• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 5/5 - 5/11

Osuwari

Oblivion said:
Me too, sadly. Didn't expect it at first, especially since SSBM was the best selling GC game in Japan too.

for N64, MK64 sold more than SSB.

maybe MKDD's shortcomings dragged it down.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Oblivion said:
Me too, sadly. Didn't expect it at first, especially since SSBM was the best selling GC game in Japan too.

At least both outsold Mario Party 8... but I think that's because people know a MP9 is coming =P.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Osuwari said:

MK 64 also had two more years on the market versus a new game concept...just saying

Vinci

Danish
Osuwari said:

Or maybe Melee was just that much better.

Also: The Wii Wheel is going to beat Brawl, which is to say that any Wii game from Nintendo featuring a peripheral is going to be hard to fucking top.

icecream

Public Health Threat
rykomatsu said:
relatively speaking compared to other PS3 titles? Isn't this the first time a PS3's stayed in the top 30 for 3 weeks in a row?
Probably not.

skinnyrattler said:
Where's the 360 games?
There are no notable releases until End of May/June, with Battle Fantasia, NG2, Burst Limit, and Operation Troy.

legend166 said:
I still think the fact that the PSP can only manage 1 title in the top 30 is pretty telling. The thing is a Monster Hunter/Media Playing machine.
Yeah, its pretty telling that the whole bunch of new PSP games getting released every week debut outside Top30.

Oh, wait.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Vinci said:
Or maybe Melee was just that much better.

Also: The Wii Wheel is going to beat Brawl, which is to say that any Wii game from Nintendo featuring a peripheral is going to be hard to fucking top.
Dont worry. I'm sure Brawl will win out WW in the end.

Vinci

Danish
Osuwari said:
that will happen only if MKWii fails to put comparable numbers to SSBB in the US in the long run.

Lifetime, I think MK Wii will top Brawl. The Wheel is friendly enough to lure in the blue ocean crowd in a way that no other MK title has ever done.

EDIT: Not to mention it has the best online component on the Wii IMO, which should appeal to the traditional gamers out there.

Jokeropia said:
Right. Poor software sales led to less support which led to fewer releases.
Indeed, actually we can't blame anyone here. It's been like 30 months like that for PSP, then it suddenly fires up in hardware, but no one is taking the system seriously anymore. We could say right now that PSP is unproven territory for a regular software lineup. Bad news for Sony is that such lineup is very unlikely to show up this late in its life despite the good hardware news.

Vinci

Danish
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
We could say right now that PSP is proven territory for the Monster Hunter franchise.

Fixed, 'cause I think that's all this has proved or all we can actually assume about the system at this point.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Indeed, actually we can't blame anyone here. It's been like 30 months like that for PSP, then it suddenly fires up in hardware, but no one is taking the system seriously anymore. We could say right now that PSP is unproven territory for a regular software lineup. Bad news for Sony is that such lineup is very unlikely to show up this late in its life despite the good hardware news.
Which is exactly why the PS3 and 360 are, for all intents and purposes, dead in Japan. They'll follow the same pattern as the PSP (assuming hardware sales ever pick up). Though I don't think PSP is unproven for software, new games seem to sell pretty respectably when they're rarely released, but in the eyes of the publishers it's a failure, and that's all that matters.

Kinda irks me, because it's basically forcing game development to go backwards...

donny2112

Famitsu Apr 21-May 4

1. WII Mario Kart Wii 320953 / 1129882
2. PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2 G 239585 / 1970639
3. NDS Taiko Drum Master 2 100979 / NEW
4. PS3 Valkyria Chronicles 100788 / NEW
5. WII Link's Crossbow Training with Wii Zapper 89879 / NEW
6. WII Wii Fit 84608 / 1938826
7. NDS Bokura wa Kaseki Holder (We are Fossil Diggers) 51333 / 90999
8. NDS Summon Night 50486 / NEW
9. NDS Pokemon Ranger: Batonnage 48219 / 493913
10. NDS Beautiful Letter Training DS 47119 / 210156
11. NDS Mario Kart DS 42736 / 3007153
12. PS2 Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin 33411 / 347677
13. WII Wii Sports 31482 / 2903242
14. WII Wii Play 28824 / 2319469
15. WII Deca Sporta: Wii de Sports 10 Shumoku! 27673 / 161846
16. PS2 Pro Yakyuu Spirits 5 26179 / 146753
17. NDS Naruto Shippuden: Shinobi Retsuden 2 25077 / NEW
18. NDS Emblem of Gundam 22568 / NEW
19. WII Super Smash Bros. Brawl 21548 / 1623146
20. NDS Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! Fate of Heat 17411 / NEW
21. PSP Vantage Master Portable 16142 / NEW
22. NDS Phoenix Wright (NEW BEST) 15892 / 21025
23. NDS Yattaman DS: Bikkuridokkiri Daisakusen da Koron 15230 / NEW
24. NDS Mario Party DS 14778 / 1690967
25. NDS SimCity DS 2: Kodai kara Mirai e Tsuduku Machi 14528 / 118753
26. NDS New Super Mario Bros. 14294 / 5161416
27. 360 Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 14145 / NEW
28. NDS Tantei Jinguuji Saburo DS: Kienai Kokoro 14058 / NEW
29. NDS Ace Attorney 4 (NEW BEST) 13139 / NEW
30. NDS Phoenix Wright 3 (NEW BEST) 12727 / NEW

*. NDS Anpanman to Asobo: ABC Kyoushitsu 980 / NEW
*. NDS Keikishi Gunzou Presents: Monoshiri Bakumatsu-Ou 540 / NEW

Recent Famitsu Top 30s

Mar 31-Apr 6, 2008
Apr 7-13, 2008
Apr 14-20, 2008

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Numbers:

PSP 89,884
Wii 67,308
DS Lite 51,228
PS3 8,054
PS2 7,464
Xbox 360 1,298

test_account

XP-39C²
schuelma said:
Numbers:

PSP 89,884
Wii 67,308
DS Lite 51,228
PS3 8,054
PS2 7,464
Xbox 360 1,298
Thanks for the numbers :) Fairly good sales all around except PS3 and Xbox 360 (PS2 is like 8 years old so for its still selling is pretty good in my opinion).

Bebpo

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Actually the Namco leak showed they were doubling their PSP titles (14 for the fiscal year) because of the PSP hardware surge. So publishers might give the PSP another shot because of the great HW numbers it's been doing. But who knows if Japanese gamers will want
to pay for
those new games.

legend166

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Yeah, its pretty telling that the whole bunch of new PSP games getting released every week debut outside Top30.

Oh, wait.

Yeah, but you've had an average of 80-90k people picking up the system each week for months now. Surely they'd be able to get enough catalog sales to have more than 3 titles in the top 50? 30-50 aren't selling much.

ccbfan

legend166 said:
Yeah, but you've had an average of 80-90k people picking up the system each week for months now. Surely they'd be able to get enough catalog sales to have more than 3 titles in the top 50? 30-50 aren't selling much.

It's already hard enough in the U.S to have games that didn't sell at the start to be kept in stock after its first shipment liquidation. Well its a tons harder in Japan. When a game dies in Japan it dies. Store forget about it and people do too. Those backlog means nothing if store don't stock them.

New PSP software have been doing well since the slim and arguably third party software on the PSP have been doing the best among the current gen systems since the slim.

Also it takes time to companies to starting hoping back on the PSP wagon. We already seen how long its been taking third parties for the Wii? I expect more games announced soon. Hopefully Sony would get off their lazy ass and supports their own handheld cause they have been the most disappointing of all.

donny2112

The Battle for Second Place

PS3vsWiiBo_MC-1.png

Difference: 3,843

Next week is the week ...

beef3483

Is Panther still banned? If so, for how long?

I hope it wasn't a permaban. I never really thought he went over the line on anything and felt he was an asset to Neogaf in general. I really miss his graphs.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
HK-47 said:
Panther can get out of hand sometimes...and he has the ire of certain mods

His posts are the only reason I come int these threads. I can't believe he got banned. He's a huge asset.

milanbaros

Member?
perfectchaos007 said:
Except the PSP is being insubordinate right now in Japan. People are buying it like its the new DS or something.

Its doing well but its no DS c2006.

The PS3 died in Japan already which is a bigger turnaround than anywhere considering the PS2/GC last gen.

Soule

lol i was waiting for panther as well, thanks for breaking the news of the ban at least it's saved me some time waiting.

Bebpo said:
Actually the Namco leak showed they were doubling their PSP titles (14 for the fiscal year) because of the PSP hardware surge. So publishers might give the PSP another shot because of the great HW numbers it's been doing. But who knows if Japanese gamers will want
to pay for
those new games.

Jasoncheng said:
MediaCreate-Ranking
http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

TOP50
NDS:32
Wii:11
PSP:3
PS2:2
PS3:2
I don't think that'll be the case, bepbo.

test_account

XP-39C²
Mr. Pointy said:
I don't think that'll be the case, bepbo.
I think he ment in the near and/or distant future, that developers might release more games for the PSP. But i think i know what you mean though, the PSP software is still low now eventhough the hardware is higher.

First day sales

PSP Bleach: Heat the Soul 5 - 20.000
NDS Luminous Arc 2 - 20.000 (60k shipment)
WII Totsugeki!! Famicom Wars VS - 12.000
360 The Darkness - 2.000 (30% sell through)
PS2 Aoishiro LE - 2.000 (40% sell through)
PSP Ikuze! Gen-San: Yuuyake Daiku Monogatari - 1.000

Both Bleach and Luminous Arc improve very slighty their previous entries openings, it seems the first LA value crumbled so the shipment this time is smaller.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Sony should've had 8ing working on a PS3 Bleach instead. There was really no need for 5 on PSP. :lol

Top Bottom