• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11 - 17 Dec (Nintendo shows MC its Pokemans)

Most of the games in the Top 30 are probably above 20,000. So I wouldn't be surprised to see Zelda around 20,000 also. Even so, I was hoping for better sales.

aeolist

Banned
Don't worry guys! Lost Odyssey will save the 360 in Japan!

*one month later*

Don't worry guys, Trusty Bell will save the 360 in Japan!

AniHawk

NSMB is pretty much on track to be the second-highest selling Super Mario game ever (in Japan). It's 4.1 for Super Mario Land. I don't think it'll hit the original Super Mario Bros.'s 6.8m though.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Dudes, the DS doing great is fun and all.....but it doesn't bode well for next gen titles comming out of Japan. :( The problem isn't that the DS is selling great, but the thing is the rest sucks saleswise....and that can't be good!!!

AniHawk

RamzaIsCool said:
Dudes, the DS doing great is fun and all.....but it doesn't bode well for next gen titles comming out of Japan. :( The problem isn't that the DS is selling great, but the thing is the rest sucks saleswise....and that can't be good!!!

The Wii's not doing so bad. At least, compared to the PS3 or 360.

Link

The Autumn Wind
AniHawk said:
NSMB is pretty much on track to be the second-highest selling Super Mario game ever (in Japan). It's 4.1 for Super Mario Land. I don't think it'll hit the original Super Mario Bros.'s 6.8m though.
Was SMB included with the Famicom in Japan? And if so, are those sales included? Or did SMB just sell like absolute gangbusters back in the day?

okay. last week i fought the evidence that zelda was bombing in japan, talking about tie ratios and stuff.

this week...

no fighting it.

zelda=bomba.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Newzboyz99 said:
Actually those charts tell me Nintendo is smart with Wii....non-games ala DS ftw...

facepunch.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
plagiarize said:
okay. last week i fought the evidence that zelda was bombing in japan, talking about tie ratios and stuff.

this week...

no fighting it.

zelda=bomba.

bomba!!

Console gaming actually MIGHT be "dead" as we know it. Like, I know lots of sensationalist trolls say it, but maybe...maybe it is.

....maybe.

*squinty eyes*

Odysseus

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
bomba!!

Console gaming actually MIGHT be "dead" as we know it. Like, I know lots of sensationalist trolls say it, but maybe...maybe it is.

....maybe.

*squinty eyes*

d-e-d

dead

Game-Biz

cvxfreak said:
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

1. (DS, Pokemon) Pokemon Diamond - 123,573 / 2,119,848
2. (DS, Pokemon) Pokemon Pearl - 97,409 / 1,766,776
3. (DS, Nintendo) Kirby Squeek Squad - 92,173 / 557,634
4. (DS, Sega) Fushigi no Dungeon: Furai no Shiren - 88,242
5. (DS, Nintendo) New Super Mario Brothers - 77,761 / 3,617,021
6. (DS, Sega) Love and Berry DS Collection - 72,841 / 608,545
7. (DS, Nintendo) Jump Ultimate Stars - 71,339 / 349,979
8. (PS2, SCE) Wild Arms 4 - 70,476
9. (Wii, Nintendo) Wii Sports - 69,923 / 318,473
10. (Wii, Pokemon) Pokemon Battle Revolution - 67,607
miyamotobomb.gif

Yeah, I'm wondering if Japan just isn't interested in consoles anymore or something.

But damn, Zelda just dropped like a rock. :(

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Blue Dragon bombs. Zelda bombs. PS3 software bombs.

VicAlpha said:
the sales are quite low this week

They are pretty high when you consider:

Pokemon/NSMB have been out for a while and already sold 3.5m before this week.
Only one DS game is a new entry.
Next week is crazy week.

AniHawk said:
I don't think it'll hit the original Super Mario Bros.'s 6.8m though.

If only they'd bundled it with the DSL

Jonnyram

New games like Kabutore, that sold 20k, didn't even make the top 30.
We're talking very high volume this week. I wonder if the top 50 will pacify anyone, even.

AniHawk

MrSardonic said:
Pokemon/NSMB have been out for a while and already sold 3.5m before this week.
Only one DS game is a new entry.
Next week is crazy week.

next week is crazy week, but we wont have those numbers for about two weeks.

AniHawk

Who would've ever thought that Sega would actually release games that sold THAT well again in Japan and on a Nintendo system

Christopher

Holy shit I hope that if Zelda sells so bad they'll whore of the licence like they do to their other franchises to CAPCOM. 3D Zelda Capcom make it happen!

GhaleonEB

Odysseus said:
But they confirmed beforehand the 80K last week included the ~30K in bundles.

Now you see the fallacy in thinking Blue Dragon would have an impact beyond one week. 360 HW ~8K confirmed.
It wasn't a falacy, it was a possibility, if a remote one. Sure doesn't look good for hardware tomorrow. :lol

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
You know, Gaffers can keep telling themselves that Zelda isn't as popular in japan as it is in the West, but the fact remains that Zelda is Nintendo's most ambitious and most immersive game for the Wii. I weep for Japan.

Xavien

If BD couldn't save the 360 in japan, i don't think anything will. Bebpo must be in convolutions right now :lol

Still the lack of Zelda in those charts is extremely worrying, but atleast Nintendo has pretty much the rest of the chart, Microsoft doesn't have anything else out there.

If Microsoft is to have a 'chance' at Japan, they'll need to launch 3-5 Games aimed at the Japanese market all within 1 month of each other and perhaps bundle one of them with the 360.

But... quite frankly its no use, Nintendo has Japan by the proverbial Balls.

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
Christopher said:
Holy shit I hope that if Zelda sells so bad they'll whore of the licence like they do to their other franchises to CAPCOM. 3D Zelda Capcom make it happen!

Zelda is selling like crazy is the rest of the world though :p

So with Wii Sports still leading the way and about the same as last week does that mean Wii sold about 80K this week. Whats that give it 450K through Dec 17.

AniHawk

Christopher said:

Miyamoto's not gonna let go of the main Zeldas or main Marios.

I would be interested in Flagship's shot at a 3D Zelda though. Much more interested in one by, say, Kamiya.

Amazing that all 3 Ryuusei no Rockman's placed. Crazy Japan.

If console gaming is truly dying in Japan, then boy is it going to be a different scene come next generation.

Barf_the_Mog said:
You know, Gaffers can keep telling themselves that Zelda isn't as popular in japan as it is in the West, but the fact remains that Zelda is Nintendo's most ambitious and most immersive game for the GCN. I weep for Japan.

Corrected it for you.

Top Bottom