• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 16, 2013 (Apr 15 - Apr 21)

DrWong

Prediction League April, 2013

[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (28 days) - 530,000
[PSP] Summon Night 5 (11 days) - 80,000
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV (4 days) - 160,000
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (4 days) - 40,000
[PS3+WIU+360] Resident Evil Revelations (4 days) - 130,000

For clarification:

Friday April 26th: Work
Saturday April 27th: Weekend
Sunday April 28th: Weekend
Monday April 29th: Public Holiday
Tuesday April 30th - Thursday May 2nd: Work
Friday May 3rd: Public Holiday
Saturday May 4th: Weekend
Sunday May 5th: Weekend
Monday May 6th: Public Holiday

Also, saw 12 used Wii Us in a Bic Camera in Okayama while I was there, mostly Basics, but some Black and one MH bundle. Also, the Xbox had way more software than Vita on the shelves and the Xbox section was easier to find and not hidden at the back of the games section, in amongst the PSP stuff behind a pole.

[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (28 days) - 456,789
[PSP] Summon Night 5 (11 days) - 54,321
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV (4 days) - 123,456
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (4 days) - 67,890
[PS3+WIU+360] Resident Evil Revelations (4 days) - 98,765

Wynnebeck

Banned
Also, saw 12 used Wii Us in a Bic Camera in Okayama while I was there, mostly Basics, but some Black and one MH bundle. Also, the Xbox had way more software than Vita on the shelves and the Xbox section was easier to find and not hidden at the back of the games section, in amongst the PSP stuff behind a pole.

Welp, that's it. Pack it up.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

lunch, remember to post eShop charts not just on Monday...please :p

[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (28 days) - 440,804
[PSP] Summon Night 5 (11 days) - 75,022
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV (4 days) - 131,539
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (4 days) - 79,105
[PS3+WIU+360] Resident Evil Revelations (4 days) - 107,490

serplux

lunch, remember to post eShop charts not just on Monday...please :p

[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (28 days) - 440,804
[PSP] Summon Night 5 (11 days) - 75,022
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV (4 days) - 131,539
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (4 days) - 79,105
[PS3+WIU+360] Resident Evil Revelations (4 days) - 107,490

lunch, I can help ya post charts for the Wii U and 3DS if you want me to. We could work out a schedule or something.

extralite

Does anyone know what happened to these games?

They disappeared from media-5 website.

Before: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...products_game/psvita.html+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk
Now: http://www.media-5.co.jp/products_game/psvita.html

Were they released or not?

They're not on Sony's website. Can anyone with a Vita check if they are in the Japanese PS Store? =P

There are plenty of NekuRebo games (which I guess is the general series the games you listed are part of) from last year and one new game from Media-5 released on 4/25/13 but the title is different (TOEIC TEST Jissen Tokkun 2, 3800 yen). Those three you listed aren't on PSN.

Road

Media Create 2012 Top 1000 available on http://geimin.net/da/db/2012_ne_mc/index.php

There are plenty of NekuRebo games (which I guess is the general series the games you listed are part of) from last year and one new game from Media-5 released on 4/25/13 but the title is different (TOEIC TEST Jissen Tokkun 2, 3800 yen). Those three you listed aren't on PSN.

Thanks!

If I look on retailers online most are accepting pre-orders instead of selling the game. Weird there's nothing on media-5 site about them, though.

Good to know, thanks for the info. With all his talk about Soul Sacrifice and wanting to make a sequel or games for PSV/PS4 I was wondering if he had abandoned the project (or if he was even working on it).

The last info we had about the game was that they were also working on an anime adaptation, so it seems weird they abandoned the project. We also saw some screens, actually.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Muramasa official PR Twitter account just twitted that the PS Vita version of Muramasa has sold over 100K copies (total units shipped + total downloads) in Japan.
https://twitter.com/oboro_pr/status/329163902984278016

Kinda surprising Muramasa Vita beat Muramasa Wii (original + rerelease).

Hope to see a port of Odin Sphere though. I wonder if it's possible for them to port Princess Crown. :p

mao2

Time for Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire :D

Kinda surprising Muramasa Vita beat Muramasa Wii (original + rerelease).

Hope to see a port of Odin Sphere though. I wonder if it's possible for them to port Princess Crown. :p
I'm hoping for GrimGrimoire and Odin Sphere ports too, especially GrimGrimoire since it should play better with the touch screen. As for Princess Crown, the PSP version is playable on PS Vita.

So Muramasa has a retail:download ratio of approx 2:1? Not bad!

Nope.

MC has it at 67k to consumers and that was 1 week ago.

Add some stock at retailers + maybe a small bumb from golden week and shipments were probably in 80k range so maybe 20k downloads probably less.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I do wonder... If Persona 4 Golden did well for Index, and seeing that there won't be Persona ports anymore (unless they port Arena), will it be getting SMT ports likes Digital Devil Saga, SMT:NINE, or SMT:If...? I know PSP had SMT ports but were never released in America (Devil Summoner).

Vinnk

Random anecdote!

At the 3 stores nearby that still sell GameCube games the price has gone up for used copies of Luigi Mansion. It's about $40-45 now(give or take). Was about $20-30 when I last checked a few months ago.

Orgen

[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (28 days) - 501.000
[PSP] Summon Night 5 (11 days) - 88.000
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV (4 days) - 142.000
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (4 days) - 65.000
[PS3+WIU+360] Resident Evil Revelations (4 days) - 153.000

Takao

Banned
I do wonder... If Persona 4 Golden did well for Index, and seeing that there won't be Persona ports anymore (unless they port Arena), will it be getting SMT ports likes Digital Devil Saga, SMT:NINE, or SMT:If...? I know PSP had SMT ports but were never released in America (Devil Summoner).

If ... probably wouldn't sell all that well unless it was a remake or something. The game's been ported to iPhone and stuff.

Oh, and I expect there will be Persona ports for some platform. Sony and Atlus aren't releasing Persona 3 movies for nothing, haha.

Muramasa official PR Twitter account just twitted that the PS Vita version of Muramasa has sold over 100K copies (total units shipped + total downloads) in Japan.

[WII] Muaramasa - 28.807 / 48.488
[WII] Muramasa (Everybody's Recommendation) - 7774 / 50.583

When a port to a "dead" platform outsells you ...

I bet you Iwata is. Besides, 13 million is only 1.3 million more then Wild World.

DS was way more popular than 3DS in the West so a growth in unlikely. It should do well, though, I mean, it's Animal fucking Crossing.

3DS seems to be the SMT machine.
They could still port Catherine on Vita, and Persona 5 if it will be a PS3 release.

So more portings on Vita incoming?

SmokyDave

Did disgea abd Persona devs say retail:download ratio for their games is 2:1?
That's the ratio Sony quoted for all Vita software, so it wouldn't surprise me. I don't know about Disgaea and Persona specifically.

I do suspect that digital sales are (relatively) impressive on the Vita (they're higher than on PS3 iirc). It's a real shame that no concrete numbers are forthcoming.

That's the ratio Sony quoted for all Vita software, so it wouldn't surprise me. I don't know about Disgaea and Persona specifically.

I do suspect that digital sales are (relatively) impressive on the Vita (they're higher than on PS3 iirc). It's a real shame that no concrete numbers are forthcoming.

So Vita games are selling half of their total on the digital stores? Do we have some source of this? It'd be worrying for retailers, poor hardware sales and not even the chance to gain from software.

So Vita games are selling half of their total on the digital stores? Do we have some source of this? It'd be worrying for retailers, poor hardware sales and not even the chance to gain from software.

Its more likely that includes download only software so downloads of retail titles will be a much smaller percentage

SmokyDave

No, sorry, one-third. According to Don Mesa of Sony, a third of all Vita games sold are sold digitally through the PlayStation Network.

I like that you've managed to spin it as a bad thing, that's impressive.

i never noticed you were worried for retailers when talking about digital sales of Animal Crossing :D
But that's different because... um....

wrowa

The world needs Persona 3 Golden. Despite already having 3 releases, Persona 3 still lacks a version that's legitimately great. The PS2 versions can be very annoying to play thanks to their auto-battles with lacking AI, and while the PSP remake improves the gameplay a lot, it's really lacking in terms of presentation.

ULTROS!

Persona 3 FES Vita port with Female MC will be amazing.

i never noticed you were worried for retailers when talking about digital sales of Animal Crossing :D

That's because:
-Animal Crossing is still selling millions physical copies
-Animal Crossing saw huge eShop sales because it has been sold-out for months
-Animal Crossing is on 3DS, and 3DS is selling both hardware and software
-finally, I talked about Animal Crossing digital sales maybe, once? Perhaps you're confusing with Mpl90.

The problem is when hardware is selling few units (33k Vita in the US in a month, in Japan it's around 50-60k units), and retailers cannot find margin from the software, since people buy a lot through digital stores. The idea that retailers can discontinue Vita sales is not something out of any reasonable context, as already discussed by metalslimer and Father_Brain in other threads. If retailers start to have poor hardware sales, and poor software sales because of digital sales, then it might be a problem.

Troll harder next time :)

I've a question, because I try to recreate the japanese market size history currently. ;)

I've came accross some Arcade Market data on Capcoms investor page.

What's the difference between those:
- Arcade Facilities Market
- Major Gaming Machines Market (Pachinko / Pachislo)
- Arcade Game Market

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/market.html

Are all these arcade machines (like Mario GP), or what are these exactly?

If anyone is interested in the size of the traditional gaming market (thx to Road for the find), I'll report a statistic from an older post (CESA data):

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/f7bksvv6/zzzzzzz.PNG

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46045224&postcount=1166

That's because:
-Animal Crossing is still selling millions physical copies
-Animal Crossing saw huge eShop sales because it has been sold-out for months
-Animal Crossing is on 3DS, and 3DS is selling both hardware and software
-finally, I talked about Animal Crossing digital sales maybe, once? Perhaps you're confusing with Mpl90.

The problem is when hardware is selling few units (33k Vita in the US in a month, in Japan it's around 50-60k units), and retailers cannot find margin from the software, since people buy a lot through digital stores. The idea that retailers can discontinue Vita sales is not something out of any reasonable context, as already discussed by metalslimer and Father_Brain in other threads. If retailers start to have poor hardware sales, and poor software sales because of digital sales, then it might be a problem.

Troll harder next time :)

you are worried for retailers just because is a Vita topic
i'm sure you don't give a fuck about retailers for Steam sales or America sales (where digital are growing up year after year)

your hate for Vita is getting pathetic, sir

The world needs Persona 3 Golden. Despite already having 3 releases, Persona 3 still lacks a version that's legitimately great. The PS2 versions can be very annoying to play thanks to their auto-battles with lacking AI, and while the PSP remake improves the gameplay a lot, it's really lacking in terms of presentation.
Persona 3DS?

Top Bottom