• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 08/04 - 08/10

Good Numbers for Tales (compared to the install base anyway). Here's hoping it has some legs next week. Here's also hoping for some good numbers when released in US.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
cartoon_soldier said:
Good Numbers for Tales (compared to the install base anyway). Here's hoping it has some legs next week. Here's also hoping for some good numbers when released in US.

At the very least, it should not be a bomb like Abyss and Tales of the World.

icecream

Public Health Threat
rykomatsu said:
Code Geass @ #12 is one of the higher placing adv games based on an anime in recent years, isn't it?
Based only on an anime perhaps. But hardly one of the higher placing ADVs in total.

Error said:
do those Vesperia numbers include the bundle? 108k is not bad at all, but I was predicting 120k at least.
I'll hit 120K next week. Namco should be happy.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
I dunno, V is basically still the most popular, in terms of being a fan favourite, so I think VI might not sell as much this time around.
It does have the added benefit of not being remade before though, it could do well if it's like the other first remakes and significantly changes DQVI. Hopefully Horii does something more with it than DQIV/V like he said he would.

icecream said:
I'll hit 120K next week. Namco should be happy.
Where did B-N break down what they expected it to do in Japan? I've been trying to find it my-self but I had no such luck.

Jammy

Banned
As much as Wario Ware: Shake It! has flopped, it's consistently sold ~20,000 for the past three weeks. I'd say its sales are at ~65,000 now. Hopefully it can keep the pace up for several more weeks.

DiddyBop

looks like the 360 is going to beat the ps3 this week in japan and in the NDP race this month, good showing by MS.

glad to see the psp software continue to infiltrate the charts more often.

ampere

04. [360] Tales of Vesperia (Namco Bandai) 108,000 / NEW
Wow...
I saw the pictures of the people waiting in line but still. I don't understand it, to me the Tales games are very boring. I could never imagine purchasing a console for one of its installments.
Now that you have 360s buy Halo 3, light up Japan! I never see more than one or two lights :(

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I'm really happy about RTG's legs, seems like it's getting a lot of good word of mouth.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Not sure if everyone saw this from the last thread. It gives you an idea of possibly what to expect:

mc-7-consoles-YOY2-weekly-88.png

I had to remove the Wii line so you could see the 360 line hiding down there.

Miburou

#18 is Monsterfarm DS2. Yomigaeru! Master breeder densetsu (legend of Master breeder)
#19 is beautiful letter training
#27 is Densetsu no Staafi

dunno what #16 is. too many difficult kanji for me.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
You don't even want to know what Google Translate thought letter training was, but I'll tell you this: Fundamental Christians would vote against it.

sprsk

You might as well translate "beautiful letter" training as "Penmanship" training. It just teaches you how to write kanji properly.

icecream

Public Health Threat
ciaossu said:
Now that you have 360s buy Halo 3, light up Japan! I never see more than one or two lights :(
Oh, I can think of more than 1-2 players who would play Halo 3 in Japan >_>

jj984jj said:
Where did B-N break down what they expected it to do in Japan?
It was stated by sinobi.

Jonnyram

ciaossu said:
Wow...
I saw the pictures of the people waiting in line but still. I don't understand it, to me the Tales games are very boring. I could never imagine purchasing a console for one of its installments.
Lots of Japanese gamers bought a GC for Symphonia too.

S/W 1. Tales of Symphonia (Namco) 193,500
H/W 2. GameCube (Nintendo) 35,600

That was a pretty big hardware bump back then too.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I never explained the chart in the OP, regarding Tales Of.... But it shows the Top 10 for the series, with the GCN Symphonia sitting at 311k.

Is it possible for Vesperia to even SNIFF 300k? I bet it climaxes around 158k LTD.

This would be a perfect time for JJS to post his projectile charts. I love those things.

Jonnyram

sp0rsk said:
You might as well translate "beautiful letter" training as "Penmanship" training. It just teaches you how to write kanji properly.
No, it teaches you how to write kanji beautifully. It's not a kanji trainer, it's a calligraphy trainer.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
^ thanks d00d.

Anybody have additional FE data not found on Garaph? Here's what I have:

GBA Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword 345,574
GBA Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword 265,286
GBA Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones 236,370
GCN Fire Emblem: Souen no Kiseki 156,413
Wii Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn 171,924

Famitsu.

jimbo

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Not sure if everyone saw this from the last thread. It gives you an idea of possibly what to expect:

mc-7-consoles-YOY2-weekly-88.png

I had to remove the Wii line so you could see the 360 line hiding down there.

You should flip the 07 and 08 colors if you can. Make PS3 08 red, Xbox 360 08 bright green.

cvxfreak

Fantastic sales for Vesperia and the 360 this week. It's a low number for the series, but seeing the quick turnaround for the NA and European releases (compared to the Wii game), Vesperia is clearly another Symphonia for Bandai Namco, relying upon western sales to bring the dough in.

Great to see Fatal Frame hanging in there - that should be it at around 40k now, so it looks like it's going to have a LTD slightly lower than the previous two installments but still in line with expectations for the series.

sprsk

Jonnyram said:
No, it teaches you how to write kanji beautifully. It's not a kanji trainer, it's a calligraphy trainer.

I thought it just taught you how to write with the proper proportions? I guess it is still calligraphy though.

Neomoto

Fire Emblem -- Fuck Yeah!
Rhythm Tengoku Gold - Awesome, awesome sales (especially compared to the first one)
Tales of Vesperia did awesome too, as well as PSUP
DQ V at 1 million is great too
Wario Land: Shake It seems to have great legs

Excellent sales overall this week

I'm very happy to see Wario Land hanging in there. Looks like it might not bomb as badly as it first appeared. Anyone know what the LTD was for Wario World on Gamecube?

Oof. Hopefully Shake It has longer legs or does considerably better in other regions. It's been so long since Nintendo bothered with a traditional 2D console game, I'd really be bummed if Wario Land 5 turned them off from risking another.

:(

That's certainly a bad start for Sangokushi Taisen Ten...Famitsu vs MC data though since Famitsu data for this week isn't here yet.

Sangokushi Taisen DS - 83,011 (LTD: 162,765)
Sangokushi Taisen Ten - 33,000

Also slightly lower for Summon Night...Famitsu vs MC again. Going by PS versions, guess less people played the first one led to better numbers for the port.

Summon Night - 43,842
Summon Night 2 - 30,000

Fire Emblem doing really great matching best GBA entry first week, and this is just a remake of the first one (1990 NES).

Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - 126,267 (LTD: 345,574)
Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword - 109,429 (LTD: 265,286)
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - 146,026 (LTD: 246,719)
Fire Emblem: Shin Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Ken - 147,000

Phantasy Star Portable just obliterating previous titles, despite being based on PSU. No data for older titles than DC PSO though.

DC Phantasy Star Online - LTD: 185,364
DC Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 - LTD: 167,345
GC Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II - LTD: 138,277
PS2 Phantasy Star Universe - LTD: 188,961
PSP Phantasy Star Portable - ~440,000

About Namdai titles, going by their own expectations (shipments until 31 March 2009) ToV and DBZ seem to be in a similar place, both relying on US or EU to make 300-350k to meet 500k expectations. Family Trainer on Wii too seems to need around 400k between both US and EU. SCIV has shipped 2m already, and the sell through in Japan seems to have exceeded SCIII LTD numbers this week so its going pretty well. I still wonder when will they announce the Gundam PSP title for the 2nd semester expected to ship 400k just in Japan.

gtj1092 said:
Is soul caliber 4 now the best selling installment of the series in Japan?
Nope, not even near. Series went downhill big time last generation (as many other fighting series though). All LTD ahead:

PS Soul Edge - 419,965
DC Soul Calibur - 288,604
PS2 Soul Calibur II - 144,948
GCN Soul Calibur II - 99,256
XBX Soul Calibur II - 31,815
PS2 Soul Calibur III - 134,868

PS3 Soul Calibur IV - ~100k by now (doing similar to PS2 SC2)
360 Soul Calibur IV - ~45k by now (doing between GC-XBX SC2)

gtj1092

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Nope, not even near. Series went downhill big time last generation (as many other fighting series though). All LTD ahead:

PS Soul Edge - 419,965
DC Soul Calibur - 288,604
PS2 Soul Calibur II - 144,948
GCN Soul Calibur II - 99,256
XBX Soul Calibur II - 31,815
PS2 Soul Calibur III - 134,868

PS3 Soul Calibur IV - ~100k by now (doing similar to PS2 SC2)
360 Soul Calibur IV - ~45k by now (doing between GC-XBX SC2)

<---------Weeps for fighting games :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I was going to say "what a shitty debut for Monster Farm/Rancher DS2", but then I realized that the series has been this dead for a long time.

Anybody have additional FE data not found on Garaph? Here's what I have:

GBA Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword 345,574
GBA Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword 265,286
GBA Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones 236,370
GCN Fire Emblem: Souen no Kiseki 156,413
Wii Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn 171,924

Ahem, IntSys? This here is telling you to put your FE games on handhelds. I, for one, concur with this.

Paracelsus said:
I wonder how bad will Tekken 6 perform in Japan, considering people already consumed arcade version and such. <_<

it's going to be multi on PS3 and 360 in the west. it should reach Tekken 5 numbers.

gtj1092

I hope it does at least does 200K but I doubt it. Is it popular in the arcades there? If so that might help but its not like arcades are what they once were.

Just hope these games are successful enough for them to continue to make at least sequels. Would love for them to be hugely successful so that we might see the birth of new franchises but Ill settle for sequels to existing hits if that is all i can get.

I wonder if I can contract Yu Suzuki(im sure he has plenty of time in between tapping pencils:D ) for a fighting vipers sequel.

RpgN

Excellent sales this week. Phantasy star portable on top for the second week is quite a surprise, Fire Emblem having a strong first week is a great sign compared to Wii/gamecube sales, TOV did well on the xbox 360 and managed to sell more consoles= impressive, Fatal Frame IV is still hanging in there along with SCIV. Oh and DQV selling gangbusters as usual.

Great week for software sales on all hardware.

Paracelsus

solid2snake said:
it's going to be multi on PS3 and 360 in the west

Wada new NB president confirmed?

Nah, I think it'll be more like Virtua Fighter 5. Timed exclusive. Namco so far kept some exclusive game for each platform.

botticus

Nice sales all around. Big discrepancy between Famitsu and MC on PSP. Looking forward to the full Famitsu numbers for a Fatal Frame update.

Top Bottom