• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/26 - 12/2 2007

sphinx

the piano man
Lobster said:
I think both will sell well but We Love Golf will be more of a hit outside of Japan. Chocobo Dungeon will sell better than We Love Golf.

My first week predictions are..

Chocobo Dungeon- 200k
We Love Golf- 130k

Is that too much?

I'd say yes.. :(.

Out of Dragon quest:swords, I don't remember a third party game that has passed 200K LTD.

you want those games to get near that in their first week...

Pretty big drop for the PS3, it should go up with the release of GT5P but I expected the numbers to be more stable at the beginning of December.

Busaiku said:
Next week is GT5:p right? I think sales for the PS3 could stabilize around 30k, given upcoming releases. Which isn't bad at all.
30k after a price drop, a new colour and during the busiest shopping season of the year would definetly be bad.

test_account said:
I wonder how many "copies" that would be purchaced through PSN of GT5 Prologue and if it will be taken into account in that week's numbers.
That will depend on your allignment. If the BR sales are disappointing a lot of people will pull the "I bet it sold most on PSN"-card.

We don't have anything to judge this by, but I guess most sales of a series with mass appeal like GT will still come in via retailers.

Lobster

Banned
sphinx said:
I'd say yes.. :(.

Out of Dragon quest:swords, I don't remember a third party game that has passed 200K LTD.

you want those games to get near that in their first week...

Mystery Dungeon is a popular series in Japan though, and one launching in holidays should be even popular.

Capcom sold 110k Umbrella Chronicles first week (and then fucked up by not shipping more!). Im sure We Love Golf will sell over 100k first week.

My Mystery Dungeon prediction is my weakest prediction though..

Lobster

Banned
CANLI said:
Too Much. The Chocobo DS game didn't surpass the 130k.
And We love golf hasn't online.

-Chocobo DS game isn't part of a popular series.
-Why would We Love Golf need online to sell?

Lobster

Banned
Chumly said:
haha yea im a tard funny i know the difference to I guess i was just looking to quickly.

Its ok..everybody makes mistakes.

I reckon the one thing thats holding back the Pangya series on Wii is the online. It seems to have done well enough to warrant a sequel though...

lol at Wii-PSP, MC sure likes to cross streams (they were quite apart in Famitsu). Poor PSP, I remember one very similar to this one with DS, you know, the last week PSP was above DS by Famitsu but MC closed them by a similar amount to this week Wii-PSP, around 86k it was iirc.

Oh about the Famitsu Top30, where is Mario Party 8? #19 in MC, not in top30 in Famitsu for that week :lol

Looks like the Wii and DS sales are back to the way they were before the slump, PS3 (Though it has dropped significantly) is a bit higher too!

First day numbers are out by the way. I can't post them right now so someone please do, and no, its not because there are too many games, I'm not that lazy :lol

Dascu

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day numbers are out by the way. I can't post them right now so someone please do, and no, its not because there are too many games, I'm not that lazy :lol
Got any NMH numbers?

Wii&PS3 sales so bad...

SMG,new PS3 model,WE 2008,Dinasty Warriors,RE:UC,Wii Fit...Things will improve next year,but it's sad that we've come to this.

(almost )5 year-old PS2 would have obliterated Wii&PS3

Week 47 (2004) PS2 108,148

Week 48 (2004) PS2 93,829

AniHawk

Parmenides said:
Wii&PS3 sales so bad...

SMG,new PS3 model,WE 2008,Dinasty Warriors,RE:UC,Wii Fit...Things will improve next year,but it's sad that we've come to this.

The Wii and PS3 aren't the main systems in Japan. The DS is. The Wii is sorta the GBA except with a smaller presence on the software charts.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Looks like the Wii and DS sales are back to the way they were before the slump, PS3 (Though it has dropped significantly) is a bit higher too!

This is the holiday season. To be honest, I'm a little surprised to see PS3 sales go down week over week by that much.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Phife Dawg said:
Pretty big drop for the PS3, it should go up with the release of GT5P but I expected the numbers to be more stable at the beginning of December.

30k after a price drop, a new colour and during the busiest shopping season of the year would definetly be bad.

Price drop and new colour were a month ago..it has gotten more mileage out of that than a lot of people might have thought pre-pricedrop.

Holidays - sure, but Wii is only just about getting back to 'pre-slump' non-holiday numbers (apparently?)..so it may not be the rising tide for all boats as one might have thought.

All that said, I'd like to see PS3 doing better, but at least it's still not back to pre-pricedrop numbers.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
king zell said:
Toi 75k
LO 40
hsg2 40k
nmh 10k
vf5 10k

am not 100% sure

Also, you might want to report the sellthrough percentage for ToI; 50%

PSP You're the Bad Guy RPG 15k
Power Pro 10 DS 20k
Silent Hill Origins 10k
Doraemon Wii 1k
Arkanoid DS <1k

duckroll

Here are the full numbers with more details:

ToI = 75k = 50% of shipment

MnG2P = 40k

LO = 40k = 50% of shipment

Power Pro-kun Pocket = 20k

Gintama DS = 15k

Yuusha PSP OMG GOTY = 15k = 60% of shipment

No More Heroes = 10k

Silent Hill Zero = 10k

VF5 Xbox360 = 10k EL BOMBA

Uncharted = 7k OMG MEGA BOMBA

Ryu ga Gotoku 2 BEST PRICE = 7k BEST SALES

Lobster

Banned
Dascu said:
A thousand for each Assassin. Oh well.

Thats first day :) Lets hope it does 10k each day throughout the week. Or maybe more..maybe we can coax Sp0rsk into buy 1 million copies.

justjohn

duckroll said:

MnG2P = 40k

Gintama DS = 15k

No More Heroes = 10k

Silent Hill Zero = 10k

;(

Dascu

Lobster said:
Thats first day :) Lets hope it does 10k each day throughout the week. Or maybe more..maybe we can coax Sp0rsk into buy 1 million copies.

Yeah, it's pretty decent for first day sales. Might make 11k in total!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Crusade said:
I haven't been here for years.:) Just curious BTW

sinobi.ameblo.jp in case you want to follow it yourself. Babelfish / Google Trans do not do a good job, so you'll want to verify key phrases or words manually before acting on them. :)

Kind of low MnGP first day numbers. But I guess it's a series that gathers most of it's sales not on the first day, it'll have good legs.

NMH's numbers are not bad, expected worse. Uncharted's numbers were expected, no?

gofreak said:
Price drop and new colour were a month ago..it has gotten more mileage out of that than a lot of people might have thought pre-pricedrop.

Holidays - sure, but Wii is only just about getting back to 'pre-slump' non-holiday numbers (apparently?)..so it may not be the rising tide for all boats as one might have thought.

All that said, I'd like to see PS3 doing better, but at least it's still not back to pre-pricedrop numbers.
Ceramic white wasn't a month ago. Price drop for the old models was more than a month ago.

Sure Wii has sold insanely well during usual slow months but I wasn't talking about Wii in my post anyways. Wii's numbers are certainly not spectacular but over 70k is a pretty healthy number.

Sure PS3 does better since before the price drop but I think we can all agree that PS3 pulled pathetic numbers before, it's still tracking behind the GAMECUBE.

Parmenides said:
Wii&PS3 sales so bad...

Wii comparisons: At 53 weeks, Wii is where GCN was at 226.9 weeks (January 13, 2006), where GBA was at 39.8 weeks (December 21, 2001), where DS was at 53.0 weeks (December 3, 2005), where PS2 was at 62.9 weeks (May 12, 2001), and where PSP was at 91.2 weeks (September 4, 2006).

What's the use of comparing the systems at totally different points in their lifecycle?

I'm glad ToI seems well received as measured by the shipment. Even though I think that is what you would expect a Tales game to sell at least, even if it would have been a horrible one like Tempest again.

Kyoufu

AniHawk said:
Wasn't this the game that was supposed to save the PS3?

Yeah until Naughty Dog removed the cape from Nathan Drake's back. Now consumers are looking elsewhere.

THEY'RE LOOKING FOR HER, TO SAVE THEM ALL!

tgs07lightningip9.jpg

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
duckroll said:

MnG2P = 40k

Gintama DS = 15k

No More Heroes = 10k

Silent Hill Zero = 10k

Why is 10K fot the first day for VF5 on 360 = EL Bomba. Everyone knows that the 360 doesn't have a great user base in Japan. Plus it is not like PS3 version set the world on fire either. What did that do 50K?
No More Heroes and Silent Hill 0 did no better on thier first day, but where is the El Bomba on those games?

duckroll said:

MnG2P = 40k

Gintama DS = 15k

No More Heroes = 10k

Silent Hill Zero = 10k

Low numbers all round. :(

pswii60

AniHawk said:
Wasn't this the game that was supposed to save the PS3?

Not in Japan. Amazing though how Assassin's Creed on 360 has completely kicked its ass (I doubt Uncharted will match it for the week). Japanese gaming has never been so unpredictable.

Also I expected NMH to do far better than 10k.

Crusade

pswii60 said:
Not in Japan. Amazing though how Assassin's Creed on 360 has completely kicked its ass (I doubt Uncharted will match it for the week). Japanese gaming has never been so unpredictable.

Also I expected NMH to do far better than 10k.
That was predictable though. AC got some decent coverage in Japan, through magazines and everything. Nothing at all for Uncharted though

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I expect nmh will do a lot better in the states. I kind of want Nintendo to advertise it in their two japanese guys commercials. If people think Nintendo made it then it will sell better by default.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Phife Dawg said:
Ceramic white wasn't a month ago. Price drop for the old models was more than a month ago.

Sure Wii has sold insanely well during usual slow months but I wasn't talking about Wii in my post anyways. Wii's numbers are certainly not spectacular but over 70k is a pretty healthy number.

Sure PS3 does better since before the price drop but I think we can all agree that PS3 pulled pathetic numbers before, it's still tracking behind the GAMECUBE.

Well, I'm talking relatively, obviously. One could as easily say that Wii's numbers are relatively disappointing given that it's supposed to be the holidays (vs prior non holiday numbers), as could say the same about PS3 and the holidays (and price drops and colours etc.). In absolute terms I wouldn't say they're unhealthy, obviously.

Or maybe you could say every week, barring the last few, have been the holidays for Wii ;)

Also ceramic white was out Nov 11, IIRC, which is virtually a month ago now (4 weeks).

AniHawk said:
Violent games do well on the Wii, or so fans of RE4 sales would have you believe.

Heh.

I just don't understand the high expectations for a game like No More Heroes. Yes, it looks like great fun & deserves good sales, but it's a niche title from a niche developer that has had little-to-no marketing.

10k on day one is reasonable, and already takes it over the lifetime sales of Killer 7 on the GameCube and about halfway to the lifetime sales of the same game on the PS2, IIRC.

AniHawk

Cosmonaut X said:
Heh.

I just don't understand the high expectations for a game like No More Heroes. Yes, it looks like great fun & deserves good sales, but it's a niche title from a niche developer that has had little-to-no marketing.

10k on day one is reasonable, and already takes it over the lifetime sales of Killer 7 on the GameCube and about halfway to the lifetime sales of the same game on the PS2, IIRC.
But wasn't it the game that was supposed to save the Wii?

Top Bottom