• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

mecha titles you want to be featured in a Super Robot Wars game

AGITΩ

Just give me a Super Robot Wars X Super Hero Sakusen. so we can get Tokusatsu mixed in with the Mecha. I mean Sentai wouldn't be out of place in it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm sorry, I read the thread title as "mecha titties you want..." and I was a little weirded out.

SRW has lotsa bouncy tits

Super Sentai. Any of them.

I assume the closest we'll ever get was Voltron that was in W, but I can dream for the impossible.

Well, Daizyuzin was in Omega, but that's Omega so it doesn't count. With that said we got many five-man mecha units in SRW.

AGITΩ;251776937 said:
Just give me a Super Robot Wars X Super Hero Sakusen. so we can get Tokusatsu mixed in with the Mecha. I mean Sentai wouldn't be out of place in it.

Speaking of which, why did they stop inviting Godzilla and his friends in the cross hero outings? Back then it was Gundam x Rider x Ultraman x Godzilla, now he's not included!

frozencool

Neo Member
Frankly anything Yoji Shinkawa has touched at the minimum. So any Metal Gear mecha, DEFINITELY Jehuty and Anubis from Zone of the Enders 2, and the manga/anime he did the mecha designs.

Also Armored Core. I just want Nine Ball to be some nameless pilot who uses the generic grunt unit face, but is just this ultimate bad ass that people are legitimately scared of.

Beckx

I need my good and pure Iron Blooded Orphans like yesterday.

Also Build Fighters.

I want Vision of Escaflowne back in SRW. It's only appeared in a title on the Wonder Swan.

Yes! I get chills thinking of the music during attacks in a modern game..."Es-ca...Furo-ne"

The Five Star Stories (ファイブスター)

It had a brief entry in SRW4 but that's not enough!
hqdefault.jpg

5f46f3501ecdcfd385153ca014723533.jpg

YES!

I want FSS & the knights so bad. Aisha, Hind Kill, Land Waund Spaccorn, Kaien, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SkyOdin

Oh, a completely random pick just popped into my brain: Cruise Chaser Blasty. It was one of Square's earliest titles, and featured very primitive 2D animation for mecha attacks. The game became the basis for a manga which improved the designs. More importantly, Blasty was used as the basis for the design of the Ark summon in Final Fantasy IX, and has thus appeared in several subsequent Final Fantasy games.

I would still pick Xenogears or Front Mission for inclusion first as a Square mecha title, but Blasty has been getting some recognition lately thanks to FFXIV.

That does remind me of another great pick, though: Armored Core. In particular, I would love to see Armored Core: for Answer in SRW. It would be great to wreck things with White Glint.

squall23

Is it true that the maker of Sakura Wars hate SRW that he doesn't them to be featured there? Ironically the characters did meet up with SRW characters in PxZ.

Patlabor was already apparently in SRW but it was in a crappy one.
1. No, the Sakura Wars thing is apparently false, at worst it's greatly exaggerated. Just like there was originally a rumour that claimed CLAMP didn't want Rayearth in SRW when it's the complete opposite. https://twitter.com/clamp_news/status/564232335512444930

2. I know Patlabor was in OE. I played it. It had Keroro Gunsou in it which made up for everything. I just meant that it would be more fun if J-Decker was crossed with Patlabor instead of being by itself.
I want Gundam Build Fighters in.

Actually now that I think about it I want SRW game that's like Build Fighters.
There are enough anime series where Bamco can make a SRW with a toys motif. Especially if it uses Crush Gear Turbo.
7SweA2N.jpg

Drayco21

I want Gurren Lagann and The Big O back in the next ps4 game.

Not being Japanese or anime makes it super unlikely but Pacific Rim is a dream.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
1. No, the Sakura Wars thing is apparently false, at worst it's greatly exaggerated. Just like there was originally a rumour that claimed CLAMP didn't want Rayearth in SRW when it's the complete opposite. https://twitter.com/clamp_news/status/564232335512444930

2. I know Patlabor was in OE. I played it. It had Keroro Gunsou in it which made up for everything. I just meant that it would be more fun if J-Decker was crossed with Patlabor instead of being by itself.

There are enough anime series where Bamco can make a SRW with a toys motif. Especially if it uses Crush Gear Turbo.
7SweA2N.jpg

Shit yeah Crush Gear is rad, first anime even had JAM Project!

bchan555

Sophia

It would never happen, but Xenogears would be my dream installment.

Xenosaga too, for that matter, but that's only slightly more likely to happen.

Top Bottom