• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 1, 2014 (Dec 30 - Jan 05)

Kysen

God Eater 2 failed to get a significant boost during the entire holiday season, even with Vita selling 90k this week.

Sadly other than graphics it feels like the developers didn't put their all into the game. They must have cut funding part way through development as the story is a mess and just ends abruptly mid way. Game looks better than burst but has so much recycled content its insane.

I still enjoyed my 40hrs though. Compared to MH4 though, the level of polish/content isn't even in the same league. Lack of online play too hurt the game.

prag16

Banned
Its lower than last week and the week before. The holidays brought a bump and does not appear to be a permanent change to Nintendo's fortunes. Unfortunately.
Was anybody expecting it to establish a new baseline at 100k? Obviously not. The real question is what new baseline it will find in the coming weeks. I don't think this week's number told us a whole lot there.

mclem

Its lower than last week and the week before. The holidays brought a bump and does not appear to be a permanent change to Nintendo's fortunes. Unfortunately.

We can't know that until we know the value it settles at. Could still go either way. I will say it's decreasing less rapidly than I expected, but that might just be a shifting of the curve.

VITA finally rised and i am glad to see Final Fantasy X above 400k(Twin Pack + PS3). If we add digital sales + individual sales of Final Fantasy X and X-2 on VITA, it is definitely a success. I guess FF X-3 and XII HD is inevitable now.

pickwick

So we have a rise for all Sony systems and a down for all Nintendo systems, right ?

That's unexpected....

Can someone could explain for me ??

Pooya

Sadly other than graphics it feels like the developers didn't put their all into the game. They must have cut funding part way through development as the story is a mess and just ends abruptly mid way. Game looks better than burst but has so much recycled content its insane.

I still enjoyed my 40hrs though. Compared to MH4 though, the level of polish/content isn't even in the same league. Lack of online play too hurt the game.

probably holding things back to sell the game again next/this year...

the game was in a bit of a development hell too looking how it went silent for long periods. They changed the art style of the game completely once... then added Vita etc.

Wtf at Vita. Where'd that come from?

Looks like Wii U is back on the slide though... How long until we're back at sub-10k there I wonder.
Actually, is holding pretty well. I think is going to stabilize between 15k - 25k (not counting the big releases). for the next months. And thats not bad, at all.

Ricky 7

Next week drop is going to be harsh for Wii U, at least it had a good Christmas.
What happened to Attack on Titan, is it still out of stock or something?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Christmas means Nintendo rises, New Year means Sony rises it seems. I guess PS3 price cut in Japan will be post PS4 now then though. I'm not sure I see a YoY rise for Vita since they pulled a lot of moves last year they'd have a hard time matching this one to spur things similarly.

Code:
 3DS # |    [B]187.920[/B] |    208.893 |   [B] 305.690[/B] |    187.920 |    305.690 |  14.881.931

Big drop.

Good week for the Vita. Only DBZ game is coming out in January for the Vita right?

Log4Girlz

Was anybody expecting it to establish a new baseline at 100k? Obviously not. The real question is what new baseline it will find in the coming weeks. I don't think this week's number told us a whole lot there.

I think some people are hoping for a new, dramatically higher baseline than what it had before the holiday bump, since it was a stronger than expected bump as far as I can gather. I on the other hand expect it to sell just as well as before the holidays.

nightever

So we have a rise for all Sony systems and a down for all Nintendo systems, right ?

That's unexpected....

Can someone could explain for me ??

That's normal for week 1 though. Kids and teenages have their money to buy playstation while nintendo is "the products" as New Year gift.

Make that "in three weeks".

You don't think it'll sell roughly 30,000 more units next week? That'll be a larger drop than from last week, which doesn't make much sense to me.

Granted, I don't think it'll be anything over 45,000, but still.

EDIT: Oh yeah, holidays and such. I guess a bigger drop is indeed possible.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
01./04. [3DS] Pokemon X / Y # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2013.10.12} (¥4.800) - 152.888 / 4.129.717 <80-100%> (-2%)
Is this the best selling game on 3DS right now? It surpassed Animal Crossing (I know that eshop numbers are not counted here)

02./02. [3DS] PazuDora Z: Puzzle & Dragons Z <RPG> (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2013.12.12} (¥4.400) - 151.806 / 1.157.503 <80-100%> (-24%)
Will this become the second best third party game on the 3DS falling behind MH4 alone? Or MH3G will resist?

03./01. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 68.578 / 293.996 <80-100%> (-70%)
Will this be able to surpass OOT3D (considering that was sold out, I think)?

06./07. [WIU] New Super Mario Bros. U # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.12.08} (¥5.985) - 56.372 / 1.022.166 <80-100%> (-25%)
Doped by the bundle but still...first Wii U million seller in Japan! ;p

16./20. [WIU] Taiko no Tatsujin: Wii U Version! # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.11.21} (¥5.480) - 21.441 / 117.517 <60-80%> (-3%)
Is this the second best selling third party game on Wii U, behind MH3GUltimate? Will it keep its position forever (considering that there aren't other third party games announced :p )

WIU | 60.548 | 79.174 | 70.662 | 60.548 | 70.662 | 1.578.975 |
360 | 1.124 | 770 | 1.266 | 1.124 | 1.266 | 1.608.683
Will the Wii U surpass X360 LTD in Japan next week? Considering that X360 will sell less than 1K, Wii U should sell 30K to do it more or less

Foshy

Good week for the Vita. Only DBZ game is coming out in January for the Vita right?
01/23
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss
Uta Kumi 575

01/30
Amagami (EbKore+)
Makai Senki Disgaea 4 Return
Rozen Maiden: Wechseln Sie Welt ab

DBZ is the biggest release for sure. Disgaea 4 is a port iirc.

You don't think it'll sell roughly 30,000 more units next week? That'll be a larger drop than from last week, which doesn't make much sense to me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, holidays and such. I guess a bigger drop is indeed possible.

Wii U last year:

Week 1 2013: 67k
Week 2 2013: 21k

nampad

Good to see the Vita selling well and hope the support from publishers will pick up. Square Enix should at least be more supportive after the FFX/X2 numbers.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

I don't think it will sell 30k at all. If it does, I'll celebrate a fantastic recover of the platform. Week 1 still is part of the "holiday weeks", week 2 is a super-weak week.

probably holding things back to sell the game again next/this year...

If the base game didn't wow, a 'Burst rerelease' won't exactly catch sail either. It'll sell decent, but as it is, God Eater are roughly maintaining their same audience back from the first 2 games, without really being able to slice away a piece of that MH audience pie.

Maedhros

01/23
Uta Kumi 575

01/30
Amagami (EbKore+)

What about 3DS in january?

Good to see the Vita selling well and hope the support from publishers will pick up. Square Enix should at least be more supportive after the FFX/X2 numbers.

Hopefully FFXII, Dissidia and the KH games can get ported/made.

01/23
Uta Kumi 575

01/30
Amagami (EbKore+)

List looks a little sad.

I was hoping Vita would hit 100k this week.
I'm noticing 80-100% with FFX for Vita, so I'm assuming they really under shipped.

nightever

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
3DS software is everywhere. Also nice to see the Vita and Wii U afloat.

Oh, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team hit the 400k mark. I remember it having a rather slow start, but are these good numbers in the end?

It seems that Super Mario 3D World will be passing 500k next week? Those are pretty good numbers considering how long the game has been out. It's had some great legs.

Alrus

What happened to Attack on Titan, is it still out of stock or something?

Out of stock pretty much everywhere. Spike Chunsoft isn't a big publisher so getting new carts printed out probably takes a while for them. They underestimated the demand.

3DS software is everywhere. Also nice to see the Vita and Wii U afloat.

Oh, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team hit the 400k mark. I remember it having a rather slow start, but are these good numbers in the end?

It seems that Super Mario 3D World will be passing 500k next week? Those are pretty good numbers considering how long the game has been out. It's had some great legs.

They're now roughly on par with the 1st and 2nd game (400k+). Still far away from the 3rd which sold 700k+ though.

Lexxism

Last year, WiiU dropped from 67k to 20k in week 2. I wonder if this is a sign of going around 10k next week.

Alrus

It's okay, much lower than Bowser's Inside Story but about on par with previous entries. BIS was more of an anomaly for the series (it also was a much better game).

SM3DW aren't too bad considering it's on the Wii U. Probably won't go much further than 500-600k unless it's aggressively bundled like NSMBU.

Top Bottom