• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/18 - 6/24

PC Gaijin

Link said:
What's with the crazy-ass Saturn bump at Week 31?

That bump was from the first major price drop for the Saturn in Japan. Virtua Fighter 2 didn't come out until the end of 95, a year after the Saturn released.

PC Gaijin

SaturnPS3cum.gif

They're about even at this point.

PC Gaijin

AniHawk said:
Except the Saturn has some good games on the way, at least.

Riglord Saga comes out soon. Er...yeah. WTF are these Saturn owners buying? Super Real Mahjong PV? Sony needs to allow red label mahjong games on the PS3 to stay competitive.

BTW, the PS3 is tracking pretty closely to PS1 as well. About 175k behind at this point.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
PC Gaijin said:
BTW, the PS3 is tracking pretty closely to PS1 as well. About 175k behind at this point.

when did the PS1 (month-wise) begin to outsell competition, anyhow?

PC Gaijin said:
Riglord Saga comes out soon. Er...yeah. WTF are these Saturn owners buying? Super Real Mahjong PV? Sony needs to allow red label mahjong games on the PS3 to stay competitive.

That's pretty ****ing funny. It would be awesome if the PS3 ends up falling between the Saturn and the PC-FX and ends up full of hentai games and dating sims.

EDIT: Grammar.

PC Gaijin

davepoobond said:
when did the PS1 (month-wise) begin to outsell competition, anyhow?

Saturn and PS1 were back and forth for awhile, but basically about even until late 96 IIRC. January 97 was DQ going to PS1 announcement and release of FFVII. PS1 pulled away at that point, doubling its userbase in 97 while Saturn flat-lined.

A little off topic, but does anyone have a link to the thread that has the comparisons between the three console makers profit wise over the last few years?

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
LiquidMamba said:
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16697
According to the Famitsu Marketing Data Service, the PS2 was at 3,267,000 at its 30th week of sales, compared to the Wii at 2,764,00. Does that include the missing online sales data for the PS2 perhaps?

Wow, that kinda sucks for that guy who accepted the bet that the Wii would outsell the PS2 by the end of their 52 week. The Wii needs to outsell the PS2 by 23k units every week for 22 weeks.

Hmmm....just rough guessing...the Wii has to average 59,000 units per week from now until November to outsell the PS2. Actually, it has a good chance of happening.

apujanata

AniHawk said:
Virtua Fighter 2.

So, Virtua Fighter 2 can help Saturn increase their sales exponentially, while VF5 barely help PS3 sales. Wow.

Edit : Sorry, my cranky detector was in repair shop, so I couldn't detect a cranky post. I'll do better next time.

lupin23rd

bmf said:
That's pretty ****ing funny. It would be awesome if the PS3 ends up falling between the Saturn and the PC-FX and ends up full of hentai games and dating sims.

EDIT: Grammar.

Adult games on the underdog console FTW!

pickwick

LiquidMamba said:
According to the Famitsu Marketing Data Service, the PS2 was at 3,267,000 at its 30th week of sales, compared to the Wii at 2,764,00. Does that include the missing online sales data for the PS2 perhaps?

Not bad for the Wii if you know that Japan market was the only one for the PS2 during more than..... 30 weeks (from march 4 to october 26, release date in US market)

I don't think PS2 would have been sold 3,2 in japan in 30 weeks if PS2 had been available in europe and NA in same time...

Parl

titiklabingapat said:
They didn't give any numbers but does that mean that the attach rate is more than 3.something that the 360 had in Japan?

Well, I dunno. But it's most likely referring to 7 months after launch, as attack ratios go up through a console's cycle, so it'd be highly unfair comparing the current 360 tie ratio to Wii's or PS3's.

creamsugar

Famitsu number

DS - 150k
Wii - 70k
PSP - 40K
PS2 - 20K
PS3 - ?

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 160,604 (448,886)
Itadaki Street DS - 68,849 (209,409)

SRW OG - 300K
Tales of Fandom Vol. 2 - 50K
Ratchet & Clank 5 - 40k
DK Bongo Blast - 25k

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Zelda raking it up. Will be more interesting to see how it goes in it's 3rd and 4th week though.

Jackano

PH has legs, very enjoying news.
It will pass half a million and TP score next week, and the best selling portable Zelda status the week after.

Mission accomplished!

Sharp

creamsugar said:
Famitsu number

DS - 150k
Wii - 70k
PSP - 40K
PS2 - 20K
PS3 - ?

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 160,604 (448,886)g

SRW OG - 300K
Ratchet & Clank 5 - 40k
DK Bongo Blast - 25k
Nice, if somewhat inexplicable, bump for the PSP; was it R&C that did it? PS2 also got a bump but the cause of that one is a little more obvious.

Culex

Banned
creamsugar said:
Famitsu number

DS - 150k
Wii - 70k
PSP - 40K
PS2 - 20K
PS3 - ?

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 160,604 (448,886)g

SRW OG - 300K
Ratchet & Clank 5 - 40k
DK Bongo Blast - 25k

So basically, if those 70k Wii sales translate to about 65k for Media-Create again, the Wii is cruising along. No signs of slowdown either, especially with all the new titles coming up shortly.

DQ Swords, anyone?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jackano said:
PH has legs, very enjoying news.
It will pass half a million and TP score next week, and the best selling portable Zelda status the week after.

Mission accomplished!

I actually have a sweet Zelda sales graph that I'll be posting tonight after the MC numbers come out (I figured I'd wait until PH rakes up enough sales to break the top 8 and be visually included) along with a "Top 10 Next-Gen Game Sales" Graph of Controversy and three or four other graphs.

jesusraz

Sharp said:
I'm a little confused about Zelda:pH sales, actually--weren't only 400k shipped?

That was for week one. Clearly Nintendo must have seen the mammoth demand and quickly churned out more units to try and meet the demand.

Nice to see Itadaki holding on well...Hopefully it can definitely reach 500,000. I had initially thought it could do a million, but with Zelda stealing some of its launch thunder, chances are lower now (not impossible, though).

ethelred

NeonZ said:
I hope it won't get much higher than that. I'd realy hate to see OG series games replacing the real crossover-type SRWs.

I'd love to see that, personally.

jesusraz said:
Nice to see Itadaki holding on well...Hopefully it can definitely reach 500,000. I had initially thought it could do a million, but with Zelda stealing some of its launch thunder, chances are lower now (not impossible, though).

No, it definitely won't be a million seller, but I can see it killing the sales for the PS2's Dragon Quest + Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street. That one topped out at 380k. Itadaki 3 (also PS2) only did 163k, and Gorgeous King on PSX did 280k... I don't know the sales of the older games, but honestly, it looks like Itadaki DS is going to be one of the best sellers in the series if not the best.

creamsugar said:

Nice. Okay. Double the second week sales of Wind Waker. It'll be very interesting to see where this one ends up LTD.

Code:
Ocarina of Time	N64  	386,234  	131,662  	1,147,068
Majora's Mask	N64 	314,414 	103,822 	601,539 
Wind Waker	GC 	287,346 	84,869 		742,609 
Minish Cap	GBA 	92,882 		30,428 		235,400 
Twilight Prncss	Wii 	145,068 	36,358 		477,075 
Phantom		NDS	288,282		160,604		448,886

jesusraz

ethelred said:
No, it definitely won't be a million seller, but I can see it killing the sales for the PS2's Dragon Quest + Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street. That one topped out at 380k. Itadaki 3 (also PS2) only did 163k, and Gorgeous King on PSX did 280k... I don't know the sales of the older games, but honestly, it looks like Itadaki DS is going to be one of the best sellers in the series if not the best.

Ah right, I was under the impression the PS2 game sold about 500,000...but I must have been thining PS2+PSP remake together, or something like that.

With any luck it'll be the first in the series to receive a translation.

ziran

Famtisu June 25th - July 1st Top 10
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/07/04/103,1183545261,74551,0,0.html

1. Super Robot Wars OG: Original Generations (PS2)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (NDS)
3. Itadaki Street DS (NDS)
4. Practice by Observing: DS Observation Training (NDS)
5. Tales of Fandom Vol. 2 (PS2)
6. Rachet and Clank 5 (PSP)
7. Wii Sports (Wii)
8. Kiku! Kaku! Kotoba o Fuyasu! Hajimete no Eigo Training (NDS)
9. Donkey Kong Jet Race (Wii)
10. Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! DS Frame Rumble Gaikyoushuu (NDS)

creamsugar said:
Famitsu number

DS - 150k
Wii - 70k
PSP - 40K
PS2 - 20K
PS3 - ?

SRW OG - 300K
Ratchet & Clank 5 - 40k
DK Bongo Blast - 25k
Nice numbers for Phantom Hourglass, it's going to sail past Twilight Princess and could end up a million seller. I'm looking forward to how Nintendo tackles Zelda Wii.

PC Gaijin said:
Week to week comparison. I'm too lazy to make a nicer graph.
What's your source? I've only found Famitsu numbers going back to a bit before Dreamcast.
LiquidMamba said:
Hmm, sounds likely. Using the old Famitsu numbers, at week 30 it comes to 2,757,379; a difference of 509,621.

Sharp

cvxfreak said:
I hope Phantom Hourglass doesn't suddenly slow down like Yoshi's Island DS did.
Yoshi's Island DS sold about 800,000 units, though, didn't it? If PH slowed down like that, it would still be one of the best-selling Zeldas in Japan.

Xeke

Banned
ziran said:
Famtisu June 25th - July 1st Top 10
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/07/04/103,1183545261,74551,0,0.html

1. Super Robot Wars OG: Original Generations (PS2)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (NDS)
3. Itadaki Street DS (NDS)
4. Practice by Observing: DS Observation Training (NDS)
5. Tales of Fandom Vol. 2 (PS2)
6. Rachet and Clank 5 (PSP)
7. Wii Sports (Wii)
8. Kiku! Kaku! Kotoba o Fuyasu! Hajimete no Eigo Training (NDS)
9. Donkey Kong Jet Race (Wii)
10. Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! DS Frame Rumble Gaikyoushuu (NDS)

Nice numbers for Phantom Hourglass, it's going to sail past Twilight Princess and could end up a million seller. I'm looking forward to how Nintendo tackles Zelda Wii.

Observation Training is showing continuing legs. Whats the next training game?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
ethelred said:
Botox Training, also known as IntSys Fans Suicide Watch Training.
:lol dude, cheer up. that game is a warm-up before the real deal.

Top Bottom