• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/26 - 3/4

Neomoto

Holy shitcakes, 27 / 30 Nintendo :/ My God Nintendo have some mercy already :lol If this keeps up it won't be long till we can name the threads Nintendo Sales <date>.. Wow.

Fire Emblem shows some legs in second week = awesome.
Prof. Layton is doing remarkable good! Awesome!
Wii Play will be a million seller next week, and most likely it will be just the beginning for this game :O
FF III will prove the world (GAF) wrong next week by actually selling a million and thus becoming a non-game
DS 3rd party's keep doing very well, DQMJ is doing great which bodes well for DS IX. Very good to see Harvest Moon, Hotel Dusk and Sim City keep on selling
Oh and NSMB keeps getting sneaking back in where the fun is, he'll be dammed to let Pokemon get it all again ;)

PhoenixDark said:
They don't call the Playstation the number one brand for nothing
:lol Perfect.

I don’t get this million seller business. Isn’t Wii play already a million seller what with US and Euro sales?

Anyway, Japan finally shows Germany and France who’s the daddy when it comes to a chart.!

linsivvi

DefectiveReject said:
I don’t get this million seller business. Isn’t Wii play already a million seller what with US and Euro sales?

Anyway, Japan finally shows Germany and France who’s the daddy when it comes to a chart.!

This is a MC chart and of course we're talking about Japan only. It's like we don't count platinum sales of albums by using worldwide numbers.

Kenka

If I don't get wrong, German and french charts are on a regular basis massively occupied by Nintendo (non-) games, right ?

Oh my, three years ago, Germany was (with G-B) the most reluctant market to buy Nintendo products in Europe. look at it now :D

lancubap said:
It will be interesting to see the impact of Little Big Planet on PS3's sales in Japan. But when will it come out ?

Oh it will sell well. Just like Super Smash Bro. Melee on the Gamecube. And Windwaker. And Resident Evil 4. And Super Mario Sunshine.

Totalriot

Kenka said:
Oh my, three years ago, Germany was (with G-B) the most reluctant market to buy Nintendo products in Europe. look at it now :D

No, Germany has always been very friendly to Nintendo. As far as I remember, the N64 sold very well compared to the PS1 and the GC outsold the XBox.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
See people, Gundam Musou is a PS3 system seller, NOT VF5.

Want Layton localized. Super Robot Wars too, but that'll never happen. Go Fire Emblem - I love you!

LM4sure

Banned
Nintendo kicking ass as usual. This has to change at some point. When are the big guns coming out for the PS3 or PSP?!

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
LM4sure said:
Nintendo kicking ass as usual. This has to change at some point. When are the big guns coming out for the PS3 or PSP?!

Well, Monster Hunter 2 and Gundam Masou WERE the big guns for some time, AFAIK. I don't recall the PS3 having any significant `Japanese` titles for the next few weeks, or the PSP either for that matter. So technically, unless I missed one*, I don't see any games changing the PS3/PSP's momentum for the next month at least, minus the current games after-effects, which are already subsiding.

* - entirely possible

Nyampoo

lancubap said:
It will be interesting to see the impact of Little Big Planet on PS3's sales in Japan. But when will it come out ?

Famitsu.com says Little Big Planet is not officially planned for Japanese market yet. I'm not sure it will sell good in Japan with its character design.

So, with Tabris and Lancestern out of commission for now, who's going to provide this week's barely-on-topic- 3 page argument?

lancubap

Nyampoo said:
Famitsu.com says Little Big Planet is not officially planned for Japanese market yet. I'm not sure it will sell good in Japan with its character design.

Sony need this game BEFORE end 2007, but I think it is not likely...

manzo

Nyampoo said:

That reminds me, didn't the Japanese find the characters in Viva Pinata "scary" and "freaky" ?

Thraktor

Going by Wii Sports sales, and a 60% average attach rate of the game for the past three weeks, we should see Wii hardware sales of 66,065 this week.

any theories as to why the descrepancy between famitsu and media create?

did MC include the bundled copies of Gundam Musou while Famitsu didn't perhaps? anyone know? it's quite a difference.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Pureauthor said:
So, with Tabris and Lancestern out of commission for now, who's going to provide this week's barely-on-topic- 3 page argument?
Don't you write something like this every week and then the thread expands with first day numbers and early weekly numbers?

plagiarize said:

did MC include the bundled copies of Gundam Musou while Famitsu didn't perhaps? anyone know? it's quite a difference.
According to sinobi both Gundam and SRW are at 170k.

Um, MC threads have a set pattern:

1) Software numbers go up
2) Discussion about software numbers
3) Speculation about hardware numbers
4) Hardware numbers go up
5) Discussion about hardware numbers
6) Stupid argument ensues, in varying severity and length
7) Stupid argument ends, sometimes with bannings. Somewhere in between this two, first day sales get posted
8) Famitsu numbers, and rumoured next week sales go up
9) Sinobi blog numbers go up
10) New MC thread, Circle of Life, yadda yadda

plagiarize said:

I thought the descrepancy between MC and Famitsu was with SRW? I mean Famitsu has it at ~170K, according to Sinobi, but it also has Gundam at ~170k which is in line with MC's number.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Pureauthor said:

7) Stupid argument ends, sometimes with bannings. Somewhere in between this two, first day sales get posted
It's going as usual imh&ho only last week was huge because of MHP2nd/Tabris's short return.

Pureauthor said:

Add in a bit of salt and some pepper and thats just the way I like it.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Pureauthor said:
Exactly. I'm prepping the question in advance - who takes over their job?

Maybe we should be prepared for a huge dropoff in numbers due to the government selling off Nintendo shares and people stop trusting them and Iwata goes out of business.

It could happen! Don't believe any of Nintendo's PR stating that they began the whole thing! Believe.

A bit weird with the difference between the Famitsu and MC numbers, I'm guessing MC undertracked SRW, not Famitsu overtracking it by 30k~

Well done, Nintendo.

PS2 performance is as it should be: low. The current gen machines are out and available to purchase, its time to move on.

PSP is continuing the trend of mediocre hardware numbers and hopelessly poor software numbers. Given its userbase, there should have been at least a couple of games that sold at the rate of Monster Hunter Portable 2.

PS3 is doing poorly except for Gundam Musou, which sales are the lowest Musou opening I think ever for the series. Well, maybe DW2's Japanese first week numbers might have been a little lower. On the bright side, Virtua Fighter 5 moved up seven positions from the previous week. Legs?

Xbox 360 is nonexistent but we all knew that. The only positive thing to report is that comparing numbers of this year to last year, the Xbox 360 is selling 3 times faster this year than it was last year. From 1000-1500 units, its about 4000-5000.

nli10

VietBitter said:
A bit weird with the difference between the Famitsu and MC numbers, I'm guessing MC undertracked SRW, not Famitsu overtracking it by 30k~

I forget how the charts work in Japan, but that kind of discrepancy can be explained easily buy one chain of stores that Famitsu track having a promo on the game (free plastic figure, alternate cover, lower price etc. ) while MC don't track that particular store.

Before the UK charts closed in on 100% counting similar stuff used to happen, all the games & record companies would focus promotional activities on the stores which belonged to the particular chart chain they felt mattered most.

Shame the Japanese are so proud and traditional about their seperate charts, it's be fascinating to have pure sales charts for the entire region. :)

NeonZ

I hope SRW W's low sales, especially if compared to the early GBA games, finally make Banpresto realize that SEED just isn't a viable replacement for UC.

As you can see Gundam is the number one selling game in Japan for the past week. DS does not matter it's a non-system and Wii is just a gimmick it'll end soon.

/Tabris

:D

LOCK

Oh thank God that FE did sink off the chart. 120K is a lock, and so lets hope that its legs lets it reach 150k like PoR.

Third Party domination on the DS continues. Awesome times ensure.

Inhumanility said:
On top of that, New Super Mario bros. keeps creeping back on the chart, Brain Age 2 keeps sitting there, and Animal Crossing, like a persistent little bugger, JUST misses the Top 10 again. I'm sure Pokemon Diamond and Pearl would be up there as well if combined. These 4 titles just don't seem to stop selling, no matter how long they've been out. They are unstoppable.

You forgot about our little Mario Kart DS. It might not have joined the 4 million club, but it sure ain't doing bad. It isn't going to leave the top 30 anytime soon.

Defuser

Pureauthor said:
I wish i could but i don't wanna get banned and i got a part time job that last me from 3 to 10pm so i got no time .

Nyampoo

manzo said:
That reminds me, didn't the Japanese find the characters in Viva Pinata "scary" and "freaky" ?
Actually Japanese people barely even know what Pinata is. And we do find the characters scary and freaky, or kimoi. I think the biggest problem is the color.

Evlar

Banned
Nyampoo said:
Actually Japanese people barely even know what Pinata is. And we do find the characters scary and freaky, or kimoi. I think the biggest problem is the color.
What's your take on Little Big Planet?

manzo

Nyampoo said:

Yeah, that's what my Japanese Xbox Live friends told me. Just wanted to hear it from other people. :(

Unison

It's interesting that the Pokemon games don't seem to have legs quite as long as past games in the series. Obviously they are doing great, and it's a huge accomplishment for them to be still be charting after so long, but it really drives home how phenomenal the legs on games like NSMB / Brain Age / Animal Crossing / Mario Kart are to see them outselling Pokemon D/P already.

Nyampoo

The Sphinx said:
What's your take on Little Big Planet?
Not really sure. The color is not that bad like Pinata, but seems to have the same problem. The character design is kinda ok. Some might find them kawaii.

Another aspect is the rendering method. The realistic rendering is not very our style. Funny thing is, movies like Toy Story or Nightmare Before Christmas are ok, but games for some reason have a totally different standard. I don't know why.

Also, PS3 Home's Sims-like avatar design is not very appealing to us either. I think we prefer Mii style.

Gio_CoD

Banned
Those are great numbers for Gundam. I'll admit that I'm pretty surprised it's that high. I really thought it would do ~75k for the first week. Any word on whether or not it pushed any PS3s out the door? Usually we have rumoured HW numbers by now.

Unison said:
It's interesting that the Pokemon games don't seem to have legs quite as long as past games in the series. Obviously they are doing great, and it's a huge accomplishment for them to be still be charting after so long, but it really drives home how phenomenal the legs on games like NSMB / Brain Age / Animal Crossing / Mario Kart are to see them outselling Pokemon D/P already.

...Um, yes, New SMB/ACWW/MKDS outsell Pokémon D/P separated, but not combined.

Saitou

Banned
Nyampoo said:
Not really sure. The color is not that bad like Pinata, but seems to have the same problem. The character design is kinda ok. Some might find them kawaii.

Another aspect is the rendering method. The realistic rendering is not very our style. Funny thing is, movies like Toy Story or Nightmare Before Christmas are ok, but games for some reason have a totally different standard. I don't know why.

Also, PS3 Home's Sims-like avatar design is not very appealing to us either. I think we prefer Mii style.

Seeing as how Sony is pretty much DOA in Japan, I think they're doing the right thing by making it this way, even if it's not appealing to Japan.

I think they have a good chance of taking over Europe with stuff like Home and LBP.

Taurus

Haleon said:
Those are great numbers for Gundam. I'll admit that I'm pretty surprised it's that high. I really thought it would do ~75k for the first week. Any word on whether or not it pushed any PS3s out the door? Usually we have rumoured HW numbers by now.
Famitsu says ~40k PS3s last week. Not exact but gives you a hint about real numbers.

Top Bottom