• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 11 {2012.03.12 - 2012.03.18}

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
how is 100K doing well unless we are talking first week here?

are you talking about Gravity Daze?
well, it's a new IP, probably also "small" in terms of budget for development (compared to other major AAA productions) on a platform that up to now is not to hot.
This could be good, imho.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah, retail + DD, but still, pretty good for GD. And deserved!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Nintendogs 1 2 3 4 5 & 6? :p

Kid Icarus?

Okay okay I give up... so if this continues to trend well does this mean GDaze has a chance to sell 1 million in Japan as the user base for Vita grows?

What is the top selling Vita game so far?

GD did well, I don't think it will continue to sell reaching further milestone, honestly.
Best selling game I think it's Hot shot golf (over 100K for sure, I don't remember the LTD)

Kid Icarus?

Okay okay I give up... so if this continues to trend well does this mean GDaze has a chance to sell 1 million in Japan as the user base for Vita grows?

How would 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th entries in a franchise be new IPs heh

I think Hot Shots Golf passed 100k not long after luanch so I'd assume it would be the best selling games o far

duckroll

Kid Icarus?

What the fuck are you talking about? Seriously. Are you on drugs? Or are you just trying to be annoying?

Erethian

100k isn't all that uncommon for a new IP published by SCEJ.

So I'd say it's a decent result, but not amazing or anything.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu Sales: Week 13, 2012 (Mar 19 - Mar 25)

01./00. [3DS] Kid Icarus: Uprising <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.03.22} (¥5.800)
02./00. [PSP] Black Panther 2: Yakuza Ashura Chapter <ADV> (Sega) {2012.03.22} (¥6.279)
03./01. [NDS] Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition <SLG> (Pokemon Co.) {2012.03.17} (¥5.800)
04./00. [PS3] Devil May Cry HD Collection <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.03.22} (¥4.990)
05./00. [PS3] Ninja Gaiden 3 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.03.22} (¥8.190)
06./06. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800)
07./00. [PS3] Attouteki Yuugi: Mugen Souls # <RPG> (Compile Heart) {2012.03.22} (¥7.329)
08./02. [PSP] Shining Blade <RPG> (Sega) {2012.03.15} (¥6.279)
09./00. [PSP] Fairy Tail: Zelef Kakusei <ACT> (Konami) {2012.03.22} (¥5.800)
10./12. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800)

duckroll

04./00. [PS3] Devil May Cry HD Collection <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.03.22} (¥4.990)
05./00. [PS3] Ninja Gaiden 3 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.03.22} (¥8.190)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Team Ninja Dog and Hayashit gets fucking owned by a HD collection of PS2 games! Just like we expected! Fucking losers. :D

KH3D shouldn't be a difficult to predict release. It's the next major KH game.
If it wasn't for the shockingly low comgnet preorders and the FFXIII-2 bomba I wouldn't expect any less than 380-400k in the first week.

I mean, I have never played any KH game yet, but from what I gather it's a series that requires you to have played previous games in order to get into its complex storylines twists, so this could put off whoever would feel like jumping into the series for the first time, and this could affect sales somehow.

Besides, IIRC KH games were million sellers on PS2, but didn't reach one million mark neither on DS nor PSP, so if KH3DS should sell more than any handheld iterations, it would be something big in my understanding and unpredictable.

Of course KH3D will sell decently in the worst possible scenario, but I am not sure whether it's going to underperform or sell more than a million, perhaps having long legs, unlike SM3DL, MK7 and MH3G that were pretty much safe predictions as far as I'm concerned.

Ragus

Banned
01./00. [3DS] Kid Icarus: Uprising <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.03.22} (¥5.800)

0096_tmax.gif

duckroll

I mean, I have never played any KH game yet, but I gather it's a series that requires you to have played previous games in order to get into its complex storylines twists, so this could put off whoever would feel like jumping into the series for the first time.

Besides, IIRC KH games were million sellers on PS2, but didn't reach one million mark neither on DS nor PSP, so if KH3DS should sell more than any handheld iterations, it would be something big in my understanding.

Of course KH3D will sell decently in the worst possible scenario, but I am not sure whether it's going to underperform or sell more than a million, perhaps having long legs, unlike SM3DL, MK7 and MH3G that were pretty much safe predictions as far as I'm concerned.

The only million selling KH is KH2.

duckroll

not trying to annoy anyone but it seems I step into some very serious matters that I should not have commented on, sorry :(

Well I was probably more rude than I had to be in the rely, but I honestly don't understand what you were trying to say. It seemed like you were making fun of me instead. :(

saichi

So it seems likely that they've sold over 30k on PSN alone?

and now it would make more sense to talk about the numbers of reviews GD gets and the number of copies sold on PSN... assuming the number includes units sold at retail, not shipped. Otherwise, PSN number would be lower. However, this is still the best DD data we get on PSV titles.

Famitsu -

Mario Kart 7 out of top 10?

Well I was probably more rude than I had to be in the rely, but I honestly don't understand what you were trying to say. It seemed like you were making fun of me instead. :(

no was not trying to make fun of you... I was thinking of IPs that performed better but then felt you had a good point thus the ---> :p

but seriously sorry for making light of it

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Um, maybe I missing something here, but why/how did both Monster Hunter 3G and Super Mario Land 3D jump Mario Kart 7?

duckroll

Um, maybe I missing something here, but why/how did both Monster Hunter and Super Mario Land 3D jump Mario Kart 7?

People are probably getting sick of racing games, so they stopped buying them.

Realistically the difference between the sales of the titles at the bottom of the chart are likely just thousands of sales apart, so Mario Kart 7 is probably just below that. As for why those two titles in particularly jumped MK7, it could be because they're action games which might be more interesting to the core action audience who were drawn to the stores to buy KI:U?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Oh yeah the bundles! Totally forgot about those, I thought they were hitting sometime in April for some weird reason..

Top Bottom