• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 02/16 - 02/22

Laguna said:
What was Sonys last PS3 game, have they even released a game yet this year?
Yeah, see, Sony has this magical thing called "third parties", which Nintendo could have had too if they hadn't spent the better part of the last 20 years being complete pricks to them.

ayrkain

Laguna said:
Ok, I totally forgot this From Software game, anything else? Just curious.

Probably White Knight Chronicles... I dunno. (Obviously not this year... sorry, just the last one I could think of)

Laguna

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Yeah, see, Sony has this magical thing called "third parties", which Nintendo could have had too if they hadn't spent the better part of the last 20 years being complete pricks to them.

Sad that after RE5 the magic will be invisible for a while. It´s not a secret that actually the only thing that is holding the Sonyplattforms afloat are 3rd parties since Sony themselves are incompetent that was never set in question.

donny2112

Y2Kev said:
It's likely that Tales will get a main iteration on PSP

Maybe a port of the Wii game?

*rimshot*

Segata Sanshiro said:

I know I'm being picky, but can you really say the "better part" of the last 20 years? Also, what constitutes "being complete pricks"? I know charlequin thinks Nintendo should've outright bought more games for the Wii, so is that part of your definition of "complete pricks"?

markatisu

Segata Sanshiro said:

So when is Sony going to use them? Seems they blew their load unless they have a whole slew in the pipeline

Also Nintendo has not needed that magic power because they have a superior magic power called first party

Laguna said:
Sad that after RE5 the magic will be invisible for a while. It´s not a secret that actually the only thing that is holding the Sonyplattforms afloat are 3rd parties since Sony themselves are incompetent that was never set in question.
The bottom line is this: very few people that actually *like* video games would take the Wii's last six months of software over *either* of the other two systems, all things being equal.

This turn of events is entirely Nintendo's fault for being complacent and just trying to coast, and as a Wii owner, I sincerely hope this is a wake-up call for them to smarten the fuck up, because this shit? It's getting fucking ridiculous over here.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Laguna said:

This doesnt make Nintendo look any less retarded

markatisu

This turn of events is entirely Nintendo's fault for being complacent and just trying to coast, and as a Wii owner, I sincerely hope this is a wake-up call for them to smarten the fuck up, because this shit? It's getting fucking ridiculous over here.

I am sure many here would agree, even Iwata agrees with that point they missed the mark and need to do something

markatisu said:
So when is Sony going to use them? Seems they blew their load unless they have a whole slew in the pipeline

Also Nintendo has not needed that magic power because they have a superior magic power called first party
Yeah Nintendo's first party software seems to have things under lock and key on the Wii. No one's complaining, sales are soaring, Japan is basking in the awesome contented glory of Nintendo's great first party software. Just look at that top 10!

*This* attitude of "Nintendo doesn't need third parties" is part of the problem.

test_account

XP-39C²
bmf said:
Hey guys......

SexyFlanders.gif
"Feels like i'm wearing nothing at all, nothing at all, NOTHING AT ALL", i think it is cool when Flanders say this in this Simpsons episode :)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
markatisu said:

Well then Nintendo better buy some more fucking studios, cause the dry spell is getting stupid.

markatisu

Segata Sanshiro said:
Just look at that top 10!

*This* attitude of "Nintendo doesn't need third parties" is part of the problem.

When Wii Fit makes more money/revenue then several of the Top 10 combined do they need to hold all 10 spots?

Nintendo does not really need third parties, third parties certainly did not make the Wii what it is and if Nintendo would release more games that would most likely still be the case with Wii doing DS/PSP level #'s

markatisu said:
When Wii Fit makes more money/revenue then several of the Top 10 combined do they need to hold all 10 spots?

Nintendo does not really need third parties, third parties certainly did not make the Wii what it is and if Nintendo would release more games that would most likely still be the case with Wii doing DS/PSP level #'s
Yes, well, we don't live in that fantasy world where Nintendo *didn't* fuck up their Wii release schedule, sadly.

Link

The Autumn Wind
schuelma said:
There is a difference between thinking Wii hardware sales are going to be extremely low now and thinking they will be extremely low for good.
I really don't see things turning around.

markatisu said:
Well you are chastised for completely different reasons chicken little
If you think 12k a week without anything on the horizon to bring sales back up and stay there isn't the sky falling, then have fun in your fairytale world.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
markatisu said:

So the fact that Nintendo has done the bare minimum to get third parties on the system isnt their fault? Are they fucking misers? They have the cash and the leverage to get third parties really going on the system but they dont care. Or are you happy with just Wii Fit?

donny2112

markatisu said:
Nintendo does not really need third parties,

No, Nintendo doesn't. The GameCube certainly showed that. However a fuller and more rounded lineup (which third-parties are a key part in providing) is necessary for the Wii to reach its potential.

From the IGN podcast, Motion+ has been delayed again. Wii is so screwed in Japan. :lol :(

markatisu

Yes, well, we don't live in that fantasy world where Nintendo *didn't* fuck up their Wii release schedule, sadly.

It will be interesting to see what happens next

Link said:
If you think 12k a week without anything on the horizon to bring sales back up and stay there isn't the sky falling, then have fun in your fairytale world.

In your world Nintendo would be delisted tomorrow and go third party because they have completely given up Japan, we know thats not the case and that Nintendo realizes they botched things

If Wii Motion + launches in May as it should and still Wii is hovering around 20k then I will entertain your depressing as hell pessimistic views

Someone should tell EA Wii Motion + was delayed because as of yesterday they are saying its coming before June 18th

Or are you happy with just Wii Fit?

I live in the US so I am happy with MadWorld and HoTD Overkill, because the US does have 3rd party support :lol

Link

The Autumn Wind
markatisu said:
In your world Nintendo would be delisted tomorrow and go third party because they have completely given up Japan, we know thats not the case and that Nintendo
I'm not saying that at all. Nintendo is still profitable as hell. But the Wii is never going to sell anywhere near the PS2 (or even the PSP) and it's never going to have the lion's share of third party support.

If Wii Motion + launches in May as it should and still Wii is hovering around 20k then I will entertain your depressing as hell pessimistic views
Motion + alone is not going to do anything for sales. It's going to depend on what software supports it. Sure, Wii Sports Resort is going to sell huge, but will it sell hardware? It's most likely just going to sell the the established Wii Sports userbase.

markatisu

Spiegel said:
What?

Maybe it's only delayed outside of Japan?

I also want to know how you can delay something that has no real release date

We all know it will be available either before or after E3 which is in May regardless of what Nintendo says now

I mean it is still 3 months away and we all know Nintendo likes to talk about things 2 weeks before they come out

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Link said:
I'm not saying that at all. Nintendo is still profitable as hell. But the Wii is never going to sell anywhere near the PS2 (or even the PSP) and it's never going to have the lion's share of third party support.

I don't think you can say that with any certainty.

donny2112

Spiegel said:
What?

Maybe it's only delayed outside of Japan?

Here's the relevant section.

Aaron Strife said:
- Nintendo is still tweaking MotionPlus, and will delay the release past June.
- Wii Sports Resort will be an 8 game title, not 10.
- The swordfighting from WSR is good, as was the dog frisbee thing.
- Hard to tell if WiiMotion delay will delay the EA games as well.

If that's taken at face value, it indicates a worldwide delay. However, I guess it's possible they were going off of a staggered release schedule initially, so a Japanese delay to June would mean a U.S. delay after June. Now I'm glad The Conduit isn't using Motion+. :D

markatisu

donny2112 said:
If that's taken at face value, it indicates a worldwide delay. However, I guess it's possible they were going off of a staggered release schedule initially, so a Japanese delay to June would mean a U.S. delay after June. Now I'm glad The Conduit isn't using Motion+. Waiting until June for that was going to bad enough. :lol

E3 will be interesting since they showed Wii Sports Resort last year, unless they have some major games that will support it coming at GDC and E3

and like i said someone needs to tell EA because they are actively telling people the add-on will be out to take advantage of their games :lol

donny2112

Regulus Tera said:
Time for NCL to make a Wii Sports bundle.

That and/or drop the price to 20,000 Yen. If they were counting on Motion+ related stuff to boost them soon and that's getting delayed, a price drop is about all they can do in a quick fashion. It would also serve to help clear out stock in case they had SKU changing plans coming up.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
donny2112 said:
That and/or drop the price to 20,000 Yen. If they were counting on Motion+ related stuff to boost them soon and that's getting delayed, a price drop is about all they can do in a quick fashion. It would also serve to help clear out stock in case they had SKU changing plans coming up.

It seems to me that Wii Sports is the reason why North American and European sales of the console are still at near launch levels. I fathom that, had Nintendo bundled it in Japan too, the situation wouldn't be that dissimilar with the other territories.

Segata Sanshiro said:
The bottom line is this: very few people that actually *like* video games would take the Wii's last six months of software over *either* of the other two systems, all things being equal.

preach it brother

This is probably the most missed opportunity in the history of "comebacks".

"Hey we got all these kickass hardware sales should we maybe try to keep them with some software that appeals to our entire demographic rather than keep focusing on one?"

"Nah dawg we got it, wii music and animal crossing. Just mention zelda is coming or some shit and that'll be enough for the core."

Laguna

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:

You don´t seem to get the point. It´s just downright delusional to call out Nintendo for not releasing "evergreens" or "mega-hits" on a regular basis that´s ridiculous, since it´s actually only one publisher and those kind of games take their time to develop. Like I said before it´s like asking Sony to release software like GT5 every 3-5 months. It´s only logical that Nintendo alone can´t deliver as much as most 3rd party publishers together :lol . And it´s also not like Nintendo can obligate 3rd party to do what they want either, especially when they have to promote the hell out of their games that were in development for years right now.

Link

The Autumn Wind
schuelma said:
I don't think you can say that with any certainty.
Not complete certainty, but the PSP has been getting much more consistent third party support, and that doesn't look to be changing. Why would third parties bother with the Wii when they can just use their PS2 engines for the PSP instead and not have to worry about adding in motion support?

HK-47 said:
So the fact that Nintendo has done the bare minimum to get third parties on the system isnt their fault?
Isn't it quite a bit of the opposite of last generation? Wasn't Nintendo falling over itself trying to get 3rd parties onto the Gamecube, only to be left deserted because Sony had the market leading console? Maybe Nintendo's position has become that since they're the market leading console, 3rd parties will come to them.

markatisu

bmf said:
Isn't it quite a bit of the opposite of last generation? Wasn't Nintendo falling over itself trying to get 3rd parties onto the Gamecube, only to be left deserted because Sony had the market leading console? Maybe Nintendo's position has become that since they're the market leading console, 3rd parties will come to them.

Only problem is that currently its not working out that way (that we know of anyway)

Laguna

Banned
markatisu said:
Only problem is that currently its not working out that way (that we know of anyway)

Atleast way announced some niche titles like Tales of Ten, MH3 and the most niche Dragon Quest X ;) Most likely there won´t be any announcement after the recondirmation of Crystal Bearers. Honestly some people here are really incredible...

Link said:
Not complete certainty, but the PSP has been getting much more consistent third party support, and that doesn't look to be changing. Why would third parties bother with the Wii when they can just use their PS2 engines for the PSP instead and not have to worry about adding in motion support?

You know Japan>World or was it the other way around? ;)

m3k

Im not looking at media create all the time but what has the wii got coming for it in japan relatively soon... or is nintendo's iron curtain down until e3?

is there anything remotely interesting coming out?

d+pad

Segata Sanshiro said:

No shit. As a long-time (20+ years) gamer and Wii owner, I'm completely pissed at Nintendo for their actions of the past year. Where the fuck are the games?!?! And if they can't make them on their own, why don't they hire people - or buy companies - that can? Honestly, it makes no sense.

Opiate

I think Link's pessimism isn't unreasonable. I believe that Nintendo needs an overwhelming command of the market to lure third parties over: if things are split down the middle between Nintendo and Sony, the vast majority of third parties will choose the Sony platform.

The Wii needs to outsell the PS3 3:1 or more, I expect, consistently, to force companies to make games for it. That isn't happening, and it won't happen soon.

The third party support it has already acquired likely isn't going anywhere, but bringing in more at this point will be a very hard sell. Yakuza on PS3 just sold better than any third party Wii game's first week in over a year. Third parties notice these things.

Top Bottom