• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/9 - 4/15

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Krowley said:
I wonder if paper mario is selling systems. I think SPM's sales will mostly be driven by people who already own a wii.

The numbers won't be that revealing unless there's a hardware sales spike. the system is probably still in "supply constraint" hell.

Well, now we have numbers. Seems you're right. Isn't selling that much.

I expected far more, like 250~300K.

Seems like brand power isn't enough to sell a game like Super Paper Mario. Surely it will have legs, but it will suffer like Twilight Princess. I'm a bit disappointed with the performance of hardcore games on the Wii in Japan.

Oh my god... Sony is in serious trouble. What's the release list like?

I expect slightly higher from MC has that’s what usually happens.
Golden Week this week I think so Ninty would of been stupid to release loads of stock last week.

Good start for Mario though
i'd wager 175K from MC

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
tanasten said:
Well, now we have numbers. Seems you're right. Isn't selling that much.

I expected far more, like 250~300K.

300k on an install base of 2m is a 15% attach rate by week one, which is pretty unlikely. You don't see many DS games debuting at 2.4 million copies sold week one. And I don't think there's any reason to believe that SPM is as front-loaded as most games; especially given the decent legs Nintendo has demonstrated, even in terms of titles like Wario Ware: Smooth Moves sticking around near the bottom of the top 50.

Koren

tanasten said:
Oh my god... Sony is in serious trouble. What's the release list like?
Nothing before Ninja Gaiden Sigma in mid-june if psmk2 is right (I mean not a single game, I don't think "noticeable" game). PS3 is in the middle of a two months and half without releases, so that's not unexpected.

P90

Koren said:
Nothing before Ninja Gaiden Sigma in mid-june if psmk2 is right (I mean not a single game, I don't think "noticeable" game). PS3 is in the middle of a two months and half without releases, so that's not unexpected.

10k for a new system that is not supply constrained is "not unexpected"? Wha, Wha, Whaaaaaat?

Ryu1999

P90 said:
10k for a new system that is not supply constrained is "not unexpected"? Wha, Wha, Whaaaaaat?

horseyav.jpg

600 dollars is a lot of money. Don't want to hear about 425 yen 20 gig option cause it can't be found

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Taurus said:
Sony 50k VS Nintendo 215k (supply constrained)

I'd describe this with one word: massacre.
I'd describe it with an image.

For sony.

That I made myself
not

epic_failure_seal.png

Ryu1999 said:
horseyav.jpg

600 dollars is a lot of money. Don't want to hear about 425 yen 20 gig option cause it can't be found
Dude, in Japan the 60gig model is sold for a bit under 60000 yens, which translates to around $500...

edit: and on e.g. amazon.co.jp you can find used PS3s for as low as 54000 yens, or around $455. For the 60Gb model...

Shiggy

Could someone tell me what had happened to Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings?

Edit: OK, I thought it was released in early April.^^

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Koren said:

And Ninja Gaiden isn't strong in Japan... PS3 am dead confirmed.

Stumpokapow said:
300k on an install base of 2m is a 15% attach rate by week one, which is pretty unlikely. You don't see many DS games debuting at 2.4 million copies sold week one. And I don't think there's any reason to believe that SPM is as front-loaded as most games; especially given the decent legs Nintendo has demonstrated, even in terms of titles like Wario Ware: Smooth Moves sticking around near the bottom of the top 50.

That 15% wouldn't be exaggerated. I'm sure we have seen a lot of games surpasing that attach rate on week one.

Let's check how long SPM legs are.

jesusraz said:
FFXII launches tomorrow, 26th April.

Another S-E bomb?

enishi

creamsugar's numbers are from Sinobi
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10031783661.html

Some numbers:

Hardware
=======
PS2 10k
PS3 10k
PSP 30k
DSL 150k
Wii 65k

Software
=======
[Wii] Super Paper Mario - 150k
[PS2] Fate / Stay Night - 140k
[PS2] Persona 3 FES - 100k
[PSP] Final Fantasy - 50k
[NDS] Gyakuten Saiban 4 - 50k (LTD 300k)
[NDS] Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 - 40k
[NDS] Nodame Cantabile - 30k
[NDS] Atelier Lise - 20k
[NDS] Clubhouse Game - 10k

Seriously, what is stopping the PS3 from averaging 10k units a week from now until July? That would put us at that magical 8 month mark. Every gen so far has been decided within 8 months of every system being on the market (except 16 bit, but most people knew by then what was going to happen.) How is Sony not doing something about this? Argh!

ylvis_

Banned
Magicpaint said:
Agreed. I hope it does lower than FFIII DS.

Are you kiddin? Final Fantasy PSP probably did 50-60k last week, and I predict it will end up doing around 200k. That's far off from 1000k.

Gekkonidae said:
Seriously, what is stopping the PS3 from averaging 10k units a week from now until July? That would put us at that magical 8 month mark. Every gen so far has been decided within 8 months of every system being on the market (except 16 bit, but most people knew by then what was going to happen.) How is Sony not doing something about this? Argh!
You think it's going to stay that high?

donny2112

milanbaros said:
I think the same site said Wii sold 60k last week and MC said 75k so I'm not paying much attention to those numbers.

I'm not sure if you're questioning the validity of sinobi's numbers, but his numbers are based off of Dengeki (maybe Famitsu?). Therefore his numbers will always be slightly different than Media-Create's numbers.

So no numbers next week, which would be this week's sales in Japan, right? That means we won't have exact FFXII:RW numbers until ~May 9th. Hopefully sinobi will still update, though. :)

ylvis_

Banned
milanbaros said:
I think the same site said Wii sold 60k last week and MC said 75k so I'm not paying much attention to those numbers.

Yeah, but they were spot on with their PS3, PSP, PS2 numbers last week and nearly spot on with their NDS numbers. They are also very close on Software numbers.
Sinobi's posts are not completely accurate but a good indication.

Jokeropia

Sinobi's numbers are (rounded) Famitsu numbers, which aren't necessarily less accurate than the MC numbers, just from a different tracker.

Anyway, nice sales.

enishi said:
creamsugar's numbers are from Sinobi
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10031783661.html

Some numbers:

Hardware
=======
PS3 10k
PSP 30k
Wii 65k

Software
=======
[Wii] Super Paper Mario - 150k
[PS2] Fate / Stay Night - 140k
[PS2] Persona 3 FES - 100k
[PSP] Final Fantasy - 50k
[NDS] Nodame Cantabile - 30k
[NDS] Atelier Lise - 20k
Well, PS3 is in free fall, Nintendo didn't hold Wii stock and PSP sells more when games are released (wow, I wonder when will Sony notice this any apply it for both PSP and PS3 :lol ). Interesting week.

Very good for SPM, amazing Fate (its not as front-loaded as sinobi (and me too if you ask me) expected)...DAMN Persona 3 Fes did amazing, original release opened with 127k! Money for Atlus is always money well spent. It beats things like Etrian Oddysey and Devil Summoner LTDs just with the first week...wow.

Not bad for FF, I guess SE nailed it with a 100k shipment. Bandai otoh failed with 150k Nodame shipment. Its going to take a while (and many pricedrops) to sell that shipment. Joins Tales of the Tempest, Winning Eleven, Heroes of Mana and such by the way. Atelier did good for a Gust title.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Gekkonidae said:
Seriously, what is stopping the PS3 from averaging 10k units a week from now until July?
The question is more like "what is stopping the PS3 from dipping down to Xbox360 levels of irrelevance from now until July?"

I'm not even sure how Square-Enix is promoting RW, but it seems like there's a lot less hype for it than there was for FFIII.

I'd say 250K for RW myself.

ylvis_

Banned
Magicpaint said:
I'm not even sure how Square-Enix is promoting RW, but it seems like there's a lot less hype for it than there was for FFIII.

It's been in Famitsu for the last 15 weeks. Lots of TV commercial is planned for this week and there's already been lots of different ads for it, so they've promoted it well.

And the people who predict less than 400k for this title are in for a huge surprise.

Prediction: 500k (but it reallt depends on how many they ship).

Neomoto

ylvis_ said:
They said 500k a couple of months ago, but I hope they have learned after FFIII and DQ:Joker. Probably not though.
Ah right, forgot about that. Low indeed, since it is supposed to be part of the main series. Oh well, we'll see how it does in a while.

Magicpaint said:

Well at the very least they have subway adds.

203609464320070421233803.jpg

11179751120070421233803.jpg

Here is the source http://jeux-france.com/blog151562_Laredac

Top Bottom