• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/16 - 7/22

Vic said:
15. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)

jesus, did that game even when under the top 30?

Out of every DS game with legs, I find that one the most amazing. Its accumulated like 1 million+ sales quietly all in the 10-30 range.

TJ Spyke

Cheese, are you ever gonna use the exact numbers for the top 10 again? I know they get released a day or two later, but it would be nice to be able to see the exact numbers when they are released.

titiklabingapat said:
What's the Wii install base compared to the Wii?

Here's the comparison you asked for.

Wii install base in Japan as of 7/15: 3,059,628

Wii:
nintendo-wii.jpg

TJ Spyke said:
Cheese, are you ever gonna use the exact numbers for the top 10 again? I know they get released a day or two later, but it would be nice to be able to see the exact numbers when they are released.

I report what I get.

Jammy

Banned
jimbo said:
Well this is one of the most boring MC weeks for software in a long time. Hopefully hardware will be more exciting.

Oh, it definitely will. Wii has Gundam 0079 and Mario Party 8 are coming out, and Mario Party 8 could possibly top Minna no Golf 5. We also might see a MinnaBump in PS3 sales... although how big is the question.

EDIT: Dragon Quest Swords is apparently "sold out." I think this game can get to 600,000.

As usual, Nintendo dominance. Look, can I just ask one simple question? I would like honest answers.

Are Media Create numbers even interesting anymore? I mean, it's basically the samething everytime.

I could predict next weeks Media Create numbers if I wanted too.

It's always Wii and DS in the top 10.

Nothing new I guess. Go Nintendo! Go!

Wait till next week folks. That one will be very interesting, as Hot Shots and Mario Party battle it out. Let's see what happens to PS3 sales that week.

Evlar

Banned
FortunateSon said:
As usual, Nintendo dominance. Look, can I just ask one simple question? I would like honest answers.

Are Media Create numbers even interesting anymore? I mean, it's basically the samething everytime.

Next week is going to be a bad example of "Why NPD is boring".

EDIT: And by NPD I mean Media Create. :p

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
FortunateSon said:

Please do.

Tideas

Banned
polg said:
remember it doesn't count because it is SE...

More like, it doesn't count because it's Dragon Quest. U slap that name on any game, no matter how bad, and it'll sell, on ANY system

ethelred

nextgeneration said:
Wait till next week folks. That one will be very interesting, as Hot Shots and Mario Party battle it out. Let's see what happens to PS3 sales that week.

I'm less interested in Minno no Golf and Mario Party than I am in seeing the sales for Subarashiki Kono Sekai.

Tideas said:
More like, it doesn't count because it's Dragon Quest. U slap that name on any game, no matter how bad, and it'll sell, on ANY system

segata8tinew.gif

laserbeam

Banned
Tideas said:

not really spin offs have not sold as well as the main games.

FortunateSon said:

Tideas said:

Go get em boys!

Konami interfering, yet contributing to a possible Nintendo Top 22.

To those that are concerned about the interest in the MC Sales, I would say there is. The interest is to see how many spots Nintendo can get from top to bottom without interference from the competitors. Take away Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball and we possibly see Nintendo take 20 spots before the competition ranks in. I'm holding out for a Nintendo Top 25.

rakka

polg said:
remember it doesn't count because it is SE...

More S-E is always welcome :D

Tideas said:

Exactly. And it will have even better sales on a system that is selling well.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I'll have to add an observation. Even though they get a lot of shit around here, Sega might be the third most successful publisher behind Nintendo and Square-Enix on the DS in Japan and maybe 3rd worldwide on the Wii.

bgassassin said:
Konami interfering, yet contributing to a possible Nintendo Top 22.

To those that are concerned about the interest in the MC Sales, I would say there is. The interest is to see how many spots Nintendo can get from top to bottom without interference from the competitors. Take away Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball and we possibly see Nintendo take 20 spots before the competition ranks in. I'm holding out for a Nintendo Top 25.
Konami has bet on the wrong horse, and will continue to do so. Mark my knowledged words regarding the understanding of stubborn, know it all businessmen. I'm surprised they exist in Japan though, it is a distinctly American downfall usually.

KINGMOKU

So, is there any official betting going on for Golf/Party first week totals?

I could get in on that shit. Only thing of interest in these threads anymore, is betting on how many units big titles will sell.

polg

rakka said:
More S-E is always welcome :D

Exactly. And it will have even better sales on a system that is selling well.

I was being sarcastic...

"Sequels don't count
Remakes don't count
SE doesn't count
3rd party games with Nintendo cameos don't count"

AniHawk said:
Hot Shots Golf 5.

Basically, if it does absolutely nothing for PS3 sales (and I mean doesn't get it to 30k-40k levels), the system is never coming back, ever, and the Playstation's brand name in Japan will be effectively meaningless.

Still too expensive. I'd be amazed even if it did 20k actually. But I'm sure it will sell when you can get it for ~39k.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
TheKingsCrown said:
Konami has bet on the wrong horse, and will continue to do so.
I don't remember Konami doing bad business decisions. What's wrong with publishing an 100k+ seller on the PS2?

FortunateSon said:

People like domination.

Evlar

Banned
Vic said:
I don't remember Konami doing bad business decisions. What's wrong with publishing an 100k+ seller on the PS2?
I guess he's talking more about MGS4. I don't think that's a mistake, though. It couldn't be ported to Wii if they wanted to.

Verve

titiklabingapat said:
What's the Wii install base compared to the Wii? The baseball game relatively did better, ratio-wise, on the Wii than what I expected.

as of last week ps2:wii (i'm pretty sure that's what you asked and i can't imagine another wii:wii joke ;)) was 6.74:1 if i calculate correctly...
so 3.19:1 sales of the game are great for the wii version, i think.

fernoca

Darn..so close to be a Top 20 Nintendo game sales.. :lol

titi..was you last post sarcastic??
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Link

The Autumn Wind
You'd think people coming into these threads just to say how boring they are (read: not what they want to see) would just stay out of them. But then I remember this is GAF and common sense is outside the realm of possibilities.

EDIT -
super funk said:
Yeah Im not going to touch this one.
Touching is good.

lockii said:
Much of a muchness.

The Sphinx said:
Wii compared to Wii is very close to 1:1.

oops, brainfart. I meant compared to the PS2:lol

TheKingsCrown said:
Konami has bet on the wrong horse, and will continue to do so. Mark my knowledged words regarding the understanding of stubborn, know it all businessmen. I'm surprised they exist in Japan though, it is a distinctly American downfall usually.

Indeed. Konami is basically in Sony's camp for the forseeable future. I don't think they are even planning anything big for the 360. Sony is making their movie and showering them with cellphones so I'm not really surprised.

fernoca said:
Darn..so close to be a Top 20 Nintendo game sales.. :lol

titi..was you last post sarcastic??
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Titi means penis in tagalog, which, coincidentally is what I am using in my username(titiklabingapat means letter fourteen).

FortunateSon said:

You'd feel differently about this if your system was kicking ass in the charts.

Wii-za

moku said:
So, is there any official betting going on for Golf/Party first week totals?

I could get in on that shit. Only thing of interest in these threads anymore, is betting on how many units big titles will sell.

Ok...I like betting...

I BET A 1 MONTH BAN THAT MP8 IS GOING TO OUTSELL MNG5 BY AT LEAST 50%.

There you go...

edit: Anyone else wanna bet? Sony fans I'm looking at you!!!

Jammy

Banned
Wii software sales should be doing pretty well in the next couple of weeks. There's going to be continued success of Dragon Quest Swords, the huge release of Mario Party 8, a Gundam game, and Power Pro should continue to sell okay. Wii games should be very well represented in the top 50 after next week.

FortunateSon said:

Go look at last weeks MC thread pages 11-20: <http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172362&page=11> post number 531 and after that and come back and tell me MC numbers are boring. They can be every bit as entertaining and exciting as you yourself make them to be. Key point is: If you believe what you're saying, THEN you've got yourself a fun, 1,000+ replies MC thread, with jokes, and jpegs.... and possible ban.

Dragona Akehi said:
Aww, how sweet. Maybe he'll play nice.

May I play nice tonight?

KINGMOKU

Wii-za said:
Ok...I like betting...

I BET A 1 MONTH BAN THAT MP8 IS GOING TO OUTSELL MNG5 BY AT LEAST 50%.

There you go...

edit: Anyone else wanna bet? Sony fans I'm looking at you!!!
Eh, not ban bets, just you know, like NPD predictions.

See who can get closest.

I'll just put mine out there.

PS3 GOLF-274,000
Wii PARTY-312,000

Innotech

Banned
MP8 isnt a bad game. I own it and I dont regret it seriously. For a party game or just a game with friends around, theres not much better.

Link said:
You'd think people coming into these threads just to say how boring they are (read: not what they want to see) would just stay out of them. But then I remember this is GAF and common sense is outside the realm of possibilities.

EDIT - Touching is good.

I think Ps3 is doing good. What's your point? Fact is, the Media Create threads are pretty boring. Not even another system on the top 10. That's just, wow.

You'd feel differently about this if your system was kicking ass in the charts.

My system is doing pretty good I think.

Wii-za

FortunateSon said:
I think Ps3 is doing good. What's your point? Fact is, the Media Create threads are pretty boring. Not even another system on the top 10. That's just, wow.

My system is doing pretty good I think.

Thats the point...pretty good =! kicking ass.

Period.

Top Bottom