• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 12/10 - 12/16 2007

jman2050

Lobster said:
Power Pro bombed on both Ps2 and Wii :\ Hard too.

Based on what I've read, 1) This is the special edition of the Power Pro game that already came out earlier this year. It sold... 100k between two versions? Don't remember. 2) Less people are buying it because, based on 2ch impressions and such, the game sucks hard.

gkryhewy

felipeko said:
It's being published by Nintendo.

It's a third party game that initially was cited as a bomb in these threads. The publisher name on the box is irrelevant.

It's published by Sega in the US at least.

EDarkness

Pureauthor said:
What? I've refuted the point already - why does it matter? It doesn't, plain and simple. A bomb is a bomb, regardless if the game is 'big time' or not.

I'm sorry, man, but when you release low budget shovelware or ports that cost less on the original system, or games with no real hype or advertising, you can't expect the games to sell. You're right, a bomb is a bomb in any situation, but there hasn't been anything of note on the Wii and if you're a "core" gamer, you have to be wondering what system to get and what will happen in the future, because the Wii situation isn't good? As sad as that is. I still think all of this falls on the shoulders of third parties. No one should really be surprised to be honest.

ethelred

schuelma said:
Just because a game doesn't have a monster budget doesn't mean it should bomb.

Just from the last week or so, NiGHTS, We Love Golf, and Chocobo should have done better.

Yes, they should've. Opoona and Treasure Island Z really should've, too. Should any of these games have turned in 400,000 in sales? Probably not feasible, but when they're mired in the high four digits or low five digits in sales, that's shockingly bad. Even Pangya's sales are terrible.

No one's expecting all these games to go platinum. For a game like Opoona to sell only 5,000 copies, though, is really out there. And then to turn around later and say that the only games that should sell are massively high budget affairs... I don't know about that. How much did Kessen deserve to sell, and how high was its budget? It did 360,000 after the PS2's launch. What about The Bouncer? Looking at more recent hits, what was the budget for Ryu ga Gotoku or Minna no Tennis or Monster Hunter?

Most early games for any system are of moderate quality, but the expectation is that they'll sell anyway because developers are still learning the hardware, it's difficult to just throw money at games early on, and it takes a lot more time to get the really high quality stuff out. But consumers are, in publisher's eyes, looking to get games anyway. Then publishers can use those early sales to help build a base for their future titles. They can establish new franchises at this point and then see those series carried out throughout the machine's life. As Josh noted earlier, the best time to build a new franchise is right near the console's starting point.

The worrying thing for the Wii is that almost all those attempts at third party publishers at experimenting with the hardware to increase their knowledge to make better results down the line (Trauma Center, Treasure Island Z, etc.) have failed in sales. All the attempts at establishing new Wii-centric franchises (Opoona, Dewy, Treasure Island Z again) have failed. And now we're entering the point where most of the higher quality, higher profile stuff is coming out and most of that stuff is still failing. It's great that Umbrella Chronicles succeeded, but the triple failures of NiGHTS, Wii Love Golf, and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon are really bad. Especially since, in the case of the first two, they're not even turning out to be mildly successful hits -- they're reaping epic failures.

I'm not making a wholesale justification for the efforts third party publishers have shown. While I'm defending them here, at the same time yes, I agree that they should've had more by this point. If they were just bringing in middling sales for games of middling quality, that'd be understandable. Most of the sales performance, though, is not. It's far lower than it should be, and that's troubling. Publishers aren't going to just decide that the solution to all their games failing is that they need to throw even more money at the system. They're going to be wary, and they're going to back off, and they're going to be right to do so.

I don't really delight in this, as I'm disappointed in how it'll affect a number of games coming that I'm deeply interested in.

Eteric Rice said:
Didn't Ghost Squad do moderately well?

Did well in comparison to lots of other Wii games, but I'm not sure if it did well in general.

jman2050 said:
Question: Do people think companies can just churn out video games whenever they feel like it? Anything that's even has a mid-range budget and scope (and that is not a port) that's coming out in six months was likely greenlighted and started before the Wii and PS3 even launched. You think that if third parties do or do not want to get behind the Wii with their big projects that we're going to know about it any time soon?

The problem is, this line is as outdated as "all Wii third party games deserve to sell poorly." It's been trotted out every few months -- from last year's TGS, to E3, to Nintendo's show (which had only one significant third party announcement), to this year's TGS... when are these floodgates for big third party games supposed to open?

felipeko said:
(and there's games like Zack and Wiki that wouldn't sell on any system)

I think it probably could've sold pretty well on the DS.

jman2050

ethelred said:
The problem is, this line is as outdated as "all Wii third party games deserve to sell poorly." It's been trotted out every few months -- from last year's TGS, to E3, to Nintendo's show (which had only one significant third party announcement), to this year's TGS... when are these floodgates for big third party games supposed to open?

Early next year? E3? TGS? 2009? Never? For all we know third parties will continue to ignore the Wii forever, but regardless, we just finished the first year of life for the damn thing, so we can't make any sort of prediction either way. Also, I highly doubt it'll be like 'opening floodgates.' I would expect more of a slow but increasing trickle.

jman2050 said:
Early next year? E3? TGS? 2009? Never? For all we know third parties will continue to ignore the Wii forever, but regardless, we just finished the first year of life for the damn thing, so we can't make any sort of prediction either way. Also, I highly doubt it'll be like 'opening floodgates.' I would expect more of a slow but increasing trickle.

Question: We just finished the first year of the PS3's life. I feel secure in predicting it'll never pass the Wii. Do you agree?

The 'problem' with the videogame market is that it is immensely self-reinforcing each generation. Losers tend to stay losers, and all that.

EDarkness said:
I'm sorry, man, but when you release low budget shovelware or ports that cost less on the original system, or games with no real hype or advertising, you can't expect the games to sell. You're right, a bomb is a bomb in any situation, but there hasn't been anything of note on the Wii and if you're a "core" gamer, you have to be wondering what system to get and what will happen in the future, because the Wii situation isn't good? As sad as that is. I still think all of this falls on the shoulders of third parties. No one should really be surprised to be honest.

In my opinion, the blame rests almost exclusively on Nintendo's shoulders. It's pretty clear that the games development landscape is changing. Microsoft is funding big new third party projects and handling the advertising of third party games with their own money and through demos and Sony is doing the same thing though perhaps on a lesser scale. For better or worse, the benchmark has been set considerably higher since the PS2 days and now I think that Nintendo needs to meet the new criterion in order to cultivate the massive third party successes on the platform that are needed to mirror the PS2 and the 360.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Rancid Mildew said:
In my opinion, the blame rests almost exclusively on Nintendo's shoulders. It's pretty clear that the games development landscape is changing. Microsoft is funding big new third party projects and handling the advertising of third party games with their own money and through demos and Sony is doing the same thing though perhaps on a lesser scale. For better or worse, the benchmark has been set considerably higher since the PS2 days and now I think that Nintendo needs to meet the new criterion in order to cultivate the massive third party successes on the platform that are needed to mirror the PS2 and the 360.

Agreed. Nintendo has to jumpstart things here. MH3 is a start. Much more is needed. Clearly the hardcore base is lacking.

Culex

Banned
jman2050 said:

Sony has never been in the situation they are in now, so there is no precedence to say that they will ever catch up to Nintendo, at least not in Japan. The leading platform has always stayed the leading platform there, ALWAYS.

EDarkness

ethelred said:
Yes, they should've. Opoona and Treasure Island Z really should've, too. Should any of these games have turned in 400,000 in sales? Probably not feasible, but when they're mired in the high four digits or low five digits in sales, that's shockingly bad. Even Pangya's sales are terrible.

No one's expecting all these games to go platinum. For a game like Opoona to sell only 5,000 copies, though, is really out there. And then to turn around later and say that the only games that should sell are massively high budget affairs... I don't know about that. How much did Kessen deserve to sell, and how high was its budget? It did 360,000 after the PS2's launch. What about The Bouncer? Looking at more recent hits, what was the budget for Ryu ga Gotoku or Minna no Tennis or Monster Hunter?

Most early games for any system are of moderate quality, but the expectation is that they'll sell anyway because developers are still learning the hardware, it's difficult to just throw money at games early on, and it takes a lot more time to get the really high quality stuff out. But consumers are, in publisher's eyes, looking to get games anyway. Then publishers can use those early sales to help build a base for their future titles. They can establish new franchises at this point and then see those series carried out throughout the machine's life. As Josh noted earlier, the best time to build a new franchise is right near the console's starting point.

The worrying thing for the Wii is that almost all those attempts at third party publishers at experimenting with the hardware to increase their knowledge to make better results down the line (Trauma Center, Treasure Island Z, etc.) have failed in sales. All the attempts at establishing new Wii-centric franchises (Opoona, Dewy, Treasure Island Z again) have failed. And now we're entering the point where most of the higher quality, higher profile stuff is coming out and most of that stuff is still failing. It's great that Umbrella Chronicles succeeded, but the triple failures of NiGHTS, Wii Love Golf, and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon are really bad. Especially since, in the case of the first two, they're not even turning out to be mildly successful hits -- they're reaping epic failures.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't buy it. I don't remember seeing any ads or a even hearing much about Chocobo Dungeon until like a week or two before it came out. Same with We Love Golf. We Love Golf was announced right before TGS and its showing at that time wasn't all that great with people having control issues. After that, I never saw an ad anywhere for it. A week before it came out one of the small stores around me had some videos of the game running, but there wasn't any sound. The major stores around here didn't have anything showing at all. On top of that, the game came out a couple of weeks after Super Swing 2. I didn't expect much from the game and I'm not surprised it bombed. Opoona wasn't advertised, either. I doubt Dewy was either, but I get the feeling with that game it was trying too hard to be cute and maybe that put people off. It didn't do well anywhere, so it may be a quality issue.

What else of note is there on the Wii outside of Nintendo's games? No real RPGs, lots and lots of PS2 ports, plenty of shovelware, no real big name titles except the Nintendo games. The PS2 had the benefit of at least lots of hype and plenty of "interesting" games at the time. I don't think that can be said about the Wii at this point. I'm not saying it won't get better, but the lack of real announcements and overall quality of the library, doesn't make for an interesting future. At least games are moving better in the states.

jman2050

Pureauthor said:
Question: We just finished the first year of the PS3's life. I feel secure in predicting it'll never pass the Wii. Do you agree?

The 'problem' with the videogame market is that it is immensely self-reinforcing each generation. Losers tend to stay losers, and all that.

Yeah, PS3 will likely not outsell, the Wii. On a similar note, the Wii's success makes me feel secure in saying that there will be good to great 3rd party efforts on the system in the near future. Why? Because that's how it's historically happened.

Of course, history can't always predict the future, which is why the situation seems cloudy for many. After all, we don't know if the PS3 can buck the trend and become a highly successful console on par with the Wii. It's unlikely, but it can happen.

Regardless, the two situations aren't that comparable anyway.

felipeko

schuelma said:
Agreed. Nintendo has to jumpstart things here. MH3 is a start. Much more is needed. Clearly the hardcore base is lacking.
If 3rd party really need funding to their games there's something wrong to the industry.

EDarkness

Rancid Mildew said:

I have to disagree. It's not Nintendo's fault that third parties are making bad games. It's not Nintendo's fault that third parties don't know where to put their games. Third parties have to make their own decisions on this front, and I've never agreed with throwing money around to get games on a system. It hasn't worked all that well for Microsoft in Japan. I'm not saying that Nintendo shouldn't help do some promoting of games, but they can't dictate the quality and budget of a game. If third parties don't want to make games on the Wii, paying them to do it won't make it any better.

schuelma

felipeko said:
If 3rd party really need funding to their games there's something wrong to the industry.

I'm saying Nintendo needs to moneyhat some good 3rd party games or it will never get the hardcore.

damisa

schuelma said:
I'm saying Nintendo needs to moneyhat some good 3rd party games or it will never get the hardcore.

Maybe nintendo doesn't care? They're probably happy selling the vast majority of the software on the system. (They would probably have to sell 4 3rd party titles to get the profit one 1st paty sale gets.) It's not like they need 3rd party games to help them sell the product. Even the hardcore will probably buy a wii for the 1st party games.

Jammy

Banned
We Love Golf has been probably the only instance so far in the Wii's lifespan where I've looked at it's sales and gone "Oh shit..."

I mean, we had Mana Byte or Bebpo or some importing GAFer create a thread on it saying how it was the best golf game on Wii hands-down. We Love Golf was developed by Camelot members (Mario Golf AND Hot Shots Golf) and Capcom members. It has style, it has Miis, and it is apparently the definitive golf game on the system.

Why did it bomb? I don't know. That's why I was shocked to see the first week sales.

NiGHTS 2? Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon Wii? I can see how the former bombed hard. The reviews and impressions pretty much sealed that one's fate. Chocobo Wii didn't flop as hard, but I just don't see Chocobo games pulling several hundred thousand in sales like they used to anymore. The Chocobo DS game had to be the biggest S-E flop on that handheld, but everything else on that has been pulling very respectable if not spectacular sales.

In a case like RE: UC and Ghost Squad, all you really have to look at is the amount in stock. In both games' case, after the first week or two on the market the games became hard as hell to find because they sold out of their shipments in no time. It's really not hard to see why. The light-gun gameplay fits the Wii's mantra like a glove.

Similarly, it's not hard to see why games like Guitar Hero III, Cooking Mama, or the Trauma Center games have shattered expectations. None of these games suck hard like NiGHTS and they all have gameplay that's pretty much designed around the system. Having a big-name game like RE4: Wii or Dragon Quest Swords release doesn't hurt, either.

schuelma

Jammy said:
Similarly, it's not hard to see why games like Guitar Hero III, Cooking Mama, or the Trauma Center games have shattered expectations. None of these games suck hard like NiGHTS and they all have gameplay that's pretty much designed around the system. Having a big-name game like RE4: Wii or Dragon Quest Swords release doesn't hurt, either.

Do you remember this is a Japanese sales thread?

Weisheit

damisa said:
Maybe nintendo doesn't care? They're probably happy selling the vast majority of the software on the system. (They would probably have to sell 4 3rd party titles to get the profit one 1st paty sale gets.) It's not like they need 3rd party games to help them sell the product. Even the hardcore will probably buy a wii for the 1st party games.
And this (as I've said before) is what it's all about. Nintendo doesn't give a fuck, their goal is to make money for themselves if third parties want a piece then it's up to them to take advantage, it's not Nintendo's job to look after the bottom line of other companies only their own. As they've proven in the past they can survive perfectly fine on their own.

about GT sales... this game is aimed to the hardcore GT fan. have you played online? you see so many american/european usernames that i think 30/40% of the game sales have been shipped to people outside of japan. and since we don't have any data, how many downloads? we will never know how many units they really sold if we don't get download numbers.

and nintendo i'm stockpiling for x-mas total. huge hardware numbers

felipeko

schuelma said:
Two years of DS (being the supreme non-gaming machine) and they got DQIX, remember?
I think they know what they're doing, something like, expand the userbase with their own games, sell a hell a lot, then they leave the system to others take advantage while they think about more crazy stuff...

EDarkness said:
I have to disagree. It's not Nintendo's fault that third parties are making bad games. It's not Nintendo's fault that third parties don't know where to put their games.

If Nintendo wants the successes, they can't offer an inferior set of promotional tools to third parties when MS and Sony have so much more to give. It's not just funding and bribing developers like what MS is doing; Nintendo needs to be advertising through their WiiConnect 24 network and the Everybody Nintendo channel and allocating budgets for advertising in stores, magazines etc.

Third parties have to make their own decisions on this front, and I've never agreed with throwing money around to get games on a system. It hasn't worked all that well for Microsoft in Japan.

It's not working for Microsoft in Japan because the market has rejected the system but the successes in America, where the 360 is the overall market leader, are absolutely stunning. The Wii is the overwhelming market leader in home consoles in Japan. I'm sure a similar tactic would yield results significantly better than what MS is encountering in Japan.

If third parties don't want to make games on the Wii, paying them to do it won't make it any better.

Of course it will. Mistwalker would have never made Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey for the 360 is MS didn't fund it.

dolemite

Agent Icebeezy said:
Microsoft's model of embracing and assisting 3rd party should be followed by all.
I doubt Nintendo can afford to do it on the same scale as Microsoft. I bet a decent Wii game will cost about as much as a decent 360 game (Wii sports clones don't count).

hey some dudes in this thread want Nintendo to advertise all 3rd party games because its Nintendo fault that their shitty, sometimes insulting games aren't selling :lol

Link316

Banned
EDarkness said:
I have to disagree. It's not Nintendo's fault that third parties are making bad games. It's not Nintendo's fault that third parties don't know where to put their games. Third parties have to make their own decisions on this front, and I've never agreed with throwing money around to get games on a system. It hasn't worked all that well for Microsoft in Japan. I'm not saying that Nintendo shouldn't help do some promoting of games, but they can't dictate the quality and budget of a game. If third parties don't want to make games on the Wii, paying them to do it won't make it any better.

the strong sales of Mario & Sonic show that quality has nothing to do with it

Laguna

Banned
Nintendo is making everything right. But 3rd parties... It´s their own fault missing this big opportunity. The only 3rd Party games I want to buy are DQS, REUC and SonicRings thats it. I was looking forward to SCL but we all know that it´s a bad game. I was also looking forward to Nights but this is even worse... It´s realy funny to see Namco und Sega producing garbage like that and expecting good sales. Both are games which were made to cater the "hardcores", too bad for Sega and Namco that especially hardcore gamers are well-informed about a games quality. So who should have bought it?

dolemite

Link316 said:
the strong sales of Mario & Sonic show that quality has nothing to do with it
Mario and Sonic is being saved by the holiday rush sales, that's all. It would disappear rather quickly if it was released on any other date.

felipeko said:
Two years of DS (being the supreme non-gaming machine) and they got DQIX, remember?
I think they know what they're doing, something like, expand the userbase with their own games, sell a hell a lot, then they leave the system to others take advantage while they think about more crazy stuff...
Yeah, I agree, but I think the marketing campaign for DQ IX will actually be a cooperation between SE and Nintendo. :p

Link316

Banned
dolemite said:
Mario and Sonic is being saved by the holiday rush sales, that's all. It would disappear rather quickly if it was released on any other date.

and yet the holiday rush isn't saving the other games so again quality has nothing to do with it

Link316 said:
and yet the holiday rush isn't saving the other games so again quality has nothing to do with it
Well... duh?

When has it ever? For Christs sake 50 cents BulletProof on the PS2 alone outsold Psychonauts, Okami, and Ico combined. Does that sound like justice?

Crap sells it always has, and always will.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
4.SMG 109000(680000)

SWEET MOTHER OF MIYAMOTO!

Gaming's saved in Japan afterall! Remember when all you dumbs thought this game wouldn't sell over Sunshine? Well, guess who's laughing now. 8)

Oblivion said:
4.SMG 109000(680000)

SWEET MOTHER OF MIYAMOTO!

Gaming's saved in Japan afterall! Remember when all you dumbs thought this game wouldn't sell over Sunshine? Well, guess who's laughing now. 8)
I'll admit, I was a little scared for it. This is one of the greatest games out there.

Japan should love it.

linsivvi

Rancid Mildew said:
If Nintendo wants the successes, they can't offer an inferior set of promotional tools to third parties when MS and Sony have so much more to give. It's not just funding and bribing developers like what MS is doing; Nintendo needs to be advertising through their WiiConnect 24 network and the Everybody Nintendo channel and allocating budgets for advertising in stores, magazines etc.

One could argue that Nintendo has never been as successful as this year. 8M+ copies of Wii software in it's first year in Japan alone doesn't hurt.

If 3rd parties want to succeed, they'll have to find their own way.

sphinx

the piano man
schuelma said:
Just because a game doesn't have a monster budget doesn't mean it should bomb.

Just from the last week or so, NiGHTS, We Love Golf, and Chocobo should have done better.

RE:UC is the only legit 3rd party success story since DQ:Swords IMO.

This whole debate about 3rd party games on Wii has been discussed sooo much here at neogaf, it feels like we are going in circles. But I think I have come with a decent explanation about why 3rd parties have to be careful if they want a successful game on Wii in Japan.

It is a fact that 3rd parties have to get the fuck out of the way when big nintendo 1st party games are about to launch and around their launch window. The reason why fairly casual/middle class games like We love golf and NiGHTS bomb is because they are crushed by the force of extremely well marketed games like Mario&Sonic or Mario Galaxy. People buying a Wii and wanting a nice traditional nintendo game to couple sports with will NOT even turn their heads to see the NiGHTS gamecases in the store, they will automatically grab and take the box with a flying Mario, not with a Flying androgynous arlequin.

So, if you are going to venture into the world of nintendo consoles as a 3rd party, you better release your game when there is the least chance to having it getting crushed by stellar 1st party games. Take RE:UC for example, there is not a single 1st party games that remotelly competes against what is offered in that game. It is unique and its covered with a stellar franchise that is resident evil. That did well.

But that's not the only thing, you have to put some effort into making people aware that your game is coming and that your game rocks. It does not have to be a massive marketing campaign like Mario&sonic, but you have to make people aware of your stuff somehow.

If I was a 3rd party with a serious Wii game in the works, that would be my first priority. Make sure I get the dates of 1st party games my product could be potentially competing with, while trying to make a game that is not in a genre widely explored by nintendo games and make sure I structure a marketing campaign that brings me as near as possible to my selling goal, let' say 80k-100k... then hope for the best.

Redd

schuelma said:

QFMT, It's not like Nintendo doesn't have the money. FFS your competition is struggling finish them off........you know they would.

Minsc

Gold Member
If third party support doesn't move to the Wii like the DS, and 2008 sees no major 3rd party releases except Monster Hunter 3, is the system's future sales doomed?

Or can Nintendo's first party keep it alive and strong enough to be it's own force without any support from third parties?

I'd like to think Nintendo enjoys seeing third parties support their system, even if they don't need the support. I mean, if they really don't care, why not just make it a closed system, and prevent third parties from publishing on it all together?

Too much to think/argue about, it's much more fun to watch the sales keep rolling in every week.

linsivvi said:
One could argue that Nintendo has never been as successful as this year. 8M+ copies of Wii software in it's first year in Japan alone doesn't hurt.

If 3rd parties want to succeed, they'll have to find their own way.

Of course. From a financial perspective, Nintendo is doing everything right and has exceeded everyone's expectations ten times over. For myself, I want a more diverse library on the Wii filled with even more games that I like and that won't happen unless Nintendo wants its third party partners to succeed. I don't think my interests are mutually exclusive either. A library that always has something new and substantial to offer to everyone means a lot more hardware sales.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Has anybody even mentioned that it might possibly be the audience that these 3rd party efforts are being marketed towards?

Opoona
Dewey
Treasure Island Z
We Love Golf
NiGHTS 2
Mario & Sonic
etc

To the point, though...anybody notice how bright and colorful and mario-like these titles are? I made a post a long time ago that said exactly the same thing: for 3rd parties to succeed on the Wii, THEY MUST DO THEIR OWN THING, not replicate what Nintendo is doing. I love blue skies and cute characters but it ain't workin for the 3rd parties at all. Oh wow, RE4 and REUC are doing decent? REALLY?

We need less cute shit, although I'm sure they're all very nice, and more serious shit. This first round of COPY NINTENDO MARKETING STRATEGY clearly isn't working for the Wii. Let's see what happens with the next round of games and if the 3rd parties can make basic marketing assessments and make decisions that we called for months ago.

Fighting Games (1v1, not DB)
Strategy Games (JsRPG, ie RotTK)
Racing Games (not kart)
DQ/FF games (not spinoffs)

It ain't hard fellas. Stop blaming Nintendo, stop blaming the public. They're being presented with the same exact blue-skied world over and over and over again. We need some dark, dramatic, over-the-top shit with actual production values.

Innotech

Banned
I think that THIRD PARTY needs to take its own initiative and spend a little on marketing. Nintendo isnt responsible for selling third party software. Its ridiculous to suggest they are. Think about it, how much third party commercials do you see? Most of the advertised games sell reasonably well. But from anecdotal reports, most third party games are practically invisible to all but the hardcore. How can they be expected to sell? Especially since with a 20 million unit install base in Japan most Ps2 software released lately has bombed just as badly.
SEriously, I think we need instances of well marketed high budgeted Wii software bombing before saying that third party software just isnt selling. Pe3ople need to KNOW that software exists.

sphinx

the piano man
PantherLotus said:
We need less cute shit, although I'm sure they're all very nice, and more serious shit. This first round of COPY NINTENDO MARKETING STRATEGY clearly isn't working for the Wii. Let's see what happens with the next round of games and if the 3rd parties can make basic marketing assessments and make decisions that we called for months ago.

O.k. explain why No More Heroes bombed please.

mj1108

Minsc said:
If third party support doesn't move to the Wii like the DS, and 2008 sees no major 3rd party releases except Monster Hunter 3, is the system's future sales doomed?

You make it sound like the reason people buying the system NOW are due to 3rd party titles -- when in fact, the vast majority is not.

Top Bottom