• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 12/01- 12/07

JaMarco

bttb said:
Media Create Sales: 12/08 - 12/14

01. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Bandai Namco) - 105,900 / 105,900
02. [WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo) - 97,700 / 587,000
03. [NDS] Kirby Super Star Ultra (Nintendo) - 94,500 / 629,400
04. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Nintendo) - 63,100 / 341,700
05. [NDS] Penguin no Mondai: Saikyou Penguin Densetsu! (Konami) - 59,000 / 59,000
06. [NDS] Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel (Level 5) - 57,600 / 492,000
07. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon) - 57,500 / 2,066,300
08. [NDS] Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo) - 45,200 / 1,289,400
09. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 43,000 / 2,916,900
10. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 34,300 / 1,938,400

__. [WII] Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes (Capcom) - 24,100 / 24,100

Dsi 173,700
Wii 91,600
PSP 71,500
PS3 33,700
DSL 31,100
X360 11,800
PS2 6,700

http://thedrill.no-blog.jp/dblog/2008/12/200812081214_f8a5.html
no wonder nintendo doesnt release any new games /

Laguna

Banned
Does anyone have the complete 1st+2nd party (Sony,Nintendo,Microsoft) releaselist for 2008 and Japan?

test_account
I meant software sales. It propably went up a little compared to last year (it´s a guess) thanks to the momentum caused from last years PSP2000,Crisis Core and this years MH2G and Phantasy Star. The lack of good selling games besides the success that Monster Hunter is, Phantasy Star (riding on MHs hype) and Gundam is still apparent. At least the number of software selling atleast at okay-level seem to have increased a bit, atleast the Anime licenced ones.

Laguna said:
Does anyone have the complete 1st+2nd party (Sony,Nintendo,Microsoft) releaselist for 2008 and Japan?
Yes.

Every game published by Nintendo/SONY/Microsoft in Japan for PS3, 360 & Wii (2008):
Nintendo
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Minna no Joushiki Ryoku TV
Mario Kart Wii
Link's Crossbow Training
Battalion Wars 2
Mario Super Sluggers
Wario Land: Shake It!
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Captain Rainbow
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Wii Music
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Wii de Asobu)
Pikmin (Wii de Asobu)

SCEJ:
SIREN: Blood Curse
Afrika
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III
LittleBigPlanet
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
Derby Time Online
Resistance 2
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
White Knight Chronicles

Microsoft:
Ninja Gaiden II
Too Human
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Fable II

Case said:
no wonder nintendo doesnt release any new games /

There's a huge void for the [our games don't sell on Nintendo consoles] to fill, but sadly they once again missed a great opportunity to cash in big with AA titles or something with 75% effort put into it.

schuelma said:
At least one 3rd party Wii game didn't bomb.
Worth noting it's just the fourth such game to have an opening week of greater than 100K. The others being DQ Swords, RE Umbrella Chronicles, and Tales of Symphonia DotNW.

Shirokun

JoshuaJSlone said:
Worth noting it's just the fourth such game to have an opening week of greater than 100K. The others being DQ Swords, RE Umbrella Chronicles, and Tales of Symphonia DotNW.

In other words, the games Japanese gamers really want to play. What other third party Japanese games with name recognition have been released on Wii that either A: were released on another system, causing lower sales potential, or B: probably wouldn't have sold much higher on another system?

I'm not so much trying to prove a point as I am curious.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
JoshuaJSlone said:

Yup. And if the first day numbers were correct (44K), then it showed some legs already, and we already know that the DS games have had plenty of legs. Safe bet for the #2 3rd party Wii game?

test_account

XP-39C²
Laguna said:
test_account
I meant software sales. It propably went up a little compared to last year (it´s a guess) thanks to the momentum caused from last years PSP2000,Crisis Core and this years MH2G and Phantasy Star. The lack of good selling games besides the success that Monster Hunter is, Phantasy Star (riding on MHs hype) and Gundam is still apparent. At least the number of software selling atleast at okay-level seem to have increased a bit, atleast the Anime licenced ones.
Ok :) Ye, i think so too, that the PSP200, Crisis Core, Monster Hunter 2G and Phantasy Star helped the PSP to be more popular, which might have resulted in alittle better software sale on PSP in general.

That is true, the PSP doesnt have too many big sellers (for example games that sells like 500k+), but i dont know how many PSP games in general that were expected to sell as well as something like 500k+. Are there many of those games for the PSP?Come to think of it, have there been many bombs (that we know of atleast) on the PSP this year? LocoRoco 2 might be one game though, but what/which other game(s)? There might be more titles, i just cant remember any specific game title(s) right now.

Ye, as you say, the software sale in general on the PSP seems atleast to be on an ok-level, i agree :) It is not so much compared to the DS, but the DS has a bigger install base and more games are comming out, so that is probably helping much on the DS software sales. The DS success both with hardware sales and software sales in general is really AMAZING though! :)

Top Bottom