• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 10/29 - 11/4 2007

charlequin said:
Well, what I see so far is the overall amount of software being sold comparing well between Wii and DS, but that's not necessarily the whole story. My claim has more to do with what demographics are being hit -- something that overall sales trends obviously won't reveal. I'll see if I can put some numbers together for the coming week's thread.
These are probably not the splits you mean, but I've split things into a few different groups using numbers from the week before SMG, since we still don't have the final Famitsu figures. http://joshuajamesslone.name/gamecharting/testsoftwaredswii.php?weeknum=47

DS year 1 has some big nontraditinal titles in Nintendogs (741K), Brain Age (703K), and Big Brain Academy (612K). If we count Wii Sports as something of the same cloth, it's done as well as those three put together (2.06M). The closest to actually being one of those games would be BBA Wii Degree, though, which hasn't done nearly as well (194K).

Then there are Nintendo-made mini-game titles. I'll ignore Wii Play. On the DS side WarioWare Touched is the most successful game on the system (788K). On the Wii side #2 Mario Party (870K) and #4 WarioWare (462K) are near the top.

Then there are more traditional Nintendo-published games, and sequels to old franchises. On the DS there's SM64DS (719K), Jump Super Stars (404K), Pokémon Dash (274K), and Kirby Canvas Curse (208K). On the Wii side there's Twilight Princess (534K), Super Paper Mario (449K), Pokémon Battle Revolution (279K), and Fire Emblem (153K).

Then there are third party games. The big DS games are Tamagotchi Connection (308K), Naruto SND3 (174K), and Naruto RPG2 (90K). The big Wii games are Dragon Quest Swords (453K), DBZ BT2 (158K), and Ennichi no Tatsujin (105K).

In none of these categories do things seem to vary greatly from one system to another. Wii has less edutainment, but a big non-standard hit in Wii Sports. Wii has more successful Nintendo minigame collections, unless we count the minigame portion of SM64DS. Traditional Nintendo type games seem even. Wii has seen bigger third party success thanks to the Dragon Quest name, but in both cases the lists are pretty full of anime licensed stuff hanging around and under 100K.

Eteric Rice

I think the Wii might need a big hardcore game to turn heads in terms of the hardcore.

Dunno what that game could be, but I think it would help a lot.

Oh, yeah... Nintendo should try to get DQX.

Xeke

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
These are probably not the splits you mean, but I've split things into a few different groups using numbers from the week before SMG, since we still don't have the final Famitsu figures. http://joshuajamesslone.name/gamecharting/testsoftwaredswii.php?weeknum=47

DS year 1 has some big nontraditinal titles in Nintendogs (741K), Brain Age (703K), and Big Brain Academy (612K). If we count Wii Sports as something of the same cloth, it's done as well as those three put together (2.06M). The closest to actually being one of those games would be BBA Wii Degree, though, which hasn't done nearly as well (194K).

Then there are Nintendo-made mini-game titles. I'll ignore Wii Play. On the DS side WarioWare Touched is the most successful game on the system (788K). On the Wii side #2 Mario Party (870K) and #4 WarioWare (462K) are near the top.

Then there are more traditional Nintendo-published games, and sequels to old franchises. On the DS there's SM64DS (719K), Jump Super Stars (404K), Pokémon Dash (274K), and Kirby Canvas Curse (208K). On the Wii side there's Twilight Princess (534K), Super Paper Mario (449K), Pokémon Battle Revolution (279K), and Fire Emblem (153K).

Then there are third party games. The big DS games are Tamagotchi Connection (308K), Naruto SND3 (174K), and Naruto RPG2 (90K). The big Wii games are Dragon Quest Swords (453K), DBZ BT2 (158K), and Ennichi no Tatsujin (105K).

In none of these categories do things seem to vary greatly from one system to another. Wii has less edutainment, but a big non-standard hit in Wii Sports. Wii has more successful Nintendo minigame collections, unless we count the minigame portion of SM64DS. Traditional Nintendo type games seem even. Wii has seen bigger third party success thanks to the Dragon Quest name, but in both cases the lists are pretty full of anime licensed stuff hanging around and under 100K.

Thank you for that wonderful comparison. I think people tend to forget what the DS was like for most of year 1.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
1.Mario Party DS 242000
2.Musou PS3 176000
3.SMG 78000(335000)
4.Musou360 27000
5.FFTA2 24000(235000)
6.Castlevania PSP 20000
7.Wii Sports 18000(2091000)
8.Nishimura Kyotaro  16000(112000)
9.Wii Play 15000(1648000)
10.Mario Kart DS 13000(2528000)

New titles
15.Ratchet & Clank Future 11000
18.NBAPS2 8400
20.GRAW2 PS3 8100
....Yosumin 4200
....Just Cause 360 4000
....NBAPS3 3800
....NBAPSP 2600
....Tiger 600
....NBA360 600

Other titles
11.Pokemon MD 13000(1042000)
13.Literatue Collection 12000(91000)
15.Household Diary 10000(277000)
17.Ace Combat 6 8900(75000)
19.Gundam Battle Chronicle 8100(188000)
23.Mario Party 8 6800(884000)
29.Ghost Squad 5600(30000)
30.Ar Tonelico 2 5500(87000)

I reposted all since I think its pretty lost in the thread by now....

What it is incredible is that Wii Sports and Wii Play are still in the top 10. And why these stupid damned Mario Partys sells so well ? AT least this one is not crap..

Lobster said:
Looks like there are new Wii owners thanks to Galaxy. People bought Galaxy and they also bought Wii Play and Wii Sports. Oh and Ghost Squad is doing fairly well. If it keeps selling 4-5k per week for a while it could hit 50k.

Another thing I don't understand is how you fanboy are always so optimistic about Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft/<insert name>

Personally I see a new trend. It is only a trend, but I see it. Am I the only one ?

Xeke said:
Thank you for that wonderful comparison. I think people tend to forget what the DS was like for most of year 1.

I agree, but the problem that it is hard to accept that a game like Super Mario Galaxy "bombs". Mostly because it is the renaissance of the 3D Mario since Super Mario 64. I think that people expected at least 1 million.

Tiktaalik

One strong difference that I see between the DS and the Wii so far when it comes to casual gamers, is the rate at which the games have been released. The Nintendo DS managed this flow quite well, and I think this was good for keeping the DS in the news and keeping a strong buzz around it. The Wii on the other hand hasn't had as steady of a flow of games appealing to the casual market. As well the DS did a good job of surrounding more hardcore releases with casual releases, so when a casual gamer went in to get Brain Age 2, they would also see hardcore games on the shelf that may have interested them. A Wii gamer at this moment isn't at the game store to see Mario Galaxy because there isn't some casual game that they're there to pick up; they just bought Wii Sports at launch.

I think the worst case scenario for Nintendo is that because of the poor distribution of casual games for the Wii, the Wii has lost it's buzz too soon, and has perhaps been relegated to the back of the closet as a gimmick already. That statement is a big leap of course and likely an exaggeration, and since I don't live in Japan I can't gauge what's actually going on, but I couldn't help but notice a difference in the release lists. If I have a horrible selective memory please fill in the gaps of games I've missed.

DS:
Nintendogs April 05
Brain Age May 05
Big Brain Academy June 05
Animal Crossing: Wild World Nov 05
Mario Kart Dec 05
Brain Age 2 Dec 05
Tetris DS April 06
New Super Mario Bros May 06

Wii:
Wii Sports & Wii Play Dec 06
Mario Party 8 July 07
Mario Galaxy Nov 07

What you can notice is that the DS slowly eased people into hardcore games, whereas the Wii has only really had Wii Sports and very little else before dropping a big hardcore game.

Tiktaalik said:
The Wii on the other hand hasn't had as steady of a flow of games appealing to the casual market.

I've mentioned this before. People keep reacting to recent events with "they need to release more core games!" when the problem is Nintendo hasn't been satisfying its new audience.

birdchili

Mariah Carey said:
I've mentioned this before. People keep reacting to recent events with "they need to release more core games!" when the problem is Nintendo hasn't been satisfying its new audience.
anecdotally, there's tons of discontent among wii owners, but the hardware has been flying off the shelves until relatively recently.

nintendo holding off on software until hardware demand ebbs? people are quick to forgive if the software shows up.

there were many promises of no first-year drought on wii...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
birdchili said:
there were many promises of no first-year drought on wii...

And there hasn't been one. I'll be counting titles released in different territories because I'm unclear if you're speaking about North America (because I'm assuming you're North American) or Japan (because it's a Japanese thread). I exclude Europe and Australia because both have substantial issues with actually getting games released on time, and that's unfortunate but also irrelevant.

First-party games that will be released in one territory or another by December 31st, 2007:
Batallion Wars 2, Big Brain Academy, Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast, Endless Ocean, Excite Truck, Fire Emblem, Link's Crossbow Training, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime Corruption, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WarioWare, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Eyeshield 21,

Isolating for titles that are actually worth buying:
Batallion Wars 2, Endless Ocean, Excite Truck, Fire Emblem, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Wii Play.

If you like the Zapper, add Link's Crossbow Training. If you like party games, add Mario Party 8, Warioware. If you like WiiFitting, add Wii Fit.

Casual-Friendly Titles:
Big Brain Academy, Endless Ocean, Mario Party 8, WarioWare, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit

Third-Party stuff that at least one major group of consumers would enjoy:
Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel (although I didn't like it), Zack and Wiki, Resident Evil 4 Wii, Guitar Hero III, MLB Power Pros, Madden 07/08, Trauma Center / 2, Lego Star Wars Complete, Godfather / Scarface, Elebits, Mercury Meltdown, Kororinpa, MySims, Mario&Sonic, Medal of Honor Heros 2, Gundam SCAD Hammers, Dragon Quest Swords, Dragon Ball Z BT2/3, Victorious Boxers, Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Can anyone really look at all that and say "There's nothing in there for me". I can see many people saying "I'd like another console to fill a few holes that the Wii has"... but I can't see anyone who can look at the Wii library and not have at least 9-10 titles that they'd like without having to substantially discount entire genres of games.

Look, someone can look at the Xbox 360 and say "I don't like shooters, so Gears of War, Call of Duty 2/3/4, Bioshock, GRAW/2, Vegas, Orange Box and Halo 3 don't count. I also don't like racing, so PGR 3/4, Burnout, and Forza2 doesn't count." What are you left with? Guitar Hero, Virtua Fighter, Oblivion, and sports games? We generally tell that kind of person "Wow. Tough shit. You're missing out."

If you don't think the Wii has at least ten solid worth-buying titles, I'd be really interested in knowing what sort of games you like (and more importantly, what sort of games you dislike) because it would really surprise me.

Dragona Akehi said:
Eyestrain from focusing on a small screen (usually via squinting) is often a warning signal that presbyopia is approaching. May as well get it out of the way and get used to wearing spectacles before you're holding your DS/Newspaper/etc. at arm's length.
I assure you, I don't squint. I do hold the DS too close to my face when I'm playing games that make heavy usage of the stylus, though, because I try too hard to be bloody precise with the thing. I really do concentrate "too much" at times. Regardless, the need for corrective lenses is common in my family. So, I'm not terribly surprised by this. Still amused that I may need "gaming glasses." :) (Books and newspapers don't give me headaches, and I often read books for 6+ hours at a time.)

PPS: I'm glad consoles are going down the tubes. Handhelds forever!
The way things are going, I'm inclined to agree -- just for reasons different from yours.

Jiggy

Dragona Akehi said:
PPS: I'm glad consoles are going down the tubes. Handhelds forever!
High five.
Eteric Rice said:
I still think that consoles and handhelds will eventually merge...
You too.

Stumpokapow said:
Third-Party stuff that at least one major group of consumers would enjoy:
Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel (although I didn't like it), Zack and Wiki, Resident Evil 4 Wii, Guitar Hero III, MLB Power Pros, Madden 07/08, Trauma Center / 2, Lego Star Wars Complete, Godfather / Scarface, Elebits, Mercury Meltdown, Kororinpa, MySims, Mario&Sonic, Medal of Honor Heros 2, Gundam SCAD Hammers, Dragon Quest Swords, Dragon Ball Z BT2/3, Victorious Boxers, Sonic and the Secret Rings.
Off the top of my head, add...
DDR Hottest Party, My Word Coach (the non-game so good even Amir0x likes it?), Puzzle Quest, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 (this will suck, but it sucks every year and sells hundreds of thousands, so whatever--it fits into a major group of consumers enjoying it)

Grampasso

Tiktaalik said:
One strong difference that I see between the DS and the Wii so far when it comes to casual gamers, is the rate at which the games have been released. The Nintendo DS managed this flow quite well, and I think this was good for keeping the DS in the news and keeping a strong buzz around it. The Wii on the other hand hasn't had as steady of a flow of games appealing to the casual market. As well the DS did a good job of surrounding more hardcore releases with casual releases, so when a casual gamer went in to get Brain Age 2, they would also see hardcore games on the shelf that may have interested them. A Wii gamer at this moment isn't at the game store to see Mario Galaxy because there isn't some casual game that they're there to pick up; they just bought Wii Sports at launch.

I think the worst case scenario for Nintendo is that because of the poor distribution of casual games for the Wii, the Wii has lost it's buzz too soon, and has perhaps been relegated to the back of the closet as a gimmick already. That statement is a big leap of course and likely an exaggeration, and since I don't live in Japan I can't gauge what's actually going on, but I couldn't help but notice a difference in the release lists. If I have a horrible selective memory please fill in the gaps of games I've missed.

DS:
Nintendogs April 05
Brain Age May 05
Big Brain Academy June 05
Animal Crossing: Wild World Nov 05
Mario Kart Dec 05
Brain Age 2 Dec 05
Tetris DS April 06
New Super Mario Bros May 06

Wii:
Wii Sports & Wii Play Dec 06
Mario Party 8 July 07
Mario Galaxy Nov 07

What you can notice is that the DS slowly eased people into hardcore games, whereas the Wii has only really had Wii Sports and very little else before dropping a big hardcore game.
Super Paper Mario (it seems like everyone forgets this one...)? Fire Emblem?

Jonnyram

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Wii sales are down and it seems that even a game like Mario Galaxy cannot boost them.
Mario Galaxy's sales are bad and worse then Super Mario Sunshine: this is a sign that something is wrong with Wii's audience.
Nintendo sales follow their advertising campaigns and are very seasonal. Expect to see huge bumps in Wii sales over December -> January season.

PS3 sales skyrocked thanks to Musou and PSP sales are really good.
PS3 sales skyrocketed because of the 10,000 price drop and new colour. I think it's something like an 4:1 split in favour of white at the moment. Musou was a coincidence - Musou sales are about the same as Gundam Musou were.

In addition, DS sales are not that high anymore and even games like FFTA2 isn't selling very well and I have the impression that games like Dragon Quests Remakes will sell well, but not as well as FFIII did. In another words: even DS and DS software isn't selling that great anymore..
I imagine you're in for a shock when DQIV comes out, actually. DQ is still way more popular than FF.

So, my impression is that Nintendo's dominance is starting to decline. I don't mean that Nintendo is ***ed of something similar, but the NES-level of dominance is not here anymore and Sony is growing up slowly. First, PSP and now PS3. And I have the big impression that PS3's hardware sales will not go down very fast, exactly as PSP did. And if it can stay up until Final Fantasy and MGS4, the thing could become big...
So let me get this straight. Nintendo, who has been dominating in hardware and software sales for the entire year, has a single week where PS3 outsells Wii (but not DS), has a new DS game at number 1, three self-published Wii titles and two self-published DS titles in the top ten, yet they are in decline? Well, compared to the week when they occupied the entire top ten, perhaps you're right.

With the DS, the market changed very fast and now I have the same impression I had in 2005: the direction of the wind is somehow turning again and maybe who said that Wii won and PS3 is a failure, was not so right after all.
Your entire hypothesis is based on a spike in PS3 sales caused by a 10,000 yen price drop. Do you not think you're being a little hasty?

Fredescu

Mariah Carey said:
Well, most people don't care much for videogames, if you haven't noticed.
How many albums released since 2004 have sold 20 million worldwide or more? You know, like GTA: San Andreas did?

Amir0x

Banned
Mariah Carey said:
Well, most people don't care much for videogames, if you haven't noticed.

well most people are also fun-hating douches, but i tend to only judge things by people who aren't worthless

Fredescu said:
How many albums released since 2004 have sold 20 million worldwide or more? You know, like GTA: San Andreas did?

Album sales are dying, which doesn't really have anything to do with videogames. And if you extend that to the last two decades, there have been a lot more albums to sell 20 million+ than videogames, anyhow. Smash records like:

6ld32fd.jpg

72775uu.jpg

Amir0x said:
well most people are also fun-hating douches, but i tend to only judge things by people who aren't worthless

Not really. Everybody likes to have fun. Just people have different ideas of what "fun" is. And, as seen on this board, there are some people who can't accept that fact. Such people are known as jerks.

.dmc

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
It isn't just me. I find most people who game and are not secondary school students simply have no time. I think Japan is the same: hence the move to portables.

That's me as well, I have to dedicate myself to playing through console games, whereas handheld games I get through in my own spare time. Recently I've been wishing that Super Paper Mario was a DS game, because I really couldn't be fucked playing that one through at home.

The last three big games I played were Zelda TP, Okami and MP3. Zelda I only got through because I was unemployed, Okami took me a month to pay 8hrs, MP3 I'm getting through suprisingly quickly, but only because my girlfriend is at the tail end of her thesis and won't talk to me : /

Jonnyram said:
So let me get this straight. Nintendo, who has been dominating in hardware and software sales for the entire year, has a single week where PS3 outsells Wii (but not DS), has a new DS game at number 1, three self-published Wii titles and two self-published DS titles in the top ten, yet they are in decline?

You don't find the fact that Nintendo's flagship core title, essentially bombing is troublesome? It's tracking well behind Sunshine right now, which most people considered extremely disappointing, even for the anemic selling gamecube.

Rocksteady33 said:
Maybe people still have a bad taste in their mouth from Sunshine?

Oh for god's sake. Sunshine, for all its supposed faults, was the best platformer last gen. It could be Xenosaga-bad, and the secret levels would STILL have saved it.

Dragona Akehi said:
The good thing for you is that future handhelds will prolly have a similar TV out like the PSP Slim has. Next generation of handhelds should at least beat the GC. (Though watch it be the third generation in a row with "last gen graphics".)

Next gen (or so) is going to be all about the handhelds VS. cell phones. It'll be interesting to see how well handheld systems hold up in the market against the world's most successful convergence device.

ethelred

Dragona Akehi said:
Oh for god's sake. Sunshine, for all its supposed faults, was the best platformer last gen. It could be Xenosaga-bad, and the secret levels would STILL have saved it.

You keep saying this, but I find it very hard to believe. The game looked like trash, and what's more it was 3D -- which automatically sets it behind games like the Klonoas and Drill Dozer.

ethelred said:
You keep saying this, but I find it very hard to believe. The game looked like trash, and what's more it was 3D -- which automatically sets it behind games like the Klonoas and Drill Dozer.

Best 3D platformer then. :p

Go play it sometime and you'll see.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Dragona Akehi said:
You don't find the fact that Nintendo's flagship core title, essentially bombing is troublesome? It's tracking well behind Sunshine right now, which most people considered extremely disappointing, even for the anemic selling gamecube.

i'm pretty sure the answer you're looking for is in there somewhere.

Amir0x said:
Sunshine was so good, I agree with Dragona.

Which begs the question...

...why the heck haven't you picked up Galaxy!?

1) I have no time for consoles anymore.

2) I'm broke.

3) Were I to play a console game right now (and had money), it'd be Fire Emblem.

4) If I had FE, I'd be getting/playing Trauma Centre.

5) Mario Galaxy will be 20$ eventually.

Amir0x

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
1) I have no time for consoles anymore.

2) I'm broke.

3) Were I to play a console game right now (and had money), it'd be Fire Emblem.

4) If I had FE, I'd be getting/playing Trauma Centre.

5) Mario Galaxy will be 20$ eventually.

i'm telling you Dragona, no matter how far you may think Galaxies priority falls compared to Fire Emblem or Trauma Center, this is the GAME OF THE FOREVER. It is worth dropping everything, all your other game plans, to get this! If you hate 3D platforms, are a bit wary of the direction they took whatever it is the real first game to justify Wii in every way.

I'll buy you Fire Emblem for Christmas.

So does anyone think if Galaxy continues to do poorly it will be some sort of wake up call to Nintendo or will they not even care?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Amir0x said:
i'm telling you Dragona, no matter how far you may think Galaxies priority falls compared to Fire Emblem or Trauma Center, this is the GAME OF THE FOREVER. It is worth dropping everything, all your other game plans, to get this! If you hate 3D platforms, are a bit wary of the direction they took whatever it is the real first game to justify Wii in every way.

Galaxy is God, simple!

Alcibiades

I do agree that Mario Sunshine was a highly underrated game. Easily one of the best games of the generation, but the difficulty no doubt scared off kids and some casual gamers.

I heard from a little girl while working at Best Buy how they didn't really know what to do and only had 17 "stars". I tried to explain to the parents, but I did not find it strange that non-hardcore players would quickly dump the game. And my hair stylist said she didn't know how to control Mario and got bored, so she returned the Gamecube and got a PS2 and played that Simpsons driving game (Road Rage?), which she found intuitive and had fun with.

Personally, I think Mario Sunshine is a A game, right up there with Metroid Prime and Wind Waker, but the way the game was built, only dedicated gamers were going to appreciate the frustrations of a challenging platformer that rewarded precision and timing and didn't leave room for error. The complexity of the control setup and goals unfortunately turned off people expecting a Mario 64 rehash with prettier graphics.

Fredescu

Mariah Carey said:
Album sales are dying, which doesn't really have anything to do with videogames. And if you extend that to the last two decades, there have been a lot more albums to sell 20 million+ than videogames, anyhow.
I'm not trying to say that videogames are cannibalising music sales. Music has an advantage in that it can transend formats including much easier digital distribution, so the older stuff can keep on selling, which is why I didn't go back that far. Certainly a good number of games have sold more than any singles ever. Anyway, GTA sold a truckload. Games continue to sell truckloads. A lot of people care for videogames, enough to beat the movie industry in revenue, and you wouldn't say no one cares for movies.

Mariah Carey said:
Next gen (or so) is going to be all about the handhelds VS. cell phones. It'll be interesting to see how well handheld systems hold up in the market against the world's most successful convergence device.
OS, hardware and interface consistency will always be the bugbear of phone gaming. Phone gaming will increase for sure, but dedicated devices that do one thing well will win (so long as they don't screw up PSP2 like they did the PS3, and DS2 like they did the Gamecube). Remember when people were saying the PS3 was going to beat everything because it was an awesome media hub? Phones have been able to play MP3s for years, but dedicated MP3 players still sell bundles.

786110 said:
So does anyone think if Galaxy continues to do poorly it will be some sort of wake up call to Nintendo or will they not even care?

Wake up call for what, though? Make more "core" games that Japan doesn't want, or make millions off of the next Wii ____ game that Nintendo programmers slap together during their lunch hours?

Edit: No, I'm not offended by Amir0x's subtle way of saying "Please, Dragona, get Galaxy, because there's not one other fucking person around here worth talking about this game to!" :lol

Amir0x said:

You'd have to buy me time too. It's alright, I'm sure I'll try it out sometime soon. But I'm not a big 3D platformer person anyway.

gkryhewy

786110 said:

Anecdotal reports are that it's selling assloads in North America. I think they'll continue to be pretty pleased with a hardcore/casual mix in the US & Europe combined with a casual audience in Japan. I don't think this has changed recently. They've already expressed a desire to build a larger hardcore domestic (japanese) audience when they made the MH3 announcement - what more do you want?

Amir0x

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
You'd have to buy me time too. It's alright, I'm sure I'll try it out sometime soon. But I'm not a big 3D platformer person anyway.

I work 60 hours a week now! Plus I wrote for a website and moderate this place (if you can call it MODERATING lol), and I still find time for this one!

Fuck it I'm going to buy two extra copies of this game and send it out to the poor souls who missed this

Amir0x said:
I work 60 hours a week now! Plus I wrote for a website and moderate this place (if you can call it MODERATING lol), and I still find time for this one!

Fuck it I'm going to buy two extra copies of this game and send it out to the poor souls who missed this

I wish I had your forgiving schedule.

Seriously.

Fredescu said:
A lot of people care for videogames, enough to beat the movie industry in revenue, and you wouldn't say no one cares for movies.

Darling, I didn't say that no one cares for videogames. I just said most people don't. Videogames certainly have an audience willing to spend lots of money on relatively expensive merchandise.

Fredescu said:
OS, hardware and interface consistancy will always be the bugbear of phone gaming. Phone gaming will increase for sure, but dedicated devices that do one thing well will win so long as they don't screw up PSP2 like they did the PS3, and DS2 like they did the Gamecube. Remember when people were saying the PS3 was going to beat everything because it was an awesome media hub? Phones have been able to play MP3s for years, but dedicated MP3 players still sell bundles.

Oh, I'm not doubting you at all, lamb. I was merely pointing out that so far cell phones have really been the only successful convergence device barring the PC. I expect portable videogames to stay ahead, but you never know.

Tiktaalik

786110 said:

As I mentioned before, I think SMG's failure is because they released it at the wrong time for Japan. It'll sell incredibly well in NA, which will be ample reason to make another, and hopefully next time around they plan their release schedules better.

Top Bottom