Media Create Sales: Apr 12-18

Dec 18, 2004
1,611
1
1,295
Vinnk said:
But with sales like these they don't really need to do anything other than what they are doing now. Depressing...
They are doing something, they're employing Arashi!

Seriously I think it's incredibly unprecedented. DO we have any other industry examples at all, of a company running an entire spread/advertising campaign of a 2 year old game, that is no way an updated or special price version. Next weeks Mario Kart sale totals are Being in the ANTICIPATED mode.
 

Kujo

Member
Feb 8, 2007
3,258
1
0
Seems PS3 reached 5 million this week, not bad. And PSPgo finally passes 100k, lol
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,759
1
0
37
Mojo said:
Seems PS3 reached 5 million this week, not bad. And PSPgo finally passes 100k, lol
Only another 30 weeks before the Go sells out the initial shipment! :lol
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Eteric Rice said:
Nintendo's biggest problem is that they're still a small company. So without third party support, there really can't be a steady stream of good games for a whole year.
.

This is true, but it seems to me like Nintendo purposefully didn't release anything of note for 5 months, betting on NSMB Wii.
 

timetokill

Banned
Oct 19, 2004
32,841
0
0
Los Angeles, CA
schuelma said:
This is true, but it seems to me like Nintendo purposefully didn't release anything of note for 5 months, betting on NSMB Wii.
It would make sense to not put out games when you don't need to, right? If they have some games ready to go, it would be better for them to avoid a complete sales drought and have something in the pipe for if/when NSMB Wii slows down.

I agree that they could probably stand to grow more though. Will be interesting to see if Sora pays dividends, as well as the performance of their RPG stuff.

I know we're talking Japanese sales, but I think they need to look at some more western studios beyond Retro. Next Level has done good work for them but I think they might want/need a little more. If EA is going to bail on them, they should probably put out a Mario football game or some other sports that are underserved on the platform. PES Wii was incredible but I don't know that PES fans knew they were missing the best control scheme for the game :lol

IIRC their baseball game was completely finished on GameCube and then just evaporated. I wonder why.
 

Cosmonaut X

Member
Jun 5, 2006
9,603
0
0
Scotland
timetokill said:
It would make sense to not put out games when you don't need to, right? If they have some games ready to go, it would be better for them to avoid a complete sales drought and have something in the pipe for if/when NSMB Wii slows down.
I don't know about that. I think there's a very strong argument to be made that owners of a system will start to drift away from purchasing new software on release when the release schedule is as barren as it is. They might turn up for the biiiiiig, heavily-promoted release every few months but they'll miss the software in between and smaller titles will suffer. Even if they pick the games up later used or price-slashed, we won't necessarily see that and neither the companies publishing the games or the retailers are going to be overjoyed with that.

Perhaps NSMB Wii will continue to carry hardware sales for a long time, and for a new owner the system has a great back catalogue (and I'd argue that it does, provided you don't expect much major third party support and are prepared to hunt for lower-budget gems) but this isn't a position Nintendo should be happy about, as it's making things far more difficult for the few decent third-party titles that are still coming, and for their own lower-tier games that could do much better with a more energised and active userbase.

Not all their fault - I'd argue that third parties pretty comprehensively shat the bed early on - but they have to take some of the blame for the situation as it is, and need to do more about it.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
kswiston said:
Looking at what you have posted, I don't see how you think second half 2010 will be bigger for the DS than second half 2009. Last year's DS top 3 almost sold a combined 10 million units. Even if Pokemon Black/White sells 5 million units in 2010, there will be a lot of catching up to do, as nothing else this year on the DS is even guaranteed to hit 1.5M.

I bet that the sales of the 2009 DS top 5 beats the sales for the 2010 DS top 10.
Famitsu DS 2009

1 [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix) - 4.100.968 / 4.100.968
2 [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 3.382.597 / 3.382.597
3 [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 2.311.948 / 2.311.948
4 [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders - Fire / Blizzard (Level 5) - 943.615 / 943.615
5 [NDS] Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo) - 717.940 / 717.940
DS top 5: 11.457.068

Current Famitsu DS 2010

1 [NDS] Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reviere (Square Enix) - 1.280.088 / 1.280.088
2 [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 835.766 / 3.147.714
3 [NDS] Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light (Pokemon Co.) - 382.465 / 382.465
4 [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo) - 330.463 / 651.403
5 [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 301.154 / 3.683.751
DS top 5: 3.129.936

Predicted Famitsu DS 2010
1 [NDS] Pokemon Black / White (Pokemon Co.) - 4.500.000
2 [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3: World Challenge!! Spark / Bomber (Level 5) - 1.500.000
3 [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 1.500.000
4 [NDS] Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reviere (Square Enix) - 1.300.000
5 [NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (Square Enix) - 1.200.000
DS top 5: 10.000.000

Right now it looks you are right for top 5 because of the high sales of top 3, but I wouldn't be so sure to bet for that. Like I said if there is a new surprise multimillion seller from Nintendo everything can change and some bigger than expected hits (Ni no Kuni) aren't out of the question.

31. / 33. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders - Fire / Blizzard (Level 5)
32. / 38. [PS3] God of War Collection (Capcom)
33. / 27. [PSP] Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! 3D (SCE)
34. / 32. [PS3] Nobunaga's Ambition: Way of Heaven (Koei)
35. / 34. [PS3] Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (Capcom)
36. / 35. [WII] One Piece: Unlimited Cruise 1 - The Treasure Beneath the Waves (Everyone's Recommendation Selection) (Namco Bandai)
37. / 29. [PSP] Kenka Bancho 4: One Year War (Spike)
38. / 40. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii 2 (Namco Bandai)
39. / 31. [PSP] Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce 2 (Koei)
40. / 39. [PS3] Demon's Souls (Playstation 3 the Best) (SCE)
41. / 36. [PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Electronic Arts)
42. / 41. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo)
43. / 30. [PS3] Winning Post World 2010 (Koei)
44. / 00. [NDS] Lupin the 3rd: The Biggest Brain Battle in History (Namco Bandai)
45. / 23. [PSP] Saki Portable (Alchemist)
46. / 48. [NDS] Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
47. / 50. [WII] Momotaro Railway 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki (Hudson)
48. / 46. [NDS] Nettou! Powerful Koushien (Konami)
49. / 45. [NDS] Hakuouki DS (Idea Factory)
50. / 43. [PSP] Machi-Ing Maker 3 x Tousouchuu (D3 Publisher)

00. / 00. [ALL] Weekly Software Sales (All Publishers) - 584.454 / 19.555.530 (-13%)



NDS - 16
PSP - 12
PS3 - 11
WII - 8
PS2 - 2
360 - 1


HARDWARE

Code:
__________________________________________________________________
|System |  This Week  |  Last Week  |        YTD  |         LTD  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  NDS  |     31.255  |     36.459  |    935.586  |  30.034.174  |
|  PSP  |     30.550  |     31.592  |    916.760  |  14.523.034  |
|  PS3  |     25.590  |     28.973  |    632.023  |   5.019.022  |
|  WII  |     24.344  |     25.345  |    740.912  |  10.182.256  |
|  360  |      2.442  |      3.218  |     55.624  |   1.258.418  |
|  PS2  |      1.531  |      1.425  |     33.607  |  21.639.761  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
| DSiLL |     17.146  |     19.372  |    457.132  |     893.396  |
|  DSi  |     11.240  |     13.738  |    383.985  |   4.630.470  |
|  DSL  |      2.869  |      3.349  |     94.469  |  17.924.837  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  PSP  |     28.635  |     29.766  |    887.398  |  14.421.820  |
| PSPgo |      1.915  |      1.826  |     29.362  |     101.214  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
May 21, 2006
17,232
3
0
I assume your 4.5 million for calendar 2010 for BW is based on BW launching in mid-late September (same as DP) and sales being on track with DP for the rest of the calendar year?
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,759
1
0
37
That Inazuma Eleven 3 prediction is kinda ballsy. It assumes that the title will sell 1.5x what IE2 sold in the same length of time. Considering the enormous growth seen in IE -> IE2, to expect the series to repeat that level of success in the next entry released less than a year after the previous one would be an incredible feat. I'm not saying it won't happen, but that'll be something really abnormal.
 

donny2112

Member
Apr 18, 2005
18,797
0
0
duckroll said:
Considering the enormous growth seen in IE -> IE2, to expect the series to repeat that level of success in the next entry released less than a year after the previous one would be an incredible feat. I'm not saying it won't happen, but that'll be something really abnormal.
Releasing around World Cup. Not saying it'll necessarily see 1.5x growth, but that's got to factor in, too. How have annual soccer games responded to World Cup years previously?
 

test_account

XP-39C²
Mar 22, 2007
23,613
2
1,000
Congratulations to Nintendo for passing (last week) 30 million DS units sold and congratulations to Sony for passing 5 million PS3 units sold! :) Seems that the PS3 sales have been quite health lately compare to the PS3 sales back in 2007 and 2008.



If someone doesnt know the referrence, the PS3 was sometimes referred to as a "sinking ship" due to the poor PS3 sales back in 2007. The animation is taken from a The Simpsons episode where Homer flushes many springs down the toilet, which makes the boat bounce up again hehe :)
 
Nov 17, 2006
24,417
0
0
39
Koga, Ibaraki, Japan
test_account said:
Congratulations to Nintendo for passing (last week) 30 million DS units sold and congratulations to Sony for passing 5 million PS3 units sold! :) Seems that the PS3 sales have been quite health lately compare to the PS3 sales back in 2007 and 2008.



If someone doesnt know the referrence, the PS3 was sometimes referred to as a "sinking ship" due to the poor PS3 sales back in 2007. The animation is taken from a The Simpsons episode where Homer flushes many springs down the toilet, which makes the boat bounce up again hehe :)
Thank fucking Christ you explained that image cuz that shit was so obscure it was gonna go right over my head otherwise.
 

test_account

XP-39C²
Mar 22, 2007
23,613
2
1,000
Segata Sanshiro said:
Thank fucking Christ you explained that image cuz that shit was so obscure it was gonna go right over my head otherwise.
No problem :) It might be someone who didnt follow sales age back in 2007 that didnt know that the PS3 was referred to as a sinking ship back then (it has been quite a while since i have heard it), so i thought that i would mention it, no harm done? But i am surprised that you didnt know the referrence if i hadnt explained it because i am pretty sure that you followed sales age back in 2007 :)
:p
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,759
1
0
37
donny2112 said:
Releasing around World Cup. Not saying it'll necessarily see 1.5x growth, but that's got to factor in, too. How have annual soccer games responded to World Cup years previously?
Well let's see:

Winning Eleven 3 (PS1) - May 1998 release - 750k LTD <-- World Cup 1998 (June to July)
Winning Eleven 4 (PS1) - Sep 1999 release - 721k LTD
Winning Eleven 5 (PS2) - Mar 2001 release - 505k LTD
Winning Eleven 6 (PS2) - Apr 2002 release - 1.11 million LTD <-- World Cup 2002 (May to June)
Winning Eleven 7 (PS2) - Aug 2003 release - 1.08 million LTD
Winning Eleven 8 (PS2) - Aug 2004 release - 1.04 million LTD
Winning Eleven 9 (PS2) - Aug 2005 release - 923k LTD
Winning Eleven 10 (PS2) - Apr 2006 release - 1.05 million LTD <-- World Cup 2006 (June to July)
Winning Eleven 2008 (PS2) - Nov 2007 release - 680k LTD

There are certainly peaks, and I think Winning Eleven 3 was the first major success for the series. Previously the series didn't even chart in the Top100s for the year.

While the World Cup certainly puts more attention on football in general, I think it functions as more of an aid for a football game or series to meet it's full potential, rather than granting any sort of boost which can be calculated. With Winning Eleven, it is clear that the full potential is about a million units sold. It's not clear what the peak of Inazuma Eleven is, but personally I feel it is unrealistic to think it is very much more than what the sequel already achieved.

Launching close to the World Cup should give the initial sales a HUGE boost, but ultimately, it might mean less legs in the long run. Because of the nature of the game and the theme, it should still have good legs, but what I mean is, the growth in the first week will not automatically translate to that much more in LTD in the long run.
 
Nov 17, 2006
24,417
0
0
39
Koga, Ibaraki, Japan
test_account said:
No problem :) It might be someone who didnt follow sales age back in 2007 that didnt know that the PS3 was referred to as a sinking ship back then (it has been quite a while since i have heard it), so i thought that i would mention it, no harm done? But i am surprised that you didnt know the referrence if i hadnt told you because i am pretty sure that you followed sales age back in 2007 :)
:p
Put that tongue back in mister or a seagull will bite it off.
 

Road

Member
Jan 21, 2008
7,602
0
0
Brazil
sites.google.com
Dengeki Sales, Apr. 12 - 18:

01 / 01 [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 29.386 / 3.685.637
02 / 03 [PSP] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2010 (Konami) - 21.972 / 115.291
03 / 05 [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo) - 17.467 / 3.038.975
04 / 06 [NDS] Pokemon Ranger: Path of Light (Pokemon) - 16.683 / 398.556
05 / 02 [PS3] Hokuto Musou (Koei) - 15.929 / 522.600
06 / 04 [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2010 (Konami) - 15.723 / 106.858
07 / 09 [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 12.580 / 1.834.605
08 / 00 [PS3] No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (Marvelous Entertainment) - 12.497 / NEW
09 / 10 [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best Reprint) (Capcom) - 11.239 / 270.358
10 / 08 [PS3] Ryuu Ga Gotoku 4: Densetsu wo Tsugumono (Sega) - 10.175 / 527.647
11 / 07 [NDS] Etrian Odyssey III: Seikai no Raihousha (Atlus) - 8.533 / 107.987
12 / 19 [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 8.369 / ?
13 / 00 [360] No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (Marvelous Entertainment) - 7.693 / NEW
14 / 16 [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 7.106 / ?
15 / 11 [PS2] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2010 (Konami) - 6.994 / 40.991
16 / 17 [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 6.819 / 1.859.836
17 / 20 [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Sky (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix) - 6.094 / 100.405
18 / 13 [PS3] God of War III (SCE) - 5.800 / 73.523
19 / 15 [NDS] Nicola Kanshuu: Model Oshare Audition (Alchemist) - 5.031 / 31.402
20 / 40 [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo) - 4.636 / ?



Other software (First Week / LTD):
[WII] No More Heroes (Marvelous Entertainment) - 12.000 / 27.000

- Up to 2010/03/28:
[WII] Monster Hunter Tri (Capcom) - ? / 1.000.000
[WII] Sengoku Musou 3 (Koei) - ? / 260.000
[WII] Tales of Graces (Bandai Namco Games) - ? / 210.000


Code:
Hardware |  This Week |  Last Week |    YTD     |    LTD
------------------------------------------------------------
PSP      |     32.864 |     32.488 |    906.535 | 14.295.927
NDS      |     31.235 |     33.022 |    914.594 | 29.879.291
PS3      |     29.760 |     29.754 |    610.059 |  5.094.757
WII      |     26.129 |     23.885 |    710.741 | 10.256.177
360      |      3.205 |      2.807 |     70.311 |  1.278.966
PS2      |      1.778 |      1.424 |     32.491 |
------------------------------------------------------------
Total    |    124.971 |    123.380 |  3.244.731 |


Notes

- Total software sold this week: 563,000 units (-14.4% from last week). First time below 600k since the week starting 2009/06/08.


- Total Wii software sold in fiscal year 2009 (2009/03/30~2010/03/28) was 14.12 million units, up 20% from FY2008.


- Publisher with largest share per platform in FY2009:

WII - Nintendo - 66.1% (70.4% in FY2008)
NDS - Square-Enix - 25.3%
PSP - Bandai Namco Games - 23.2%
PS3 - Square-Enix - 26.2%
360 - Microsoft - 16.7%


- Publisher ranking overall in FY2009 - share (FY2008):

01. Nintendo - 24.3% (26.8%)
02. Square-Enix - 17.3% (7.7%)
03. Bandai Namco Games - 11.3% (17.7%)
04. Pokemon - 8.2% (5.4%)
05. Konami - 6.8% (9.5%)
06. ?
07. ?
08. Level 5 - 4.0% (2.1%)


http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/256/256931/
http://ascii.jp/elem/000/000/516/516566/
http://research.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/043/43355/index.html
http://research.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/042/42704/index.html

Apr. 05 - 11, 2010
 

Moor-Angol

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
4,504
1
0
44
Japan
retrogamesheaven.com
&#12473;&#12463;&#12454;&#12455;&#12450;&#12539;&#12456;&#12491;&#12483;&#12463;&#12473;&#12398;&#26032;&#20316;PS3&#12302;&#12491;&#12540;&#12450; &#12524;&#12503;&#12522;&#12459;&#12531;&#12488;&#12303;&#12364;&#26089;&#12367;&#12418;&#22770;&#12426;&#20999;&#12428;&#12398;&#12424;&#12358;&#12391;&#12377;
Seems like S-E's PS3 "Nier Replicant" is quickly sold out

jgaffers can confirm ?
 
Nov 26, 2006
24,196
2
0
goldmetalsonic.wordpress.com
Road said:
Other software (First Week / LTD):
[WII] No More Heroes (Marvelous Entertainment) - 12.000 / 27.000

- Up to 2010/03/28:
[WII] Monster Hunter Tri (Capcom) - ? / 1.000.000
[WII] Sengoku Musou 3 (Koei) - ? / 260.000
[WII] Tales of Graces (Bandai Namco Games) - ? / 210.000
So here NMH Wii is pretty even with the PS3 version and outsold the 360 version by quite a bit. The hell is up with these different numbers than Media Create by quite a bit?

And at least we have some sort of update on SW3 and Graces, what numbers does Dengeki have for the other recent Tales games this gen?

Are those numbers rounded up, down, or vary between games? Or was that all there was? Odd.
 

Aaron Strife

Banned
Oct 10, 2006
26,804
0
0
test_account said:
No problem :) It might be someone who didnt follow sales age back in 2007 that didnt know that the PS3 was referred to as a sinking ship back then (it has been quite a while since i have heard it), so i thought that i would mention it, no harm done? But i am surprised that you didnt know the referrence if i hadnt explained it because i am pretty sure that you followed sales age back in 2007 :)
:p
I like him.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Stumpokapow said:
I assume your 4.5 million for calendar 2010 for BW is based on BW launching in mid-late September (same as DP) and sales being on track with DP for the rest of the calendar year?
Yep.

duckroll said:
That Inazuma Eleven 3 prediction is kinda ballsy. It assumes that the title will sell 1.5x what IE2 sold in the same length of time. Considering the enormous growth seen in IE -> IE2, to expect the series to repeat that level of success in the next entry released less than a year after the previous one would be an incredible feat. I'm not saying it won't happen, but that'll be something really abnormal.
IE2 is at 1,1M (and counting) so the growth is 1,35. Maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.
Are we gonna have predictions for next week? I think it's a good one.
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,759
1
0
37
Chris1964 said:
IE2 is at 1,1M (and counting) so the growth is 1,35. Maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.
Are we gonna have predictions for next week? I think it's a good one.
I don't mind. I'll stick with my 460k prediction for Peace Walker from last year, just to see how accurate it is. I could add DQMJ2 predictions as well. Are we doing SSF4 too? PS3 only? Both?
 
Apr 17, 2005
6,476
0
1,340
Chris1964 said:
Are we gonna have predictions for next week? I think it's a good one.
Sure. I'm still ill so I'm not posting much but I'll take them by Wednesday as usual (or earlier if you guys choose so). Just choose the games and start throwing numbers.
 

kswiston

Member
Mar 25, 2005
35,145
1
0
Canada
Chris1964 said:
Famitsu DS 2009

1 [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix) - 4.100.968 / 4.100.968
2 [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 3.382.597 / 3.382.597
3 [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 2.311.948 / 2.311.948
4 [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders - Fire / Blizzard (Level 5) - 943.615 / 943.615
5 [NDS] Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo) - 717.940 / 717.940
DS top 5: 11.457.068


Predicted Famitsu DS 2010
1 [NDS] Pokemon Black / White (Pokemon Co.) - 4.500.000
2 [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3: World Challenge!! Spark / Bomber (Level 5) - 1.500.000
3 [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 1.500.000
4 [NDS] Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reviere (Square Enix) - 1.300.000
5 [NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (Square Enix) - 1.200.000
DS top 5: 10.000.000

Right now it looks you are right for top 5 because of the high sales of top 3, but I wouldn't be so sure to bet for that. Like I said if there is a new surprise multimillion seller from Nintendo everything can change and some bigger than expected hits (Ni no Kuni) aren't out of the question.
I should have clarified that I was referring to the top 2009 releases vs the top 2010 releases, but your points would basically be the same in either case, just replace Friend Collection on your list for another title.

I think that you are predicting high on some of those titles, but we shall have to wait and see.

I will say that, if Nintendo truly is planning on releasing the 3DS this calendar year, we're going to see the first party DS releases drop off pretty quickly in Japan this Fall.

vicissitudes said:
PS3 still on top w00t w00t.

Although hardware across the board is pretty sad right now.
25k-30k for the PS3 and Wii in April looks pretty good compared to what we were getting last year (not counting PS3's FFXIII demo bump). Wait until either console drops back into the 10-15k range before calling hardware sales sad.

Any one have numbers for the PS2 in April 2004 and 2005 (When PS2 was 49 and 61 months old)? I would imagine those would be the two most relevent comparisons considering that the Wii and PS3 came out 53 months ago.
 

test_account

XP-39C²
Mar 22, 2007
23,613
2
1,000
Aaron Strife said:
I like him.
Who do you like? Segata Sanshiro? I like him too :) I guess that what he wrote earlier to me was just humoristically ment, so i just replied back with the same type of humor :) What i wrote wasnt seriously ment, that is why i used the ":p" smiley in the spoiler tags, so i hope what i wrote earlier wasnt understood in any way that i didnt like Segata Sanshiro. He hasnt done me anything and from what i know he seems to be a nice guy, so i dont really have any reason not to like him :)
 

Road

Member
Jan 21, 2008
7,602
0
0
Brazil
sites.google.com
Hero of Legend said:
So here NMH Wii is pretty even with the PS3 version and outsold the 360 version by quite a bit. The hell is up with these different numbers than Media Create by quite a bit?
Yeah, we have to wait for Famitsu to know better who's overestimating or underestimating.

MC also estimates a 42k combined shipment for NMH (22.3k for PS3; 19.7k for 360).

Hero of Legend said:
...what numbers does Dengeki have for the other recent Tales games this gen?

Are those numbers rounded up, down, or vary between games? Or was that all there was? Odd.
This is what I have (first week / LTD):

[PS3] Tales of Vesperia - 226,000 / 353,000
[PSP] Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - 217,000 / 340,000
[PSP] Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - 129,000 / 256,000
[WII] Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - 145,000 / 219,000
[WII] Tales of Graces - 124,000 / 210,000
[360] Tales of Vesperia - 106,000 / 205,000


LTD up to different dates. Theoretically rounded to the nearest thousand. I, usually, try to put only the info as they appear in the articles I link to and I don't add anything except for LTD info that can be obtained accurately from adding weekly sales.
 

test_account

XP-39C²
Mar 22, 2007
23,613
2
1,000
Wikipedia.org said:
Ratbert's biggest ambition in life is to become loved and accepted. He tries to impress those he considers his friends on various occasions, and nearly always fails miserably. Just like Dogbert protects Dilbert on numerous occasions despite his contempt for him, so do Ratbert's friends and family. Ratbert is friendly with Bob the Dinosaur, and is also good friends with the garbage man, who tries — and fails — to enlighten Ratbert on the complexities of the universe.
Lol :lol Well, i wouldnt say that i try to impress people, i dont really see the need of doing that, especially on a forum where i dont really know anyone, so i hope that my posts arent understood like i am trying to impress people, i am just trying to be friendly :) What i wrote earlier was just to make sure that what i wrote to Segata Sanshiro was just humorisitcally ment. Maybe it was obvious that what i wrote was humoristically ment, but i just wanted to mention it anyway. I am sorry to hear if someone finds some of my posts to be annoying, but that is not my intention at all, i am just trying to be friendly and i will continue to be friendly to people here, so it is just to get used to it hehe ;)

I havnt really read that much Dilbert before, so i dont know much about Ratbert, but from what i read at that Wikipedia article he seems like a friendly guy to me :) So if my tag is suppose to mean Ratbert, then i take my tag as a compliment, so thanks to whoever gave me that tag, i appreciate it! :) And i have now added a nice little picture of Ratbert to go along with my new tag hehe :D
 

cvxfreak

Member
Jun 7, 2004
31,867
1
1,520
Tokyo
www.twitter.com
Congrats to Square Enix for earning their own bomba bin corner at Sofmap.

FFTA2, EoT DS, Blood of Bahamut, SaGa 2 GoD, FMA Wii - ¥980 (original releases too)

I'm sure many publishers would kill for their own unpaid shelf/table!
 

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
May 21, 2006
17,232
3
0
cvxfreak said:
Congrats to Square Enix for earning their own bomba bin corner at Sofmap.

FFTA2, EoT DS, Blood of Bahamut, SaGa 2 GoD, FMA Wii - ¥980 (original releases too)

I'm sure many publishers would kill for their own unpaid shelf/table!
If only Square Enix had published Opoona, he could have hung out with all these other cool dudes!
 

faridmon

Member
Dec 6, 2008
29,041
2
0
London
cvxfreak said:
Congrats to Square Enix for earning their own bomba bin corner at Sofmap.

FFTA2, EoT DS, Blood of Bahamut, SaGa 2 GoD, FMA Wii - ¥980 (original releases too)

I'm sure many publishers would kill for their own unpaid shelf/table!
one of those don't belong to the list.
wasn't FF TA a massive seller? AFAIK <500k
 

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Jun 22, 2004
7,568
36
1,395
duckroll said:
I think it functions as more of an aid for a football game or series to meet it's full potential, rather than granting any sort of boost which can be calculated.
Unless of course, you release another SKU just for the worldcup.

That said, the existing business-model with sports games is just ass-backwards - a certain F2P spinoff of that other football title always has record highs during events (and this year could be bigger then ever).
 

thestopsign

Member
Jun 2, 2005
7,839
0
1,185
faridmon said:
one of those don't belong to the list.
wasn't FF TA a massive seller? AFAIK <500k
From Japan-Gamecharts:

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire: 287,871
 

charlequin

Banned
Oct 19, 2005
26,635
1
0
Segata Sanshiro said:
I am in it all for the lulz, sir. I have no hard feelings with anyone on GAF except that snake-biting sonofabitch charlequin.
When I find a rattler in my boots I'm gonna bite it so it knows not to mess with me, I don't care if it's your mother
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
faridmon said:
one of those don't belong to the list.
wasn't FF TA a massive seller? AFAIK <500k
The first one was a million seller. It seems everything that contains Final Fantasy in the title is declining.

[PS1] Final Fantasy Tactics (Square) - 641.073 / 1.270.806
[GBA] Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Square) - 225.120 / 441.926
[PSP] Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (Square Enix) - 169.768 / 301.796
[NDS] Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (Square Enix) - 158.408 / 287.871

For next week's predictions are these OK?

[NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (Square Enix) -
[PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Konami) -
[PS3] Super Street Fighter 4 (Capcom) -

All of them should make Media Create top 10 (I'm not so sure about the 360 version of Street Fighter and it's better we don't include it).

EDIT: Previous Famitsu openings

[NGB] Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland (Enix) - 333.114
[NGB] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey (Enix) - 501.081
[NGB] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure (Enix) - 133.723
[GBA] Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart (Square Enix) - 210.427
[NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (Square Enix) - 633.084

[PS1] Metal Gear Solid (Konami) - 316.833
[PS2] Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (Konami) - 456.747
[PS2] Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Konami) - 487.156
[PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Konami) - 476.334
[PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (Konami) - 138.632
[PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus (Konami) - 88.940

[PS3] Street Fighter IV (Capcom) - 84.937 (I won't list every previous Street Fighter entry :p)
 
Apr 17, 2005
6,476
0
1,340
Chris1964 said:
For next week's predictions are these OK?

[NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (Square Enix) -
[PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Konami) -
[PS3] Super Street Fighter 4 (Capcom) -

All of them should make Media Create top 10 (I'm not so sure about the 360 version of Street Fighter and it's better we don't include it).
Oh, forgot about that so yes, going by MC Top10 its better not including wild cards. Reminder for everyone, DQM Joker 2 and SSF4 launch on Wednesday so they will have a extra day of sales for the week (that is, 5 days vs Peace Walker default 4 days).
 

Baki

Member
Jan 5, 2008
5,057
0
0
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Oh, forgot about that so yes, going by MC Top10 its better not including wild cards. Reminder for everyone, DQM Joker 2 and SSF4 launch on Wednesday so they will have a extra day of sales for the week (that is, 5 days vs Peace Walker default 4 days).
[NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (Square Enix) - 650K
[PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Konami) - 490K
[PS3] Super Street Fighter 4 (Capcom) - 88K
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Baki said:
[NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (Square Enix) - 260K
[PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Konami) - 490K
[PS3] Super Street Fighter 4 (Capcom) - 110K
You'll be last by far. Check some Japanese online retailers.
 

Spiegel

Member
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
[NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (Square Enix) - 480k
[PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Konami) - 540k
[PS3] Super Street Fighter 4 (Capcom) - 45k

Edit

Predictions updated.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Mario Kart Wii is back at amazon.jp top 25:lol

Now I understand why Nintendo didn't want to publish Galaxy 2 at Golden Week. Japan couldn't stand 3 Mario games being in Famitsu / Media Create / Dengeki top 10 for that week.
 

Baki

Member
Jan 5, 2008
5,057
0
0
Chris1964 said:
You'll be last by far. Check some Japanese online retailers.
The DQ Monsters prediction was a complete stab in the dark. :lol Had no idea how popular it is/last iteration sold.