specific magazine in the UK, so the actual print magazine is delivered to subscribers and those subscribers are typically people at publishers, developers, retailers, analysts etc. The magazine can't be bought in stores. So... they tend to be pretty well informed.

z0m3le

Banned
I can see this happening only if they are mobile versions. Like a port for Pokemon and a new 3D Land variant. Also what is this MCV?

The last mario mainline game was Mario 3D world in Holiday 2013... a Holiday 2017 Mario title is 4 years, plenty... As for pokemon, Sun & Moon 2 is likely the best we can hope for.

Sadist

“It’s a nice bit of kit, a bit of a novelty, but a good one,” said one exec that has got hands on with the machine. “It won’t appeal to PS4 fans. Nintendo seems set on trying to upgrade smartphone gamers. That’s going to be a big job for the marketing department.”

Hmmm. Essentially "It's pretty good! ... for a Nintendo machine"

Btw, no EA mention isn't surprising.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The same sources confirmed that the Eurogamer report last week - which revealed that NX will be a portable machine that can be plugged into a TV and features a breakaway controller – is ‘100 per cent accurate’.

Game graphics will be ‘somewhere between a PS3 and PS4’, with Nintendo targeting an audience that sits between smartphone gamers and the more hardcore users of PS4 and Xbox One.
😶

Jameson

MCV is a trade specific magazine in the UK, so the actual print magazine is delivered to subscribers and those subscribers are typically people at publishers, developers, retailers, analysts etc. The magazine can't be bought in stores. So... they tend to be pretty well informed.

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom