• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 10/1 - 10/7 2007

Well at least Aisya is still cute.

Hopefully she'll star in a bunch of DS spin-offs where you can buy outfits and go on wacky adventures.

mr stroke

wow I am really suprised by the Halo "hero to zero"
I thought the game would have legs, but to have it completely disapear is amazing

Raw64life and Jonnyram: please check your PMs for previous weeks' generated OT contents. Thanks.

Also, thanks to all who welcomed me back. :D

ethelred said:
A Nintendo published game developed by Hironobu Sakaguchi's Mistwalker Studio, over two years in development... yeah, it was. 140,000 copies were ordered by retailers.

Oh. For the longest time I thought it was vaporware :lol

ethelred

AdmiralViscen said:
Oh. For the longest time I thought it was vaporware :lol

Really? In the face of the stunning media blitzkreig put forth to market the game? It was a regular shock & awe P.R. offensive. How could you have thought that?

ethelred said:
Really? In the face of the stunning media blitzkreig put forth to market the game? It was a regular shock & awe P.R. offensive. How could you have thought that?

Because I don't click Famitsu scan threads?

Was there some big Comedy Central commercial run that I was supposed to see?

AdmiralViscen said:
Because I don't click Famitsu scan threads?

Was there some big Comedy Central commercial run that I was supposed to see?

Sarcasm meter. Fix it.

Seriously, yeah, it was vaporware for quite a while. There were a few screens released way back in October 2005 when it was first announced, and then absolutely nothing until the last few months.

Father_Brain said:
Sarcasm meter. Fix it.

Seriously, yeah, it was vaporware for quite a while. There were a few screens released way back in October 2005 when it was first announced, and then absolutely nothing until the last few months.

...How am I supposed to know it's sarcastic if I don't click Famitsu threads? What he said meshed with Forgotten Ancient's post. I have absolutely no idea if the game had a lot or a little marketing. I'd imagine it had a lot if poor sales are surprising.

AdmiralViscen said:
...How am I supposed to know it's sarcastic if I don't click Famitsu threads? What he said meshed with Forgotten Ancient's post. I have absolutely no idea if the game had a lot or a little marketing. I'd imagine it had a lot if poor sales are surprising.

Sorry. I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, anyway.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Forgotten Ancient said:
Has it been announced for the US? Seeing this have poor first week sales is making me nervous. :(

It has not been announced for the US
ethelred said:
A Nintendo published game developed by Hironobu Sakaguchi's Mistwalker Studio, over two years in development... yeah, it was. 140,000 copies were ordered by retailers.

"Legs?" Well, depends what you mean. As retailers continue to slash the price on the game, they'll burn through most of the copies clogging up the channel. But no retailer anywhere is going to order any more of this game.

It's the exact same issue I highlighted with IAWW, but no one wanted to listen to me then.
I meant legs as in "the game will sell consistently and retailers will order more copies. Which obviously the answer is no :/

Schrade

GameDaily.biz is reporting Famitsu's numbers (Month of September) for hardware as such:

PSP: 529,297 (448,000 being the PSP Slim & Lite)
NDS: 391,752
Wii: 168,220
PS2: 69,400
PS3: 66,444
360: 13,242

And Halo 3 is at 61,143

Is there anything to be happy about in these numbers? Every angle seems like I'd be reaching. :/

Is Japan really waiting for Wii Fit?

cbjars

speculawyer said:
Halo 3 totally gone from the list after being #1 the previous week? Wow. Japanese are really the flash fad people.

Nah i think all the forgiens in Japan already brought their copy of Halo 3

larvi

I understand that one of the things that hurt ASH sales was that it was priced higher than normal for a DS game.

Odysseus

Banned
Schrade said:
GameDaily.biz is reporting Famitsu's numbers for hardware as such:

And Halo 3 is at 61,143

those sales are for the month of september, and this thread concerns the first week of october.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Schrade said:
GameDaily.biz is reporting Famitsu's numbers for hardware as such:

And Halo 3 is at 61,143
The PSP actually sold more than three times as much as the Wii in Japan during September as the new slim model and software like Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII drove sales. The Wii meanwhile saw a dip in sales, although Wii Sports did pass the 2 million units milestone.
rif.org

Checking past threads for DBZ comparison...

PS2 DBZBT2: 263,897
Wii DBZBT2: 66,906

Both down from last year. PS2 more by units, Wii more by percent.

ShockingAlberto said:
Looks like PS2 owners haven't changed to the Wii in Japan.
Where 60K of last year's PS2 buyers and 25K of last year's Wii buyers went is a mystery. If you have any information on this or any of the other mysteries from tonight's show please call 1-800-876-5353.

Innotech

Banned
I really doubt Nintendo is losing much sleep over PSP2000 outselling it for a few weeks.
The gap is still widening...more like...oh forget it.

Jcgamer60

Innotech said:
Mario is a wildcard now. NSMB yes, but how will SMG sell? thats the important question.

Hmm... Are the Reports of over 400k preorders for this game in japan true? I remember reading about that in a previous thread.

Jcgamer60 said:
Hmm... Are the Reports of over 400k preorders for this game in japan true? I remember reading about that in a previous thread.
700K retail preorders, so that's what should be on stores day one.

Jiggy

JoshuaJSlone said:
Checking past threads for DBZ comparison...

PS2 DBZBT2: 263,897
Wii DBZBT2: 66,906

Both down from last year. PS2 more by units, Wii more by percent.

Where 60K of last year's PS2 buyers and 25K of last year's Wii buyers went is a mystery. If you have any information on this or any of the other mysteries from tonight's show please call 1-800-876-5353.
Following over Atari's (US) forums for the past five months or so because I liked BT2, it could be one of these things:

-BT3 story mode is extremely short whereas BT2's was really lengthy for a fighting game (around 15 hours)
-(Wii only) A lot of people who didn't buy BT2 on Wii think that it was only playable with motion controls (this I know since I've corrected several people about it), and it may be that they're turned off by that thought
-There are a number of disillusioned people floating around the BT3 forums who think this game is "BT 2.25" (and I'm one of them, incidentally)
-(PS2 only) Some feel betrayed that the Wii version is online even though the PS2 had been the major home to the major DBZ fighters for five games running
-By now the series is adding mostly filler characters from the series; nearly all major characters have already been put in, reducing the force of that selling point

Innotech

Banned
I guess 700k preorders is pretty good. but only a fraction of that is likely to sell on the first week. It will definitely move a ton of Wiis though so I guess thats great news. I dont see it being remotely as sccessful as NSMB though.

apujanata

Welcome back, cheese.

Poor ASH. Seems like SRPG is still a niche market in Japan, compared to RPG. Hope it has legs.
Wow at Halo 3 having no legs at all.

Lobster

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Crisis Core :(

I was hoping this would become the highest selling PSP game ever, boy was I wrong.

FF spin offs drop pretty quickly. Check out Revenant Wings..had a great launch, dropped like a rock tied to a piano.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Lobster said:
FF spin offs drop pretty quickly. Check out Revenant Wings..had a great launch, dropped like a rock tied to a piano.

I was hoping for something different in this case, with the game selling well forever and becoming the highest selling PSP game in Japan (because we all know the USA release will likely get that record).

Top Bottom