• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MechWarrior Online - News and Information Thread

Woorloog

Banned
Which ones? Just tested and it's still impossible to hit anything on top of HPG.

All of them. I play with minimum settings... OK, i can see the enemies from far away but i have no idea if there's stuff between them and me. And those damn hills (any map), they may look bigger or smaller than they actually are. ARGH!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Surprised by the high medium % in the queue now? Just wait until the Stormcrow hits for c-bills. It's going to be crazy, especially if it's also a trial mech.

I only play mediums, and I'm used to there being so few that I get in matches almost instantly.Now the wait is so long I've resorted to painfully trying to elite these Kit Foxes

Factions are supposed to be the first phase of Community Warfare.

Woorloog

Banned
Picked up a Kit Fox, any good load outs out there you guys have tried?

Try this one, long range sniper. http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=177&l=1e43b994e4b5702d76713f7fb68ec0bc6f64ae73

Good? No idea. Wasn't my thing really but it wasn't awful.
Alternatively load a couple of ERLLs with ECM, max armor, JJ(s). Pretty standard loadout IIRC.
I usually run stock Prime, my favorite B (SRM6/1t ammo, UAC10/2t ammo, ERML, ERSL), stock S, and sometimes A (Gauss/2t ammo, 2 ERML).
For D i have ECM, ERLL, LRM10+15 and the rest for LRM ammo (stock armor) but i don't like it either, doesn't fit my style really, but is better than the stock D).

Whatever the loadout, remember that the thing is fragile even with max armor. If you're getting hit, you're doing it wrong, as with all lights but here you don't have speed to avoid getting hit. The best time to attack is when enemies are focusing on other teammates.
Oh, and given the mech's slow speed, i recommend skimping on armor (that is, stick to stock amount, because even more armor doesn't save the mech) and focusing on firepower, the only true strength the mech has.

------

BTW, Vindicators are available for C-bills now.

K.Jack

Finally the Vindicators. Man these little guys can spread some damage. For the first time, I bought n XL engine. Needed the XL295 for the 1AA.

I've had my best matches with this setup. Simple yet effective. Stick with the big guys and shoot what they shoot. I usually get a couple kills per match.

Woorloog

Banned
I've had my best matches with this setup. Simple yet effective. Stick with the big guys and shoot what they shoot. I usually get a couple kills per match.

Asymmetric jump jets! So very, very... terrible! That's bad and you should feel bad.

Seriously now, i question the use of both AMS and ECM. It ain't raining missiles on you (or anyone near) when using ECM. Unless someone is pointing a TAG at you but i figure you're in trouble regardless then.
Also seriously, moving one JJ to the other leg would be a good idea, because for one thing you can do that (in Smurfy at least, an omnipod gives you JJ slots, which are "global"), and because that way you don't lose both at once if you lose a leg. EDIT if possible, i'd move a heat sink from left torso to right, and move the JJs to torsos.

I've personally had a lot of fun and success with these builds:

Sniper/Harasser
  • Recommended Modules: Improved UAV, Adv. Zoom, C-ER Medium Laser Range, C-Machine Gun Range
Support DPS
  • Recommended Modules: Improved UAV, Adv. Seismic Sensor, UAC5 Range, C-SSRM2 Range, C-ER Medium Laser Range
Support
  • Recommended Modules: Improved UAV, Adv. Seismic Sensor, Enhanced NARC, AMS Overload, AMS Range

Don't play Clan Lights like Inner Sphere Lights and you will have a much better time. They aren't as fast, but their firepower lends to a playstyle similar to that of a Medium 'Mech. Always stick with others and don't stray to scout unless you are playing it very safe.

K.Jack

Not sold on it being a workhorse, but man this is an awesome looking mech:

vindicator.png~original

fake edit - lol I pause while making this post, to play a match in it, and I went and had my best Vindi performance yet:

Was an amazing match. Through all of its flaws and the developer's idiocy, I can really be blown away by this game sometimes.

Nete

Was an amazing match. Through all of its flaws and the developer's idiocy, I can really be blown away by this game sometimes.

The core gameplay, giant mechs with big guns shooting to each other, is fantastic. Problem is it sucks in everything* else due reasons, starting by an awful direction. But when the gameplay manages to outshine all the shit, is a fucking supernova. And thats probably the only reason why I'm still playing this game after two years of lies, bugs and incompetence.

*Not counting Alex Iglesias work. This guy is probably the best thing has happened ever to Battletech/Mechwarrior.

Btw, these days I've played the MW4: Mercenaries campaign, and has been a blast. It feels VERY short and the history is kinda meh (its Battletech afterall :D), but it does a nice job with all the merc corp management part. I guess next step will be go for the vainilla campaign (Vengeance + Black Knight) as I never touched them back in the day.

Woorloog

Banned
Vengeance is good, i think. Gameplay-wise at least. The terrible live action videos are golden too (i don't care they're terribly acted and directed and whatever else, they're so much fun!).
Black Knight is really more of the same (also set in alt. universe after the "evil" ending of Vengeance). I've played it once, can't recall much about it though.

Unfortunately i cannot play them now because they don't recognize my mouse, and playing purely with keyboard is impossible in practice (partially because the limited input most keyboards accept, but mostly because it just ain't accurate to aim with numpad).

It sucks how PGI fucks up so many things about MWO. Alex's art is absolutely the best thing there is (and then comes the relatively good core gameplay), indeed i like his mechs more than i like the original art (though there are some exceptions).
BTW http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Gùn a Dark Age era mech, drawn by Alex. Note the similarities with MWO mechs. Also this http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Lu_Wei_Bing

There are many things in MWO that could be easily improved (design at least, if not technically). The critical hit system could use improvement (more accurate to the tabletop, critical hits to actuators, etc). The heat system should be a scale (heat penalties start early). Beagle Probe needs tweaking too, it is a detector for hidden units, not just a sensor booster. And ECM needs to be something that interferes with other electronics, BAP, not a stealth shield.

And there's actually easy way to implement the C3 Network and Command Console (not the shit we got) in a way that works in MWO while keeping the spirit of the system from the game, more or less, i think:
-Command Console: It provides Targeting Computer-like-effect aura around the mech, at 180m radius. Anyone near Command Console equipped mech gets the same benefits Targeting Computer Mark I* gives plus sensor and data sharing boost. Being withing enemy ECM radius prevents this bonus, and if the CC carrier is within enemy ECM, the computer does not provide bonuses to anyone, including the carrier.
-C3 Network: Works like the Command Console though it is better but works only within lance (one master and up to 3 slaves, masters are linked to other masters from other lances). There is no distance limit. ECM prevents the system from working as normal. The system can be reconfigured if the Company Commander re-organizes lancesr; the limit of 3 slaves per Master cannot be exceeded.
-The systems do not stack with each other or themselves (C3 prevents gaining the bonus from CC as long as there exist connection to a Master, ECM or no ECM), though the sensor boost stacks with BAP. The Clans do not use either system. The Clans cannot receive benefits of the Command Console from other mechs even if they do not equip a Targeting Computer.
The C3 is intended for groups. Very effective but costly (both in C-bills and in tonnage, the Master weights 5 tons though the Slaves are merely 1 ton but the system does not work without a Master and a Slave).
The Command Console is less effective and has limited area but it is effective boost for solo players, and given the relative cost-effectiveness of it (give you and your team free TC1), it should be attractive option, despite its drawbacks.

*The high-rated TCs need buff because the bonuses are frontloaded. Nerfing the early TCs makes them just unattractive, waste of weight and space.

Bit of a noob question but what do the Omni-pods for the clan mechs do?

I have two choices for my Kitfox and i'm not sure what the difference is.

Woorloog

Banned

Quirks, hardpoints. C Arm gives one ECM and Energy hardpoint, and triple AMS but also reduces the both arms' speed and turn range.
The S legs give two JJ slots each (but those can be, at least on Smurfy, put anywhere as the slots are global), but reduce the mech's turn rate.
EDIT Link for links to all Clan Mech specs, including all Omnipods: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/161548-clan-mech-specifications/

Smurfy has the hardpoints listed but not quirks AFAIK: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/#omnipods

Nete

Over the mouse on each omnipod in the mechlab for few seconds, and a tooltip should appear on the right detailing everything about it, including hardpoints and quirks. The general rule is, the less hardpoints an omnipod has the better are the quirks, and vice versa. Not all the omnipods have quirks, tho, but sometimes that is a good thing.

Here you have a pretty nice list for each Mech/Omnipod.

It's an odd system will take some getting used to.

Starting to get used to a light a bit more, harass someone else's target. If it looks at me run away.

akira28

strange news everyone!

PGI and IGP are parting ways:
Greetings MechWarriors, It's with great excitement that I share with you that Piranha Games Inc. has reached a deal with Infinite Game Publishing for the return of all MWO publishing rights to PGI as of September 1st 2014. Over the past three years Piranha enjoyed a good working relationship with IGP. From the beginning IGP brought passion and dedication to the MechWarrior brand and had many employees that were completely dedicated to the products success. However it can still be very difficult at times to make the corporate needs and strategies of two companies align, for this reason we were able to come to agreement with IGP for all publishing, marketing and hosting responsibilities to move to Piranha. With these responsibilities now here, everything from design, development, marketing and control of hosting resides within Piranha's offices. It is our expectation that this will lead to much more efficient development and marketing of the product. Although we just signed the deal at the end of Aug, we have been operating under this model since the beginning of August, this is reflected in the increased community efforts and updates over the last five weeks. This, along with the marketing efforts of the many events and faction based sales. This is a good example of how efficiently things can be with all facets within the same office space, were committed to continuing this efficiency throughout the entire project.
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/170419-on-piranha-games-pgi-edition-jeux-infinis-igp-feedback/

since it's been pretty well known that IGP was the albatross pushing a lot of the unpopular decisions and focus on certain aspects of the game over others ($$$), the hope is that now PGI is off the hook and completely owns the MWO rights, players will be getting some foundational additions instead of more baubles and upgrades to spend actual money on.

Here's to more maps, an actual community faction based warfare, and proper Clan invasion implementation. (we hope) Cheers.

K.Jack

Please have been all IGP's fault. Please have been all IGP's fault. Please have been all IGP's fault.....

Guess I'll start keeping an eye on this for a while again if IGP really was restricting and harming development that much. I'm skeptical of the whole deal, though.

Woorloog

Banned
I wonder. Even if things have been IGP's fault, will PGI have enough funds to do as they wish without resorting to making everything something they can sell, as has happened so far?

EDIT What does this mean to Mechwarrior Tactics?
EDIT Wait, what, that got cancelled?
Controversy[edit]
After Infinite Game Publishing moved MechWarrior Tactics to a new data server in late August of 2014, both the game and its forums continued to be offline for "extended maintenance" well beyond the initially expected 72 hour window. Fans eventually began wondering what was taking so long with the game and got in touch with Blue Lizard Games via Facebook to find out what was causing the delay. Blue Lizard replied:

"[...]unfortunately our development contract on MWT was cancelled in December last year. Please contact IGP for updates. Regards."[2]

The next day, they added:

"We are sorry for the confusion but as you can imagine we showcase every game we have worked on, specially one we are so proud of having been a part of. Indeed IGP should have taken our logo from the MWT game but we cannot hold a grudge against them for not doing so. Our take on the matter is that they did not bring any new developer in so all development since last year has been internally done at IGP. Then again, we have not been kept on the loop since December so please talk to them for official information."[3]

Fans of the game were outraged that instant access to the closed had been marketed and sold to them as under development for 9 months when in fact no developer was apparently working on the game.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_Tactics

Holy shit... IGP seriously seems to be the source of problems here.

I can't think about whether the IGP/PGI split is a good or bad thing without thinking about the JPF/PFJ scene from Life of Brian.

I reckon I'll check back in a few months and see if CW is any closer to happening.

Giolon

NGNG hosted a Town Hall w/ Russ last night on twitch.tv. The audio from it is out now. It's in a couple parts and totals about 3.5 hours.

P1: https://soundcloud.com/nogutsnogalaxy/mwo-town-hall-meeting-russ-bullock-part-1
P2: https://soundcloud.com/nogutsnogalaxy/mwo-town-hall-meeting-russ-bullock-part-2
P3: https://soundcloud.com/nogutsnogalaxy/mwo-town-hall-meeting-russ-bullock-part-3

I watched/listened to the whole thing last night as it was going on, and I think the whole thing is pretty interesting. For the most part, he addresses hard questions, though some were danced around.

Definitely worth it if you want to know what has gone on w/ MWO in the past (like, why did so little in the way of features make it to the game in 2013?), and what their plan is going forward.

One thing that was dropped in the middle of there is Clan Pack Wave 2 is getting announced next week. It will have 4 mechs, 1 of each class, and people who purchased above a certain level of the previous clan mechs plus some unspecified level of the new clan mechs will get a bonus otherwise currently unavailable clan mech on Sep 23 patch I think it was. The rest of the new clan mechs will be delivered every other week starting in November I think?

Woorloog

Banned
4 more Clan Mechs?
Hmm. They gotta be from the original 16, but any mechs with MASC probably can be ruled out because the system is not implemented yet.
IS names in the parentheses.

I'd say the Mad Dog (Vulture) is a safe bet for the heavy class, since the Hellbringer (Loki) has various odd equipment that has no use in MWO, like A-pods (we didn't get Kit Fox C (legs) because of those).

For assaults, the Gargoyle (Man O'War). The Executioner (Gladiator) has MASC, so the Gargoyle is much more likely, also rather unique: speedy Assault with 400XL, with light armor for its size and little pod-space for an assault.

For mediums, both Ice Ferret (Fenris) and Viper (Dragonfly) are possibilities, though i'm leaning toward the former due to its humanoid form (both current Clan mediums are chicken-walkers, as is the Viper).

For lights, the Mist Lynx (Koshi), as the Fire Moth (Dasher) has MASC. The Mist Lynx is fast, jumpy 25-tonner with fixed Active Probe.

EDIT i'm assuming they will be from the original 16 Omnimechs, if they're Clan second-line mechs or something else, all bets are off.

EDIT2 It should be noted that Hellbringer (Loki) isn't even a possibility without the Prime which has the pointless A-pods, only A and B are available in 3050, C carries Advanced Tactical Missiles and is '60s alternate configuration.

Woorloog

Banned
Alternate configurations that could be in MWO for the mechs i listed, and their hardpoints/equipment, check notes section for my analysis for the configs likely used in MWO:

-Gargoyle (80t): Prime (LA/RA: 1M, 1B, CT: 1E), A (LA: 4E, RA: 1E), B (LA: 2M, RA: 1B). Notes: Has XL400 so the speed is 81 kph. Merely 11 tons of armor. 21.5 tons of pod space. No other possible configs at this time.

-Mad Dog (60t): Prime (LA/RA: 2E, LT/RT: 1M), A (LA: 1B, RA: 1E, LT/RT: 3M), B (LA: 2E, RA: 3E, LT: 1M, RT: 2M), C (LA/RA: 1B). Notes: 81 kph, 8.5 tons of armor. 28 tons of pod space. Strictly speaking B is also possible but i reckon they will use A to allow a true Clan heavy missile-boat, and C because it is... elegant (by default, 2 Gauss Rifles with 4 tons of ammo). Of course it is possible they will got with B and C, or A and B and offer C right arm.

-Mist Lynx (25t): Prime (LA: 1M, RA: 1M, 2B), B (LA: 1E, RA: 1M, 1E), C (LA: 1ECM, 1AMS, RA: 2E), D (LA: 1B, RA: 2E). . Notes: 113 kph, has fixed Active Probe in the head, 6 fixed Jump Jets. 3.5 tons of armor. 7.5t pod space. I'm assuming they will use C because that gives the Clans another ECM mech. Both B and D are possible, i won't guess which one. Alternatively both B and D are used and the C isn't used as not to usurp the Kit Fox's place as ECM carrier given the Mist Lynx's faster speed.

For the medium mech, both are possible as i outlined in my previous post, so i list both here.

-Ice Ferret (45t): Prime (LA: 2E, RA: 1M), A (CT: 1E, LA: 1B, RA: 1E, 1AMS), B (CT: 1E, LA: 1E, 1M, RA: 1M), C (CT: 1E, LA/RA: 1M, LT: 1M ) D (CT: 1E, LA: 1E, 1AMS, RA: 1E). Notes: The only humanoid Clan-medium. XL360 giving it almost 130 kph (no 45t medium in MWO can mount such an engine so the actual speed may be lower due to MWO's engine scaling). 7.5t armor. 9.5t pod space. C has Artemis IV by default. No idea which two are used beyond the Prime.

Viper (40t): Prime (LA: 1M, LT: 1AMS , RA: 2E, RT: 2B), A (LA: 1M, LT: 2E, RA: 1E, RT: 2E), B (LA: 1E, LT: 1E, RA: 1E, RT 1E:), C (CT: 1E, LA: 2E, LT: 2B, RA: 2E, RT: 2B), D (LA: 1M, LT: 1E, RA: 2E, RT: 1M). Notes: 130 kph (as fast as Cicada by default). 8 fixed Jump Jets. 7 tons of armor. 8.5t pod space. A has Artemis IV by default. Can't guess which configs might be used.

K.Jack

4 more clans? I want the Firemoth, Ice Ferret, Vulture, Gargoyle.

Time to introduce MASC.

I wonder. Even if things have been IGP's fault, will PGI have enough funds to do as they wish without resorting to making everything something they can sell, as has happened so far?

Well there will only be one hand in the pot now (two if you count the Microsoft fees), so I suppose that's a positive?

Also, these bastards just had to introduce a Griffin hero. Can't resist buying a new variant to my favorite mech.

Woorloog

Banned
Apparently MASC won't be implemented in the game anytime near future, too many technical issues. Therefore Flea is basically cancelled (and indeed Locust does what Flea does), and any Clan mech with MASC won't be implemented. No Dasher for you K.Jack.

K.Jack

Yeah, I know. I still remember buying the TROs when I was a kid. The Gargoyle and Firemoth were two of my favorite designs. I'd don't think they should avoid adding mechs, even if MASC can't be done. I'd take a Firemoth either way. I mean it runs 160kph just stock.

But also I love the old Myst Lynx design, and I know that ith his gifts, Alex can probably make that the best looking mech in the game. Config B (2x ERML, 2X SRM6) would be pretty much my favorite setup.

I love the Ice Ferret from Mechcommander 2, I will be pretty disappointed if they go with the Viper.

fake edit: wait, I want the Shadow Cat too. Forget the MASC, that's an awesome mech.

Woorloog

Banned
The Omnis are odd bunch. Originally (this being when i first read the Legend of Jade Phoenix triloy, almost 10 years ago (perhaps 8 or 9), so i was about 14 i think), i didn't like most of them. But lately, i've started liking them.
And reading about them... damn, the Viper looks fun as hell. A lot of speed and a lot of JJs? Fun fun. Anemic damage but whatever.

But now, i need to grind C-bills. A lot of them. 10 million. I need that Summoner Prime. I'll skip Vindicator for now, i like the Clan mechs generally better anyway.
Also due to the Legend of Jade Phoenix trilogy, it was the first Battletech book i read, so the Clan culture appeals to me for some reason.
(For the Inner Sphere, my faction of choice is the Capellan Confederation. My second Battletech book was the Capellan Solution duology.)

My actual introduction to Battletech came before the trilogy. My friend had a copy of the Finnish edition of the original board game (2nd edition, ie the first edition to be named Battletech, not Battledroids), and the robot in the cover interested me, so i borrowed the game. Never really got to play it, just once or twice but the fiction section in the rulebook... whoah. Been a Battletech fan ever since.
Then i bought Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance (and Mercs later on). So much fun.
Also bought some Age of Destruction miniatures, also a fun game but i never got to play it properly either. No one is interested :/

EDIT the Raven looks nice after art pass. Weapons as modules is great. But i think i'll sell mine, i never pilot it really, i use Heroes or Kit Foxes mostly.

EDIT OMG lol, had a game with a PGItest or some such (PGI faction). He got like 2 damage only. He used Nova.

EDIT i wonder if they could implement MASC partially. Something like flat speed boost, with cooldown (basically just like Sprint in most games). Limit it to relatively small amount, so that lights can't go too fast. Even a small boost would be still good for slow mechs.

https://transversegame.com/

I'm going to go with a resounding "no" to that.

To be honest, I'm not sure what this means for MWO. I'm not sure why PGI thinks they have the clout to ask for a million bucks to make a space MMO either, after...well, after MWO's delivery schedule. I hope that they don't divert too many resources to such a thing.

But hot damn did I laugh out loud after seeing that website. At least their hubris remains intact.

Wiktor

https://transversegame.com/

I'm going to go with a resounding "no" to that.

To be honest, I'm not sure what this means for MWO. I'm not sure why PGI thinks they have the clout to ask for a million bucks to make a space MMO either, after...well, after MWO's delivery schedule. I hope that they don't divert too many resources to such a thing.

But hot damn did I laugh out loud after seeing that website. At least their hubris remains intact.

The scary part is that they actually wanted to leech off Star Citizen success. Not only everything they shown is suspisciously similiar, but also they tried to purchase Wing Commander IP from EA.

EDIT: They actually own the Wing Commander IP (I pressume it's only for this one project, not the whole thing) and had since 2012.
That said, it looks like they reaping what they sow. 64 backers so far :D

The scary part is that they actually wanted to leech off Star Citizen success. Not only everything they shown is suspisciously similiar, but also they tried to purchase Wing Commander IP from EA.

EDIT: They actually own the Wing Commander IP (I pressume it's only for this one project, not the whole thing) and had since 2012.
That said, it looks like they reaping what they sow. 64 backers so far :D

Hot holy ding dong shit. I had no idea they had WC. That is...most unfortunate.

In the thread, they mention things like "full refunds to everyone if we can't get to 500k in 30 days." because that number will show solidarity or a desire for the concept or something.

I'm curious what happens if they hit something like 650k or any other number between the 50% mark and their goal. Just hold on to it and shrug?

Woorloog

Banned
Is MasamunelTA (or MasamuneITA) a GAFer or something else? I don't remember people names from matches so idea where i got the friend request.

Woorloog

Banned
I don't know why people think the Summoner is terrible. Perhaps they just compare it to the Timber Wolf which is perhaps one of the best battlemechs ever designed, in the Battletech universe, in the tabletop game, and in MWO. Pretty much everything looks meh compared to it.

But man, the Summoner is awesome machine on its own right. It is fast for a heavy and agile (and if JJs are buffed so that they can actually lift it up...) which helps a lot when finding a good direction to fire from, or when retreating. It is well armored despite not carrying the max armor, especially if one is careful, uses torso twisting and doesn't stand in fire. It does have a bit limited hardpoints but this promotes carrying a small powerful arsenal, and its mobility does make small arsenal effective, if you know how to use it. The ERPPC is especially good for the mech when one realizes how fast it can fire the PPC due to its innate recharge bonus with Prime right arm. I'm contemplating about buying the CERPPC cooldown module to make it even faster though heating may end up a concern.
And this is based on the stock loadout, which is rather effective as it is.

One might imagine one ton of LB-X ammo is too little but one should remember the weapon is a crit-seeker, not an armor-stripper, and in crit-seeking purpose one ton of ammo is adequate really, a well placed shot can easily cripple an enemy, and it isn't like you're going to kill or even cripple 12 mechs with this, so using two shots per enemy is usually enough.
Two tons of ammo for the LRM is not a terrible thing, as the weapon is rather useful in MWO, and effective. If one swaps the AC for the normal version (or once the ammo switching is implemented), swapping one ton of LRM ammo for extra AC ammo isn't a bad idea though.
(If you worry about the armor, move the head armor elsewhere. It is not like anyone is hitting its head due to its odd placement.)

Yes, it could be improved. Both in-universe and otherwise. Indeed in the Battletech universe, during the Dark Age era it received a successor called Grand Summoner though mostly called Thor II, which uses Endo-Steel and doesn't have fixed jump jets (but mounts them in most configs), ending up pretty much a straight upgrade, some silliness aside (LRM5 in addition to LRM15? What?).
But if you're looking for optimized mech, you're going to pass over the Summoner in the first place, aren't you?

---

In actual news: Community Warfare phase 2 early details:
Basically Clans vs IS. You start games via the Faction window, and in CW games you can only use mechs based on your side's tech (Clan or IS).
They intent to make faction warfare games longer, with bigger maps with gates, chokepoints and stuff, and possibly limited respawns.
There will be some kind of attack-defend system on the map screen, where people opt to defend and attack given locations.

And on Monday, 15th of this month, we'll get details about the Clan reinforcement pack (we talked about this above), which included 4 mechs plus something unique for those who have bought a certain level of the Clan pack.

Woorloog

Banned
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/171263-1-year-customer-appreciation-program/

TLDR version:
-If you have played 100 since Sept 17th 2013 and before Sept 23rd 2014, you get free stuff.
-If you have ever bought MC, including mech packages and being a Founder, you get a free mech, a Centurion variant (AH to be precise, one that was removed previously) with hero bonuses and unique paint job.
-If you have bought any pre-sale thing, including Founder's stuff, you get an Atlas (S variant, new).
-If you have bought Masakari collection plus Man o War package (details soon), you get unique Mad Dog.

More news soon, will post as they come. Also will add detail.

K.Jack

Holy fucking shit @ the customer appreciation rewards.

So I'm due for ALL OF THEM. The 2M c-bills + goods, the Cent, the Atlas, the King fucking Crab, and the free Mad Dog + variants since I'm buying the Man-o-War package.

Holy heck was IGP really the problem all along?

My mind is blown!!!!

I'm also really happy about the mechs they chose for Clan Wave 2. I get my Mist lynx, Ice Ferret, and the Gargoyle. So happy.

Woorloog

Banned
Also note that all banned players got unbanned... which made me wonder (after my brother noted this) if IGP had set certain guidelines.

EDIT i still won't pay one cent more for this game, not before i have incontrovertible proof PGI can make this a better game.

EDIT What does this mean to Mechwarrior Tactics?
EDIT Wait, what, that got cancelled?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_Tactics

Holy shit... IGP seriously seems to be the source of problems here.

rofl, I bought a founders pack for mwt and played a bit, but that shit was a broken mess so I forgot all about that lol. Well that was money down the drain.

Doubt I'd get any of the fan appreciation stuff since I stopped playing maybe right after ECM came out, but man did I love my lrm boat atlas and dragon

Woorloog

Banned
rofl, I bought a founders pack for mwt and played a bit, but that shit was a broken mess so I forgot all about that lol. Well that was money down the drain.

Doubt I'd get any of the fan appreciation stuff since I stopped playing maybe right after ECM came out, but man did I love my lrm boat atlas and dragon

You might want to check with your bank or something. I mean, what happened with tactics is borderline scam.
Probably won't do any good but... maybe?

As for MWO, it seems PGI is communicating with people much more now, and doing good things. Though i still won't pay them, as i noted. Not yet at least.

As for ECM and LRM boats, ECM may get tweaked soon, and LRMs dominate the game anyway at the moment (just use TAG). You might want to check how it is right now?
Dragon's are not in current meta though.

You might want to check with your bank or something. I mean, what happened with tactics is borderline scam.
Probably won't do any good but... maybe?

As for MWO, it seems PGI is communicating with people much more now, and doing good things. Though i still won't pay them, as i noted. Not yet at least.

As for ECM and LRM boats, ECM may get tweaked soon, and LRMs dominate the game anyway at the moment (just use TAG). You might want to check how it is right now?
Dragon's are not in current meta though.

yea I doubt anything will happen with the tactics since it was so long ago when I gave the funds. Ill check the game out sometime. The big problem I had was the rampant use of ssrm with ecm and lag, but the lag shouldve been fixed after I stopped. Ill check it out sometime.

Woorloog

Banned
yea I doubt anything will happen with the tactics since it was so long ago when I gave the funds. Ill check the game out sometime. The big problem I had was the rampant use of ssrm with ecm and lag, but the lag shouldve been fixed after I stopped. Ill check it out sometime.

ECM is something a problem at the moment, in a sense that the MM doesn't take it into account. If both teams had equal ECM, it wouldn't be so big deal, i think.
Streaks are not a big thing at the moment, not since the SRMs were fixed so that they actually deal their full damage. Streaks are something of a niche thing at the moment, i think. I use them in my Victor for close combat against lights but that's about it, otherwise i prefer normal SRMs.

There's currently an issue with desyncs if not lag...

Giolon

ECM is something a problem at the moment, in a sense that the MM doesn't take it into account. If both teams had equal ECM, it wouldn't be so big deal, i think.
Streaks are not a big thing at the moment, not since the SRMs were fixed so that they actually deal their full damage. Streaks are something of a niche thing at the moment, i think. I use them in my Victor for close combat against lights but that's about it, otherwise i prefer normal SRMs.

There's currently an issue with desyncs if not lag...

Yeah, SSRMs were fixed long ago when they made them not all hit CT anymore. Streaks aren't even a viable weapon anymore against anything but light mechs.

All this 1 year anniversary stuff is looking great. Too bad I'm so busy w/ Destiny atm.

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, SSRMs were fixed long ago when they made them not all hit CT anymore. Streaks aren't even a viable weapon anymore against anything but light mechs.

Well they're still fine damage additions against others too, in close combat. Downed a Summoner or something like it with them.
I don't generally speaking like IS Streaks (the Clan Streaks are OK sometimes), but i made an exception since my Victor needed some filler weapons (AC20 and 2xPPC as main weapons).

K.Jack

The Ice Ferret seriously might be an OP light hunter. I love it. I'm really hoping they use Alt. Config. D, because running at 141.9kph with its 4x cMPL would be an absolute terror.

As a guy whose almost exclusively a medium pilot, that's the mech which excites me the most.

Woorloog

Banned
I got my Summoner already, don't really need anything else, though i have no money to master it, bought Awesome but didn't like it, bought Victor, want to try a Banshee, want Vindicators, perhaps a new Blackjack...
I will get the Timber Wolf when it is available for C-bills of course. EDIT also want a Nova. Like the trial one.

Mostly i'm interested in the Mad Dog, too bad it takes so long to get it...

Nice to get a Centurion that's basically Yen-Lo-Wang though, and an Atlas even though i'm not an assault pilot really (Victor is basically big Summoner so it works for me).

BTW, should we form a GAF clan for MWO?

Top Bottom