• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales Jan 22 - 28

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Last year:

01 PS2 Final Fantasy 7 DC - 392,169 NEW
02 NDS English Training DS - 242,443 NEW
03 PS2 Shin Onimusha - 226,334 NEW
04 NDS Brain Training 2 - 110,539 (1,056,962)
05 NDS Animal Crossing WW - 79,515 (1,724,129)
06 NDS Brain Training - 70,724 (1,441,060)
07 PS2 Ar Tonelico - 54,289 NEW
08 NDS Bleach DS - 35,977 NEW
09 NDS Mario Kart DS - 29,366 (1,057,555)
10 PS2 Winnig Eleven 9 Bonus Pack - 27,943 NEW

DS 106,081
PSP 30,657
PS2 24,580
GBASP 5,946
GBM 3,042
GC 3,036
Xbox360 1,976
GBA 179
Xbox 128

the androgyne animated olimario's "It Prints Money" pic in this thread, also :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84278

cvxfreak

Cheesemeister said:
Wow, it's kinda hard to mix up...

監修 日本常識力検定協会 いまさら人には聞けない大人の常識力トレーニング DS
and
クッキング ママ

I find it handy to refer to the week's new releases ahead of time. Having studied Japanese for years and years doesn't hurt, either. Hehe.

I'll leave it up to you then. You're good at this. :)

Stage On

*evil laugh* I don't know why but it's so ammusing to watch the DS absoultely dominate the charts in Japan. Not that it's news or anything to see that at this point but it still kicks butt.

Smiles and Cries said:
oh and bring in the pacman list with the ghosts and the zelda cherry
this just does not feel right without it

There are 10 non-Nintendo games in the top 30. It doesn't quite work out this week for the Pac-Man list.

cvxfreak

1. (PS2, Capcom) Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - 227,261
2. (DS, Square Enix) Dragon Quest Monsters Joker - 103,706 / 1,026,700
3. (DS, Sega) San Goku Shi Taisen DS - 77,229
4. (DS, Nintendo) Picross DS - 71,794
5. (DS, Nintendo) Hotel Dusk Wish Room - 59,379
6. (Wii, Nintendo) Wii Sports - 58,886 / 910,422
7. (DS, Nintendo) Kaitou Wario The Seven - 47,350 / 138,599
8. (Wii, Nintendo) Wii Play - 43,612 / 808,425
9. (PS2, Huck Berry) Pachinko Winter no Sonata Pachitte-chan Mage Tatsujin 10 - 41,411
10. (DS, Nintendo) Brain Age 2 - 34,028 / 3,902,307

Here's the format I use whenever I post the threads. Maybe we should take a poll one day to see which format most people prefer.

Haunted

Jonnyram said:
Well considering retailers have ordered 150k copies, I think you might be spot on.
Damn, that's lower than I thought.

Unsurprising charts overall (except for GTA: SA lol) DS > consoles and all that.

cvxfreak said:

Here's the format I use whenever I post the threads. Maybe we should take a poll one day to see which format most people prefer.

It wouldn't be hard to change my
parser
uber-fast typing this way.

HomShaBom

Banned
cvxfreak said:
9. (PS2, Huck Berry) Pachinko Winter no Sonata Pachitte-chan Mage Tatsujin 10 - 41,411

vote

Fio

Cheesemeister said:
29 PS3 From Software Enchanted Arms

Take that bitches!
A so-so game getting a ****ing good spot on charts, just wait to VF5 awesomeness and the Gundam Mosou goodness, the king will return.

I see a PS3 title, which is nice.

But I see a 360 title higher.

This is still too weird. Bring on VF5 already, I can't wait to see what a marquee title does on this thing. All those PS3 owners have to buy something, right?

Haunted

cvxfreak said:
I think we need U.S dollar, Pounds Sterling and Euro versions of that gif.
:lol

Photoshoppers, get to it! Sales-Age needs customised itprintsmoney.gifs for every situation. :)

Oh, and I forgot to say that Wii Sports might be the Wii's first million-seller in two weeks.

Haunted

Segata Sanshiro said:
I see a PS3 title, which is nice.

But I see a 360 title higher.

This is still too weird. Bring on VF5 already, I can't wait to see what a marquee title does on this thing. All those PS3 owners have to buy something, right?
Well, if it sells through its first shipment and jonnyram's numbers are right, it should sell about 150k copies, surely enough to get into the Top 3/ Top 5 of that week.

Raw64life

cvxfreak said:

- +1, since I jack it from you whenever I attempt MC threads.

- Trace Memory started off at nearly the same number Hotel Dusk has and TM eventually did 125k LTD so HD should have no problem doing atleast that.

- Although Pokemon D/P is still doing atleast 30k every week we wont have a good idea of an LTD for a while it seems.

Jonnyram said:
Well considering retailers have ordered 150k copies, I think you might be spot on.
150k? I said "wow", I've an important meeting at 10.30 in the morning, I hope those shops don't sell out by lunchtime! Finally I'll have a game to play on my month old lonely PS3.

BuzzJive

If the hardware turns out to be like the estimates in the other thread (which I see know reason to think it won't) then:

Wii Sports LTD > 360 + PS3 LTD's

JavyOO7

Deku said:
Well looks like I was too optimistic with Hotel Dusk/Wish Room :(

I think 60k for an adventure game is pretty good for first week. Still don't have my copy... I want to try it out soon.

Jonnyram

Fio Maravilha said:
Take that bitches!
A so-so game getting a ****ing good spot on charts, just wait to VF5 awesomeness and the Gundam Mosou goodness, the king will return.
The 360 version sold more last year. Not to mention the fact that Idolmaster charted at 15 this week too.

Honestly, can someone explain what is going on with PS3?
360 software is consistently outselling PS3 software on a weekly basis, but somehow PS3 hardware sales are three times higher each week. Considering how pitiful Blu-ray sales are, what is making the difference?

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
The 360 version sold more last year. Not to mention the fact that Idolmaster charted at 15 this week too.

360 software is consistently outselling PS3 software on a weekly basis, but somehow PS3 hardware sales are three times higher each week. Considering how pitiful Blu-ray sales are, what is making the difference?

GTHD?

*cough* marvelharvey *cough* :D

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Wyndstryker said:
Wow at idolmaster. Why do i have a feeling it might have legs...dunno why.

Now how much longer for HW?

I think whomever starts the thread should also put a note saying when hardware will come, so we can ridicule posts like these.

Every ****ing week, I swear.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Jonnyram said:

Do you really find it odd that Idolmaster sold more than Enchant arms, a rerelease of a new IP RPG? I mean, if you had gone to Akihabara atleast once in the past month you could see why this game sold well. In fact, I expected it to sell a LOT better than it actually did.

Haunted

Jonnyram said:

Got to ask some japanese gamers to know the answers - what does 2ch say? :)

Jammy

Banned
Jonnyram said:

The GAF Effect. People are buying PS3 simply because it's the successor to PS2. PS2 kicked ass.

Edit: successor!

cvxfreak

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Hmm Where did Love + Berry top out at? Did they ever ship more card readers?

Sega shipped 1 Million before 2006 ended, but when I was in Japan a few weeks ago most stores offered it for half of what its MSRP is (so around 3000 Yen). I think demand for it's really dipped now. Should still sell a million, but not as fast as we all thought nor as much as the 1.5 Million the Famitsu guy predicted long ago.

Jonnyram

sp0rsk said:
Do you really find it odd that Idolmaster sold more than Enchant arms, a rerelease of a new IP RPG?
Not at all. I don't know why you got that impression. I was just correcting that dude that thought PS3 was about to surge thanks to Enchant arms charting at #29 :p

pilonv1

Jonnyram said:

Backwards compatibility is the only thing I can think of. Again it's astounding - if you'd said in late 2006 that a JRPG on 360 would outsell the same JRPG on PS3 with a larger userbase you'd be lynched.

Jammy

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
It's the PS2's successor. The PS2's predecessor was the original PSX.

That it is. Wrong choice of word. In fact, it was the completely opposite one. :lol

cvxfreak

PS3 and 360 are enjoying a whopping one place difference on Amazon's chart. PS3 is #55, 360 is #56. Neither the Blue Dragon pack nor the 20GB which are both in stock are in the top 100.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
cvxfreak said:
Sega shipped 1 Million before 2006 ended, but when I was in Japan a few weeks ago most stores offered it for half of what its MSRP is (so around 3000 Yen). I think demand for it's really dipped now. Should still sell a million, but not as fast as we all thought nor as much as the 1.5 Million the Famitsu guy predicted long ago.

Ah... I thought I heard they only shipped 800k card readers before xmas and wouldn't have more till after new years. guess not. And wow. Japanese stores are really quick to drop the prices fast. (I'm not using this as an example of lightning fastness, I know games like TotT were half price over the opening weekend, but this is a ~million seller only out 2 months, and already half price.)

Top Bottom