• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: June 1-7, 2009

test_account

XP-39C²
Vinci said:
Nu-uh. Too low. With a black Wii coming out?
Do you mean the MH3 bundle that includes the black Wii? If so, has there been given any numbers on how many of these bundles that will be made? The biggest hardware bundle that i have heard of (at least in this generation) is the Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children PS3 bundle. There were made about 50k of this bundle if i am not mistaken.

Vinci

Danish
test_account said:
Do you mean the MH3 bundle that includes the black Wii? If so, has there been given any numbers on how many of these bundles that will be made? The biggest hardware bundle that i have heard of (at least in this generation) is the Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children PS3 bundle. There were made about 50k of this bundle if i am not mistaken.

I mean with everything combined. The game by itself, I could see moving the numbers Famitsu is tossing out - nevermind with a bundle and the black Wii coming out on its own.

test_account

XP-39C²
Vinci said:
I mean with everything combined. The game by itself, I could see moving the numbers Famitsu is tossing out - nevermind with a bundle and the black Wii coming out on its own.
Ok i understand :) But will a new colored Wii alone (not the MH3 bundle) mean more sales for MH3? I guess that some people might be interested in a black Wii, and then maybe pick up some games at the same time, like MH3 for example. I guess there is no real way to know and/or messure if a black Wii will help the sales of MH3 though :\ Since both are comming out on the same date (i think at least?). If MH3 would have come out before the black Wii, then we could have seen if the MH3 software sales had increased when the black Wii had been released later on. But i think it should be interesting to see how the sales of the Wii hardware and MH3 will be anyway :)

EDIT: I added some text.

Vinci

Danish
test_account said:
Ok i understand :) But will a new colored Wii alone (not the MH3 bundle) mean more sales for MH3? I guess that some people might be interested in a black Wii, and then maybe pick up some games at the same time, like MH3 for example. I guess there is no real way to know and/or messure if a black Wii will help the sales of MH3 though :\ Since both are comming out on the same date (i think at least?). If MH3 would have come out before the black Wii, then we could have seen if the MH3 software sales had increased when the black Wii had been released later on. But i think it should be interesting to see how the sales of the Wii hardware and MH3 will be anyway :)

The black Wii's release is going to net some folks that didn't buy the thing before simply based on how badass it looks. MH3 is simply another good excuse to grab the black Wii, and vice-versa. I don't have evidence to support this or anything; it's just a gut feeling that the two are going to help one another sell better than they would have alone.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm very disappointed Infinite Space only did 40k after the first day was 30k, probably because it never got another shipment. Sega should have had some ready to push out for the weekend, hopefully whenever they do get another shipment out it's not too late.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
YourMaster said:
I doubt DQ will suddenly grow that kind of legs on the DS. I think it's legs will be similar to FF3.

You mean the FF that had a ridiculously good tail for an FF?

d[-_-]b

Banned
[WII] Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom) FS 500K-700K / TF 600K-800K (MH2 FW 370K / LTD 570K)
Wow does the quarter end soon or are that sales front loaded, cause I thought MH had legs always maybe not on console?

Grampasso

schuelma said:
Well, remember there is still a month and a half before MH 3 is out. Just fwiw, I already saw in-store displays in a few of the shops I was at 3 weeks ago.
Knowing the overwhelming success of a title like a new official DQ chapter wouldn't be wise spending money in ads when they'll be probably wasted because of the SE title. Better play safe advertising MH3 after DQ launch, when its promotional pressure will indoubtly be lesser (I think).

No idea why MH3's prediction is so low. Going by their estimated shipment numbers they expect it to be even more front-loaded than MHG Wii, not to mention MH2. Doesn't really make sense. If anything, the stronger online infrastructure of the Wii (compared to PS2's) and the series' history should put it around or in a better position than the MH2's ~65% fw/ltd.

kswiston

Hammer24 said:
DQ? In Japan? On that install base? I´d say its a certainty.

You act like PS1 and PS2 had minuscule installed bases when DQVII/DQVIII hit. Once you get to a certain point, install base isn't a good indicator of sales. Looking at the biggest rpg series of them all, Pokemon, numbers for Pearl/Diamond are up from Ruby/Sapphire, but not by the ratio you'd expect if you extrapolated solely on install base (DS will double GBA by the end of this gen).

Considering the DS DQIV/V remakes have more or less sold the same as the PS1/PS2 DQIV/V remakes, I'd guess that DQXI is going to end up in the same 3.5-4.0 million range as DQVII/DQVIII. Maybe a little higher, but I think 5 million is going to be very hard to reach. Definitely NOT a certainty.

test_account

XP-39C²
Vinci said:
The black Wii's release is going to net some folks that didn't buy the thing before simply based on how badass it looks. MH3 is simply another good excuse to grab the black Wii, and vice-versa. I don't have evidence to support this or anything; it's just a gut feeling that the two are going to help one another sell better than they would have alone.
Ye, it might be a likely senario indeed, i agree :)

No problem not having any evidence to support it, since it would probably be near impossible to provide evidence for it. The closest thing to evidence/to prove it would probably be through a survey or something, but a survey like that probably wouldnt account for almost everyone who bought a black Wii and MH3, so it might be hard to know how accurate a survey like this would be.

But we will see how both the Wii hardware will sell and how MH3 will sell in not a too long time (relative speaking), i think it should be interesting to see :)

onipex

So is Nintendo releasing a special DSi for DQ IX? I think most people that want DQ already own a DS so it will be a good way to get more DSi sales.

Tenbatsu

test_account said:
Ye, it might be a likely senario indeed, i agree :)

No problem not having any evidence to support it, since it would probably be near impossible to provide evidence for it. The closest thing to evidence/to prove it would probably be through a survey or something, but a survey like that probably wouldnt account for almost everyone who bought a black Wii and MH3, so it might be hard to know how accurate a survey like this would be.

But we will see how both the Wii hardware will sell and how MH3 will sell in not a too long time (relative speaking), i think it should be interesting to see :)
Interesting indeed. Been reading over at 2ch that MH fans are getting up at 6.30am to buy the game and get the Sea Dragon armor by 2pm in the afternoon:lol

bttb said:
Famitsu Estimates: First Shipment/Total Forecast

[WII] Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom) FS 500K-700K / TF 600K-800K (MH2 FW 370K / LTD 570K)
Worth noting that the Best reprint of MH2 had sold more than 120K by the end of 2008, so all together it's probably past 700K by now.
YourMaster said:
I doubt DQ will suddenly grow that kind of legs on the DS. I think it's legs will be similar to FF3.
Bad example? Final Fantasy III being undershipped at launch, it ended up doubling its first week sales.

jj984jj said:
I'm very disappointed Infinite Space only did 40k after the first day was 30k, probably because it never got another shipment. Sega should have had some ready to push out for the weekend, hopefully whenever they do get another shipment out it's not too late.
As far as I remember SEGA messed up the re-shipment for 7th dragon, too, and that really hurt the games legs. I don't have much hope. :I

Top Bottom