• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/9 - 7/15

cvxfreak said:
Why do I have a feeling Biohazard 5 is screwed, sales-wise?

The only thing left for Capcom to do here is announce it for the wii a few months before the 360/PS3 versions are released.

They did it to Nintendo on the GC, they shouldn't be any special treatment for those two failed consoles

Miguga64 said:
And Nintendomination... And Nintendomination... ???? :lol

Good for DQS, it will be next week at a shure 70-100k

Today is MC software numbers, Tomorrow is MC Hardware numbers and NPD Hardware and Software numbers.

norinrad21 said:
The only thing left for Capcom to do here is announce it for the wii a few months before the 360/PS3 versions are released.

They did it to Nintendo on the GC, they shouldn't be any special treatment for those two failed consoles

...do we really want to go here?

norinrad21 said:

While both systems are relative failures in Japan, I was under the impression that the 360 had amazing software sales for the size of it's userbase in America. I wouldn't exactly call that a failure. (Can't really speak for the PS3's performance anywhere.)

A Wii version would be nice though, especially with the wonderful control scheme implemented in the RE4 port.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Colonel Mustard said:
While both systems are relative failures in Japan, I was under the impression that the 360 had amazing software sales for the size of it's userbase in America. I wouldn't exactly call that a failure. (Can't really speak for the PS3's performance anywhere.)

A Wii version would be nice though, especially with the wonderful control scheme implemented in the RE4 port.

Peter Moore put the attach rate at 5.9 which is far beyond any legitimate attempt to gather data on the Wii would show(and may even be 2+ titles per console over it, plus XBLA games)

laserbeam said:
NPD delayed til monday :(
:lol Youre kidding, right? You've gotta be kidding. Please say youre kidding!....Youre not kidding...are you..... :(

Noooooo.jpg

laserbeam

Banned
AzureNightmareXE said:
:lol Youre kidding, right? You've gotta be kidding. Please say youre kidding!....Youre not kidding...are you..... :(

sadly no. they have some new system they are using so they wont be releasing data til monday. So we get japanese bomb tommorrow then we drool in anticipation over the whole weekend

Lightning

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Biohazard 5 is so screwed, it's not going to be pretty. :(
LOL

Dude, you need to check sale figures. Resident Evil has been declining in Japan ever since RE3. You are making a claim for RE5 on the Wii like it is going to drastically help sales when truth be told it is not going to make one bit of difference.

The Resident Evil fanbase is in the US and EU and that is where it will sell the most, regardless of what system it is on.

Those thinking that the 360 will carry the torch and blitz the PS3 sales in the game are also in for a few surprises, I don't expect RE5 to fall 08 and the Ps3 sales will read a different story come that time.

KINGMOKU

Lightning said:
LOL

Dude, you need to check sale figures. Resident Evil has been declining in Japan ever since RE3. You are making a claim for RE5 on the Wii like it is going to drastically help sales when truth be told it is not going to make one bit of difference.

The Resident Evil fanbase is in the US and EU and that is where it will sell the most, regardless of what system it is on.

Those thinking that the 360 will carry the torch and blitz the PS3 sales in the game are also in for a few surprises, I don't expect RE5 to fall 08 and the Ps3 sales will read a different story come that time.
Yeah! What the hell is wrong with you cvxfreak?!?!? Check the sales dude!

Yeah, check the sales of a Resident Evil game CVX!

:lol This is going to be awesome

sphinx

the piano man
Dragona Akehi said:
...do we really want to go here?

just out of curiosity, dragona, why are you so opposed to this kind of discussion? I don't think there's something wrong in stressing opinions about what games people think should go to what consoles at some specific time for some specific reason.

I understand you are trying to avoid the " Lolz, MGS4 to 360! " and similar BS but there's a difference between making stuff up and genuinly discussing why or why not a game should be on an specific console.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Lightning said:
LOL

You'll be fun.

sphinx said:
just out of curiosity, dragona, why are you so opposed to this kind of discussion? I don't think there's something wrong in stressing opinions about what games people think should go to what consoles at some specific time for some specific reason.

I understand you are trying to avoid the " Lolz, MGS4 to 360! " and similar BS but there's a difference between making stuff up and genuinly discussing why or why not a game should be on an specific console.
I wouldn't ask that question right now.

*cowers*

ethelred

sphinx said:

People aren't genuinely discussing why a game should or should not be on a specific console; they're just wanting most every high profile game on their console and pretending to be shareholders casting proxies as a smokescreen for why said lusting should be vocalized.

cvxfreak

Lightning said:
LOL

I've known the Biohazard series sales figures almost by heart for the last five years, thank you very much. And the facts prove that the userbase always helps.

Both CODE: Veronica and Biohazard 4 were released on non-winning systems first. The PS2 versions that came after respectively also managed to sell on par and far beyond the original versions. Of course the series isn't in million selling territory like in the 90s, but it's still a strong series in Japan.

How else could a lower-quality side story like Outbreak make sales of the GC versions its bitch?

It'll be pretty damn ironic if Umbrella Chronicles turns out to be the best selling Biohazard in Japan this gen. :lol :lol :lol

Lightning said:
LOL

CVX didn't mention anything about Resident Evil 5 being on the Wii. He made a general statement about userbase size directly affecting software sales--he was entirely correct.

KINGMOKU

cvxfreak said:
I've known the Biohazard series sales figures almost by heart for the last five years, thank you very much. And the facts prove that the userbase always helps.

Both CODE: Veronica and Biohazard 4 were released on non-winning systems first. The PS2 versions that came after respectively also managed to sell on par and far beyond the original versions. Of course the series isn't in million selling territory like in the 90s, but it's still a strong series in Japan.

How else could a lower-quality side story like Outbreak make sales of the GC versions its bitch?

It'll be pretty damn ironic if Umbrella Chronicles turns out to be the best selling Biohazard in Japan this gen. :lol :lol :lol

I think you need to check the sales again, dude.

Lightning

Banned
cvxfreak said:

Dude, the series is declining in Japan, sales PROVE that. No matter what system Capcom release RE5 on it won't matter in the end because the Japan sales will be the same.

The game will sell in the US and EU and the PS3/360 userbases are well equipped to sell in those areas and both systems have a lot of games that will sell there.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
laserbeam said:
NPD delayed til monday :(

But I've got gifs ready! Doesn't NPD realize that it's unhealthy for us to just sit on gifs for a whole weekend!? It's like holding it in when you really gotta pee. =(

KINGMOKU

Lightning said:
Dude, the series is declining in Japan, sales PROVE that. No matter what system Capcom release RE5 on it won't matter in the end because the Japan sales will be the same.

The game will sell in the US and EU and the PS3/360 userbases are well equipped to sell in those areas and both systems have a lot of games that will sell there.
DUDE!!!

Time to man up CVX.

cvxfreak

Lightning said:

...Biohazard 4 PS2 is the best selling Biohazard title from last gen. And it was the final one released.

ethelred said:
People aren't genuinely discussing why a game should or should not be on a specific console; they're just wanting most every high profile game on their console and pretending to be shareholders casting proxies as a smokescreen for why said lusting should be vocalized.

THANK YOU.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Cheesemeister said:
Here you go.

20070709.png
Why don't you include Yoshis Island :<?
Shame that we won't get to know when/if Yoshis Island DS breaks a million according to Media Create...

Lightning said:

Lightning, they've dropped subtle hints, but let me spell it out for you clearly:

cvxfreak bought every copy of every Biohazard game that sold in Japan.

If he says the sales are going to be low, it's because that's how many copies he preordered.

Lightning

Banned
cvxfreak said:
...Biohazard 4 PS2 is the best selling Biohazard title from last gen. And it was the final one released.
RE4 sold quite well on both the GC and PS2 but that was thanks to EU and US.

Neither the GC or the PS2 version broke 1 mil in Japan and only when you combine sales does it break 1 mil and even then it's barely. By the time the game released on the PS2 the PS2 sales were massive, much bigger then the PS3/Wii/360 sales combined and even then the PS2 version did not sell more than 1mil in Japan. Releasing the game on the Wii won't matter because those who want to play the game will buy the PS3 version anyway. I expect between 600,000 - 1 mil sales of RE5 for the PS3 version by the time the game releases.

The series is on a decline in Japan, it is still going rather well in the US and EU.

Leondexter said:
Lightning, they've dropped subtle hints, but let me spell it out for you clearly:

cvxfreak bought every copy of every Biohazard game that sold in Japan.

If he says the sales are going to be low, it's because that's how many copies he preordered.
I don't recall disputing the fact that RE5's sales will be low in Japan. I said that releasing the game on the Wii is not going to help the problem.

cvxfreak

Lightning said:
RE4 sold quite well on both the GC and PS2 but that was thanks to EU and US.

Neither the GC or the PS2 version broke 1 mil in Japan and only when you combine sales does it break 1 mil and even then it's barely. By the time the game released on the PS2 the PS2 sales were massive, much bigger then the PS3/Wii/360 sales combined and even then the PS2 version did not sell more than 1mil in Japan. Releasing the game on the Wii won't matter because those who want to play the game will buy the PS3 version anyway. I expect between 600,000 - 1 mil sales of RE5 for the PS3 version by the time the game releases.

1. You have your figures wrong. RE4 isn't above 1 Million in Japan, even with the Wii version factored.
2. THIS IS THE WHOLE ****ING POINT OF MY RANT! If Capcom wants to sell tons of Biohazard games, it's going to need the highest selling system to help make that happen. This doesn't necessarily mean it HAS to be Biohazard 5 for obvious reasons.
3. If Capcom put Biohazard 5 on Wii, they could sell another 300-500K. THAT HELPS SALES.

The series is on a decline in Japan, it is still going rather well in the US and EU.

HAY GUYS THE SERIES IS ON DECLINE EVEN THOUGH THE LAST ****ING VERSION WAS THE BEST SELLING ONE LAST GEN I.E. SALES WENT UP FOR THE FINAL RELEASE SO IT WAS ON DECLINE HURR HURR

I guess if (when?) Biohazard 5 tanks, then you'll be right. Bravo! :lol

Christine

Lightning said:
I don't recall disputing the fact that RE5's sales will be low in Japan. I said that releasing the game on the Wii is not going to help the problem.

Woah woah woah

Lightning said:
No matter what system Capcom release RE5 on it won't matter in the end because the Japan sales will be the same.

Deku said:
Well the Wii version will do OK. :lol

No, the series is on a decline. Only DS exclusivity can save it.

Lightning

Banned
cvxfreak said:
I guess if (when?) Biohazard 5 tanks, then you'll be right. Bravo! :lol
RE5 won't tank, it will sell in the US and EU just like RE4 did.

Also, last gen was a crappy gen for Resident Evil. REmake was released on the Gamecube and sold moderately well considering the small userbase, RE0 sucked but still sold more than 1mil, CV was originally on the Dreamcast and we all know how that system ended and was then ported to the GC and PS2.

RE4 was the only real highlight sales wise and Capcom only have themselves to blame for the last gen disaster sales wise with Resident Evil.

TwinIonEngines, in that quote I am referring to Japan's sales not doing any better no matter what console the game is released on.

cvxfreak

Lightning said:
RE5 won't tank, it will sell in the US and EU just like RE4 did.

Biohazard 5 =! Resident Evil 5

I've been ranting about Japan-based in a Media Create thread, not an NPD one. I have faith in the American 360 userbase carrying RE5 sales (and the American Wii one for RE4 Wii, actually). Lost Planet and Dead Rising prove this.

But Japan's always contributed to the overall worldwide sales of a RE/BH game. Which is precisely my point. Even if they sell tons in the west, losing lots of sales in Japan would be unfortunate.

Also, last gen was a crappy gen for Resident Evil. REmake was released on the Gamecube and sold moderately well considering the small userbase, RE0 sucked but still sold more than 1mil, CV was originally on the Dreamcast and we all know how that system ended and was then ported to the GC and PS2.

RE4 was the only real highlight sales wise and Capcom only have themselves to blame for the last gen disaster sales wise with Resident Evil.

And why do you think the GameCube was such a disaster for the RE series (although RE4 did quite well on it)?

Saitou

Banned
Out of all the millions and millions of statistically possible stupid user arguments, arguing about Biohazard with the ****ing freacvxk hisself I did not see coming. No siree.

laserbeam

Banned
mj1108 said:
What?! What are we going to do this weekend then?? Play games or something?

Who are you and what have you done with the real mj1108? Everyone knows we dont play games anymore. Nintendo Killed gaming. we just talk about sales and whine now a days

cvxfreak

Saitou said:
Out of all the millions and millions of statistically possible stupid user arguments, arguing about Biohazard with the ****ing freacvxk hisself I did not see coming. No siree.

For the record, I don't mind RE debate and don't want to use my status as a total RE nerd to shut out contrasting opinion. She/He's welcome to continue debating, but I'll debate back until he/she says something I agree with or vice versa. :lol

Vinnk

I will be doing a count today for my “report” but here is a bit of early info. When I was shopping yesterday (at the largest game store) there were still a couple of copies on the back shelf. But the huge display they had made for all the copies they got was stripped bare. They sold nearly everything.

My friend who lives in Fukuoka (a much bigger city) says he can’t find it anywhere.

It seems that it is not 100% sold out across Japan. But the same was true for Zelda (it took an entire week before it sold out).

Ill be counting in a few hours for all I know it's sold out today. The sales numbers you are reading are already 4 days old.

Saitou

Banned
cvxfreak said:
For the record, I don't mind RE debate and don't want to use my status as a total RE nerd to shut out contrasting opinion. He's welcome to continue debating, but I'll debate back until he says something I agree with or vice versa. :lol

Debate =/= stupid user argument

I'm all for debate. This here is no debate. This here be stoopid.

sphinx

the piano man
fernoca said:
:lol :lol :lol
Lightning discussing Resident Evil with cvxfreak.... :lol :lol

I really admire cvfreak for his patience. the lightning guy getting on his nerves time and again and the most furious answer he was able give was "..2. THIS IS THE WHOLE ****ING POINT OF MY RANT!.." ( capital letters to emphasize he is getting pissed off ).

you are the man, cvfreak, honest :lol :lol .

Top Bottom