• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/30 - 5/06

either way... Looks like this thread may have a couple more pages in it yet... depending onwhat this says, it may end up garnering the most posts from the MC threads.

cvxfreak

I just transcribed the poster onto text form:

新規取扱い終了のお知らせ

誠に勝手ながら...

*プレイステーション2
*プレイステーション3
*プレイステーションポータブル

新規取扱いは4月30日をもって終了させて頂きます。
尚、お取り寄せに関しても、致しかねますので御了承下さい。

argon

cvxfreak said:
I just transcribed the poster onto text form:

新規取扱い終了のお知らせ

誠に勝手ながら...

*プレイステーション2
*プレイステーション3
*プレイステーションポータブル

新規取扱いは4月30日をもって終了させて頂きます。
尚、お取り寄せに関しても、致しかねますので御了承下さい。

Courtesy google translator:

News of new handling end truly selfishness.

* Play station 2
* play station 3
* play station portable

new handling ends with April 30th. Furthermore, in regard to obtaining, because it is unable to do, acknowledgment.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
argon said:
Courtesy google translator:

News of new handling end truly selfishness.

* Play station 2
* play station 3
* play station portable

new handling ends with April 30th. Furthermore, in regard to obtaining, because it is unable to do, acknowledgment.

Well when you put it that way...

wonderfuldays said:
mac.jpg

Japanese store stop selling PS2,PS3,PSP?
What going on?

新規取扱い終了のお知らせ

誠に勝手ながら...、

・プレイステーション2
・プレイステーション3
・プレイステーションポータブル

及び上記関連商品
の新規取扱いは4月30日を
持って終了させて頂きます。

尚、お取り寄せに関しても、
致しかねますので
御了承下さい。

Information about no longer carrying new products

We regret to announce...

PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation Portable

As well as all related items will no longer be carried as of April 30th.
Please accept our apologies.

psy18

Cheesemeister said:

We regret to announce...

PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation Portable

They must be running out of display shelf for those DS games.

edit :
iwata said:
Our marketing people are telling me that less and less shelf space is available today (due to the increased titles.) Before, all software packages were placed so that the front sides were facing visitors to the outlets. Now, almost all the software for Nintendo platforms are displayed so only the spine of the packages can be seen by customers, and it is becoming hard for our marketers to visually demonstrate the strong appeal of these titles at the outlets. Even when we have titles that have unique and interesting elements, if we cannot conduct effective marketing, they can end up being unnoticed by potential customers.

Cheesemeister said:

=O

Is there any context to that sign? What type of retailer it is (Famicom Dojo? :lol )? Do they specialize in gaming, or do gaming products take up a small portion of the store (in such a case it'd make sense to stick with the ultra-popular stuff anyway...).

Crazy!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Cheesemeister said:

We regret to announce...

PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation Portable

Holy Moly, hopefully this isn't a trend.

After all, we don't want wholesale slaughter of the PS3. At least the gamecube was there for 5 years before being taken off the shelves.

RiskyChris said:
=O

Is there any context to that sign? What type of retailer it is (Famicom Dojo? :lol )? Do they specialize in gaming, or do gaming products take up a small portion of the store (in such a case it'd make sense to stick with the ultra-popular stuff anyway...).

Crazy!

The place is called ハローマック (Hello-Mac).

It looks like a nationwide toy store chain with 150 locations across Japan according to this page.

A picture of one such retail location is here.

Odysseus

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
新規取扱い終了のお知らせ

誠に勝手ながら...、

・プレイステーション2
・プレイステーション3
・プレイステーションポータブル

及び上記関連商品
の新規取扱いは4月30日を
持って終了させて頂きます。

尚、お取り寄せに関しても、
致しかねますので
御了承下さい。

We regret to announce...

PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation Portable

1) nintendo buys japan
2) nintendo forces stores to stop selling sony products

:(

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Cheesemeister said:
It looks like a nationwide toy store chain with 150 locations across Japan according to this page.

that's just kinda dumb. its like they're willingly ceding any sales they could potentially have from those products to other stores.

besides, what are they gonna put on the shelves since wii is supposedly always sold out? don't make sense to me.

Vinnk

Gah... beat to it. (I translate painfully slow). Good work Cheese.

Still.. without knowng where this comes from, it dosn't relly matter what it says. Any info on where this is from? If it's just a local store this isn't news. If it is a national chain this is one of tho most exciting stories ever. But I just don't see how that is possible. PSP still sells well and PS2 sells well for old hardware.

So I will take a wait and see on this.

laserbeam

Banned
davepoobond said:
that's just kinda dumb. its like they're willingly ceding any sales they could potentially have from those products to other stores.

besides, what are they gonna put on the shelves since wii is supposedly always sold out? don't make sense to me.

The stores have to shell out lots of cash for the chance to maybe sell one every few weeks. Why waste space on maybe sales when you can buy 2-3 Wii per PS3 and have guaranteed sales

Cheesemeister said:
The place is called ハローマック (Hello-Mac).

Wow (I said it!), that is really a bad sign. Seems like a slap in the face. Hopefully this is no trend. =(

Brofist

Games are a minor business for that chain, afaik

AniHawk said:
What else is coming out? Surely nothing important.

it's a good thing PSP games are still coming out, Wii games have to come from somewhere

Cheesemeister said:
新規取扱い終了のお知らせ

誠に勝手ながら...、

・プレイステーション2
・プレイステーション3
・プレイステーションポータブル

及び上記関連商品
の新規取扱いは4月30日を
持って終了させて頂きます。

尚、お取り寄せに関しても、
致しかねますので
御了承下さい。

We regret to announce...

PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation Portable

Wow.

I didn't think it would lead to THAT.

Also, I gotta hand it to the Japanese retailers. I knew they were apologizing without knowing the text, that little lion guy is adorable.

Jiggy

Vinnk said:
Still.. without knowng where this comes from, it dosn't relly matter what it says. Any info on where this is from? If it's just a local store this isn't news.
Agreed. Though there'll probably be more kneejerk reactions to come anyway.

Edit: Because even though it's a chain, it could still just be one small store in the chain, etc.

Hcoregamer00

Jiggy37 said:
Agreed. Though there'll probably be more kneejerk reactions to come anyway.

Edit: Because even though it's a chain, it could still just be one small store in the chain, etc.

It doesn't change the fact that one store believes that those consoles are a financial burden and are dropping the hardware.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
laserbeam said:
The stores have to shell out lots of cash for the chance to maybe sell one every few weeks. Why waste space on maybe sales when you can buy 2-3 Wii per PS3 and have guaranteed sales

still doesn't answer the question...there should be a bigger benefit to holding both in stock rather than just one, especially when wii is scarce

the only thing i can think of as a rational reason is that they just want to downsize the gaming section as a whole rather than focus on one thing or they just dont want to carry sony products for whatever reason (bad distribution, who knows)

Hcoregamer00 said:
It doesn't change the fact that one store believes that those consoles are a financial burden and are dropping the hardware.

While it is certainly a milestone event, it doesn't say a lot about the extent of financial strain. If the store only has 5-10 shelves to dedicate to gaming, then it really says nothing other than DS+Wii sells better than the others. If the store, however, has an entire section dedicated to gaming, then the event is much more significant.

still doesn't answer the question...there should be a bigger benefit to holding both in stock rather than just one, especially when wii is scarce

Shelf space is expensive.

Cheesemeister said:
新規取扱い終了のお知らせ

誠に勝手ながら...、

・プレイステーション2
・プレイステーション3
・プレイステーションポータブル

及び上記関連商品
の新規取扱いは4月30日を
持って終了させて頂きます。

尚、お取り寄せに関しても、
致しかねますので
御了承下さい。

We regret to announce...

PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation Portable

Ouch. The PSP isn't doing that badly. It isn't getting DS levels of success but it isn't getting the sluggish sales of the PS3.

Jamesfrom818 said:
Ouch. The PSP isn't doing that badly. It isn't getting DS levels of success but it isn't getting the sluggish sales of the PS3.

Is it possible that Sony wouldn't supply them PSPs if they cut support on PS3?

RiskyChris said:
Is it possible that Sony wouldn't supply them PSPs if they cut support on PS3?

Perhaps the converse is true: Nintendo wouldn't supply them hardware unless they cut support on Sony hardware? [/conspiracytheory]

Hcoregamer00

Cheesemeister said:
Perhaps the converse is true: Nintendo wouldn't supply them hardware unless they cut support on Sony hardware? [/conspiracytheory]

Is there a tinfoil hat under that cheese helmet? :lol

Vinnk

Hcoregamer00 said:

Well, Famicom Dojo wishes it hadn't bought into the PS3 as well. :)

I still don't know if it's news. I live in Japan and I have never heard of this store until today. For all we know they might not even carry the Wii or 360.

Or this could be the first domino.. hard to tell.

Top Bottom