• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mechwarrior 5 coming to Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC (Spring 2021)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/11/mec...-steam-gog-and-microsoft-store-in-spring-2021
No switch or PlayStation as Microsoft own the license

MechWarrior-5-Xbox_11-25-20.jpg

Piranha Games also delayed the MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries downloadable content “Heroes of the Inner Sphere” from its previously planned December 10 release date to spring 2021.

“Along with the Xbox release, this delay will allow us some additional opportunities that will benefit the game, as well as the MechWarrior community at large,” the studio said in an update. “First and foremost, the combined release on Steam, GOG, Epic Games Store, Microsoft Store, and Xbox consoles will give us more exposure and a broader reach than we’ve ever had before.”

The studio continued, “We will capitalize on this increased exposure with our largest marketing initiative to date, bringing as many new eyes to the MechWarrior franchise as possible. This will give us more time to add improvements and quality of life features to the base game, including AI, UI, art, customization, and content. We will continue to tune the single player campaign and new career modes, making running your Mercenary Unit the most rewarding experience possible.”

STARSBarry

Gold Member
As one of the older gamers and a big fan of the mech warrior franchise as a kid when it was on PC, let me make this abundantly clear.

The game is shit, I'm sorry but that is that, I think I preferred Mech Assualt series over this.

It feels like some sort of early access title which they haven't put all the features in yet, the graphics are decent but dated as there copy pasted from the online game, sadly the coop feels tacked on rather than a full feature as it should be.

This video pretty much sums it up for at least me, perhaps other who haven't played the older games and have nothing to compare to might find it less disapointing.

Last edited:

TheMan

As one of the older gamers and a big fan of the mech warrior franchise as a kid when it was on PC, let me make this abundantly clear.

The game is shit, I'm sorry but that is that, I think I preferred Mech Assualt series over this.

It feels like some sort of early access title which they haven't put all the features in yet, the graphics are decent but dated as there copy pasted from the online game, sadly the coop feels tacked on rather than a full feature as it should be.

This video pretty much sums it up for at least me, perhaps other who haven't played the older games and have nothing to compare to might find it less disapointing.

Yes, big disappointment. I remember watching the opening cutscenes and being like, this shit is early 2000s era level of quality. Enemy spawning was never truly fixed either, from my understanding. I haven't booted up the game since a few weeks post-launch.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Cool, i liked mechwarrior so much as a kid. Good idea putting it on Xbox as well.

Any news about age of empire on Xbox?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
May 27, 2021

• MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is the return of a long-dormant mech battle franchise on PC.
  • After a stint as an Epic Games Store exclusive and an extended delay, MechWarriors 5 is finally expanding.
  • Players will be able to get into a BattleMech on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, GOG, and Steam on May 27.
  • MechWarrior is also launching its first DLC, 'Heroes of the Inner Sphere' simultaneously on those platforms.

I really loved Mechwarrior back in the day. First introduced to the awesome SNES game and then on PC. Sad to hear this doesn't live up to the billing because with today's tech it should be amazing

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

RoboFu

One of the green rats
if its in anyways close to chromehounds i will be all over this.

Last edited:

Isa

Mechwarrior 2: mercenaries was just awesome. Really liked it. Then the clans came and stomped me haha. Loved it
Hell yeah! My only complaint about the game is I wanted a much larger campaign. Even with the optional missions and potential extras in salvaging mechs it was over far too quickly. Loved every second of it though. My favorite game though was Mechwarrior 2 and Ghost Bear's Legacy. Mechcommander was cool too. though I wasn't fond of the tiny little lances.

Reactions: Gp1

Gp1

MW5 is a solid score 7 game, specially with mods. Considering that the last MW game is almost 20 years old, it was a good universe restart (with Batletech).

Top Bottom