• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2013 (Mar 11 - Mar 17)

levitan

Anything SAO-related will be unstoppable in Asia/Japan. In the school I teach, almost all the 12-18 year old students have a copy of the SOA novel. They read them whenever they have recess and lunchbreak. That shit is big man.

BTW, I think the 3DS SRW kinda bombed. The game should be able to sell much much much more copies...

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
How low can WiiU go? 6000? The silence from the Nintendo Camp is pretty insane. I mean, I can only assume at this point theyre waiting for that fiscal year cut off but good lord.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think if sony can stabilize the release calendar a bit, and get up to a good exclusive one every two weeks, they could easily sustain 50k+ a week.

Hopefully there is some major wheeling and dealing going on at sony HQ to try to get more titles, more regularly.

Come on people. Let's not completely lose it.

3DS sales remain steady, with a slight boost from the bundle.
PSV sales slowing down now that the price drop and big releases have happens. The next couple weeks will show where the Vita will stabilize at.
WiiU sales continue to be terrible with no new software to drive sales.

Phazon

Are these good sales for Kingdom Hearts HD? They seem alright to me but I don't know.

I also wonder if the Wii U has any big titles releasing soon over there that can move units, because those sales are just atrocious. Soon enough it is going to be competing with it's predecessor for the 5th spot on this chart.

Wii U sales are getting pathetic yes. And I don't think Wario will change that a lot. Nintendo should really learn to have some back-up projects, in the event that other scheduled projects are having delays.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What the context for Super Robot Wars sales? Are these good, just OK, bad? I have no idea.

[GBA] Super Robot Wars A (Banpresto) - 161.272 / 310.513 / 51,94% 21/09/01
[GBA] Super Robot Wars R (Banpresto) - 158.993 / 285.314 / 55,73% 02/08/02
[GBA] Super Robot Wars D (Banpresto) - 107.703 / 199.607 / 53,96% 08/08/03
[GBA] Super Robot Wars J (Banpresto) - 111.862 / 181.534 / 61,62% 15/09/05
[NDS] Super Robot Wars W (Banpresto) - 172.190 / 278.027 / 61,93% 01/03/07
[NDS] Super Robot Wars K (Bandai Namco) - 131.638 / 213.454 / 61,67% 20/03/09
[NDS] Super Robot Wars L (Bandai Namco) 129.054 / 161.387 / 79,97% 25/11/10

[3DS] Super Robot Wars UX (Bandai Namco) - 120.751 / 120.751 / 100,00% 14/03/13

In the Nintendo handheld context, they're okay.

Road

[PS3] God of War: Ascension # <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.03.14} (¥5.980) - 19.844

GoW:A less than half of what GoWIII did. :p

[PS3] God of War III - 44,583

But more than God of War II - 18,463.

It's funny how it is the same performance as in the UK:

It means Sony have to settle for second spot with Demi God Kratos returning in &#8216;God of War Ascension&#8217; at No2. Ascension becomes the 6th title in the series but fails to emulate the success of God of War III which took the No1 spot in Week 11 2010 with more than double the sales. It does however become the second biggest Week 1 in the series surpassing the debut week of God of War II which took the No1 back in Week 17 2007.

How much longer will Soul Sacrifice be able to sell? I'm assuming that if it's still selling at the current rate next week it'll be a long selling title.
I'm not sure what about a 75% drop makes you think it will have a really long tail.

It will probably end up with lifetime sales between 150-200K.

schuelma

How low can WiiU go? 6000? The silence from the Nintendo Camp is pretty insane. I mean, I can only assume at this point theyre waiting for that fiscal year cut off but good lord.

It will have one more sub10k week and then it should see a temporary spike.

Likewise, all my schools are filled with kids who love SAO. That's both girls and boys, across ages 11 to 15 in my case. They love that shit.

As for OP Musou 2 this week, at least locally, the Vita version is sold out in most places. In my experience with the game thus far, it's a really great port that looks and plays well, and has everything the PS3 version does. I'm very interested in seeing what the breakdown is between both versions.

They have been sitting on Wii Fit U, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101 for a while with not even a hint of a release coming soon for any of them.

I'm starting to think that they wait for the new fiscal year to begin. Like, this one is done, let's move on and boast about a increase in sales. Meanwhile, they tighten their asses and wait for the shitty period to be over.

It seems stupid, but nor much more stupid than their actual handling of the Wii U.
I always think they have a plan. It's more reassuring than stating they're incompetent.

Takao

Banned
[GBA] Super Robot Wars A (Banpresto) - 161.272 / 310.513 / 51,94% 21/09/01
[GBA] Super Robot Wars R (Banpresto) - 158.993 / 285.314 / 55,73% 02/08/02
[GBA] Super Robot Wars D (Banpresto) - 107.703 / 199.607 / 53,96% 08/08/03
[GBA] Super Robot Wars J (Banpresto) - 111.862 / 181.534 / 61,62% 15/09/05
[NDS] Super Robot Wars W (Banpresto) - 172.190 / 278.027 / 61,93% 01/03/07
[NDS] Super Robot Wars K (Bandai Namco) - 131.638 / 213.454 / 61,67% 20/03/09
[NDS] Super Robot Wars L (Bandai Namco) 129.054 / 161.387 / 79,97% 25/11/10

[3DS] Super Robot Wars UX (Bandai Namco) - 120.751 / 120.751 / 100,00% 14/03/13

In the Nintendo handheld context, they're okay.

Does Namco Bandai just choose random letters to name these games or something?

Oersted

How much longer will Soul Sacrifice be able to sell? I'm assuming that if it's still selling at the current rate next week it'll be a long selling title.

Current rate?

05./02. [PSV] Soul Sacrifice # <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.03.07} (¥5.980) - 26.561 / 132.424 (-75%)

Edit:

Screw you shinra.

Media Create charts not coming until tomorrow?

Where do you think you are posting^^?

duckroll

Anything SAO-related will be unstoppable in Asia/Japan. In the school I teach, almost all the 12-18 year old students have a copy of the SOA novel. They read them whenever they have recess and lunchbreak. That shit is big man.

BTW, I think the 3DS SRW kinda bombed. The game should be able to sell much much much more copies...

Why do you think the game should be able to sell much much much more? It's viewed as another entry in the portable SRW line, which sells about this much, and the line up is filled with low-tier shows which aren't successful on their own at all. What would make more people want to buy the new one?

liger05

I think if sony can stabilize the release calendar a bit, and get up to a good exclusive one every two weeks, they could easily sustain 50k+ a week.

And then you will wake up.

Of course... but this week, without any big release, PS Vita sold 35k units... a 5k increase next week with a game like Pirate Warriors 2 would be pretty normal.

Isnt this just a cross over from the price drop. 35K isnt the baseline.

It'll be interesting to see the split in sales for OP next week. Will it affect the PS3 sales much and how much copies will the Vita be able to sell to mean a good ROI and worthwhile port.

Cincaid

I hope Square-Enix are testing the waters with the KH1.5 release to see how the interest for the franchise is today. Hopefully they'll see how much me and others want a proper sequel to KHII, even better if it's coming for PS4 (and maybe even the Nextbox). Playing through KHII at the moment makes me realize how much I really love KH and KHII.

crinale

The mech-lineup wasn't really appealing to SRW fans (and thus probably means less copyright fees), so Bamco should not be worried too much...

Frillen

36k is pretty good for a week with no major new release exclusive to vita.

Hopefully there is some major wheeling and dealing going on at sony HQ to try to get more titles, more regularly.

In your dreams maybe.

Wii U:

i7kw48Odmhaqn.gif

I'm sorry, I needed an excuse to post that.

I got a real good laugh out of that.

The Wii U though, I hope Nintendo investors are getting prepped to crucify over this launch.

Ormberg

The QA from those meetings are always great, cannot wait to hear what Iwata has as an explanation, hopefully not "please wait until X" but instead giving us a bit more insight.

orioto

Good Art™
I'm going by the fact that Monster Hunter is a series that has a long tail and is still in media create top 20's, 40's months after release.

Yeah SS is not Monster Hunter...
You won't see hordes of students or kids buying the game in club to play it.. it just doesn't have that kind of appeal, i think.

levitan

Why do you think the game should be able to sell much much much more? It's viewed as another entry in the portable SRW line, which sells about this much, and the line up is filled with low-tier shows which aren't successful on their own at all. What would make more people want to buy the new one?

You have a point. I did not know SRW sell like that in handhelds...I must have been thinking about F and alpha kind of sales in my head.

crinale

They recently posted a HUGE billboard ad (viewed from commuter train) regarding Mother 2 coming to VC.

duckroll

Man, I still can't believe Sword Art Online is at the top of the chart. A fucking PSP game. Lol. The power of waifus. Lulz.

schuelma

So G&W will spike WiiU but One Piece wont spike Vita?

Well, first, I do think Game & Wario will sell higher than One Piece Vita.

Second, no, I do not believe Game & Wario will be what spikes hardware sales that week.

They have been sitting on Wii Fit U, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101 for a while with not even a hint of a release coming soon for any of them.
Well Fit and 101 must be close to finished given NOA sent out package press materials for the former and now lists the latter as "coming soon" in the eShop. Maybe April/May for them, with Pikmin pushed to summer?

What Nintendo really needs is some 3rd party filler to round the schedule out.

schuelma

Well Fit and 101 must be close to finished given NOA sent out package press materials for the former and now lists the latter as "coming soon" in the eShop. Maybe April/May for them, with Pikmin pushed to summer?

What Nintendo really needs is some 3rd party filler to round the schedule out.

Well, it's almost April. If those 2 are coming they should announce it soon.

I still find it hard to believe Nintendo's major April release is going to be a downloadable title....

Coxy

people tend to remember the SRW Z2 games selling loads, that was kind of a different beast but the average observer might not know that

Top Bottom