• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Sep 14 - 20, 2009

Road

Serenity said:
Aren't DS sales good to great though?
No. They are just unbelievable. Haha

Funny coincidence: in 2007, in the four weeks starting with the PSP Slim launch, the DS sold a similar amount -- 294,000.

Comparison time. PSP slim (2007) x PS3 slim (2009)

28bxugl.jpg

(Famitsu data through Garaph.)

In green, how the PS3 should perform if it followed the same relative decline (compared to the spike) PSP had when it "turned around". Next week has to be over 37k for it to remain above the green line.

In absolute numbers, though, we can see the PSP's "revival" was far bigger than the PS3 could possibly be (545k vs. 310k in the first four weeks). Mostly because the PSP was never as terrible as the PS3 was and it doesn't hurt it was boosted by a big AAA game at the time (CC:FFVII).

markatisu

Fularu said:
I thought we laughed at the "amazon charts" card

Normally we do, you obviously did not read what I said. Its nothing concrete but Amazon had similar jumps for the PS3 slim and we saw in increase in its overall sales. Amazon is also offering a $25 gift card along with Wii console purchase, Excitebots came from out of nowhere to reside in the Top 10...all joking aside there was some movement.

You asked how do we know anything about the Wii, I told you. How you missed the entire 1700% Amazon thread in the last few days is beyond me

gkryhewy

markatisu said:
Excitebots came from out of nowhere to reside in the Top 10...

Well, they did slash the price by like 60% to coincide with the Wii price drop. I'm surprised there's no Nintendo PR yet on sales since the drop. Perhaps tomorrow or Friday.

DMeisterJ

Banned
doicare said:
The psp ran out of new people that hadn't played monster hunter yet.

I suppose.

--

PS3 trajectory does remind me of PSP. 4-5 weeks post launch, it was still doing minimal drops with no new releases. Same could happen for the PS3.

Serenity

Road said:
No. They are just unbelievable. Haha

Funny coincidence: in 2007, in the four weeks starting with the PSP Slim launch, the DS sold a similar amount -- 294,000.

Comparison time. PSP slim (2007) x PS3 slim (2009)

28bxugl.jpg

(Famitsu data through Garaph.)

In green, how the PS3 should perform if it followed the same relative decline (compared to the spike) PSP had when it "turned around". Next week has to be over 37k for it to remain above the green line.

In absolute numbers, though, we can see the PSP's "revival" was far bigger than the PS3 could possibly be (545k vs. 310k in the first four weeks). Mostly because the PSP was never as terrible as the PS3 was and it doesn't hurt it was boosted by a big AAA game at the time (CC:FFVII).

Nice graph but didn't pspslim launch in like november plus like you mentioned with crisis core? I do see what you are trying to show though.

Road said:
Despite the great performance, the PS3 barely beat the DS in September
That's a weird thing to say. It's like saying, "Despite his great driving, Kanye West barely beat Michael Schumacher in that F1 race." I think people should be suprised that PS3 has been able to do this, by any margin.

DS may have distorted your perception of what kind of numbers are normal for Japan. It is very rare for any 4-week period to go over 300k in hardware. Wii has done it ~30 times (21%), and PS2 only 8--and those are the best-selling home consoles of all time. (And those figures also include lots of holiday periods.)

The unexpected legs of the PS3 bump makes me think there might be more pent-up price-sensitive demand for consoles than I thought, due to the economy. Perhaps the Wii price cut will drive really high numbers too.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Serenity said:
Nice graph but didn't pspslim launch in like november plus like you mentioned with crisis core? I do see what you are trying to show though.
No, it was September and Crisis Core was out of the top 10 in about 3 weeks.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Eteric Rice said:
Are they trying to commit suicide or something? They should at least wait until people are done with XIII.

Ehh..Tales games do so much of their business during the first week I don't think it will have that much of an effect.

Xeke

Banned
wrowa said:
Well, in the past Iwata has shown that he's aware that a price cut only helps to bump the sales for a relatively short period of time. He knows that a price cut alone isn't enough to solve the problems a console has when it struggles.

That Nintendo are cutting the price now shows imo that they are aware of the problems the Wii currently has, but that they don't know how they can actually solve these problems (that their christmas releases are an extension to one of their most successfull Wii games and a successor to one of their most successful DS games backs this statement up, I think. They are lacking of new ideas for Wii games). A price cut will help the sales of the consoles now, but what will happen in three months? Will it again sell 10-20k consoles a week? Or even worse?

In 3 months Wii Fit + and NSMB will have been released and it will be the beginning of december, I doubt it'll be anywhere near the 10-20k range.

highluxury said:
Personally I will expect a severe drop in PS3 sales next week.

Right about now the initial shipment should be completely sold out.

People shouldnt be surprised if it lands at 30k next week. But I will be positively surprised if it manages to float around 45~50k yet again.

That's exactly what I thought about this week.

Road said:
Despite the great performance, the PS3 barely beat the DS in September:
Code:
      Total     week 1  week 2  week 3  week 4

PS3  310,000   150,832  54,289  55,000  50,000 
NDS  297,000    64,667  75,632  81,000  76,000 
PSP   84,000    22,545  19,837  22,000  20,000 
WII   61,000    18,087  15,279  15,000  13,000 
360   19,000     4,614   6,854   4,000   3,700 
PS2   13,000     3,688   3,174   2,900   3,500
October could be very disputed (if you exclude the DS...).

Remember the good old days of 2007 when we'd all laugh at the PS2 outselling the PS3? Oh, how the times have changed...

test_account

XP-39C²
gerg said:
"Distinct" is very similar to "different", yes. I think the word also suggests being more special and separate from the rest, as well. I hope that helps.
Ye, i understand now, thanks for the explanation! :)

gerg said:
Regarding your question, I don't want to deny that the volume of a console's games library alone cannot encourage someone to buy that console. However, I find it hard to believe that - for the vast majority of people, that is - the PSP's library isn't that large. It's not the case that the PSP only has five games, for example, such that the release of a sixth - however different or similar it is to other titles for the platform - would be a significant event. As a result, I don't think that if you've passed upon the PSP - despite its collection of, say, action adventure games - another one would be especially convincing, unless that title was especially unique in some way or another. I don't think the problem was ever that there weren't enough action adventure games on the PSP, but that people weren't interested in them on the whole.

Ultimately, what I can say about the effect the PSP's line-up could have on its sales is limited by my relative (lack of) knowledge about it. As a result, if people can correct me on the matter, please do. I have the feeling I may be out of my depth here.
Unfortunately it is near impossible to say for sure what the exact reason(s) is why people in general buys a PSP, so i cant really argue too much against what you say :) But if we look at how much MHP2G and the PSP has sold this year using garaph.info, then MHP2G has sold 725,134 copies and the PSP has sold 1,328,996 units.

If we assume that every person who bought a PSP mostly/only because of MHP2G so far in 2009, then there are 603,832 persons who bought a PSP without buying MHP2G so far this year, unless i have missread some numbers. That is a bit over 45% if i am not mistaken. Unfortunately i dont know how accurate it is to assume 725,134 that people bought a PSP mostly/only because of MHP2G in this period, but if this is the case, it shows that a bit over 45% of people bought a PSP for other reason(s) than MHP2G. It would also mean that about 55% of the people bought a PSP because of MH2PG, which is definitly a big percentage share in my opinion, but i also think that 45% is some people in this case at least :)

There might be a possibilty that the majority of people buys a PSP mostly because of MHP2G and then later on buys more games for the PSP now that they own the system. I dont know, but maybe some people might re-buy the PSP when a new color and/or a PSP bundle comes out. If this is the case, then they might not pick up MHP2G again (assuming that they already own a copy of MHP2G) if they re-buy a PSP. I dont know if the majority of people re-buys a PSP because of a new color and/or a PSP bundle though, but i just wanted to mention it anyway :)

But i definitly agree that MHP2G is a system seller for many people and that MHP2G is helping selling the PSP hardware quite a bit. MHP2G has have pretty good legs and i think this might be an indication that it is a system seller (as in when people buy a PSP now, many of these people might buy a PSP mainly because of MHP2G, and maybe for the other Monstser Hunter games as well). But after comparing how many PSP units that have been sold to how many copies of MHP2G that has been sold, i think that there might be a chance that serveral of people are interested in buying a PSP for other reasons than MHP2G as well. Maybe not the majority of people, but at least several of people :) But unfortunately it is impossible to know for sure, so it is just guessing from my side :)

EDIT: By the way, i just searched for all PSP games on garaph.info and i found 306 PSP games. How many of these 306 games that are popular is another question though (i have very little experience with the PSP, so unfortunately i have no idea), but at least 306 games is a pretty good number of games, at least in my opinion :) All of these 306 games probably arent that easy to find in Japan today though. I guess that what is more important for people who are going to buy a PSP today is how many PSP games that there are easy to get a hold of and to buy. Unfortunately i am not sure how many PSP games that are easily avalible in stores in general today, does anyone knows? It might be hard to know an exact number, but what about an aproximate number?

spwolf

btw, article on gi with SCEE/UK marketing head for PSP revealed few things:

Q: The business model for PSPgo seems very positive for developers - with them receiving a decent percentage from each sale. What are the benefits to that do you think, and what are you hoping to achieve?

Claire Backhouse: I think that one of the criticisms that PSP has had over the last couple of years is that we didn't have the gaming support behind us, which I think has really reversed in the last year and a half because I've been doing marketing deals with lots of third-parties to support big titles like Harry Potter and Monster Hunter with Capcom. But I think in making sure that never happens again, that you don't get that sort of lag and that you get people excited with the new console as well, that it's positive for everyone.

there you go :)

edit: source:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/pspgo-sonys-plan-for-its-new-handheld-interview?page=2

test_account said:
I see that "monorojo" have been mentioned a few times recently. Out of curiosity, what did he/she say or do?

Monorojo was a pretty avid Sony fan back in the days of yore when the DS and PSP were still pretty close. He made a mountain out of every little molehill victory the PSP got. He also was very insistent on "one-week trends", which we tried to point out... weren't actually trends, they were just one data point.

Here are few posts I found by him, you can find more by looking at his post history.

Monorojo said:
PSP is still selling at a constant rate of 100k+ a month, it will reach 4.5 million sold by the end of the year easily (with holiday push), surpassing total Gamecube sales while being out less than half the time (2years vs 5years)

It will pass Genesis (3.58 Million~) in a few months, N64 and Saturn total Japanese sales by the end of next year (PSP will reach 6 million~).

Really, if you call PSP a flop in Japan what do you call Gamecube, N64, Saturn, Genesis sales in Japan? Gigantic failures? No of course not, especially not N64 and Saturn. They both preformed well in Japan and the fact PSP will surpass them both quite easily, it tells you that PSP must be seen as a success. No other way to look at it.

Also if you look at software, PSP has yet again the highest selling 3rd party title of the week, nothing new here. You people will of course try to downplay it, but this has become a mainstay with these charts, Nintendo 1st party games selling and when you look for highest third party handheld title, its on PSP.

So all in all, a fantastic week and current situation for Sony.

Should be noted this was right after the DS Lite release.

Monorojo said:
So you poeple think its now a fair comparision to compare December release of popular franchise to March release on a platform with half the fanbase?

Brilliant on your part.

The simple fact is PSP ahsd 2 3rd party titles in top 10, you people were spouting "omg 3rd parties are dying on PSP!1!" And then you look as the newest 3rd party DS title, and it only got to #15.."Ds third parties are selling just fine" huh?

Double standard?

uhoh

He really was just blinded by Sony's giant gleaming penis.

jman2050

Stopsign said:
Monorojo was a pretty avid Sony fan back in the days of yore when the DS and PSP were still pretty close. He made a mountain out of every little molehill victory the PSP got. He also was very insistent on "one-week trends", which we tried to point out... weren't actually trends, they were just one data point.

You could replace the name "Monorojo" with a certain current poster and "PSP" with PS3 and this post would still be completely accurate.

Road

Liabe Brave said:
That's a weird thing to say. It's like saying, "Despite his great driving, Kanye West barely beat Michael Schumacher in that F1 race." I think people should be suprised that PS3 has been able to do this, by any margin.

DS may have distorted your perception of what kind of numbers are normal for Japan. It is very rare for any 4-week period to go over 300k in hardware. Wii has done it ~30 times (21%), and PS2 only 8--and those are the best-selling home consoles of all time. (And those figures also include lots of holiday periods.)
Not weird. And it's not the same as that at all. PS3 was (is) more to a low to mid-tier F1 driver, like Kovalainen. =P They are all competing in the same championship.

DS did not distort my perception of what is "normal". In fact, that comment was to show how absurd DS numbers are when PS3 puts out great numbers and in the end it sells only about 10k more, which came to me as unnoticed until then because the DS wasn't really being scrutinized this month.

In any case, I didn't have this (I assume) perceived intention of downplaying PS3's numbers. Maybe I should have said "congrats PS3"?

test_account

XP-39C²
Stopsign said:

Here are few posts I found by him, you can find more by looking at his post history.

Should be noted this was right after the DS Lite release.

Ah ok, i see, thanks for the info! :)

By the way, what he says in one of the quotes that you posted is actually a bit interesting i think. He said that the PSP would reach 4.5 million by the end of the year and Famitsu data show that the PSP had sold 4,512,654 by the end of 2006 (he did say that the PSP would reach 4.5 million easily though, but unfortunately i dont know easy or hard it was), and this is about what the Gamecube sold in total in Japan if i am not mistaken (i assume that he was talking about 2006 at least since he mentioned "2years vs 5years", and the PSP was 2 years old in December 2006).

Or, i dont know when he said this quote though, do you know when he wrote this? If he said it late in 2006, like in November or early December or so, then it might not have been too hard to predict a more accurate PSP sales numbers, but if he said it earlier in 2006, then i think it is a bit "funny/interesting" (or what i shall say) that what he said actually happend rather accurate :)

But ye, if he made a mountain out of every little molehill victory the PSP got and used 1 week data points as trend as you say, then i can understand why people didnt like this too much.

Thanks again for the answer! :)

EDIT: I added some text.

spwolf

jman2050 said:
You could replace the name "Monorojo" with a certain current poster and "PSP" with PS3 and this post would still be completely accurate.

you can also replace it with all of those people who in 2007/2008 thought Wii is going to overtake PS2 in sales. It really does work both ways. We are all creatures of the moment.

and looking at those comments, its quite funny.. didnt PSP have resurgence on strenght of 3rd party? :).

gkryhewy

spwolf said:
you can also replace it with all of those people who in 2007/2008 thought Wii is going to overtake PS2 in sales. It really does work both ways. We are all creatures of the moment.

No, some of us pick a side and stick with it through thick and thin. True volunteer marketing love forever.

jman2050

spwolf said:
and looking at those comments, its quite funny.. didnt PSP have resurgence on strenght of 3rd party? :).

Oh this is too hilarious. I never thought I'd see someone try to champion Monorojo retroactively.

gkrykewy said:
No, some of us pick a side and stick with it through thick and thin. True volunteer marketing love forever.
Hey man, the day Nintendo stops making games I enjoy is the day I quit them. They just... haven't done so... yet....

test_account

XP-39C²
jman2050 said:
Oh this is too hilarious. I never thought I'd see someone try to champion Monorojo retroactively.
To be a bit fair, what he said regarding the 3rd party comment, this might be true to some extend. I think that many agrees that the Monster Hunter games were one of reasons why the PSP increased in popularity, and Monster Hunter is 3rd party, so i guess that it might be possible to say that 3rd party was one of the reasons why the PSP hardware sales started to increase :)

spwolf

jman2050 said:

i have no idea who the guy was except for your quote, which was funny in retrospective... if you picked wrong quote, your fault, dont blame it on me..

spwolf

test_account said:
To be a bit fair, what he said regarding the 3rd party comment, this might be true to some extend. I think that many agrees that the Monster Hunter games were one of reasons why the PSP increased in popularity, and Monster Hunter is 3rd party, so i guess that it might be possible to say that 3rd party was one of the reasons why the PSP hardware sales started to increase :)

are we still on for that drink or?

this deserved lol, right, right?

Raistlin

DMeisterJ said:
What the fuck happened to the PSP?

Probably waiting for the Go release and 3K price drop

Liabe Brave said:
The unexpected legs of the PS3 bump makes me think there might be more pent-up price-sensitive demand for consoles than I thought, due to the economy.

I've been arguing this for quite some time, and to be honest ... it isn't all that tied to the economy. Or I should say, it would be doing even better if the economy were better.

I think people simply can't get their head around paying $400 (or more) for a console in any great number. To be honest, I'm surprised the PS3 has sold as many as it has prior to the Slim release. It's taken a lot of flack for low sales, but in reality, it's done surprisingly well given the price delta versus the competition.

Road said:
Not weird. And it's not the same as that at all. PS3 was (is) more to a low to mid-tier F1 driver, like Kovalainen. =P They are all competing in the same championship.
Fair enough. It seems your view of the PS3's past performance is just a little rosier than mine, that's all.

Road said:
DS did not distort my perception of what is "normal". In fact, that comment was to show how absurd DS numbers are when PS3 puts out great numbers and in the end it sells only about 10k more.... In any case, I didn't have this (I assume) perceived intention of downplaying PS3's numbers. Maybe I should have said "congrats PS3"?
I didn't think you were downplaying PS3, I thought you were up-playing DS. It's been so great for so long, I didn't see anything worthy of remark in your comparison. "Of course a rejuvenated PS3 can barely pass DS." But maybe that's me letting DS distort my view of how abnormal DS has been. Your approach may actually be more realistic, showing more wonder at the truly unprecedented success Nintendo's handheld has achieved.

test_account

XP-39C²
spwolf said:
are we still on for that drink or?

this deserved lol, right, right?
Sure, if we ever meet, then we can have a couple of drinks, that would be cool :)

By the way, about increased PSP game support, i checked garaph.info and it might be that we will see enough PSP games in 2009 to match, or at least get pretty close to how many PSP games that came out in 2006 (which was the year with most PSP game releases). In 2006 there was 74 PSP games released. So far in 2009 we have seen 58 games and tomorrow (Thursday) we will see 3 more PSP games (Gran Turismo Portable, Macross and Minna no Sukkiri) which means 61 PSP games have been released so far in 2009. Unfortunately i dont know how the PSP release calendar look for the rest of the year, but i wouldnt be that surprised if we see at least 10-15 PSP games being released before 2009 is over.

For comparison, in 2004 (when the PSP was released) there were 13 PSP games released. The PSP was released in December 2004 though, so i dont think we could expect that many PSP games to be released in 2004 :) In 2007 there were 48 PSP games released and in 2008 there were 59 PSP games released. All these numbers i just talked about is for the japanese market only. I am not sure how there is with PSP games in other parts of the world.

Raistlin

The way I see it, many people do actually have some level of brand loyalty ... but it has its limits. I think a lot of people wanted to like Sony this gen, but they were asking too much out of them (get two jobs lol).

I actually got one at launch, but that's because the 'value proposition' actually made sense to me. I'm in the minority though, since I'm an early adopter of A/V tech. The system + BluRay support was a good deal. Most people however, just couldn't bite. Even if they knew what you got for the price was in fact impressive, most simply won't pay that kind of price. Now that it's at $299 though, while still a bit more than the competition ... the value plus a bit of Sony love means they'll consider it.

If this gen proves one thing, particularly to Sony, it's that $299 or close to it needs to be the goal for the next gen.

spwolf

test_account said:
but i wouldnt be that surprised if we see at least 10-15 PSP games being released before 2009 is over.

For comparison, in 2004 (when the PSP was released) there were 13 PSP games released. The PSP was released in December 2004 though, so i dont think we could expect that many PSP games to be released in 2004 :) In 2007 there were 48 PSP games released and in 2008 there were 59 PSP games released. All these numbers i just talked about is for the japanese market only. I am not sure how there is with PSP games in other parts of the world.

i linked previously to our own thread on new PSP games (its few months old)... most of them are coming in 2010, but there is shit load of them (WW).

spwolf said:

Worldwide? Certainly completely possible. In fact, at the moment I'd say it's most likely to happen.

Just because Japan is lost, doesn't mean it is worldwide.

freddy

Banned
What the hell happened to the PSP?

It would be interesting to see a comparison between sales spikes for PSP and PS3 alongside the same comparison between Wii and DS/DSi.

Are the PSP and PS3 affecting each others sales more so than say PS3 versus Wii and likewise does the DS eat into Wii sales when it has an up tick rather than PS3 eating into those sales?

I've always thought at least in NPD that Wii sales flattened off after the release of the DSi whereas the price drop of the 360 had little effect.

test_account

XP-39C²
Onix said:
The way I see it, many people do actually have some level of brand loyalty ... but it has its limits. I think a lot of people wanted to like Sony this gen, but they were asking too much out of them (get two jobs lol).

I actually got one at launch, but that's because the 'value proposition' actually made sense to me. I'm in the minority though, since I'm an early adopter of A/V tech. The system + BluRay support was a good deal. Most people however, just couldn't bite. Even if they knew what you got for the price was in fact impressive, most simply won't pay that kind of price. Now that it's at $299 though, while still a bit more than the competition ... the value plus a bit of Sony love means they'll consider it.
Ye, i also think that $299 might be the price point where many people will concider buying a PS3 as you say, i agree :) The PS3 sales in Japan has been pretty good since the price dropped. I think that the newly designed PS3 (PS3 Slim) also is one of the reason for the increased PS3 sales though, but i do think that there might be a possibility that $299 is a fairly acceptable price for a PS3 for many people. I think that it shall be interesting to see how the PS3 sales will hold up now that the PS3 costs $299 (or 29,980 Yen in Japan) :)

Onix said:
If this gen proves one thing, particularly to Sony, it's that $299 or close to it needs to be the goal for the next gen.
Ye, i have also been thinking a bit about this. What Sony (and everyone else as well for that matter) has indeed learned this generation is that releasing a $499 (20GB PS3) and $599 (60GB PS3) might have a negative effect on the sales no matter how popular their previous consoles are/were. After seeing how the higher PS3 prices affected the PS3 sales, i dont think that we will see any console in the next generation that launches with a price of over $399.

spwolf said:
i linked previously to our own thread on new PSP games (its few months old)... most of them are coming in 2010, but there is shit load of them (WW).
Ah ok, cool, thanks for the info! :) Are those retail games by the way? I can see that there will be more PSP download-able only games now that the PSP Go is out at least :) But i think that it is cool to see good game support for a system. In this case with the PSP i wonder how this will affect the PSP hardware sales.

P90

spwolf said:

It is very reasonable to think that the Wii will overtake the PS2 sales. Given past history, new games coming out, and price cuts.

I think $299 is a very attractive price for the PS3. I think it will improve its standing considerably. Looking back, anybody with any sense knew a $599 console would not have a big footprint in the marketshare.

The PSP has had a renaissance from mid-2009 and into 2010. The counterpoint is that the DS has had a renaissance, with a few low points, it's entire lifespan. The strength of the handheld market has "hurt" the console market. I find I spend much more time using my DS and PSP than any and all consoles.

Monorojo was the Homer Simpson of Sony fanboys. Classic posts of hilariousness. Never offensive, but palm-to-the-forehead, wtf-ness.

Dragona Akehi said:
Worldwide? Certainly completely possible. In fact, at the moment I'd say it's most likely to happen.

Just because Japan is lost, doesn't mean it is worldwide.
I already did the figures. If they can hit 55 million units in America and 50 million units in Europe all Nintendo would have to do is sell 11 million Wii's in Japan to make up the difference. They are currently 3-4 million units ahead of the PS2 in America, and last I knew for all of Europe they are about the same. Totally possible before 2013.

test_account

XP-39C²
Thunder Monkey said:
I already did the figures. If they can hit 55 million units in America and 50 million units in Europe all Nintendo would have to do is sell 11 million Wii's in Japan to make up the difference. They are currently 3-4 million units ahead of the PS2 in America, and last I knew for all of Europe they are about the same. Totally possible before 2013.
Isnt the PS2 at around 130 million console sold worldwide by now?

EDIT: Or do you mean 116 million Wii consoles sold in total in the US, Europe and Japan combined, and in addition several of other millions Wii consoles sold in the rest of the world?

test_account said:
Isnt the PS2 at around 130 million console sold worldwide by now?

EDIT: Or do you mean 116 million Wii consoles sold in total in the US, Europe and Japan combined, and in addition several of other millions Wii consoles sold in the rest of the world?
I'm just going by Sony's numbers for the big three regions. We can actually figure out what they've sold there. The remainder is like one huge guess.

Raistlin

AFreak said:
Damnit. I already said that. And I'm not even a junior so why all the negligence guys?

:lol

Sorry, it was unintentional. I was catching up on the thread and hadn't reached the last page.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
The usually pretty reliable MC leak has PS3 closer to 42K and Wii closer to 11K.

donny2112

Fularu said:
I haven't seen anything (or found anything) regarding the wii numbers since the price cut... isn't it a bit early to tell? It happened 4 days ago

Anecdotal evidence mainly. I've read that some people in retail have been really surprised by how much Wii sales increased with only a $50 price drop.

Fularu said:
I thought we laughed at the "amazon charts" card

We do.

Top Bottom