• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/30 - 5/06

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Vinnk said:
I'll do another sales report from my town this week. So what games and systems would you like me to look for this time?

FFT PSP is really the only major release that could potentially be supply contrained. I guess followup on FFXII:RW would be nice, but I think we all pretty much know that's not supply constrained.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My Chemical Mouse said:
How bout you talk sales without the Ntard crap, then we talk ya?

hahahah
johnnyCash.jpg

Vinnk said:
I'll do another sales report from my town this week. So what games and systems would you like me to look for this time?

Wii
PS3
One Piece
Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics PSP
Big Brain Academy Wii
Super Paper Mario

Thanks. :)

Odysseus

Banned
My Chemical Mouse said:

nintendo is dominating japan and ps3 is pretty much on life support. development for ps3 will be affected and wii will be the beneficiary.

odysseus am ninthing?

StevieP

Banned
Odysseus said:
nintendo is dominating japan and ps3 is pretty much on life support. development for ps3 will be affected and wii will be the beneficiary.

odysseus am ninthing?

Yep, clearly you're a nintard. Sales have a "Nintendo spin" :lol

Grecco

Odysseus said:

odysseus am ninthing?

you want a new tag? is that it?

ps i want a tag

Link

The Autumn Wind
My Chemical Mouse said:
As if you have any room to talk. You're the worst fanboy in this discussion.

Vinnk

Alkaliine said:
Wii
PS3
One Piece
Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics PSP
Big Brain Academy Wii
Super Paper Mario

Thanks. :)

Well I can tell you right now that the PS3 is not supply constrained and I have a feeling will not be until FFXIII (if ever). [P.S. Sorry to report such Ntarded facts.]

And since FF:RW is already apearing used, I will be very surprised if any store is sold out of it this week. But I will check.

One Piece will be interesting since there was a rumored sellout last week (I can't confirm as I was in the states).

FFT:pSP could go either way.

It seems Nintendo has the supply to meet the demand of SPM and BBA but if it dose mimic the sales of the DS training games, there could possibly be higher demand in the future. I'll keep my eye on both of these but I doubt there will be shortages.

I would be interested in knowing just how much PS3 stock retailers have building up in the back room, even if they give you an odd look when you ask them. :D

Vinnk

BrodiemanTTR said:
I would be interested in knowing just how much PS3 stock retailers have building up in the back room, even if they give you an odd look when you ask them. :D

I could ask. Some will give me numbers, some will not. Most will do what they did last time and just say "lots". Then they will give me that hopeful look, thinking I might be looking to buy some PS3s.

Ikael

I thought that I witnessed MyChemicalMouse's meltdown on the "Japanese support shifting into Wii" tread, but it seems that it was just the apetizer.

Saitou

Banned
Ikael said:
I thought that I witnessed MyChemicalMouse's meltdown on the "Japanese support shifting into Wii" tread, but it seems that it was just the apetizer.
Link or it never happened.

Vinnk: Look for Panel de Pon DS. Those jap mutha****as better be buying it, goddamnit!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Odysseus said:

odysseus am ninthing?

Wait till [insert PS3 saving game here]!

LAWL

Vinnk said:

お...

お...

おうえんだああああ~ん!!!

I hope Dragona never wakes up and ban him

:(

The petition to protect My Chemical Mouse from the banage starts here. Please sign below if you think he should not be banned:

1. Chibcicylist

Evlar

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
お...

お...

おうえんだああああ~ん!!!
That's not until the end of the week, right?

EDIT: I'm happy to say I could read that (sorta). Who says games aren't educationumable?

Jiggy

Cheesemeister said:
お...

お...

おうえんだああああ~ん!!!
If that says Ouendan 2, I agree.

Vinnk

Cheesemeister said:
????

????

??????????????

Of course! And I can tell you right now it has 2 sales just from me. I hope it comes with a poster like the pre-oreders of the first game did.

EDIT: No idea why the Japanese charactors got screwed up...

apujanata

Thraktor said:
Thanks. Yeah, I'd have to create a new chart, but due to the above-mentioned time constraints, and the fact that I don't understand a bit of Japanese, I'll have to leave it for now. If I can I'll throw together a parser when I get back to harvest the data and convert it into all sorts of charty goodness.

Well, the chart you are going to make is not really dependent on the name of the game, but it is just necessary for you to record the sales unit (which is in Roman, which you should be able to read easily) for the #10 game. BTW, that site is not in Japanese, but it is in Chinese (If I am not mistaken).

apujanata

chibcicylist said:

The petition to protect My Chemical Mouse from the banage starts here. Please sign below if you think he should not be banned:

1. Chibcicylist

I am all for protecting MCM from banage, but not permanently. Let's say a 4 weeks protection, after which period, it is up to Dragona to decide to ban MCM or not.

Vinnk said:
:

One Piece : Unlimited Adventure (Wii)
Wii Sport (to see whether it is constrained or not)
Super Paper Mario (Wii).

mj1108

chibcicylist said:

1. Chibcicylist

I think Dragona is being nice and letting him stick around for the NPD thread on Thursday. That's when we should see a meltdown unlike anyone has seen.

Vinnk

apujanata said:
Wii Sport (to see whether it is constrained or not)

I'll look but it has never once been supply constrained. Wii play was for a few weeks, but you could always find Wii Sports. Some store have entire racks for this game and Wii Play. But if that changes I will let all of you know. For now it is not worth my time to count the literally hundreds of copies available in my city.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
cvxfreak said:
This thread shall be one of the bigger ones. :eek:

I could be wrong, but MC threads tend to suffer a bit when NPD is released. I'm estimating about 1k posts for next week. This thread is pretty much done unless somebody else is trying to get banned.

Linkup

Wish nongames like MKDS would stop selling, then we could start hearing about possible sequels to this stuff. What incentive does Nintendo have to release Animal Crossing Wii anytime soon? I'm sitting here thinking we're not going to see wii versions of AC and MKDS until the 08' and 09' holiday season, never mind 1080 or Waverace :(

Linkup said:
Wish nongames like MKDS would stop selling, then we could start hearing about possible sequels to this stuff. What incentive does Nintendo have to release Animal Crossing Wii anytime soon? I'm sitting here thinking we're not going to see wii versions of AC and MKDS until the 08' and 09' holiday season, never mind 1080 or Waverace :(

Likely, when they do come they will drop like a rock, i.e. launch 2-8 weeks after announcement.

What what what.

From what I can understand, effective April 30th, they are going to do something with the PS2, PS3, and PSP.

What are they going to do? Are they really going to stop selling?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
wonderfuldays said:
mac.jpg

Japanese store stop selling PS2,PS3,PSP?
What going on?
Retail already throwing in the towel for Sony?

surrendti3.jpg

Link said:
I really doubt they are going to just stop selling all of them. That doesn't even make sense.
Maybe they're reducing how much stock they get? Or not getting any new stock until they sell what they have?

Odd in any case, considering the PS2 and PSP aren't doing nearly as badly as PS3...

Link

The Autumn Wind
Let's just wait until someone that can actually read Japanese translates it for us before we jump the gun.

Top Bottom