Media Create Sales 6/18 - 6/24

JDSN

Banned
Sep 13, 2006
23,949
0
0
I just pictured an old Japanese person playing Saints Row. :lol

Looks like RE4 isnt coming back. :(
 

linsivvi

Member
Aug 8, 2006
18,662
0
0
JudgeN said:
I don't understand people in Japan, such a colorful game like Folksouls and no one cares, but yet people keep buying NSMB.
Right. So people who are lttp and just bought a DS shouldn't buy NSMB and instead should buy an obscure game for a console that they do not even own. Makes perfect sense.
 

koam

Member
Jun 17, 2004
16,912
0
1,600
Monk said:
Wii sports still there?????
10:
This is the game that always sells
yes it will sell on and on my friend
some people started buying it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue buying it forever just because
goto 10:
 

NinSoX

Banned
Jun 2, 2005
2,468
0
0
Mirimar said:
I just didn't want to see it in the top 30 :D
Why's that? It can't be because you hate RPGs since you were lusting for Folklore to sell well in another thread :lol
 

jrricky

Banned
Feb 12, 2007
5,556
0
0
31
garden state
Just rechecking the charts and noticed that FolkSoul bombed completely, RE4 dropped like it was nothing, and Ninja Gaiden and Trusty Bell dropped like 2 giant bricks.
 

RiskyChris

Banned
Feb 21, 2007
13,543
0
0
koam said:
10:
This is the game that always sells
yes it will sell on and on my friend
some people started buying it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue buying it forever just because
goto 10:
This is the game that always sells
yes it will sell on and on my friend
some people started buying it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue buying it forever just because
This is the game that always sells
yes it will sell on and on my friend
some people started buying it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue buying it forever just because
This is the game that always sells
yes it will sell on and on my friend
some people started buying it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue buying it forever just because
This is the game that always sells
yes it will sell on and on my friend
some people started buying it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue buying it forever just because
This is the game that always sells
yes it will sell on and on my friend
some people started buying it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue buying it forever just because
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
And said "you’re moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air"
I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
Licensplate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air
I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabby "yo, home smell you later"
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air
 

Mirimar

Member
Aug 22, 2006
2,074
0
980
NinSoX said:
Why's that? It can't be because you hate RPGs since you were lusting for Folklore to sell well in another thread :lol
Nah, game just didn't sit well with me. As for Folksoul, who knows where that'll be next week. Probably off the list as well.
 

kuYuri

Member
Mar 30, 2007
14,782
0
1,025
Trusty Bell drops off like a bomb and now Folks Soul just misses the top 10.

...

=(
 

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Feb 22, 2007
37,669
0
0
TSA said:
Those numbers are kinda close, some are off by more than I would like. Anyway, relevant issue is I think PH will break 500,000 7 day sales, and I think it will break 1,000,000 sales by month's end. I mean, ****, Phantom Hourglass' WEEK sales in Japan might beat Twilight Princess' first month US sales...that would be a shocker.
That's really not a fair comparision. Japanese releases tend to be front loaded compared to NA releases. Plus Twilight Princess came out during launch while the supply of consoles was still limited.
 

ethelred

Member
Dec 19, 2005
16,019
1
0
Phantom Hourglass's opening is amazing when looked at in context:

Code:
Ocarina of Time	N64  	386,234  	131,662  	1,147,068
Majora's Mask	N64 	314,414 	103,822 	601,539 
Wind Waker	GC 	287,346 	84,869 		742,609 
Minish Cap	GBA 	92,882 		30,428 		235,400 
Twilight Prncss	Wii 	145,068 	36,358 		477,075
TSA said:
Those numbers are kinda close, some are off by more than I would like.
Oh, so sorry Famitsu doesn't match your exacting standards, ioi TSA. :lol
 

Paws of Fury

Member
Jan 31, 2007
21
0
0
Vinnk said:
I know people are just joking (at least I HOPE they are) but in case there is any confusion at all, the following games are not supply constrained at least in my town they are abundantly available:

Folks soul
Trusty Bell
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
True! And where I live not even Wii is supply constrained, or DS. Hey... I can buy the f*c* ever I want! :D
 

SabinFigaro

Member
Mar 20, 2007
2,586
0
980
www.backloggery.com
jrricky said:
Just rechecking the charts and noticed that FolkSoul bombed completely, RE4 dropped like it was nothing, and Ninja Gaiden and Trusty Bell dropped like 2 giant bricks.
This is next gen?

ethelred said:
Phantom Hourglass's opening is amazing...
No, this is next gen, and I shudder to think of the madness to come when DQIX is released.
 

ethelred

Member
Dec 19, 2005
16,019
1
0
Jonnyram said:
Yup, but it's not the first Nintendo franchise that the DS has managed to resurrect. I hope they can continue the trend.
I'd like to see it resurrect a few non-Nintendo franchises, too, honestly, though I'm still happy to see a resurgence for Mario, Zelda, et al. Though so far as Nintendo franchises go, I really think Fire Emblem's due a nice resurrection...

sphinx said:
Are you telling me PH is almost on Par with Oot and MM's forst week performance??? wow, amazing.
Not a 100% fair comparison, as the old numbers I use are Famitsu's, and we're looking at Media Create sales for PH. Still, point made, I imagine.
 

sphinx

the piano man
Nov 21, 2006
15,739
0
1,350
Germany
ethelred said:
Phantom Hourglass's opening is amazing when looked at in context:

Code:
Ocarina of Time	N64  	386,234  	131,662  	1,147,068
Majora's Mask	N64 	314,414 	103,822 	601,539 
Wind Waker	GC 	287,346 	84,869 		742,609 
Minish Cap	GBA 	92,882 		30,428 		235,400 
Twilight Prncss	Wii 	145,068 	36,358 		477,075


Oh, so sorry Famitsu doesn't match your exacting standards, ioi TSA. :lol
Are you telling me PH is almost on Par with Oot and MM's forst week performance??? wow, amazing.
 

ivysaur12

Banned
Dec 28, 2005
39,514
0
0
Jonnyram said:
Yup, but it's not the first Nintendo franchise that the DS has managed to resurrect. I hope they can continue the trend.
BK DS!

If there's anything to resurrect ><
 

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Apr 8, 2005
15,737
1
0
twitter.com
Cheesemeister said:
300k accounting for 3 days of the week is really damn good considering also how poor Minish Cap fared in Japan (<250k LTD IIRC) and that there's still the flagship title in the franchise hanging on nicely in the chart.

Nintendo Japan and Miya must be pleased, hopefully this means more "experimental" Zeldas after so many idiots cried for "were the hell is my realistic Link E3 2001!!11"

l
 

super funk

Member
Mar 6, 2007
2,052
0
0
Damn fine sales for Zelda, espcecially when you look at the first week sales of the other Zelda games. Im glad too because hopefully this means we see another cel shaded Zelda and espcially one in the Wind Waker world again.
 

laserbeam

Banned
Mar 23, 2007
6,938
0
0
Dash Kappei said:
300k accounting for 3 days of the week is really damn good considering also how poor Minish Cap fared in Japan (<250k LTD IIRC) and that there's still the flagship title in the franchise hanging on nicely in the chart.

Nintendo Japan and Miya must be pleased, hopefully this means more "experimental" Zeldas after so many idiots cried for "were the hell is my realistic Link E3 2001!!11"

l
PH was only out 24 hours for this sales chart. Next weeks chart will have the bulk of its first week
 

Terrell

Member
Apr 1, 2006
12,478
1
1,050
Vancouver, BC, Canada
ethelred said:
I'd like to see it resurrect a few non-Nintendo franchises, too, honestly, though I'm still happy to see a resurgence for Mario, Zelda, et al. Though so far as Nintendo franchises go, I really think Fire Emblem's due a nice resurrection...
Well, one could argue that the DS resurrected the Megaman from drowning in a sea of its own crap. ZX totally proves to me that the franchise is still viable.... that .EXE crap nearly killed Megaman forever. :(
 

Revelations

Banned
Dec 19, 2006
4,213
0
0
Venice
NinSoX said:
Why's that? It can't be because you hate RPGs since you were lusting for Folklore to sell well in another thread :lol
It's quote obvious. It's a 360 game. The "Root for Failure" rate sits high amongst his kind.
 

Tristam

Member
Apr 16, 2007
5,951
0
895
Dash Kappei said:
300k accounting for 3 days of the week is really damn good considering also how poor Minish Cap fared in Japan (<250k LTD IIRC) and that there's still the flagship title in the franchise hanging on nicely in the chart.

Nintendo Japan and Miya must be pleased, hopefully this means more "experimental" Zeldas after so many idiots cried for "were the hell is my realistic Link E3 2001!!11"

l
Completely agreed.
 

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Apr 8, 2005
15,737
1
0
twitter.com
Vinnk said:
I know people are just joking (at least I HOPE they are) but in case there is any confusion at all, the following games are not supply constrained at least in my town they are abundantly available:

Folks soul
Trusty Bell
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Waiting for your great report as usual, will you be able to do a "Vinnk's Village" this week or you're too busy? :)

I would love a podcast you know?! :D
 

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Mar 2, 2006
19,534
0
0
Yep. The Zelda games made especially for kids rocks.
 

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Jul 17, 2005
42,029
2
0
I bet Nintendo gave PH at least 10 times more exposure than TP, anyway.

Still, I expect it to drop off quickly ending probably 100k or so above TP.

And let's see how it fares in the U.S.
 
cvxfreak said:
I think we need a true Donkey Kong Country 4. Unless that one game Jungle Climber is that.
Jungle Climber is a sequel to King of Swing, which is nothing like DKC. You only use the L and R buttons to grab onto pivot swings which you use to launch yourself around the level, collecting Bananas and the like.

A new Donkey Kong Country would be great - Pure platforming, back with only Donkey and Diddy Kong. Perhaps adding a "Kombo" system similar to Jungle Beat.

Who knows what Rare's DS team is working on now since they re-did Diddy Kong Racing.
 

Mau ®

Member
Apr 16, 2005
16,569
0
0
Good Zelda opening. Its going to outsell TP in less than 2 weeks (3 weeks tops).

2 PS3 games?! I said WOW. No such thing will happen again in a while.

I hope they at least show some legs.
 

HylianScribe

Member
Aug 13, 2006
3,733
0
0
Texas
Dash Kappei said:
300k accounting for 3 days of the week is really damn good considering also how poor Minish Cap fared in Japan (<250k LTD IIRC) and that there's still the flagship title in the franchise hanging on nicely in the chart.

Nintendo Japan and Miya must be pleased, hopefully this means more "experimental" Zeldas after so many idiots cried for "were the hell is my realistic Link E3 2001!!11"

l
I do have a question. The game was out on June 21 in Hong Kong. I am actually not familiar with how Media Crate determines its numbers, and how the Hong Kong sellers, like Play-Asia, get their inventory. For anyone in-the-know, would sales of the Japanese version in Hong Kong stores count, in some way, towards that Media Crate final number?

Vic said:
What, I'll be banned for that?


Correction, it's made for CATS...
 

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Mar 2, 2006
19,534
0
0
Me and my shitty wording. I didn't meant that. I'm just saying that the way Nintendo tried to satisfy the "gamers" with TP wasn't a good idea imo. A game like OoT was good, I'm not saying otherwise. It's just that I prefer the "childlike" charm of the Zelda games such as LA, OoT and MC had.

In other words, no more Zelda games for the hardcore gamers please.
 

disc

Banned
Apr 2, 2007
388
0
0
Canberra, Australia
inthezone said:
Good Zelda opening. Its going to outsell TP in less than 2 weeks (3 weeks tops).

2 PS3 games?! I said WOW. No such thing will happen again in a while.

I hope they at least show some legs.
Hot Shots Golf, My Summer Holiday and Wangan Midnight are all about to be released soon. Surely they will sell, well at least Hot Shots Golf.
 

Tristam

Member
Apr 16, 2007
5,951
0
895
Vic said:
Me and my shitty wording. I didn't meant that. I'm just saying that the way Nintendo tried to satisfy the "gamers" with TP wasn't a good idea imo. A game like OoT was good, I'm not saying otherwise. It's just that I prefer the "childlike" charm of the Zelda games such as LA, OoT and MC had.

In other words, no more Zelda games for the hardcore gamers please.
How is Twilight Princess more "HARDCORE" than the other Zelda games?
 

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Jul 17, 2005
42,029
2
0
Vic said:
Me and my shitty wording. I didn't meant that. I'm just saying that the way Nintendo tried to satisfy the "gamers" with TP wasn't a good idea imo. A game like OoT was good, I'm not saying otherwise. It's just that I prefer the "childlike" charm of the Zelda games such as LA, OoT and MC had.
What and what.
 

HylianScribe

Member
Aug 13, 2006
3,733
0
0
Texas
Vic said:
In other words, no more Zelda games for the hardcore gamers please.
[sarcasm]**** YOU JUAN CASTRO! I've found out your GAF handle! Now I can bash you, IGN PlayStation fool.[/sarcasm]

"Hell, even its best games, like Mario, Zelda and Metroid, wouldn’t really qualify as hardcore.”

NEVER FORGET.